Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 10, 2023 at 9:43 AM EST! I have an explanation that you won't like because it is based on the Sabbath being half a day before the seventh day in Jerusalem. “Between the two evenings” refers to the time between the Sabbath evening and the local seventh day evening in Jerusalem, where between these two evenings falls at midday and, like the morning sacrifice being 3 hours into the morning the second sacrifice is done 3 hours after midday.

On this statement we agree: "like the morning sacrifice being 3 hours into the morning the second sacrifice is done 3 hours after midday." However it seems that you are not able to see that three hours after midday is therefore between the evenings because there are six hours of evening time, and thus, three hours after midday is exactly half of the evening portion of the day, precisely between the full six evening hours of a day.

You're splitting the light half of the first full day into two parts and putting them in reverse order where the coming down of the sun is before the rising part of the sun with no mention in the given Genesis order of the 12 hours of "night" between your light halves.

Evening comes first: there is an evening, and there is a morning, one yom, and therefore it is the scripture you disagree with: and not only that but it is stated concerning all six days of the opening creation account, though for the seventh day there is no evening or morning mentioned, (implying from the very beginning that there is an eternal Shabbat for those who rise).

I agree that everything is in the given order in Genesis and that order is "day" before "night"!

There are no nights mentioned between the six yamim of creation because a yom can also be an hour. It is evening before morning on all accounts therein.

God separates a period of darkness which He calls "night" after the light, and still most people against the order provided think back to the darkness before the light, when that infinite period of darkness is not the finite period of the "night" that came after the light. God separated the first day into two named parts by the boundaries of sunrise and sunset, which He called: "day" and "night" in that order. After the light, God gives the "night" part beginning at evening (sunset) and ending in morning (sunrise) as the last 12 hours of the first day that began with the 12 hours of light from first light (like morning in the special case of the first day) to evening (sunset). Where evening (sunset) falls in the middle of the two God-named parts of the first day, between "day" and "night" in that order.

Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” And evening (ereb) passed and MORNING came, marking the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NLT)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

That Light is the first morning star, who is Uriel, for Elohim says, Let there be Light, (Owr/Uwr), and there is Light, (Owr/Uwr), and this is the same spelling for the name Uwriel, ("Light of El"). This is not the light of the natural element known as the sun which is at the middle of our galaxy.

Moreover each of the yamim of creation has a morning star, Uriel, "Light of El", Raphael, "Healer of El", (the angel of the waters, John 5:4 and Rev 16:5), Reuel, "Friend of El", (or Raguel from the Greek texts, which means the same), Mikael, "Who is like El?", (the greater light who rules the day), Sariel, "Prince of El", (or Saruqael, "Vine of El"), and in the sixth day, Gabriel, "Gaber/Geber of El", (Mighty Man or Mighty One of El), and Remiel, "Thunder of El", for Elohim did no work in the seventh day but rested and sanctified it. Thus there are two morning stars ordained in the sixth day, but one is for the seventh day, just as the Most High provides a double portion of the manna in the sixth day and one is for the seventh day, (Exodus 16:29). So the seventh morning star is Remiel, whom El set over those who rise, (Sefer Henok 20), and these are the morning stars of Job 38:7, and probably also the one mentioned in Rev 2:26-29, who would surely be Remiel, for those who overcome surely rise, becoming sons of the resurrection.

You are looking at a spiritual text, (see Romans 7:14a), and reading into it the beggarly elements of the natural world: the sun and its sunlight and daylight, and the moon, and the stars, and day time and night time. The children of Abraham are likened to stars, being as the stars of the heavens for multitude, and stars can also represent angels or messengers, both the holy ones, and the fallen ones which are likened to stars having fallen from the heavens.

Trying to force the natural beggarly elements of the physical creation into the text of the opening creation account does not work: which is why threads on that topic can often go on for many pages and even months without any positive agreement between the sides that are discussing-debating the text and the facts. It is teaching, but it is not teaching you when the natural element called the sun was made: it is teaching you about the ways and the plan of Elohim.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
It looks like that's where we see it differently :heart: I think God puts information in our hearts and minds.
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 17, 2023 at 9:38 AM EST! I am not limiting what the Holy Spirit can do, I am telling you what the word of God reveals He will do! The messages from the Holy Spirit to us are guaranteed through the prophets and do not come guaranteed by anyone who is not a prophet. You shouldn't be listening to anyone who speaks against what is written by the Holy Spirit in the guaranteed word of God by the prophets even if they claim to be a prophet, completely disqualifying non-prophets from contradicting what was given to us by the Holy Spirit through prophets from the beginning.

Therefore, I will always remind you about these things—even though you already know them and are standing firm in the truth you have been taught. And it is only right that I should keep on reminding you as long as I live. For our Lord Jesus Christ has shown me that I must soon leave this earthly life, so I will work hard to make sure you always remember these things after I am gone. For we were not making up clever stories when we told you about the powerful coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We saw his majestic splendor with our own eyes when he received honor and glory from God the Father. The voice from the majestic glory of God said to him, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.” We ourselves heard that voice from heaven when we were with him on the holy mountain. Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place—until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines in your hearts. Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet’s own understanding, or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God. (2 Peter 1:12-21 NLT)​
Great passage, but they were not yet Christians. They were searching.
They do not have to be Christians to be faithful followers of God. Those that follow Judaism and did not except Jesus for scriptural reasons are faithful to God and still part of "all Israel" with those of us who have entered into "all Israel" by excepting Jesus. Those of us who follow Jesus are now part of "all Israel". We are no longer Gentiles if we "come in" to the part of "all Israel" that follows Jesus. Verified is our understanding in the following passage that Gentiles "come in" to "all Israel" and are no longer Gentiles but part of "all Israel" by the word "citizenship" in the second Ephesians passage below.

Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the FULL NUMBER of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. (Romans 11:25b-29 NIV)​

We who follow Jesus have "come in" to "all Israel" and are no longer Gentiles but part of "all Israel". Verified in this next passage through "citizenship" in Israel, we are no longer Gentiles, but part of "all Israel". Gentiles are the rest of the people who do not follow God.

remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ... Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household (Ephesians 2:12,13,19 NIV)​
Can you be more specific, please?
Basically, you ask yourself what would Jesus do? and Do that! You will learn what Jesus did by searching the scriptures given to us by the Holy Spirit who guarantees His message by the prophets.

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. I’ve promised it once, and I’ll promise it again: I will obey your righteous regulations. I have suffered much, O LORD; restore my life again as you promised. LORD, accept my offering of praise, and teach me your regulations. My life constantly hangs in the balance, but I will not stop obeying your instructions. The wicked have set their traps for me, but I will not turn from your commandments. Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart’s delight. I am determined to keep your decrees to the very end. (Psalm 119:105-112 NLT)​

Here is what we know the Holy Spirit will do! He will "remind" you of what you have read and teach us new things guaranteed through the prophets.

Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say (Jesus having given the Eleven Commandments to obey). My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me (in the Eleven Commandments to obey given by Jesus). And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me. I am telling you these things now while I am still with you. But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything (through prophets like Moses) and will remind you of everything I have told you. (the work of the Holy Spirit is to remind us of Jesus' model life of righteousness written for us to follow in the Eleventh Commandment) (John 14:23-26 NLT overlaid with commentary)​

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
it is teaching you about the ways and the plan of Elohim.
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 17, 2023 at 9:38 AM EST! The creation story teaches us what a day of the week is. God established the days of the week from morning to morning, in the special case of the first day, from first light to light again in the morning and the days following from morning to morning. The first day ends on a morning that also begins the next day, making God's rest on the seventh day from morning to morning. There are two verifications of this understanding, following the passage below.

Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” And evening passed and MORNING came, marking the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NLT)​

The week days being from morning to morning is verified in the following passage where the previous night is the day before and the next night to come is part of the current day.

The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” (Genesis 19:34 NIV)​

The week days being from morning to morning is verified in the desert for 40 years near Jerusalem, where the people disobeyed firstly not gathering Manna in the morning. They did not disobey over gathering quail in the evening because the morning of the seventh day took place before the evening of the seventh day. Quail in the evening for a whole month was not mentioned as disobeyed on the seventh day, when there was no food on the ground for the first time that seventh day.

That evening vast numbers of quail flew in and covered the camp. And the next morning the area around the camp was wet with dew. When the dew evaporated, a flaky substance as fine as frost blanketed the ground... On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much as usual—four quarts for each person instead of two. Then all the leaders of the community came and asked Moses for an explanation. He told them, “This is what the LORD commanded: Tomorrow will be a day of complete rest, a holy Sabbath day set apart for the LORD. So bake or boil as much as you want today, and set aside what is left for tomorrow.” So they put some aside until morning, just as Moses had commanded. And in the morning the leftover food was wholesome and good, without maggots or odor. Moses said, “Eat this food today, for today is a Sabbath day dedicated to the LORD. There will be no food on the ground today. (Exodus 16:13-14, 22-25 NLT)​

No mention was made of the quail that they later ate that evening because the first thing that would not be found the next day would be the Manna, because the seventh day began in the morning. The quail in the evening was not used to mark the next day, but Manna in the morning was used to mark the next day, which therefore started in the morning and not in the evening.

“And say to the people, ‘Purify yourselves, for tomorrow you will have meat to eat. You were whining, and the LORD heard you when you cried, “Oh, for some meat! We were better off in Egypt!” Now the LORD will give you meat, and you will have to eat it. And it won’t be for just a day or two, or for five or ten or even twenty. You will eat it for a whole month until you gag and are sick of it. For you have rejected the LORD, who is here among you, and you have whined to him, saying, “Why did we ever leave Egypt?”’” (Numbers 11:18-20 NLT)​

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 17, 2023 at 9:38 AM EST!
I am not limiting what the Holy Spirit can do,
Great! Then we agree that the Holy Spirit can put information in our hearts and minds.

...I am telling you what the word of God reveals He will do! The messages from the Holy Spirit to us are guaranteed through the prophets and do not come guaranteed by anyone who is not a prophet.
You shouldn't be listening to anyone who speaks against what is written by the Holy Spirit in the guaranteed word of God by the prophets even if they claim to be a prophet, completely disqualifying non-prophets from contradicting what was given to us by the Holy Spirit through prophets from the beginning.
I don't listen to them. That's why I reject most people who claim to be prophets.

Therefore, I will always remind you about these things—even though you already know them and are standing firm in the truth you have been taught. And it is only right that I should keep on reminding you as long as I live. For our Lord Jesus Christ has shown me that I must soon leave this earthly life, so I will work hard to make sure you always remember these things after I am gone. For we were not making up clever stories when we told you about the powerful coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We saw his majestic splendor with our own eyes when he received honor and glory from God the Father. The voice from the majestic glory of God said to him, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.” We ourselves heard that voice from heaven when we were with him on the holy mountain. Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place—until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines in your hearts. Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet’s own understanding, or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God. (2 Peter 1:12-21 NLT)​
They do not have to be Christians to be faithful followers of God.
That's true. But the Bereans searching the scriptures doesn't mean that the Holy Spirit can't put information directly into our hearts and minds. The Bereans weren't yet part of the New Covenant, which is where it happens that God writes his laws in our hearts and minds, isn't it?

Those that follow Judaism and did not except Jesus for scriptural reasons are faithful to God and still part of "all Israel" with those of us who have entered into "all Israel" by excepting Jesus. Those of us who follow Jesus are now part of "all Israel". We are no longer Gentiles if we "come in" to the part of "all Israel" that follows Jesus. Verified is our understanding in the following passage that Gentiles "come in" to "all Israel" and are no longer Gentiles but part of "all Israel" by the word "citizenship" in the second Ephesians passage below.

Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the FULL NUMBER of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. (Romans 11:25b-29 NIV)​

We who follow Jesus have "come in" to "all Israel" and are no longer Gentiles but part of "all Israel". Verified in this next passage through "citizenship" in Israel, we are no longer Gentiles, but part of "all Israel". Gentiles are the rest of the people who do not follow God.

remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ... Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household (Ephesians 2:12,13,19 NIV)​
Basically, you ask yourself what would Jesus do? and Do that!
I would say that doesn't always work, though. Jesus told a man to offer an animal sacrifice.

You will learn what Jesus did by searching the scriptures given to us by the Holy Spirit who guarantees His message by the prophets.

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. I’ve promised it once, and I’ll promise it again: I will obey your righteous regulations. I have suffered much, O LORD; restore my life again as you promised. LORD, accept my offering of praise, and teach me your regulations. My life constantly hangs in the balance, but I will not stop obeying your instructions. The wicked have set their traps for me, but I will not turn from your commandments. Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart’s delight. I am determined to keep your decrees to the very end. (Psalm 119:105-112 NLT)​

Here is what we know the Holy Spirit will do! He will "remind" you of what you have read and teach us new things guaranteed through the prophets.

Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say (Jesus having given the Eleven Commandments to obey). My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me (in the Eleven Commandments to obey given by Jesus). And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me. I am telling you these things now while I am still with you. But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything (through prophets like Moses) and will remind you of everything I have told you. (the work of the Holy Spirit is to remind us of Jesus' model life of righteousness written for us to follow in the Eleventh Commandment) (John 14:23-26 NLT overlaid with commentary)​

Peace be with you :heart:

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 17, 2023 at 9:38 AM EST!

Shabbat Shalom commencing at midday for the weekly Shabbat.

The creation story teaches us what a day of the week is. God established the days of the week from morning to morning, in the special case of the first day, from first light to light again in the morning and the days following from morning to morning. The first day ends on a morning that also begins the next day, making God's rest on the seventh day from morning to morning. There are two verifications of this understanding, following the passage below.

Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” And evening passed and MORNING came, marking the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NLT)​

We do not read the opening text in the same manner.
Yhoshua expounds one of the more critical meanings of bara' in the following passage:

Joshua 17:15-18 KJV
15 And Joshua answered them, If thou be a great people, then get thee up to the wood country, and cut down [H1254 bara'] for thyself there in the land of the Perizzites and of the giants, if mount Ephraim be too narrow for thee.
16 And the children of Joseph said, The hill is not enough for us: and all the Canaanites that dwell in the land of the valley have chariots of iron, both they who are of Bethshean and her towns, and they who are of the valley of Jezreel.
17 And Joshua spake unto the house of Joseph, even to Ephraim and to Manasseh, saying, Thou art a great people, and hast great power: thou shalt not have one lot only:
18 But the mountain shall be thine; for it is a wood, and thou shalt cut it down: [H1254 bara'] and the outgoings of it shall be thine: for thou shalt drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots, and though they be strong.

Thus you have the opinions of your translators and I have the scripture with the words of Yhoshua ben Nun.

Genesis 1:1-2
[01] In the beginning [chief-head] Elohim cuts down [H1254 bara'] the shamayim and the eretz, [02] and the eretz becomes wasted, and empty, and darkness upon the face of the abyss, and Ruaḥ Elohim broods over the countenance of the waters:

There is first a cutting down, (H1254 bara'), and this is in the sense of cutting down trees to build-make-create a house, as it is expounded in the Yhoshua passage quoted above, and the eretz becomes wasted and empty and darkness upon the face of the abyss, (or the deep).

The week days being from morning to morning is verified in the following passage where the previous night is the day before and the next night to come is part of the current day.

The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” (Genesis 19:34 NIV)​

I do not see that passage teaching what you say it teaches.

The week days being from morning to morning is verified in the desert for 40 years near Jerusalem, where the people disobeyed firstly not gathering Manna in the morning. They did not disobey over gathering quail in the evening because the morning of the seventh day took place before the evening of the seventh day. Quail in the evening for a whole month was not mentioned as disobeyed on the seventh day, when there was no food on the ground for the first time that seventh day.

That evening vast numbers of quail flew in and covered the camp. And the next morning the area around the camp was wet with dew. When the dew evaporated, a flaky substance as fine as frost blanketed the ground... On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much as usual—four quarts for each person instead of two. Then all the leaders of the community came and asked Moses for an explanation. He told them, “This is what the LORD commanded: Tomorrow will be a day of complete rest, a holy Sabbath day set apart for the LORD. So bake or boil as much as you want today, and set aside what is left for tomorrow.” So they put some aside until morning, just as Moses had commanded. And in the morning the leftover food was wholesome and good, without maggots or odor. Moses said, “Eat this food today, for today is a Sabbath day dedicated to the LORD. There will be no food on the ground today. (Exodus 16:13-14, 22-25 NLT)​

No mention was made of the quail that they later ate that evening because the first thing that would not be found the next day would be the Manna, because the seventh day began in the morning. The quail in the evening was not used to mark the next day, but Manna in the morning was used to mark the next day, which therefore started in the morning and not in the evening.

That is insightful but again it confirms what I have said. The quail came in the evening, the manna in the morning, and when the sun waxed hot the manna melted. Why does the passage begin with explaining the quail and not mention the quail at the end thereof? The day begins with the quail, evening first, just as it is taught the opening creation account, first an evening, then a morning. When we look at the close of the episode we see no mention of the quail because the day ends with the disappearance of the manna at midday, (when the sun waxes hot).

Notice what comes first: it is the quail, and they come at evening.

Exodus 16:1-7 KJV
1 And they took their journey from Elim, and all the congregation of the children of Israel came unto the wilderness of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after their departing out of the land of Egypt.
2 And the whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness:
3 And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.
4 Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.
5 And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.
6 And Moses and Aaron said unto all the children of Israel, At even, then ye shall know that the LORD hath brought you out from the land of Egypt:
7 And in the morning, then ye shall see the glory of the LORD; for that he heareth your murmurings against the LORD: and what are we, that ye murmur against us?
8 And Moses said, This shall be, when the LORD shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full; for that the LORD heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against him: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against the LORD.

Even the statement "and in the morning bread to the full" implies that the morning fills up the remainder of the day. Then the quail come at evening, and again, it is evening before morning in the text.

Exodus 16:9-12 KJV
9 And Moses spake unto Aaron, Say unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, Come near before the LORD: for he hath heard your murmurings.
10 And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud.
11 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
12 I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God.
13 And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.
14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.
15 And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.

Then the focus changes slightly and Mosheh commands them not to lay up the manna until the next morning. The evening portion of the day is already established in the text, and it comes first, and the quail come first, then comes the morning which is the second portion of the day. We are not going to read about the quail again in this passage because it has already been expounded: so Mosheh commands them concerning the second portion of the day, the morning, which pertains to the manna.

Exodus 16:16-19 KJV
16 This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents.
17 And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less.
18 And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating.
19 And Moses said, Let no man leave of it till the morning.

Whatsoever is not of faith is of sin, and some did not believe, and therefore they sinned in this commandment not to lay up the manna until the next morning which is the next day.

Exodus 16:20-21 KJV
20 Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.
21 And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.

And when the sun waxed hot the manna melted: this is midday, when the sun is directly overhead.
Why therefore no more mention of the quail if your view is correct?

Exodus 16:22-26 KJV
22 And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.
23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.
24 And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.
25 And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field.
26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.

It is critically important to hear and understand what the text both says, and what it does not say: for the day is being expounded herein, and there is no mention of the evening portion of the day or the quail because both have already been addressed previously above in the passage. The day is therefore from the end of the morning of the sixth day, which is midday, just as has been shown previously, for the morning portion of the day is six hours: and from the end of the morning of the sixth day they are to lay up the second portion of the manna until the next morning and eat that in the second portion of the Shabbat, the morning portion, which is the six hours from sunrise to midday. Thus we have the day reckoned herein as from midday of the sixth day until midday of the next day, and that is the Shabbat.

However, again, some did not believe, and whatever is not of faith is of sin:

Exodus 16:27-31 KJV
27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.
28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?
29 See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
30 So the people rested on the seventh day.
31 And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

Thus the passage begins with the explanation of the evening portion of the day and the quail: then it follows through and concludes with the explanation of the morning portion of the day and the manna. The morning portion of the day is the conclusion of the day, and again, the morning portion of the day is six hours from sunrise unto midday.

Moreover, there are several places herein where the KJV is misleading, and one of them you and I have already discussed, which is the phrase "between the evenings" and its relevance to the makeup of a day and its importance to the timing of the daily evening oblation. This phrase is mentioned in the following statement which the KJV renders incorrectly in the quote above herein.

Exodus 16:12 YLT (Young's Literal Translation)
12 'I have heard the murmurings of the sons of Israel; speak unto them, saying, Between the evenings ye eat flesh, and in the morning ye are satisfied with bread, and ye have known that I am Jehovah your God.'

This is the same time as the evening oblation which is in no way whatsoever the same as sundown.
“And say to the people, ‘Purify yourselves, for tomorrow you will have meat to eat. You were whining, and the LORD heard you when you cried, “Oh, for some meat! We were better off in Egypt!” Now the LORD will give you meat, and you will have to eat it. And it won’t be for just a day or two, or for five or ten or even twenty. You will eat it for a whole month until you gag and are sick of it. For you have rejected the LORD, who is here among you, and you have whined to him, saying, “Why did we ever leave Egypt?”’” (Numbers 11:18-20 NLT)​

The portion you have highlighted in red says a hodesh yamim and is teaching something quite different from what you appear to believe it says. Perhaps you should have believed it when it was shown to you from the scripture that yom and yamim may also be hours.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Shabbat Shalom commencing at midday for the weekly Shabbat.
Brother, that is not possible given the following passage where the gates remain open past midday until it begins to be dark, then shut before sunset. The passage shows that the Sabbath does not begin earlier than sunset.

Then I commanded that the gates of Jerusalem should be shut as it began to be dark before the Sabbath, and not to be opened until the Sabbath ended. I sent some of my own servants to guard the gates so that no merchandise could be brought in on the Sabbath day. (Nehemiah 13:19 NLT fixed)​

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, that is not possible given the following passage where the gates remain open past midday until it begins to be dark, then shut before sunset. The passage shows that the Sabbath does not begin earlier than sunset.

Then I commanded that the gates of Jerusalem should be shut as it began to be dark before the Sabbath, and not to be opened until the Sabbath ended. I sent some of my own servants to guard the gates so that no merchandise could be brought in on the Sabbath day. (Nehemiah 13:19 NLT fixed)​

Sorry, but your correction of what is already essentially a paraphrase, (the NLT), is extremely unconvincing. The translation you have quoted ignores the fact that the word for doors is present in the text, and, by doing so, gives the false impression that the first occurrence of the word for gates means the same thing as the doors: it doesn't because the gates and the doors of the gates are not the same things. Moreover the word tzalal is a verb meaning to shade, as in shaded, as in the following rendering.

Nehemiah 13:19 TS2009
19 And it came to be, when the gates of Yerushalayim were shaded before the Sabbath, that I commanded the doors to be shut, and commanded that they should not be opened till after the Sabbath. And I stationed some of my servants at the gates, so that no burdens would be brought in on the Sabbath day.

Believe it or not we have already been over the principle being expressed herein but it simply was not stated in this context and in this manner. When the sun rises in the east the interiors of the gates having eastern and western faces are not shaded because the rays of the sun pass through the opening in the gate from east to west, (when the doors are open). This continues to be the same in varying degrees up until noon or midday.

When the sun has reached it zenith in the sky overhead and begins its downward trek into the west, in the evening hours, the gates are likewise not shaded because the rays of the sun are then passing through the opening of the gate from west to east.

The only time of day when the openings inside the gates are shaded is when the sun is directly overhead, which is midday, for the sun is directly overhead, and the arches and roofs over the openings of the gates are casting their shadows directly down into the openings of the gates. Thus one could say that the interiors of the gates are either darkened, (some translations), or shaded, (as in the translation above), and this occurs at midday when the sun is at its zenith in the sky, directly overhead.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, but your correction of what is already essentially a paraphrase, (the NLT), is extremely unconvincing.
Brother, here "evening" is the "sunset" that ends the Sabbath, after which they bring the sick to Jesus.

Jesus and his companions went to the town of Capernaum. When the Sabbath day came, he went into the synagogue and began to teach... After Jesus left the synagogue with James and John, they went to Simon and Andrew’s home. Now Simon’s mother-in-law was sick in bed with a high fever. They told Jesus about her right away. So he went to her bedside, took her by the hand, and helped her sit up. Then the fever left her, and she prepared a meal for them. That evening after sunset, many sick and demon-possessed people were brought to Jesus. (Mark 1:21,29-32 NLT)​

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, here "evening" is the "sunset" that ends the Sabbath, after which they bring the sick to Jesus.

Jesus and his companions went to the town of Capernaum. When the Sabbath day came, he went into the synagogue and began to teach... After Jesus left the synagogue with James and John, they went to Simon and Andrew’s home. Now Simon’s mother-in-law was sick in bed with a high fever. They told Jesus about her right away. So he went to her bedside, took her by the hand, and helped her sit up. Then the fever left her, and she prepared a meal for them. That evening after sunset, many sick and demon-possessed people were brought to Jesus. (Mark 1:21,29-32 NLT)​

"That evening after sunset" ......

So evening now comes after sunset?
It's amazing what paradigm blinders will do to people.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
the gates and the doors of the gates are not the same things
Brother, the gates are larger solid doors than the smaller doors used by people in the following photo.

Jaffa-Gate-closed-showing-Needles-Eye-mat04998[1].jpg

The only time all ten gates facing all four directions are all shaded at the same time is in the morning sunrise or in the evening sunset.

GatesofJerusalemInNehemiah[1].jpg

Since the Sabbath does not start in Jerusalem in the morning, it must refer to all gates being shaded before the Sabbath at the evening sunset.

Nehemiah 13:19 TS2009
19 And it came to be, when the gates of Yerushalayim were shaded before the Sabbath, that I commanded the doors to be shut, and commanded that they should not be opened till after the Sabbath. And I stationed some of my servants at the gates, so that no burdens would be brought in on the Sabbath day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, the gates are larger solid doors than the smaller doors used by people in the following photo.

View attachment 339426

The only time all ten gates facing all four directions are all shaded at the same time is in the morning sunrise or in the evening sunset.

View attachment 339427

Since the Sabbath does not start in Jerusalem in the morning, it must refer to all gates being shaded before the Sabbath at the evening sunset.

None of the gates are the same anymore as they were in the days of Nehemiah, (except maybe the Eastern Golden Gate or Great Gate which is closed up and has a cemetery before it on the east). However one may easily see what I was talking about simply by looking up some image files of even the more modern gates. Here is a blog that actually has an image of the gate shown in your first image file, (the Jaffa Gate), with the doors open.

However none of the gates pictured face either due east or due west, so the shadows and shading are not as accurate as one would like to see in image files, but the point is easily made if one is simply willing to see the reality and picture how it would be with any gate that faces either due east or due west. This is just common sense, and while it is unfortunate in this case that the Golden Gate on the east is closed up, it is what it is.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 1:1-2
[01] In the beginning [chief-head] Elohim cuts down [H1254 bara'] the shamayim and the eretz, [02] and the eretz becomes wasted, and empty, and darkness upon the face of the abyss, and Ruaḥ Elohim broods over the countenance of the waters:
Brother, nothing changes due to your translation of bara', because the week of creation is not the beginning of creation. There are two different periods of time separated by first light in the week of creation. Everything before first light in the week of creation happened long before the week of creation, an unspecified time earlier than first light on the week of creation. God came to an already existing earth to turn it into a home for us during the week of creation.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. (Genesis 1:1-2 NLT)​

A lot of time passed between the earlier beginning above before the light below and the later moment below that begins the week of creation with first light. The first day is from first light to light again in the morning and the days following from morning to morning. Evening falls in the middle of the first day, separating the first light God called "day" and the first darkness God called "night" in that order.

The order given above of "day" before "night" is verified in the following passage where the previous night is the day before and the next night to come is part of the current day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I would say that doesn't always work, though. Jesus told a man to offer an animal sacrifice.
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 24, 2023 at 9:36 AM EST! Jesus told the healed leper to go to the "priest" and bring the "offering required" in the law of Moses. We know those instructions in Leviticus will need to change to accommodate the new reality of a change in priesthood, mainly Jesus being our High Priest and the temple being in heaven instead of on earth. What does our new High Priest Jesus expect us to bring to Him according to the law of Moses? I would say several thankfulnesses: thank you for the forgiveness of my sins, thank you for cleansing from the skin disease, thank you for what is represented by the other items in the instructions in Leviticus below.

Large crowds followed Jesus as he came down the mountainside. Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached him and knelt before him. “Lord,” the man said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.” Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared. Then Jesus said to him, “Don’t tell anyone about this. Instead, go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy. This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.” (Matthew 8:1-4 NLT)​

Looking at the elaborate instructions in the following passage, it may entail more than a simple prayer of thanks to Jesus if one is cured of a skin disease. Regarding the animal sacrifices, we know Jesus needed to die once to forgive many times in response to our prayers and that he has given us other representations of His body and blood in the bread and wine that can substitute in for the animal sacrifices.

And the LORD said to Moses, “The following instructions are for those seeking ceremonial purification from a skin disease. Those who have been healed must be brought to the priest, who will examine them at a place outside the camp. If the priest finds that someone has been healed of a serious skin disease, he will perform a purification ceremony, using two live birds that are ceremonially clean, a stick of cedar, some scarlet yarn, and a hyssop branch. The priest will order that one bird be slaughtered over a clay pot filled with fresh water. He will take the live bird, the cedar stick, the scarlet yarn, and the hyssop branch, and dip them into the blood of the bird that was slaughtered over the fresh water. The priest will then sprinkle the blood of the dead bird seven times on the person being purified of the skin disease. When the priest has purified the person, he will release the live bird in the open field to fly away.​
“The persons being purified must then wash their clothes, shave off all their hair, and bathe themselves in water. Then they will be ceremonially clean and may return to the camp. However, they must remain outside their tents for seven days. On the seventh day they must again shave all the hair from their heads, including the hair of the beard and eyebrows. They must also wash their clothes and bathe themselves in water. Then they will be ceremonially clean.​
“On the eighth day each person being purified must bring two male lambs and a one-year-old female lamb, all with no defects, along with a grain offering of six quarts of choice flour moistened with olive oil, and a cup of olive oil. Then the officiating priest will present that person for purification, along with the offerings, before the LORD at the entrance of the Tabernacle. The priest will take one of the male lambs and the olive oil and present them as a guilt offering, lifting them up as a special offering before the LORD. He will then slaughter the male lamb in the sacred area where sin offerings and burnt offerings are slaughtered. As with the sin offering, the guilt offering belongs to the priest. It is a most holy offering. The priest will then take some of the blood of the guilt offering and apply it to the lobe of the right ear, the thumb of the right hand, and the big toe of the right foot of the person being purified.​
“Then the priest will pour some of the olive oil into the palm of his own left hand. He will dip his right finger into the oil in his palm and sprinkle some of it with his finger seven times before the LORD. The priest will then apply some of the oil in his palm over the blood from the guilt offering that is on the lobe of the right ear, the thumb of the right hand, and the big toe of the right foot of the person being purified. The priest will apply the oil remaining in his hand to the head of the person being purified. Through this process, the priest will purify the person before the LORD.​
“Then the priest must present the sin offering to purify the person who was cured of the skin disease. After that, the priest will slaughter the burnt offering and offer it on the altar along with the grain offering. Through this process, the priest will purify the person who was healed, and the person will be ceremonially clean. (Leviticus 14:1-20 NLT)​

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, November 24, 2023 at 9:36 AM EST! Jesus told the healed leper to go to the "priest" and bring the "offering required" in the law of Moses. We know those instructions in Leviticus will need to change to accommodate the new reality of a change in priesthood, mainly Jesus being our High Priest and the temple being in heaven instead of on earth. What does our new High Priest Jesus expect us to bring to Him according to the law of Moses? I would say several thankfulnesses: thank you for the forgiveness of my sins, thank you for cleansing from the skin disease, thank you for what is represented by the other items in the instructions in Leviticus below.

Large crowds followed Jesus as he came down the mountainside. Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached him and knelt before him. “Lord,” the man said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.” Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared. Then Jesus said to him, “Don’t tell anyone about this. Instead, go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy. This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.” (Matthew 8:1-4 NLT)​

Looking at the elaborate instructions in the following passage, it may entail more than a simple prayer of thanks to Jesus if one is cured of a skin disease. Regarding the animal sacrifices, we know Jesus needed to die once to forgive many times in response to our prayers and that he has given us other representations of His body and blood in the bread and wine that can substitute in for the animal sacrifices.

And the LORD said to Moses, “The following instructions are for those seeking ceremonial purification from a skin disease. Those who have been healed must be brought to the priest, who will examine them at a place outside the camp. If the priest finds that someone has been healed of a serious skin disease, he will perform a purification ceremony, using two live birds that are ceremonially clean, a stick of cedar, some scarlet yarn, and a hyssop branch. The priest will order that one bird be slaughtered over a clay pot filled with fresh water. He will take the live bird, the cedar stick, the scarlet yarn, and the hyssop branch, and dip them into the blood of the bird that was slaughtered over the fresh water. The priest will then sprinkle the blood of the dead bird seven times on the person being purified of the skin disease. When the priest has purified the person, he will release the live bird in the open field to fly away.​
“The persons being purified must then wash their clothes, shave off all their hair, and bathe themselves in water. Then they will be ceremonially clean and may return to the camp. However, they must remain outside their tents for seven days. On the seventh day they must again shave all the hair from their heads, including the hair of the beard and eyebrows. They must also wash their clothes and bathe themselves in water. Then they will be ceremonially clean.​
“On the eighth day each person being purified must bring two male lambs and a one-year-old female lamb, all with no defects, along with a grain offering of six quarts of choice flour moistened with olive oil, and a cup of olive oil. Then the officiating priest will present that person for purification, along with the offerings, before the LORD at the entrance of the Tabernacle. The priest will take one of the male lambs and the olive oil and present them as a guilt offering, lifting them up as a special offering before the LORD. He will then slaughter the male lamb in the sacred area where sin offerings and burnt offerings are slaughtered. As with the sin offering, the guilt offering belongs to the priest. It is a most holy offering. The priest will then take some of the blood of the guilt offering and apply it to the lobe of the right ear, the thumb of the right hand, and the big toe of the right foot of the person being purified.​
“Then the priest will pour some of the olive oil into the palm of his own left hand. He will dip his right finger into the oil in his palm and sprinkle some of it with his finger seven times before the LORD. The priest will then apply some of the oil in his palm over the blood from the guilt offering that is on the lobe of the right ear, the thumb of the right hand, and the big toe of the right foot of the person being purified. The priest will apply the oil remaining in his hand to the head of the person being purified. Through this process, the priest will purify the person before the LORD.​
“Then the priest must present the sin offering to purify the person who was cured of the skin disease. After that, the priest will slaughter the burnt offering and offer it on the altar along with the grain offering. Through this process, the priest will purify the person who was healed, and the person will be ceremonially clean. (Leviticus 14:1-20 NLT)​

Exactly! There was a change in priesthood, so we don't do everything that Jesus did. And we do some things that he didn't.

Jesus was sent only to the Lost House of Israel, we are sent to the ends of the Earth.

Peace be with you, my brother!

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

The order given above of "day" before "night" is verified in the following passage where the previous night is the day before and the next night to come is part of the current day.

Just as the original text says and teaches, an evening and a morning are a yom, and the evening comes first: and the time of evening is the bottom of the sixth hour, which makes high noon the beginning of the midday prayer time. This is why Peter goes up to the rooftop to pray at around the sixth hour, (Acts 10:9), and also why Daniel is praying three times daily with his windows open toward Yerushalem, (Dan 6:10), which incorporates the midday tzohorim hour of prayer taught by king David in Psalm 55:17.

If only you would believe the scripture you might begin to understand the shabuim-yamim time prophecies of Daniel the Prophet and how they are fulfilled in the ministry of the Meshiah: for because of the midday hour of prayer being the timing that it is, according to the scripture, the ninth hour is proven to be the evening oblation, (Dan 9:21, Dan 10:13, Mat 27:45, Mrk 15:33, Luk 23:44, Acts 3:1, Acts 10:3). And of course the evening oblation is between the evenings, meaning between or in the midst of the evening hours, which consists of six hours, and which is the first half of the twelve hour day. Again, night is not part of the day, so it is simply not recognized: there are twelve hours in a day, (Jhn 11:9-10), not twenty-four, for the night is not the day but the night, and they have been divided or separated in the opening creation account.

The top of the sixth hour is the beginning of evening time, (again, the time when women go forth to draw water, Gen 24:11).

John 4:6-7 KJV
6 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

Moreover, because the evening comes first, the hours of the spoken Word creation in the opening creation account also begin on the half, which is the bottom of the hour, the evening portion of the hour. Thus the bottom of the sixth hour is the beginning of the midday hour of prayer, and the prayer time begins after that half hour, at the top of the hour, in the full light of the midday tzohorim hour when the sun is directly overhead. And this time occurs in the same passage quoted above, and is an hour of worship unto the Father in Spirit and in truth.

John 4:21-24 KJV
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Just believe what the Master says: the hour had come as they spoke, right there in the passage when he says so, and it would have been the bottom of the sixth hour, and after the evening portion of that hour comes the time of prayer at precisely midday, at the top of the hour, in the midst of the tzohorim hour.

sacred-and civil-calendar-day.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
night is not part of the day, so it is simply not recognized: there are twelve hours in a day, (Jhn 11:9-10), not twenty-four, for the night is not the day but the night, and they have been divided or separated in the opening creation account.
Brother, in the following passages, the "night" is part of the "day". Confirming that the word "day" represents both 12 hours and 24 hours in Genesis, where each "day" ends on the "night" of 12 hours from evening to morning that began with 12 hours of light, making up the 24 hours of each numbered day of the week of creation.

So David and Abishai went right into Saul’s camp at night (layelah) and found him asleep, with his spear stuck in the ground beside his head. Abner and the soldiers were lying asleep around him. “God has surely handed your enemy over to you this day (yom)!” Abishai whispered to David. “Let me pin him to the ground with one thrust of the spear; I won’t need to strike twice!” (1 Samuel 26:7-8 NLT fixed)​

The above and below passages confirm that the "night" is part of the "day".

The people of Israel had lived in Egypt for 430 years. In fact, it was on the last day (yom) of the 430th year that all the LORD’s forces left the land. On this night (layelah) the LORD kept his promise to bring his people out of the land of Egypt. So this night (layelah) belongs to him, and it must be commemorated every year by all the Israelites, from generation to generation. (Exodus 12:40-42 NLT)​

The above passages in Hebrew and the below passages in Greek confirm that the "night" is part of the "day".

That night (nux) there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today (sémeron) in Bethlehem, the city of David! And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.” (Luke 2:8-12 NLT)​

The following two gospels confirm that the "night" is part of "today".

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, Peter—this very night (nux), before the rooster crows twice, you will deny three times that you even know me.” (Mark 14:30 NLT)​

The above "night" in Mark is part of the "today" below in Luke.

But Jesus said, “Peter, let me tell you something. Before the rooster crows today (sémeron), you will deny three times that you even know me.” (Luke 22:34 NLT fixed)​

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, in the following passages, the "night" is part of the "day". Confirming that the word "day" represents both 12 hours and 24 hours in Genesis, where each "day" ends on the "night" of 12 hours from evening to morning that began with 12 hours of light, making up the 24 hours of each numbered day of the week of creation.

So David and Abishai went right into Saul’s camp at night (layelah) and found him asleep, with his spear stuck in the ground beside his head. Abner and the soldiers were lying asleep around him. “God has surely handed your enemy over to you this day (yom)!” Abishai whispered to David. “Let me pin him to the ground with one thrust of the spear; I won’t need to strike twice!” (1 Samuel 26:7-8 NLT fixed)​

The above and below passages confirm that the "night" is part of the "day".

The people of Israel had lived in Egypt for 430 years. In fact, it was on the last day (yom) of the 430th year that all the LORD’s forces left the land. On this night (layelah) the LORD kept his promise to bring his people out of the land of Egypt. So this night (layelah) belongs to him, and it must be commemorated every year by all the Israelites, from generation to generation. (Exodus 12:40-42 NLT)​

The above passages in Hebrew and the below passages in Greek confirm that the "night" is part of the "day".

That night (nux) there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today (sémeron) in Bethlehem, the city of David! And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.” (Luke 2:8-12 NLT)​

The following two gospels confirm that the "night" is part of "today".

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, Peter—this very night (nux), before the rooster crows twice, you will deny three times that you even know me.” (Mark 14:30 NLT)​

The above "night" in Mark is part of the "today" below in Luke.

But Jesus said, “Peter, let me tell you something. Before the rooster crows today (sémeron), you will deny three times that you even know me.” (Luke 22:34 NLT fixed)​

Again that is in opposition to the Testimony.

Matthew 20:1-16 KJV
1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning [αμα πρωι - morning dawn] to hire labourers into his vineyard.
2 And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.
3 And he went out about the third hour, [morning prayer] and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
4 And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.
5 Again he went out about the sixth [midday prayer] and ninth hour, [evening prayer] and did likewise.
6 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?
7 They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.
8 So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.
9 And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.
10 But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.
11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,
12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?
14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

The full yom-day here is twelve hours and those who were called at the eleventh hour only worked one hour. Moreover the yom-hour is also expounded herein because one yom-hour is made equal to one full yom-day of twelve hours: for Yom is Light, (Gen 1:5a). Therefore, according to the Testimony of the Master himself, we see that a yom, (or even a hemera in Greek), may be either one full twelve hour yom-day or one yom-hour which is one hour of the sacred calendar day in the opening creation account.

These things are proven by the above parable for the one with ears to hear:
One full twelve hour yom-hemera-day is worth one denarius, (penny, KJV).
One yom-hemera-hour is also worth one denarius, (penny, KJV).

(Moreover, for calendar day counting, the day is divided at midday but the twelve hour day itself is not, (Numbers 7)).

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Again that is in opposition to the Testimony.
Brother, the testimony of a 24-hour Sabbath in Jerusalem ends as it began on "ereb". Returning to the same "ereb" makes a full 360-degree rotation of the earth.

And I will destroy anyone among you who does any work on that day (yum). You must not do any work at all! This is a permanent law for you, and it must be observed from generation to generation wherever you live. This will be a Sabbath day of complete rest for you, and on that day you must deny yourselves. This day of rest will begin at sundown (ereb) on the ninth day of the month and extend until sundown (ereb) on the tenth day.” (Leviticus 23:30-32 NLT)​

The above 24-hour Sabbath returning to the same "ereb" is different from the below 12-hour first half of the Sabbath, stopping earlier at "boqer", "boqer" being different from how it began on "ereb" because it is only 180 degrees and not the full 360 degrees that would return to "ereb". Making only half the length of a full rotation of the earth by stopping halfway at "boqer" above is the night half of the Sabbath in Jerusalem that ends the first day that began with light, completing the first 24-hour day of the week from first light to light again in the morning, ending as it began for a full 360-degree rotation of the earth.

God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” And evening (ereb) passed and morning (boqer) came, marking the first day. (Genesis 1:5 NLT)​

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother, the testimony of a 24-hour Sabbath in Jerusalem ends as it began on "ereb". Returning to the same "ereb" makes a full 360-degree rotation of the earth.

And I will destroy anyone among you who does any work on that day (yum). You must not do any work at all! This is a permanent law for you, and it must be observed from generation to generation wherever you live. This will be a Sabbath day of complete rest for you, and on that day you must deny yourselves. This day of rest will begin at sundown (ereb) on the ninth day of the month and extend until sundown (ereb) on the tenth day.” (Leviticus 23:30-32 NLT)​

The above 24-hour Sabbath returning to the same "ereb" is different from the below 12-hour first half of the Sabbath, stopping earlier at "boqer", "boqer" being different from how it began on "ereb" because it is only 180 degrees and not the full 360 degrees that would return to "ereb". Making only half the length of a full rotation of the earth by stopping halfway at "boqer" above is the night half of the Sabbath in Jerusalem that ends the first day that began with light, completing the first 24-hour day of the week from first light to light again in the morning, ending as it began for a full 360-degree rotation of the earth.

God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” And evening (ereb) passed and morning (boqer) came, marking the first day. (Genesis 1:5 NLT)​

You still have the same problem: ereb does not mean sundown, it means evening, and the scripture teaches that ereb, evening, begins at about the sixth hour of the day as already shown from the scripture. Evening or ereb is therefore six hours, and yet sundown is not six hours: sundown is merely the very end and close of the six hour evening period, it is the beginning of night time. So your day commences with twelve hours of night because it begins with sundown, and by the morning how can there be any dawn just as the Master says in the John 11 passage? for a day is only twelve hours, and yet here you are teaching that the beginning of your day is the commencement of twelve hours of night?

John 11:9-10 KJV
9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him [Isa 8:20].

The final clause of John 11:10 is a quote from Isaiah 8:20.

Isaiah 8:20 KJV
20 To the law [Torah] and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light [H7837 shachar] in them.

H7837 שַׁחַר shachar (shach'-ar) n-m.
dawn (literal, figurative or adverbial).
[from H7836]
KJV: day(-spring), early, light, morning, whence riseth.

No shachar, no dawn, no morning, no morning dawn, no morning light, no light.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
So your day commences with twelve hours of night because it begins with sundown, and by the morning how can there be any dawn just as the Master says in the John 11 passage?
Brother, a day is both the light portion alone as Jesus mentions 12 hours and also the light with the night portion when it is preceded by a number as in the first day of creation. You assume the first evening is at the beginning of the first day when it falls in the middle of the first day. What is important in comparing the following two passages is how they end because they begin the same. The reason the end is what is important is because the beginning of the first day is special being first light and not the typical beginning of morning in subsequent days.

This will be a Sabbath day of complete rest for you, and on that day you must deny yourselves. This day of rest will begin at sundown (ereb) on the ninth day of the month and extend until sundown (ereb) on the tenth day.” (Leviticus 23:32 NLT)​

The above 24-hour Sabbath returning to the same "ereb" is different from the below 12-hour period ending in morning. Just like the above ends as it began with "ereb" means this ending of morning is how the first day began in something like a morning at first light.

for a day is only twelve hours, and yet here you are teaching that the beginning of your day is the commencement of twelve hours of night?
A day is both only the 12 hours of light Jesus mentions as well as the full 24 hours as shown previously when Israel departed from Egypt at "night" on the last "day" of the 430th year. You assume the first evening is at the beginning of the first day when it falls in the middle of the first day between first light and light again at the morning with subsequent days of the week from morning to morning beginning as they end making a full rotation of 360 degrees returning to the same "boqer" in subsequent days of the week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0