Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We do not delete accounts, however, you may create and password that you cannot remember ( press random buttons on the keyboard and do it that way.

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We do not delete accounts, however, you may create and password that you cannot remember ( press random buttons on the keyboard and do it that way.
You cannot even deactivate accounts?

How do you deal with people then that get the maximum penalty?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You cannot even deactivate accounts?
no, what you MAY be able to do is do is talk to the admins, and asks permission to set up a sock account ( on the condition that you do not use this account any longer.

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
no, what you MAY be able to do is do is talk to the admins, and asks permission to set up a sock account ( on the condition that you do not use this account any longer.
How do I ask them? And you mean like a second account?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the mods will delete accounts if they're asked to. I know that they will ban accounts on request but, since you want to stay on the forums I wouldn't go that route. You're pretty much stuck with the account you have now since you're not allowed to make another account. Maybe just do a name change?

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, please may I delete this account?

I just really want to start fresh again, so please may I?
I don't think you can delete it, but I don't work for CF, you could get another email, and join with a different name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would start a support ticket and explain why you want to do it, and what you want to do. There may be a work around, or you may get permission.

We can only advise what is normally done, and it seems that won't suit what you want to do.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you can delete it, but I don't work for CF, you could get another email, and join with a different name.
This is actually very much against the rules, and would get you banned if caught. (And it can be caught often.)

Not trying to give you a hard time, just for the sake of the OP and whoever might be reading. :)

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is actually very much against the rules, and would get you banned if caught. (And it can be caught often.)

Not trying to give you a hard time, just for the sake of the OP and whoever might be reading. :)
How do you create a ticket?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
  • Friendly
Reactions: -Luca
Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Go to this forum: https://www.christianforums.com/forums/supervisor-help-desk.1143/
And start a new thread. It will appear to be empty (unless you have created other tickets) because it's private. I think your questions will need that level of permission anyway. :)

Hope it can be worked out for you!
Thank you Anastasia!

All I want is to just start a fresh account, though I think all of the posts and threads are going to remain alive on this account, sadly.

:/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Anastasia!

All I want is to just start a fresh account, though I think all of the posts and threads are going to remain alive on this account, sadly.

:/

You are most welcome. :)

I don't think there is any way they would delete all of your posts. You can edit any of them you want down to a single character, but anyone who quoted them it will remain (I think quote carries old name though).

You can also get a name change easily, but I think your new name would then be attached to your old posts. You can ask permission to have this account banned and create a new one ... if you ask it might be allowed. To do so on your own without permission would be a serious rule violation though and if found could possibly get your location banned so you couldn't access at all anymore.

If it helps, I will say - most people will quickly disassociate anything with you if you get a new name, a new avatar, and stop ongoing conversations. Most threads die and get ignored within a few days or a week. You can always check for new posts to identify any live threads and delete your posts in there. You would quickly become a new person to the general community. But I'm hoping support can help you out so you have some other option.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: -Luca
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have never heard of not being able to delete an account. Every single website on the internet, that you can create an account for, allows you to delete.
Hello and welcome to CF. :)

You can't delete your own account. Mods can delete and sometimes do if someone joins just to spam or otherwise breaks particular rules.

You can request to be banned if you want to no longer have access (I guess if you can't control yourself?). And you can edit all your own posts - as far as I know the edit option never goes away (I know some sites allow editing only within various windows) - so you CAN delete your content.

But no there is no option to delete your own account and the general rule is that CF won't do it.

Upvote 0

WanderedHome

Jul 26, 2019
Southern US
✟35,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello and welcome to CF. :)

You can't delete your own account. Mods can delete and sometimes do if someone joins just to spam or otherwise breaks particular rules.

You can request to be banned if you want to no longer have access (I guess if you can't control yourself?). And you can edit all your own posts - as far as I know the edit option never goes away (I know some sites allow editing only within various windows) - so you CAN delete your content.

But no there is no option to delete your own account and the general rule is that CF won't do it.

Ah, that makes a little more sense. I just wanted to change my username and I saw, when I created it, that it was not possible. I realized it resembled St. Tikhon's Orthodox Theological Seminary- I don't want it to appear I was speaking for it. I actually meant it as the word "stot" which means "to bound with a stiff-legged gait". (I am a bit of a Monty Python fan and it reminded me of the Ministry of Silly Walks :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ah, that makes a little more sense. I just wanted to change my username and I saw, when I created it, that it was not possible. I realized it resembled St. Tikhon's Orthodox Theological Seminary- I don't want it to appear I was speaking for it. I actually meant it as the word "stot" which means "to bound with a stiff-legged gait". (I am a bit of a Monty Python fan and it reminded me of the Ministry of Silly Walks :)
Ah ok. You CAN change your username. I know for a while that was a perk they charged "blessings" for. But your reason is a good one. I wondered if you had any connection to STOTS and most EOs would recognize it. :)

I think you need to submit a request in the Member Service Center. If they tell you it costs blessings, let me know and I'll be happy to gift you some. :)

Choose Category | Christian Forums

I hope that takes you to the right place. My phone is acting up. Lmk if you don't see a place to create a ticket/thread. Don't worry if it says "private" ... they are usually between the member and staff.

Upvote 0