Monticello MN
✟42,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So the store I work at is one of six in our big franchise to be selected to try a new program. Which means that after this weekend I no longer work on ON (no one who works in what is consider a fresh food department works overnight) for at less the next 12 weeks. Leaving me with the problem of, I liked the hours I had off on overnights, especially having off Friday night to Saturday night or the Jewish Sabbath. But now it looks like I will be working on this day as I have new hours of 4am-1pm and looks like I will be working on Saturday(s). Now I know that my true Sabbath is to rest in the Finish work of Christ; and no I don't think it hurts anyone to work on any day of the week; but my problem is that I have try to dedicate this day to Christ (have failed badly) and now after my company made agreements that I could have this day off, it like they are forcing me to work on Saturday.

Please pray for me that God will give me wisdom as to how to try to handle this situation. Been told by many that the company can't do this; but I try to live in the real world, which barring a miracle, tells me they will.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So the store I work at is one of six in our big franchise to be selected to try a new program. Which means that after this weekend I no longer work on ON (no one who works in what is consider a fresh food department works overnight) for at less the next 12 weeks. Leaving me with the problem of, I liked the hours I had off on overnights, especially having off Friday night to Saturday night or the Jewish Sabbath. But now it looks like I will be working on this day as I have new hours of 4am-1pm and looks like I will be working on Saturday(s). Now I know that my true Sabbath is to rest in the Finish work of Christ; and no I don't think it hurts anyone to work on any day of the week; but my problem is that I have try to dedicate this day to Christ (have failed badly) and now after my company made agreements that I could have this day off, it like they are forcing me to work on Saturday.

Please pray for me that God will give me wisdom as to how to try to handle this situation. Been told by many that the company can't do this; but I try to live in the real world, which barring a miracle, tells me they will.

Claim the promises of God and make a decision to follow his truth.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father, I pray with @JES1023 that You will give him wisdom in how to handle this job change. He knows his true rest is in You, and knowing that, give him peace in You and enable him to hear Your direction in what steps he needs to take in this situation. :praying:

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Father, I pray that this one will always seek to put You first, and not be legalistically bound to any certain days to work or not to work. May they learn to appreciate having Sundays off when they can have it off, or choose a job to have it off, or may they be content if they really just can't always have it off. Whatever the case, may they be led of You, and may their heart be right with You. May they learn to be content in whatever case they are in, Philippians 4:11, and how to be content in whatever You lead, or where circumstances take them, whether it is something they would "naturally" choose for themselves or not. May they grow in this area, and have victory in this area the rest of their lives, having the peace that comes from You (Philippians 4:6-7). Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0