Deity Of Christ In Scripture

Status
Not open for further replies.

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by s0uljah
Yes, its the most obvious thing about Jesus.

"The Father and I are one"

Jesus is two "beings" in one "flesh". His Divine, and His human. He is 100% human and 100% God.

This apparently confuses some people. *shrug*

Your explanation of John 10:30 is really CONFUSING because it does NOT make ANY sense at all.

Jesus (the SON) SAYS: "The Father (only TRUE God - John 17:3) and I (the SON) are one."

To you, this MEANS that Jesus (the SON) is TWO "beings" in one "flesh." His DIVINE and his HUMAN. You are in effect saying that Jesus (the SON) is COMPOSED of the FATHER (true God), his DIVINE "being" and himself (MAN - John 8:40), his HUMAN"being."

Thus, to you, Jesus (the SON) is ALSO the Father (true God) and that's how you interpret John 10:30 to mean, right? And to you, that makes Jesus 100% God and 100% MAN, right?

Don't you realize that the SIMPLER explanation of John 10:30 is that they are ONE in purpose and judgment?

Or is it truly your belief that  John 10:30 is telling us that Jesus the SON (man) and the FATHER (true God) are ONE and the SAME God?

Ed

Upvote 0

fieldsofwind

Oct 6, 2002
Visit site
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Ed... you twist John 1:1... (refer to Rev 19 to find out who the Word of God is)

God commands us to worship Him alone, yet He also commands us to worship Jesus. They are One!

In John 18 Christ says I AM and everyone falls to the ground.

The significance of God becoming a man to die is everything. Everything that you say in regards to your claim that Christ is not God refers to Christ being the sacrifice... being the man...

He made himself nothing while at the same time being in very nature God.

God does not fit in your box ed... He is who He says He is... He can be a million things at one time. You refer to a verse where God says that He is not a man... and that is correct... God cannot be tempted

However the Bible says that all have sinned... all refering to men... but Christ did not sin... so by this logic Christ was not a man, like us.

Christ is something incredible Ed.... He is God, who became a man (phil 2). He made Himself nothing... able to be tempted... He prayed to the Father... in order to become the Sacrifice for us all.

The Father does not allow sin in His presence... yet His spirit lives with me at all times, even to the end of the ages. He is the Spirit, He says so in the Bible... and I believe Him... I believe the Bible, regardless of what others say.

The Father, The Son, and His Spirit... three ways that God manifest Himself... and He will never be limited.. It is perfect ed

I can give you Bible verses all day long ed... yet I base everything on Christ... what He tells me... I don't care whether you believe that He speaks to me or not... I will go on believing Him.

Believe

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by fieldsofwind
Ed... you twist John 1:1... (refer to Rev 19 to find out who the Word of God is)

The Word of God referred to in  Rev. 19 is Jesus, the MAN. The Word that WAS God referred to in John 1:1 is NOT Jesus. Jesus is the MAN that the Word that WAS God TURNED into. John 1:14 tells us that the Word that WAS God BECAME Jesus.

God commands us to worship Him alone, yet He also commands us to worship Jesus. They are One!

Rev. 5:13 shows all creatures singing praises to "HIM who sat on the throne" AND the LAMB.  "HIM who sat on the throne" is God. The LAMB is Jesus. Are they ONE and the SAME? You must be blind NOT to SEE!

In John 18 Christ says I AM and everyone falls to the ground.

That does NOT mean Jesus is God.  

I can give you Bible verses all day long ed... yet I base everything on Christ... what He tells me... I don't care whether you believe that He speaks to me or not... I will go on believing Him.

Believe

Jesus is telling you that he is a  MAN (John 8:40) and the FATHER is the ONLY true God (John 17:3). But you don't believe this, do you?

Then why do you say you believe Jesus?

Ed

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.