Not open for further replies.

FreedIntheLord

Nov 11, 2005
Michigan
✟17,929.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Abstract Devotion said:
even if one struggles with something that they know is wrong but have a hard time letting go and turning from it.... not that they want to keep it.. just that its hard to turn away from it?
Yes, AD, God knows our heart and He doesn't condone sin. He knows we cannot give these things up in our own will. We have to bring them to Jesus, the Lover of our souls. He knows how to set us free from our sins, but we have to become entirely ready to give them to him. Then when we are free, we need to give the Glory to the Lord. One thing that was hard for me to give up was cigarettes. I used to smoke three packs a day. I tried to quit and I could not. I prayed and gave this over to the Lord and told Him when it was time, I would give them to Him. When I got baptised in water on May 23, 1983 Jesus took my desire for smoking away. I threw out my half full pack of cigarettes and I have not had one to this day! Glory to God!

I still struggle with other sins, but I know that God will set me free through the Word and through His mercy and grace. There is nothing too hard for God.

Upvote 0

Spudgrandma

Grandma Blessed with 7
Mar 8, 2004
Idaho
✟56,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wayfaring man said:
Greetings ,

And if when we acted as though we are the enemies of God , Christ suffered and died for us ; how much more will His Glorious Life flood our very being when we are living as God's friends .

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. <-----> Romans 5:10

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
<-----> John 15:13+14

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
<-----> 1st John 3:20-23

May The Lord Be Magnified .

wm
Amen :amen: & :amen:

Welcome to DF and I hope you will come and share often.

Upvote 0

EarthMomma

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Florida
✟2,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Abstract Devotion said:
even if one struggles with something that they know is wrong but have a hard time letting go and turning from it.... not that they want to keep it.. just that its hard to turn away from it?

He will never leave you nor forsake you, saith the Word of the Lord!
Hebrews 13:5-6 AMP 5 Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]

6 So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me?
Isaiah 42:16 AMP And I will bring the blind by a way that they know not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness into light before them and make uneven places into a plain. These things I have determined to do [for them]; and I will not leave them forsaken.
1 Kings 8:56-58 AMP 56 Blessed be the Lord, Who has given rest to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. Not one word has failed of all His good promise which He promised through Moses His servant.

57 May the Lord our God be with us as He was with our fathers; may He not leave us or forsake us, 58 That He may incline our hearts to Him, to walk in all His ways and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His precepts which He commanded our fathers.

What wonderful, blessed assurance! May we be comforted and encouraged to confidently and with boldness incline our hearts to Him!

Upvote 0
May 20, 2006
✟15,136.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Praise the God who created Heaven and Earth for the faithfulness that I've seen in this thread! This whole site has already helped me grow closer to God, knowing that I'm not the only one fighting against the anti-Christ. Praise the Lord for it all, and thank you guys that are here to work along side me and the few other Christian believers! God bless and my prayers are with you all.

Upvote 0

EarthMomma

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Florida
✟2,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And bless you for coming here, and seeking a deeper walk with God through fellowshiping with His body! Isn't it wonderful how He creates divine connections among His children!

DifferentlyFree said:
Praise the God who created Heaven and Earth for the faithfulness that I've seen in this thread! This whole site has already helped me grow closer to God, knowing that I'm not the only one fighting against the anti-Christ. Praise the Lord for it all, and thank you guys that are here to work along side me and the few other Christian believers! God bless and my prayers are with you all.

May you find inspiration and fellowship here, and be a source of the same to us! Day by day we are changed from glory to glory, PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!

Love and peace,
EarthMomma

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
DifferentlyFree said:
God bless you and welcome

Upvote 0

Spudgrandma

Grandma Blessed with 7
Mar 8, 2004
Idaho
✟56,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DifferentlyFree said:

Welcome to DF :wave: and may God Bless you and your time here.

Reactions: karen16652
Upvote 0

Greenthumb

So many seeds...so little time!
Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
DifferentlyFree said:
Welcome here to DF, DF. :D I hope you will join us often.

Upvote 0

Greenthumb

Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
wayfaring man said:
Greetings ,

And if when we acted as though we are the enemies of God , Christ suffered and died for us ; how much more will His Glorious Life flood our very being when we are living as God's friends .

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. <-----> Romans 5:10

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. <-----> John 15:13+14

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. <-----> 1st John 3:20-23

May The Lord Be Magnified .

wm
Hello wm. Welcome here to DF. Thank you for sharing these verses with us. I hope you come back and spend some time with us. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
Farmville or diving into Little Rock Pool or on Is
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
DifferentlyFree said:
Hello there...So glad to have you with us.....We are all growing day by day and striving every day........We are so glad you are with us......Anything I can do to help do not hesitate to ask....God bless and WELCOME...:wave:

Upvote 0

Shadowcat

His Law is Love and His Gospel is Peace.
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
✟60,333.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
DifferentlyFree said:

Hi DifferentlyFree,

A warm welcome to you - may you enjoy posting here. That's awesome how this site has helped you grow closer to God.

[pong]:wave: Welcome :wave:[/pong]

Reactions: karen16652
Upvote 0

FreedIntheLord

Nov 11, 2005
Michigan
✟17,929.00
Faith
Non-Denom
DifferentlyFree said:
Welcome and come back often!

Upvote 0
S

Starr SDA Living Word

How are you? I am lost right now. THis is why!

I am still crying, I can't sleep, eat, barely breathing, it hurts so bad. I miss her so. It hurts so much. She is in a safe place now. She is my daughter in my eyes. All my friends around here say I am nuts, get over it, it's just a cat. She wasn't. She went with me to every Cancer treatment I had. She slept with me, eat with me, played with me, we did everything together, We had to bottle feed her. Because her whole family was murdered. I got her as her eyes were just beginning to open. She is and was so Beautiful. I love her.

I was wondering if you can keep me in your prayers. I know I regularly don't get down, I guess I am human after all. I just can't pull out of this, I have surgery in 2 weeks, I am afraid I won't make it, because of this. I am so afraid now. I Need God to give me peace on this. TO STOP THESE TEARS!!! I have been praying, nothing is working out here. I can't do anything, everything i do reminds me of her. Please Help Lord, Please. I am crying in Pain Lord. Lord help me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Spudgrandma

Grandma Blessed with 7
Mar 8, 2004
Idaho
✟56,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Starr SDA Living Word said:

I am still crying, I can't sleep, eat, barely breathing, it hurts so bad. I miss her so. It hurts so much. She is in a safe place now. She is my daughter in my eyes. All my friends around here say I am nuts, get over it, it's just a cat. She wasn't. She went with me to every Cancer treatment I had. She slept with me, eat with me, played with me, we did everything together, We had to bottle feed her. Because her whole family was murdered. I got her as her eyes were just beginning to open. She is and was so Beautiful. I love her.

I was wondering if you can keep me in your prayers. I know I regularly don't get down, I guess I am human after all. I just can't pull out of this, I have surgery in 2 weeks, I am afraid I won't make it, because of this. I am so afraid now. I Need God to give me peace on this. TO STOP THESE TEARS!!! I have been praying, nothing is working out here. I can't do anything, everything i do reminds me of her. Please Help Lord, Please. I am crying in Pain Lord. Lord help me.
I am so sorry you are in such pain. Dear God I ask for peace for your child Starr SDA Living Word. Give her calm and may she feel Your love surround her and take away the hurt and sadness. May she find rest in You Lord and be able to build her strength for her upcoming surgery and may she find a strength that passeth understanding. I ask these things in Jesus name, Amen & :amen:

Upvote 0

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Pilgrim1951 said:
Welcome Wayfarin man and DifferentlyFree! I look forward to sharing and listening and learning and praying with you! God bless you both. Pilgrim
Yes...Welcome to both of you...:wave:We have a great group of people here..

Upvote 0

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Starr, I will be praying for you...It does hurt so bad when we lose our animal friends...They are like family...I have felt that loss....I will be praying for you and also for your surgery....God bless

Upvote 0

Greenthumb

Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Oh Starr...I am sorry. :hug: :hug: :hug: It is so very hard to lose a pet. It's okay to cry...it's all part of the process of grieving. I know it hurts, but I think it is better to let it all out.

Heavenly Father, I lift up Starr to You. Comfort her and bring her Your peace. Calm her now as she grieves for the loss of her beloved pet. Reassure her of Your faithfulness, Lord, that You are with her and will bring her through her surgery. Calm her fears about her upcoming surgery. Give her strength and endurance in the days to come as the day of her surgery approaches. I pray these things in Jesus name, Amen. :prayer:

Upvote 0

FriendsFellowship

Serving the Kingdom!
Mar 17, 2006
Southern California
Visit site
✟53,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greenthumb said:
Oh Starr...I am sorry. :hug: :hug: :hug: It is so very hard to lose a pet. It's okay to cry...it's all part of the process of grieving. I know it hurts, but I think it is better to let it all out.

Heavenly Father, I lift up Starr to You. Comfort her and bring her Your peace. Calm her now as she grieves for the loss of her beloved pet. Reassure her of Your faithfulness, Lord, that You are with her and will bring her through her surgery. Calm her fears about her upcoming surgery. Give her strength and endurance in the days to come as the day of her surgery approaches. I pray these things in Jesus name, Amen. :prayer:

:amen:

I am praying also. It's hard to lose a companion you love so much!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.