East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
:heart: How precious that is. God INTENDED for you to find that Bible at this particular time.

Precious (((hug)))

I never thought of that!

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I never thought of that!

:heart: God is MINISTERING to you and just surrounding you round about with his loving kindness and tender mercies and inexplicable grace. He directed you to an inexplicable treasure. Just as you lovingly poured out blessings and love to your precious son, God is using those very blessings and memories through your son, to minister to and bless you. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 30:

Amen. Very wise prayer.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 30:

He is enough.

His grace really DOES sustain us, and is enough, isn't it? This verse is very very wise, in that what the writer of it is praying, is to not be "striving" to get rich, with all the absolute compromise and devastation of soul that comes with it. For with those temporary "riches" comes the curses so associated with it. It will be the "death of us", so to speak.

When God gives His portions, and according to His providence, may multiply blessings, there is NO "sorrow" with it. It is 100% a blessing. Not only does it bless us, but also those we pour out those blessings onto. And there is a "joy" for the one who is pouring out those blessings that God poured into them.

How glorious is THAT??!!

"The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it." ~Pr 10:22

iu

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Proverbs 30:

He is enough.

His grace really DOES sustain us, and is enough, isn't it? This verse is very very wise, in that what the writer of it is praying, is to not be "striving" to get rich, with all the absolute compromise and devastation of soul that comes with it. For with those temporary "riches" comes the curses so associated with it. It will be the "death of us", so to speak.

When God gives His portions, and according to His providence, may multiply blessings, there is NO "sorrow" with it. It is 100% a blessing. Not only does it bless us, but also those we pour out those blessings onto. And there is a "joy" for the one who is pouring out those blessings that God poured into them.

How glorious is THAT??!!

"The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it." ~Pr 10:22

iu
Amen. Give me neither poverty or riches.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually, when ya' think about it, being "content" is "child-like"...it's that "trusting" quality of a small child towards a loving parent (for us that's our heavenly Father) and having no "wiles" about them. This is the condition of the heart that Jesus was referring to when HE said "of such is the Kingdom of Heaven".

Precious.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, when ya' think about it, being "content" is "child-like"...it's that "trusting" quality of a small child towards a loving parent (for us that's our heavenly Father) and having no "wiles" about them. This is the condition of the heart that Jesus was referring to when HE said "of such is the Kingdom of Heaven".

Precious.
being content is very spiritual.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
being content is very spiritual.

Yes it is, and it's one of the most "fleeting" "fruits of the Spirit", and is a "main ingredient" of those "fruits of the Spirit" spoken of in the new Testament, so to speak. For if one is "content" nearly ev'ry thing else falls into place.

Contentment is the complete antithesis to "striving".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes it is, and it's one of the most "fleeting" "fruits of the Spirit", and is a "main ingredient" of those "fruits of the Spirit" spoken of in the new Testament, so to speak. For if one is "content" nearly ev'ry thing else falls into place.

Contentment is the complete antithesis to "striving".
This world can be contagious with its discontentment. It wars against our peace and joy.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This world can be contagious with its discontentment. It wars against our peace and joy.

Yes it does. It's sooooooo addicting.

it's almost like a "sickness", this wanting "more more more".

Good grief...it was tied right up with my "hurry sickness". It's baaaaad fer yer health AND spirit.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes it does. It's sooooooo addicting.

it's almost like a "sickness", this wanting "more more more".

Good grief...it was tied right up with my "hurry sickness". It's baaaaad fer yer health AND spirit.
Discontentment leads to anxiety, at least in me it does. Its much better to be content and thankful.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
gotta turn all those strivings over to God...i'd rather have peace.....

hahaaa reminds me of a Proverbs, i ferget which one, where it says that it would be better to live on a corner on top of the roof than be inside a beautiful house with a quarreling family member or spouse.

^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
gotta turn all those strivings over to God...i'd rather have peace.....

hahaaa reminds me of a Proverbs, i ferget which one, where it says that it would be better to live on a corner on top of the roof than be inside a beautiful house with a quarreling family member or spouse.

^_^
Yes quarreling never edifies anyone.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 30:
Our Shield.
iu
Now i just TODAY noticed the name "Agur" who wrote Psalm 30. I'm like wondering who he is. He was the son of Jakeh. (Don't know who he was either.)

In the meantime there are several verses that really stand out for me:

"Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?" ~Pr 30:4

"Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain." ~Pr 30:8-9

and this One:

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0