Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Brother, are you saying that the one body is the mother of all prostitutes, the disobedient church?
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 3, 2023 at 10:48 AM EDT! No, the people of God are obedient to all the "light" that comes to them. They would be among the ones who came out of her not having "set aside or rejected" the new "light" in the scriptures to "come away from her, my people. Do not take part in her sins, or you will be punished with her". This is what our prophetess was told about people who have "set aside or rejected" the new light that comes to them.

I saw that it is even so: “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath, and followed the people of God up to this time, but did not see that the Lord was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel: “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet.” Said the angel: “If light come, and that light is set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, Page 116)​

The obedient people of God are mainly inside all these churches still following human traditions because they have yet to put their trust in the word of God guaranteed by the prophets and instead are following so many human "teachers" in so many denominations when we only have one Teacher. Our only "teacher" is Jesus, whom the Holy Spirit reveals to us through the guaranteed word of God by the Prophets.

“Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters. And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is your Father. And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah. The greatest among you must be a servant. But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. (Matthew 23:8-12 NLT)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Okay... Does it make sense that the Holy Spirit will confirm to devout Christians the same truths that they find in the word of God?
Brother, there are competing "spirits" that will tell you what you want to hear. While enjoying their teaching, you may not enjoy that they fail the test to not "contradict" the scriptures.

Look to God’s instructions and teachings! People who contradict his word are completely in the dark. (Isaiah 8:20 NLT)​

Whether you enjoy it or not is not the test of truth! In fact, we know that God's ways are contrary to our ways, so we are not going to enjoy the truth from God. Did "David" enjoy God's truth that he was worthy of death for his sin with Bathsheba or did he enjoy his sin with Bathsheba more before God told him the truth?

Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God. But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here. But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. Those people belong to this world, so they speak from the world’s viewpoint, and the world listens to them. But we belong to God, and those who know God listen to us. If they do not belong to God, they do not listen to us. That is how we know if someone has the Spirit of truth or the spirit of deception. (1 John 4:1-6 NLT)​

The only way to be sure that you have understood the truth in the scriptures is if there is no opposition from the rest of the scriptures to what you think you have understood. That means you must be aware of everything in the scriptures and cannot be sure of just one part without considering all of the scriptures. This is what our prophetess said about the study of the scriptures in the following passage: the scriptures, "as a whole", is a perfect chain where one part links into and explains another.

I saw that God had especially guarded the Bible, yet when copies of it were few, learned men had in some instances changed the words, thinking that they were making it more plain, when in reality they were mystifying that which was plain, by causing it to lean to their established views, which were governed by tradition. But I saw that the Word of God, as a whole, is a perfect chain, one portion linking into and explaining another. True seekers for truth need not err; for not only is the Word of God plain and simple in declaring the way of life, but the Holy Spirit is given as a guide in understanding the way to life therein revealed. (Early Writings, pages 220-221)​

For example, Abraham's gift of initial forgiveness before doing the work of circumcision is explained by the link to "David" receiving this gift again after his sin with Bathsheba. You will not fully understand the truth by only looking at Abraham when the passage also points to David receiving this blessing again when he did not have to work for his forgiveness, because his having "believed" was credited as work completing his new "faith" without having done any regular works of "righteousness" at the temple.

When people work, their wages are not a gift, but something they have earned. But people are credited righteousness (work), not because of their work, but because of their faith/belief (pistis) in God who forgives sinners. David also spoke of this when he described the happiness of those who are credited righteousness (work) without working for it: “Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sins are put out of sight. Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of sin.” Now, is this blessing only for the Jews, or is it also for uncircumcised Gentiles? Well, we have been saying that Abraham was credited righteousness (work) by God because of his faith/belief (pistis). But how did this happen? Was he credited righteousness (work) only after he was circumcised, or was it before he was circumcised? Clearly, God accepted Abraham before he was circumcised! (Romans 4:4-10 NLT fixed)​

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 3, 2023 at 10:48 AM EDT! No, the people of God are obedient to all the "light" that comes to them. They would be among the ones who came out of her not having "set aside or rejected" the new "light" in the scriptures to "come away from her, my people. Do not take part in her sins, or you will be punished with her". This is what our prophetess was told about people who have "set aside or rejected" the new light that comes to them.

I saw that it is even so: “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath, and followed the people of God up to this time, but did not see that the Lord was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel: “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet.” Said the angel: “If light come, and that light is set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, Page 116)​
The obedient people of God are mainly inside all these churches still following human traditions because they have yet to put their trust in the word of God guaranteed by the prophets and instead are following so many human "teachers" in so many denominations when we only have one Teacher.
Well... If they're still following human traditions, then they're not really obedient, are they?

Peace be with you, my brother! Good to hear from you again.
Our only "teacher" is Jesus, whom the Holy Spirit reveals to us through the guaranteed word of God by the Prophets.

“Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters. And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is your Father. And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah. The greatest among you must be a servant. But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. (Matthew 23:8-12 NLT)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, there are competing "spirits" that will tell you what you want to hear.
That's right, but I was talking about the Holy Spirit.

While enjoying their teaching, you may not enjoy that they fail the test to not "contradict" the scriptures.

Look to God’s instructions and teachings! People who contradict his word are completely in the dark. (Isaiah 8:20 NLT)​

Whether you enjoy it or not is not the test of truth! In fact, we know that God's ways are contrary to our ways, so we are not going to enjoy the truth from God. Did "David" enjoy God's truth that he was worthy of death for his sin with Bathsheba or did he enjoy his sin with Bathsheba more before God told him the truth?

Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God. But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here. But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. Those people belong to this world, so they speak from the world’s viewpoint, and the world listens to them. But we belong to God, and those who know God listen to us. If they do not belong to God, they do not listen to us. That is how we know if someone has the Spirit of truth or the spirit of deception. (1 John 4:1-6 NLT)​

The only way to be sure that you have understood the truth in the scriptures is if there is no opposition from the rest of the scriptures to what you think you have understood.
That means you must be aware of everything in the scriptures and cannot be sure of just one part without considering all of the scriptures.
Great, and I think that's the issue with people who want to follow only part of the law of Moses.

Would you be willing to post all of the instructions from the law of Moses that you you believe we are to keep today? If it's too many to do all at once, you could just do some at a time :)

Peace be with you, my brother!

This is what our prophetess said about the study of the scriptures in the following passage: the scriptures, "as a whole", is a perfect chain where one part links into and explains another.

I saw that God had especially guarded the Bible, yet when copies of it were few, learned men had in some instances changed the words, thinking that they were making it more plain, when in reality they were mystifying that which was plain, by causing it to lean to their established views, which were governed by tradition. But I saw that the Word of God, as a whole, is a perfect chain, one portion linking into and explaining another. True seekers for truth need not err; for not only is the Word of God plain and simple in declaring the way of life, but the Holy Spirit is given as a guide in understanding the way to life therein revealed. (Early Writings, pages 220-221)​

For example, Abraham's gift of initial forgiveness before doing the work of circumcision is explained by the link to "David" receiving this gift again after his sin with Bathsheba. You will not fully understand the truth by only looking at Abraham when the passage also points to David receiving this blessing again when he did not have to work for his forgiveness, because his having "believed" was credited as work completing his new "faith" without having done any regular works of "righteousness" at the temple.

When people work, their wages are not a gift, but something they have earned. But people are credited righteousness (work), not because of their work, but because of their faith/belief (pistis) in God who forgives sinners. David also spoke of this when he described the happiness of those who are credited righteousness (work) without working for it: “Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sins are put out of sight. Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of sin.” Now, is this blessing only for the Jews, or is it also for uncircumcised Gentiles? Well, we have been saying that Abraham was credited righteousness (work) by God because of his faith/belief (pistis). But how did this happen? Was he credited righteousness (work) only after he was circumcised, or was it before he was circumcised? Clearly, God accepted Abraham before he was circumcised! (Romans 4:4-10 NLT fixed)​

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Great, and I think that's the issue with people who want to follow only part of the law of Moses.

Would you be willing to post all of the instructions from the law of Moses that you you believe we are to keep today? If it's too many to do all at once, you could just do some at a time :)

Peace be with you, my brother!
Why don't you come over to the ga'al thread and tell me how much the plan of salvation changed between the OT and NT?

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Well... If they're still following human traditions, then they're not really obedient, are they? Peace be with you, my brother! Good to hear from you again.
Brother, according to our prophetess, they are obedient to the light they have received and are not guilty of disobedience until they receive new light and that light is "set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject." For example, those that follow Judaism are still obedient to the light they have received because many did not believe in the resurrection for Jesus to be able to fulfill in the future all that the prophets said of the Messiah that Jesus did not fulfill before His death. They are waiting for a Messiah other than Jesus to come in the future, because for them Jesus is disqualified for having died before completing all that the prophets said of Him. Mainly, Jesus did not fulfill to be the rock that strikes the statue of Nebuchadnezzar and destroys all earlier empires, like their expectation that the Messiah would have destroyed the Roman Empire that entered the church's leadership and that Jesus will destroy this enemy of God's people upon His return. This means God has not abandoned those that follow Judaism, because to Him they are still faithful to the light they have received.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Brother, the only way to know that you are following the Holy Spirit is to search for the truth in the guaranteed word of God through the prophets. Here is an example of people who follow the Holy Spirit by searching the scriptures for the truth given by the Holy Spirit guaranteed by the prophets.

That very night the believers sent Paul and Silas to Berea. When they arrived there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth. As a result, many Jews believed, as did many of the prominent Greek women and men. (Acts 17:10-12 NLT)​
Great, and I think that's the issue with people who want to follow only part of the law of Moses. Would you be willing to post all of the instructions from the law of Moses that you you believe we are to keep today? If it's too many to do all at once, you could just do some at a time :) Peace be with you, my brother!
Today we are to keep a total of Eleven Commandments! Human beings have said Jesus replaced His Ten Commandments with an Eleventh Commandment when Jesus asks us to obey "all" His Eleven Commandments in the following passage where, having answered with the previous Ten Commandments, Jesus adds "one more thing you haven't done", bringing the total after Him of Eleven Commandments. The following passage tells us that Jesus has given us an Eleventh Commandment with the phrase "one thing you haven't done", after answering the question with: you know "the commandments"! Jesus' answer makes the "one thing you haven't done" an additional Eleventh Commandment. Consistent with us knowing the additional Eleventh Commandment in the new covenant of following Jesus' example. Paul says, Jesus is our model "Spirit" to follow. We are not to follow Judaism's human system of "law" that sabotaged the Ten Commandments to not remove sin in the resulting sons of Hagar, instead of God's will that we be sons of Sarah obeying His previous Ten Commandments as well as the new Eleventh Commandment.

Once a religious leader asked Jesus this question: “Good Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?” “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked him. “Only God is truly good. But to answer your question, you know the commandments (entolé): ‘You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. Honor your father and mother.’” The man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.” When Jesus heard his answer, he said, “There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Luke 18:18-22 NLT)​

The new Eleventh Commandment above is found in the following passage, where to do "just as I have" is to "follow" His example by keeping a total of Eleven Commandments when Jesus adds one more to the previous Ten Commandments, saying above: "there is still one thing you haven't done".

As soon as Judas left the room, Jesus said, “The time has come for the Son of Man to enter into his glory, and God will be glorified because of him. And since God receives glory because of the Son, he will give his own glory to the Son, and he will do so at once. Dear children, I will be with you only a little longer. And as I told the Jewish leaders, you will search for me, but you can’t come where I am going. So now I am giving you a new commandment (entolé): Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” (John 13:31-35 NLT)​

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, according to our prophetess, they are obedient to the light they have received...
Brother, aren't those in the Church part of the New Covenant? Doesn't God write his laws in our hearts and minds? Does God write only some of his laws and some people's hearts, in your view?

If God teaches different people different laws, is there still the one faith residing in the one body?

...and are not guilty of disobedience until they receive new light and that light is "set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject." For example, those that follow Judaism are still obedient to the light they have received because many did not believe in the resurrection for Jesus to be able to fulfill in the future all that the prophets said of the Messiah that Jesus did not fulfill before His death. They are waiting for a Messiah other than Jesus to come in the future, because for them Jesus is disqualified for having died before completing all that the prophets said of Him. Mainly, Jesus did not fulfill to be the rock that strikes the statue of Nebuchadnezzar and destroys all earlier empires, like their expectation that the Messiah would have destroyed the Roman Empire that entered the church's leadership and that Jesus will destroy this enemy of God's people upon His return. This means God has not abandoned those that follow Judaism, because to Him they are still faithful to the light they have received.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, the only way to know that you are following the Holy Spirit is to search for the truth in the guaranteed word of God through the prophets.
Okay... And then
Okay... Does it make sense that the Holy Spirit will confirm to devout Christians the same truths that they find in the word of God?

Here is an example of people who follow the Holy Spirit by searching the scriptures for the truth given by the Holy Spirit guaranteed by the prophets.

That very night the believers sent Paul and Silas to Berea. When they arrived there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth. As a result, many Jews believed, as did many of the prominent Greek women and men. (Acts 17:10-12 NLT)​
Today we are to keep a total of Eleven Commandments!
Okay... What are those 11 Commandments?

Human beings have said Jesus replaced His Ten Commandments with an Eleventh Commandment when Jesus asks us to obey "all" His Eleven Commandments in the following passage where, having answered with the previous Ten Commandments, Jesus adds "one more thing you haven't done", bringing the total after Him of Eleven Commandments. The following passage tells us that Jesus has given us an Eleventh Commandment with the phrase "one thing you haven't done", after answering the question with: you know "the commandments"! Jesus' answer makes the "one thing you haven't done" an additional Eleventh Commandment. Consistent with us knowing the additional Eleventh Commandment in the new covenant of following Jesus' example. Paul says, Jesus is our model "Spirit" to follow. We are not to follow Judaism's human system of "law" that sabotaged the Ten Commandments to not remove sin in the resulting sons of Hagar, instead of God's will that we be sons of Sarah obeying His previous Ten Commandments as well as the new Eleventh Commandment.

Once a religious leader asked Jesus this question: “Good Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?” “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked him. “Only God is truly good. But to answer your question, you know the commandments (entolé): ‘You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. Honor your father and mother.’” The man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.” When Jesus heard his answer, he said, “There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Luke 18:18-22 NLT)​

The new Eleventh Commandment above is found in the following passage, where to do "just as I have" is to "follow" His example by keeping a total of Eleven Commandments when Jesus adds one more to the previous Ten Commandments, saying above: "there is still one thing you haven't done".

As soon as Judas left the room, Jesus said, “The time has come for the Son of Man to enter into his glory, and God will be glorified because of him. And since God receives glory because of the Son, he will give his own glory to the Son, and he will do so at once. Dear children, I will be with you only a little longer. And as I told the Jewish leaders, you will search for me, but you can’t come where I am going. So now I am giving you a new commandment (entolé): Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” (John 13:31-35 NLT)​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, according to our prophetess, they are obedient to the light they have received and are not guilty of disobedience until they receive new light and that light is "set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject." For example, those that follow Judaism are still obedient to the light they have received because many did not believe in the resurrection for Jesus to be able to fulfill in the future all that the prophets said of the Messiah that Jesus did not fulfill before His death. They are waiting for a Messiah other than Jesus to come in the future, because for them Jesus is disqualified for having died before completing all that the prophets said of Him. Mainly, Jesus did not fulfill to be the rock that strikes the statue of Nebuchadnezzar and destroys all earlier empires, like their expectation that the Messiah would have destroyed the Roman Empire that entered the church's leadership and that Jesus will destroy this enemy of God's people upon His return. This means God has not abandoned those that follow Judaism, because to Him they are still faithful to the light they have received.

The scripture teaches different from what you say your prophet teaches.

Evening time commences when the sun reaches its zenith in the sky overhead and begins its downward trek into the west. This is the time when the women go forth to draw water. The time when the women go forth to draw water is expounded in the Gospel of John.

Genesis 24:11 KJV
11 And he made his camels to kneel down without the city by a well of water at the time of the evening, even the time that women go out to draw water.

John 4:6-7 KJV
6 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

Your prophet says "even" is at six o'clock, which is no doubt by the statement intended to mean 6:00PM in the evening, as the text you quoted says, "I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six."

That time for evening is incorrect, just as the opening creation account plainly states, there is an evening, and there is a morning, one yom, (Yom Echad). Thus the evening portion of the day is six hours, and the morning portion of the day is six hours, and the full civil calendar day is twelve hours. The evening time therefore commences at about the sixth hour, which is midday, (the tzohorim hour), just as the John passage above states, when the women go forth to draw water, just as Genesis 24:11 also states.

Your prophet is off by a full six hours.

• Informative
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The scripture teaches different from what you say your prophet teaches. Evening time commences when the sun reaches its zenith in the sky overhead and begins its downward trek into the west. This is the time when the women go forth to draw water. The time when the women go forth to draw water is expounded in the Gospel of John.
Brother, "evening" (ereb) is when the Sabbath begins in Jerusalem at "sundown".

This will be a Sabbath day of complete rest for you, and on that day you must deny yourselves. This day of rest will begin at sundown (ereb) on the ninth day of the month and extend until sundown (ereb) on the tenth day.” (Leviticus 23:32 NLT)​
Genesis 24:11 KJV
11 And he made his camels to kneel down without the city by a well of water at the time of the evening, even the time that women go out to draw water.
"Evening" (ereb) is the time when more than one woman goes out to draw water at sundown and in the below scripture in John only one woman goes to the well on the "sixth hour". What we know from the passage below in John is that "evening" (ereb) is not the "sixth hour" or there would be more women at the well and not just one on the "sixth hour". In conclusion, the "sixth hour" is not "evening" (ereb). "Evening" (ereb) is sundown when the Sabbath begins in Jerusalem.

This will be a Sabbath day of complete rest for you, and on that day you must deny yourselves. This day of rest will begin at sundown (ereb) on the ninth day of the month and extend until sundown (ereb) on the tenth day.” (Leviticus 23:32 NLT)​
John 4:6-7 KJV
6 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
One woman about the "sixth hour" does not make this the time when all women go out to draw water. What we know from the passage above is that the "sixth hour" is not when women regularly go to draw water at the well or there would be more women than one at the well at the "sixth hour". "Evening" (ereb) is sundown when the Sabbath begins in Jerusalem.

Your prophet says "even" is at six o'clock, which is no doubt by the statement intended to mean 6:00PM in the evening, as the text you quoted says, "I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six."
What our prophetess said is that evening (ereb) is not six as some had inferred when the church changed from a 6pm to 6pm Sabbath to a sundown to sundown Sabbath after 8 years of assuming "evening" (ereb) meant six instead of sundown. What they did not know at the time was that they would have to change the time to commence the Sabbath again after they study, as mentioned in the passage by the angel, "when it is" that "evening" (ereb) falls on the first day. "Evening" (ereb) falls in the middle of the first day and not at the beginning as assumed, because darkness is not an "evening" (ereb) before first light. An evening (ereb) requires light first before the transition from light to darkness can take place. God established the days from morning to morning, in the special case of the first day, from first light to light again in the morning and subsequent days from morning to morning.

Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” And evening (ereb) passed and MORNING came, marking the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NLT)​
That time for evening is incorrect, just as the opening creation account plainly states, there is an evening, and there is a morning, one yom, (Yom Echad). Thus the evening portion of the day is six hours, and the morning portion of the day is six hours, and the full civil calendar day is twelve hours. The evening time therefore commences at about the sixth hour, which is midday, (the tzohorim hour), just as the John passage above states, when the women go forth to draw water, just as Genesis 24:11 also states. Your prophet is off by a full six hours.
God's days of creation are from morning to morning, which is 24 hours and not 12 hours as you say. You are correct that from evening (ereb) to morning is only the 12 hours of the night, but those 12 hours ended God's first day, which began with light, with an additional 12 hours of light completing a 24 hour first day. God established the days from morning to morning, in the special case of the first day, from first light to light again in the morning and subsequent days from morning to morning.

Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” And evening (ereb) passed and MORNING came, marking the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NLT)​

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, "evening" (ereb) is when the Sabbath begins in Jerusalem at "sundown".

That doesn't say sundown: it says in the ninth of the month at evening, from evening until evening.

"Evening" (ereb) is the time when more than one woman goes out to draw water at sundown and in the below scripture in John only one woman goes to the well on the "sixth hour". What we know from the passage below in John is that "evening" (ereb) is not the "sixth hour" or there would be more women at the well and not just one on the "sixth hour". In conclusion, the "sixth hour" is not "evening" (ereb). "Evening" (ereb) is sundown when the Sabbath begins in Jerusalem.

That's mere opinion. Evening time is the time the women go forth to draw water: just because only one woman is mentioned in the John passage that makes it different? That's just an excuse.

One woman about the "sixth hour" does not make this the time when all women go out to draw water. What we know from the passage above is that the "sixth hour" is not when women regularly go to draw water at the well or there would be more women than one at the well at the "sixth hour". "Evening" (ereb) is sundown when the Sabbath begins in Jerusalem.

No, evening time begins at midday.

What our prophetess said is that evening (ereb) is not six as some had inferred when the church changed from a 6pm to 6pm Sabbath to a sundown to sundown Sabbath after 8 years of assuming "evening" (ereb) meant six instead of sundown. What they did not know at the time was that they would have to change the time to commence the Sabbath again after they study, as mentioned in the passage by the angel, "when it is" that "evening" (ereb) falls on the first day. "Evening" (ereb) falls in the middle of the first day and not at the beginning as assumed, because darkness is not an "evening" (ereb) before first light. An evening (ereb) requires light first before the transition from light to darkness can take place. God established the days from morning to morning, in the special case of the first day, from first light to light again in the morning and subsequent days from morning to morning.

That isn't what the text says either. Evening comes first and there is an evening, and there is a morning, Yom Echad, or as the KJV puts it, "And the evening and the morning were the first day", but more correctly as the YLT puts it, "and there is an evening, and there is a morning--day one."

God's days of creation are from morning to morning, which is 24 hours and not 12 hours as you say.

Not so. A full civil calendar day is twelve hours, as the Master says, "Are there not twelve hours of the day?" (John 11:9). And the night is likewise twelve hours which are usually divided into four watches.

You are correct that from evening (ereb) to morning is only the 12 hours of the night,

That is not what I said.

but those 12 hours ended God's first day, which began with light, with an additional 12 hours of light completing a 24 hour first day. God established the days from morning to morning, in the special case of the first day, from first light to light again in the morning and subsequent days from morning to morning.

So Elohim says there is an evening and a morning, one day, (with no mention of the night), and you say it is not so, but instead, according to you, it is from morning to morning? Did you learn this from your prophet too?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
No, evening time begins at midday.
Brother, the following passage tells us that "evening" is the precise moment at which the Sabbath begins and ends, which is not an interval of time as you say, but the precise moment at which the light of day pierces the darkness of night.

That precise moment, which is not an interval of time as you say when the Sabbath begins and ends in Jerusalem, is when "the sun goes down" as written in the following passage.

You must offer it only at the designated place of worship—the place the LORD your God chooses for his name to be honored. Sacrifice it there in the evening (ereb) as the sun goes down on the anniversary of your exodus from Egypt. (Deuteronomy 16:6 NLT)​

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, the following passage tells us that "evening" is the precise moment at which the Sabbath begins and ends, which is not an interval of time as you say, but the precise moment at which the light of day pierces the darkness of night.

No, that does not say sundown, ereb is not sundown, it is evening, and the evening portion of the day is six hours.

That precise moment, which is not an interval of time as you say when the Sabbath begins and ends in Jerusalem, is when "the sun goes down" as written in the following passage.

You must offer it only at the designated place of worship—the place the LORD your God chooses for his name to be honored. Sacrifice it there in the evening (ereb) as the sun goes down on the anniversary of your exodus from Egypt. (Deuteronomy 16:6 NLT)​

That passage is also not specific enough because it simply says בָּעָרֶב כְּבֹוא הַשֶּׁמֶשׁ, that is, "in the evening, according to the going (down) of the sun". To be more specific one must look to the passage where this is first commanded in Mitzraim, (Egypt), which is found in Exodus 12. That passage commands that the Pesakh be sacrificed between the evenings. This statement is found in Exodus 12:6 and is also used for the evening oblation.

What does between the evenings mean? It is between the evening hours of the evening portion of the day, which is six hours, and is why some translate the phrase as afternoon. I am curious what your prophet says about this phrase, (between the evenings), for surely this phrase was not missed by such a one, so I would appreciate it if you would let me know, if you know, or if you can find out when you have the time to look into it.

These things are based on a sundial reckoning of the day: when the sun rises in the morning, in the east, the shadows on the ground point long and toward the west because the sun is in the east. As the sun rises the shadows on the ground turn clockwise toward the north in the northern hemisphere. When the sun comes to be directly overhead the shadows point essentially due north, (geographic north), if you know the basic direction of due north from your location. When a person would see this they would know that the sun was directly overhead without the need of a clock or a sundial, (though the shadows on the ground still work like a sundial).

As soon as the shadows began to noticeably point toward the east the observer would know that the sun had passed over its zenith in the sky overhead, and had begun its downward trek into the west, for the shadows are beginning to point toward the east. As the day wears on the shadows stretch out and lengthen, pointing more and more toward the east, until the sun sets in the west. The "going down of the sun" commences as soon as the sun has crossed over its zenith or highest point in the sky overhead.

This is the meaning of "the going down of the sun" and it is not specific enough to determine the timing of the evening oblation because the going down of the sun is a time period of six hours. This is true on a sundial no matter how long the day actually might be in modern hours on a modern clock: for the hours of the day simply lengthen when the full day is longer, and shorten when the full day is shorter, so that no matter the actual length of the day it is twelve hours, both on the sundial, according to ancient reckoning, and according to the scripture.

The timings of the twice daily continual oblations, the three hours of the prayer times, (third, sixth, and ninth hours), and the hours of critical importance in the crucifixion narratives, (third, sixth, and ninth hours), essentially disprove your reasoning and readings of the scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The timings of the twice daily continual oblations, the three hours of the prayer times, (third, sixth, and ninth hours), and the hours of critical importance in the crucifixion narratives, (third, sixth, and ninth hours), essentially disprove your reasoning and readings of the scripture.
Brother, so far, I have not found anything from our prophetess that would help with the "dual" use, instead of the "singular" form, of "evening" for the second daily sacrifice. My understanding of the days of the week being from morning to morning fixes a long standing problem in the following passage and does not cause any problems other than challenge a human tradition of the days of the week being from evening to evening shown to be inconsistent with God's truth in the following passage guaranteed by the prophets. Passover is eaten at night and killed during the day, making it not possible to eat Passover on the same day it is killed as God wants it done in the following passage, because of Judaism's wrong human tradition of shifting the week back half a day because of a wrong view of the Sabbath in Jerusalem as falling on the seventh day of the week when it falls half a day before the seventh day of the week in Jerusalem.

The meat of the peace offering of thanksgiving must be eaten on the same day it is offered. None of it may be saved for the next morning. (Leviticus 7:15 NLT)​

Judaism has not fully understood the Sabbath since Joshua as written in the Hebrews' passage following, where they did not enter the Sabbath by keeping the seventh day of the week near Jerusalem with Manna because they were late in entering the Sabbath by half a day as punishment by "oath" for 40 years. Joshua forgot that the days of the week are from morning to morning as it was with Manna in the desert for 40 years, where God tells us they were punished by God, making them keep the seventh day near Jerusalem to prevent them from entering His day of rest, which is earlier than the seventh day near Jerusalem. Joshua later entered God's day of rest half a day earlier in the Promised Land than the seventh day they kept for 40 years with Manna, not allowing them to enter the Sabbath, being late by half a day. Joshua, not realizing that this earlier Sabbath in Jerusalem was not the seventh day of the week, shifted the week back half a day because of the Sabbath falling in Jerusalem half a day before the seventh day of the week.

God’s promise of entering his rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it. For this good news—that God has prepared this rest—has been announced to us just as it was to them. But it did them no good because they didn’t share the faith of those who listened to God. For only we who believe can enter his rest. As for the others, God said, “In my anger I took an oath: ‘They will never enter my place of rest,’” even though this rest has been ready since he made the world. We know it is ready because of the place in the Scriptures where it mentions the seventh day: “On the seventh day God rested from all his work.” But in the other passage God said, “They will never enter my place of rest.” So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God. So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts.” Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall. (Hebrews 4:1-11 NLT)​

Having corrected the days of the week being from morning to morning, they can eat the meat the same day that they kill it, as God wants it done in the above Leviticus passage, because the day comes before the night and not the other way around, as it is with their wrong human tradition of the days of the week in the Promised Land because they think that the earlier time of the Sabbath in Jerusalem is the seventh day of the week since Joshua. The following passage is from a rabbi trying to understand it.

A Long Day
Also note that, in a certain sense, the celebration of the 15th is considered to be an extension of the 14th. How so? With regard to sacrifices, the verse states, “And the flesh of his thanksgiving peace offering shall be eaten on the day it is offered up; he shall not leave any of it over until morning.” In other words, if you were given one day to eat an offering, the day consisted of the daytime followed by its night (unlike all other purposes, for which Jewish calendar days consist of the night followed by the day). Thus, as far as sacrifices are concerned, the night after a sacrifice is brought is an extension of the day it is brought.​
Therefore, when it comes to the celebration of the Passover sacrifice, while it was eaten on the 15th, it was considered to be the same day as the 14th. (Rabbi Yehuda Shurpin)​

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, so far, I have not found anything from our prophetess that would help with the "dual" use, instead of the "singular" form, of "evening" for the second daily sacrifice. My understanding of the days of the week being from morning to morning fixes a long standing problem in the following passage and does not cause any problems other than challenge a human tradition of the days of the week being from evening to evening shown to be inconsistent with God's truth in the following passage guaranteed by the prophets. Passover is eaten at night and killed during the day, making it not possible to eat Passover on the same day it is killed as God wants it done in the following passage, because of Judaism's wrong human tradition of shifting the week back half a day because of a wrong view of the Sabbath in Jerusalem as falling on the seventh day of the week when it falls half a day before the seventh day of the week in Jerusalem.

The meat of the peace offering of thanksgiving must be eaten on the same day it is offered. None of it may be saved for the next morning. (Leviticus 7:15 NLT)​

Judaism has not fully understood the Sabbath since Joshua as written in the Hebrews' passage following, where they did not enter the Sabbath by keeping the seventh day of the week near Jerusalem with Manna because they were late in entering the Sabbath by half a day as punishment by "oath" for 40 years. Joshua forgot that the days of the week are from morning to morning as it was with Manna in the desert for 40 years, where God tells us they were punished by God, making them keep the seventh day near Jerusalem to prevent them from entering His day of rest, which is earlier than the seventh day near Jerusalem. Joshua later entered God's day of rest half a day earlier in the Promised Land than the seventh day they kept for 40 years with Manna, not allowing them to enter the Sabbath, being late by half a day. Joshua, not realizing that this earlier Sabbath in Jerusalem was not the seventh day of the week, shifted the week back half a day because of the Sabbath falling in Jerusalem half a day before the seventh day of the week.

God’s promise of entering his rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it. For this good news—that God has prepared this rest—has been announced to us just as it was to them. But it did them no good because they didn’t share the faith of those who listened to God. For only we who believe can enter his rest. As for the others, God said, “In my anger I took an oath: ‘They will never enter my place of rest,’” even though this rest has been ready since he made the world. We know it is ready because of the place in the Scriptures where it mentions the seventh day: “On the seventh day God rested from all his work.” But in the other passage God said, “They will never enter my place of rest.” So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God. So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts.” Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall. (Hebrews 4:1-11 NLT)​

Having corrected the days of the week being from morning to morning, they can eat the meat the same day that they kill it, as God wants it done in the above Leviticus passage, because the day comes before the night and not the other way around, as it is with their wrong human tradition of the days of the week in the Promised Land because they think that the earlier time of the Sabbath in Jerusalem is the seventh day of the week since Joshua. The following passage is from a rabbi trying to understand it.

A Long Day
Also note that, in a certain sense, the celebration of the 15th is considered to be an extension of the 14th. How so? With regard to sacrifices, the verse states, “And the flesh of his thanksgiving peace offering shall be eaten on the day it is offered up; he shall not leave any of it over until morning.” In other words, if you were given one day to eat an offering, the day consisted of the daytime followed by its night (unlike all other purposes, for which Jewish calendar days consist of the night followed by the day). Thus, as far as sacrifices are concerned, the night after a sacrifice is brought is an extension of the day it is brought.​
Therefore, when it comes to the celebration of the Passover sacrifice, while it was eaten on the 15th, it was considered to be the same day as the 14th. (Rabbi Yehuda Shurpin)​

Maybe you had a problem with Lev 7:15, and maybe the Rabbi you quoted was trying to figure it out as you say, (or maybe not), but I have no problem with that passage in my understanding of the calendar and calendar days: and I do not need to change an evening and a morning into from morning to morning. I don't think you fully understand what has been said here. Evening comes first, and it is six hours, then comes morning, and it also is six hours: the order is right there in the opening creation account, whether a yom is counted as an hour of the sacred calendar day, (seven hours with the Shabbat hour), or whether a yom is counted a full civil calendar yom-day of twelve yom-hours, (Numbers 7).

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Brother, aren't those in the Church part of the New Covenant?
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 10, 2023 at 9:43 AM EST! Yes!
Doesn't God write his laws in our hearts and minds?
Yes, but God does not say that to mean we no longer need the guaranteed word of God by the prophets. It means that we are emotionally invested more after Jesus than before Jesus in following Jesus as our example Spirit to follow as we read the guaranteed word of God by the prophets. It does not change how truth is obtained, it is still through the guaranteed word of God through the prophets. The difference is that now we are not following instructions written for us to do them, but we are following Jesus' example of how to live, which is written for us to follow. We still get the truth the same way, but it is no longer God telling us what to do but God showing us what to do through Jesus' exemplary life to follow.
Does God write only some of his laws and some people's hearts, in your view?
God has given us everything we need to know in His guaranteed word of God through the prophets. People want Him to tell them personally what to do when He has already told us what to do in the scriptures and that is where we need to turn to for the truth. Here is an example of people who follow the Holy Spirit by searching the scriptures for the truth given by the Holy Spirit in a guaranteed way by the prophets.

If God teaches different people different laws, is there still the one faith residing in the one body?
The one faith is found in the guaranteed word of God by the prophets. If you want to follow the Holy Spirit, the following passage shows how to do it.

Okay... And then
Brother, the Holy Spirit helps you to search the scriptures by reminding you of other parts of scripture that can help you understand what you are reading, but there is a correct way to search the scriptures and an incorrect way to search the scriptures. Basically, the correct way to search the scriptures is to be familiar with everything written in it so that the Holy Spirit can remind you of other parts, because you can get the wrong idea by looking at just one part in a way that contradicts the rest of the scriptures. The only way to be sure that you have understood the truth in the scriptures is if there is no opposition from the rest of the scriptures to what you think you have understood. That means you must be aware of everything in the scriptures and cannot be sure of just one part without considering all of the scriptures. This is what our prophetess said about the study of the scriptures in the following passage: the scriptures, "as a whole", is a perfect chain where one part links into and explains another.

Okay... What are those 11 Commandments?
In summery it would be as follows:
  1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall not make idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
  5. Honor your father and your mother.
  6. You shall not murder.
  7. You shall not commit adultery.
  8. You shall not steal.
  9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
  10. You shall not covet.
  11. All works of "righteousness" God has given that Jesus obeyed as our example Spirit to follow.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
What does between the evenings mean?
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 10, 2023 at 9:43 AM EST! I have an explanation that you won't like because it is based on the Sabbath being half a day before the seventh day in Jerusalem. “Between the two evenings” refers to the time between the Sabbath evening and the local seventh day evening in Jerusalem, where between these two evenings falls at midday and, like the morning sacrifice being 3 hours into the morning the second sacrifice is done 3 hours after midday.
I don't think you fully understand what has been said here. Evening comes first, and it is six hours, then comes morning, and it also is six hours: the order is right there in the opening creation account
You're splitting the light half of the first full day into two parts and putting them in reverse order where the coming down of the sun is before the rising part of the sun with no mention in the given Genesis order of the 12 hours of "night" between your light halves. I agree that everything is in the given order in Genesis and that order is "day" before "night"! God separates a period of darkness which He calls "night" after the light, and still most people against the order provided think back to the darkness before the light, when that infinite period of darkness is not the finite period of the "night" that came after the light. God separated the first day into two named parts by the boundaries of sunrise and sunset, which He called: "day" and "night" in that order. After the light, God gives the "night" part beginning at evening (sunset) and ending in morning (sunrise) as the last 12 hours of the first day that began with the 12 hours of light from first light (like morning in the special case of the first day) to evening (sunset). Where evening (sunset) falls in the middle of the two God-named parts of the first day, between "day" and "night" in that order.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 10, 2023 at 9:43 AM EST! Yes!

Yes, but God does not say that to mean we no longer need the guaranteed word of God by the prophets.
It means that we are emotionally invested more after Jesus than before Jesus in following Jesus as our example Spirit to follow as we read the guaranteed word of God by the prophets.
It looks like that's where we see it differently :heart:

I think God puts information in our hearts and minds.

It does not change how truth is obtained, it is still through the guaranteed word of God through the prophets. The difference is that now we are not following instructions written for us to do them, but we are following Jesus' example of how to live, which is written for us to follow. We still get the truth the same way, but it is no longer God telling us what to do but God showing us what to do through Jesus' exemplary life to follow.

God has given us everything we need to know in His guaranteed word of God through the prophets. People want Him to tell them personally what to do when He has already told us what to do in the scriptures and that is where we need to turn to for the truth. Here is an example of people who follow the Holy Spirit by searching the scriptures for the truth given by the Holy Spirit in a guaranteed way by the prophets.

That very night the believers sent Paul and Silas to Berea. When they arrived there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message.​
They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth.
Great passage, but they were not yet Christians. They were searching.

As a result, many Jews believed, as did many of the prominent Greek women and men. (Acts 17:10-12 NLT)​

The one faith is found in the guaranteed word of God by the prophets. If you want to follow the Holy Spirit, the following passage shows how to do it.

Brother, the Holy Spirit helps you to search the scriptures by reminding you of other parts of scripture that can help you understand what you are reading, but there is a correct way to search the scriptures and an incorrect way to search the scriptures. Basically, the correct way to search the scriptures is to be familiar with everything written in it so that the Holy Spirit can remind you of other parts, because you can get the wrong idea by looking at just one part in a way that contradicts the rest of the scriptures. The only way to be sure that you have understood the truth in the scriptures is if there is no opposition from the rest of the scriptures to what you think you have understood. That means you must be aware of everything in the scriptures and cannot be sure of just one part without considering all of the scriptures. This is what our prophetess said about the study of the scriptures in the following passage: the scriptures, "as a whole", is a perfect chain where one part links into and explains another.

In summery it would be as follows:
  1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall not make idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
  5. Honor your father and your mother.
  6. You shall not murder.
  7. You shall not commit adultery.
  8. You shall not steal.
  9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
  10. You shall not covet.
  1. All works of "righteousness" God has given that Jesus obeyed as our example Spirit to follow.
Can you be more specific, please?

Peace be with you, my brother :heart:

Upvote 0