United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is showing of ankles allowed? :thumbsup:

Only after one is married, the blinds are drawn and if it does not cause one to become too aroused, such lascivious behavior cannot be allowed in public.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
especially the singer lorde.. i felt something tugging on my heart to do it so i did.
i want to make Christian tv shows and movies in the future that promote a Christian lifestyle.
Sometimes I think about doing this, especially to be virgins until marriage including kissing, ect.
I was thinking a couple years ago, if only I had waited until the pastor said you may now kiss the bride to have my first kiss it would be so sweet, and i want to make a movie/tv show that had this kind of stuff in it. It's so hard to come up with material. Let me know if you're interested in working together with me on this. Thanks
No sorry. Where I come from it´s rather "no marriage before sex".

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 12, 2015
✟7,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yes, no kissing.
sex after marriage was preached to me as a child, and i never listened. maybe if seen on tv with ultra cute weddings it would inspire people to change.
personally, there is just no reason for me to invest in a person while dating by kissing and be emotionally broken up about it later. id rather save it for my future husband who is Christian and plan's sticking by me and raising our kids with good Christian morals.

I started writing some stuff about the show tonight, how it will include people of all sizes, not just the slender variety, wearing appropriate clothing. this show will kind of be based in a perfect bubble. like what God intended our lives to be like, not what we live like today. it will be about love and respect- for our God, for each other, and the viewers.
i am choosing not to include gay people in the show- im not saying anything hateful about them, but if anyone is going to change, they will respond to love not hate. as for battling this later with homosexuals, if they have a right to carry on, i have a right to imagine what my world would be like if everything followed God's law.
Like I said, there wont be kissing, just waiting till marriage. this is my chance to really make something classy and that envisions what we should be and could live like if we chose to serve the Lord. i just think Christians need something to watch. im tired of the garbage on tv. the Bible says anyone that makes a child of God sin, they sin the worst, and they would be better off to tie a stone around them and hangout in the ocean. i think this would be me doing my fellow Christian's a favor by putting something they wont feel guilty for watching.
this show wont have drama,(gossip, disitracting points, ect.) but it will really hit on love. the love we should show one another(man and wife, peer to peer) it will have people being respectful of each other as a good example for what we are to be like. helping one another, building friendships with the same sex that become life-long bonds. where no one is left out and the show will be centered on building relationships with each other and God.
i know what goes on in the real world and that is why i am making this show. we need something imaginative that will get people's spark in their relationship with God back. this country was once a haven for Christians, now, Christianity is being banned everywhere.
the show will also be good examples for husbands and wifes. the show will feature no affairs or divorces, just working through problems, and respect and loving each other. no cliche missed anniversaries. just father's stepping up to be the man of the house, loving his wife like he should, and most importantly leading His family through life to be Christ followers.
this is meant to be an example to us Christians. again, some of these will be upsetting to people, but i would just like to imagine, and create for viewing pleasure, a show Christian's can watch without having to deal with the worldly things we do as sinners.

Reactions: moerunamida
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 12, 2015
✟7,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would also avoid holding hands, which can lead to kissing.

i agree. i wasnt going to mention that but, no it wont be a part of the show. not even talk about it being a struggle. just people living and following the commandments, and laws like it isn't hard to do.
all the girls of high school age will get along with other girls, none of the boys will be a "player". just kids respecting themselves, others, and God with everything they say and do.
this show will be very healthy to watch.
i understand our lives arent like this, but those things are just thrown in for dramatic effect, but again, this show is about what our lives should be like, what we should be doing, and how we should really treat each other. this is going to be a very loving show, because when we love others the way God intended us to, we are loving Him too. this starts when we carry out His wishes for our lives. This show will also be about building a solid relationship with Christ, thinking about Him in all we do, and letting His will, not ours be done.
this show wont touch on things like homosexuality, teen pregnancy, divorce, premarital sex, crimes, drugs and alcohol and it wont have kids acting out. this is my imaginative depiction of what life would be like if we wanted to live according to God's standards, and if we did what was necessary to worship Him in our daily lives by living the way he would want us to. no loveless marriages here, just loving couples working their issues out while being loving and respectful of each other. couples will listen to one another respectfully and they will have excellent communication skills while raising families to live the Christian lifestyle. kids for the sake of the show will be compliant, showing the example of respecting your parents to viewers.
i really want something for Christians to watch and be able to apply to their lives.
i will use assertiveness in the show instead of passive aggressive and aggressive communication styles. this opens the line for good dialogue between loved ones.
it will really be something you want for yourself and others after watching. i just think it would be amazing if everyone in the world changed to allow us all follow God without tempting others to sin.

ooh, and by the way, it wasn't just lorde songs(i refuse to capitalize her name). it was a lot of rap, (really dirty stuff), and britney spears, provocative songs without a good message.
i wish people would write songs that are acceptable to listen to, i (i know, im working on this-i feel so guilty for it and i am trying to change.) dislike listening to worship songs all day. i wish there were some songs that didnt disrespect my religion by having sin in them.
i really wish there were other songs to listen to. maybe ill write some too along the way of writing this show.

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2015
✟7,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sorry for so many posts, i didnt really read everything before posting.
normal clothes will be worn, like at my church. skirts and shorts of appropriate lengths.
no shirts revealing too much. the kids will actually be dressing respectfully. they worship God and understand the importance of their relationship with Him. they see sin as a failure to abide by God's rules for our lives and they avoid that. they dont wear clothing that tempts others, or pressures peers to do the same.
this show will teach you to have respect for yourself by following the will God has for our bodies, souls and minds. self respect is something necessary to follow God and do his will. because when you respect yourself, you will respect others in turn.
this should be something we should strive for, to love and respect for God by following His word and making it easy for other Christians to do the same.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Just an FYI: people learn best from realistic shows.

A "perfect bubble" isn't very realistic.

Real life is terribly imperfect, difficult, and full of things that go against everyone's personal beliefs. Learning to be a good person is learning how to live your life the best way and choose the right things in an imperfect world, not in a bubble where nothing will challenge you and what you think.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Real life is terribly imperfect, difficult, and full of things that go against everyone's personal beliefs. Learning to be a good person is learning how to live your life the best way and choose the right things in an imperfect world, not in a bubble where nothing will challenge you and what you think.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2015
✟7,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

well this show is a little different. it is what life would be like if we choose to follow God's rules. we've seen imperfect mess ups, we even have our own lives. but this is about what are we not seeing by not living those lives and what should we strive for. it's not a drama either with all kinds of twists and turns. it is about people who love and respect God and each other enough to follow His rules for our lives and making things work the right way instead of taking the easy way out by doing what we want.
it will be about making families and love work, not disgusting things like the professor father's affair with his 18 year old student. or spouses not communicating and later divorcing because of their lack of effort. it will show spouses how to love and how to respect each other by being assertive and communicating lovingly. it can be an example to how to love someone or bring a family to follow God and lead the household to follow His ways. stuff we dont see everyday and isnt like any normal show on tv that has people sinning and not caring about God.

Upvote 0