• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Deleted all my disgusting music

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by carlamwilkinson, Apr 12, 2015.

1. carlamwilkinson

carlamwilkinson Newbie

+2
    Christian
    Single
    especially the singer lorde.. i felt something tugging on my heart to do it so i did.
    i want to make Christian tv shows and movies in the future that promote a Christian lifestyle.
    Sometimes I think about doing this, especially to be virgins until marriage including kissing, ect.
    I was thinking a couple years ago, if only I had waited until the pastor said you may now kiss the bride to have my first kiss it would be so sweet, and i want to make a movie/tv show that had this kind of stuff in it. It's so hard to come up with material. Let me know if you're interested in working together with me on this. Thanks

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. stellalunaCW

stellalunaCW Guest

+0
    If Lorde was the worst music you had in your collection, it couldn't have been too bad.

That said, do you have experience in TV or movie production? If not, you'll have to find a way to get that experience in a decidedly un-Christian industry--if you want to learn real skill.

3. Paradoxum

Paradoxum Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!

+620
    Humanist
    Private
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    No kissing till marriage?

Did you hear when it snowed in a majority Muslim country, there were some Muslim leaders saying that playing with snow is a sin.

To me those seem kinda the same, though 'no kissing' is worse. Sucking the colour out of life for no reason.

I see how kissing at the wedding might seem sweet, but I think sexuality and close affection are part of a romantic relationship, rather than something tagged on at the end. :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  4. BL2KTN

BL2KTN Scholar, Author, Educator

+70
    Deist
    Engaged
    US-Libertarian
    I like to commit myself to a single company of a product line I know nothing about. So like I wait to purchase screwdrivers until I'm ready to use them, but I commit myself to only buying one brand for all my life without any knowledge of them whatsoever. It works out horrifically, but it's just screwdrivers, right?

5. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+8,802
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Good, Lorde is disgusting.

6. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    :thumbsup:

7. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,717
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    No kissing until marriage?

I'm sorry, but no one's self-control is that poor and anything that happens certainly wouldn't be an accident; It'd be a conscious decision and declaration to yourself, your partner and God that you value sin higher than your entire purported belief system whether it's 'in the moment' or not.

Yes, temptation should be avoided, but if you need to avoid it to that extent, you really need help in self-control.

If I was to make films targeting Christian viewers, I'd be promoting a message of accountability, self-control and honesty amongst other things.

8. Chany

Chany Uncertain Absurdist

+215
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Others
    And, to my knowledge, irrelevant.

9. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    [​IMG]

10. Eudaimonist

Eudaimonist I believe in life before death!

+2,598
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    Not kissing before marriage could be a huge mistake, that is, if you care about the children that might result.

The Chemistry of Kissing

Kissing helps to determine genetic compatibility so that children have strong immune systems.

eudaimonia,

Mark

11. Chany

Chany Uncertain Absurdist

+215
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Others
    I never got why they made such a big deal out of her. It's funny, don't get me wrong. It's just she had two songs that got radio play.

12. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Until South Park, I had no idea who she was. And aside from said South Park episodes, I still don't.

13. TillICollapse

TillICollapse Well-Known Member

+260
    Single
    There's something about the way Lorde sings, idk what it is, it just doesn't do it for me. I only know her popular pop stuff though.

The South Park image is scarring however :) As many South Park images can be lol.

14. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Till, if you didn't see that series of episodes, GO WATCH THEM NAO. So funny.

15. TillICollapse

+260
    Single
    Bwahaha I may watch 'em later :)

Did you see the "Let Go, Let Gov" epi btw ? lol Oh man ... genius :)

16. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Of course. I've seen them all. :D

17. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,820
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I would also avoid holding hands, which can lead to kissing.

18. TillICollapse

+260
    Single
    Even my 9 and 5 year old's will say, "Authoritah" and "Dey took our jerbs !" lol ...

Oh, and "Timmeh !" haha :)

19. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+8,802
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others

Hawt.

20. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+10,028
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    I would also avoid interaction with the opposite sex in any way prior to marrying one, just to be safe.