Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 30:

Watch your mouth.
AKA "Lying": "Speaking FOR God" without His authority.

"Explaining God" or "apologizing for God" or mis-speaking about God and doing so with the audacity to not even have read His Word or studied it or even "talked" to God, which means NOT "obeying" God, is downright insulting to God, and thus, dangerous.

It's "lying".

It indicates a disregard for God and a lack of the "fear of God", and a dismissive heart towards the living God.

This verse is a warning.

Perhaps it would behoove us all to heed it.

Amen?

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 30:
Wisdom and Understanding.
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Pr 9:10

28.jpg
The writer/author who expresses what is written in verses 2-3 IS quite wise to have the insight to realize that He has NOT learned wisdom, is "brutish", and does NOT have knowledge of God's holy-ness. It indicates that just by this admission, and his honesty regarding it, that he is SEEKING wisdom and understanding. And THAT is very WISE.

"Surely I am more brutish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man. I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy." ~Proverbs 30:2-3

proverbs-true-wisdom-400x400-v2.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SWIll

Newish
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟116,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pr 30:33
For as churning cream produces butter, and as twisting the nose produces blood, so stirring up anger produces strife. NIV

Sometimes life is simpler when you realize "there is none righteous, no not one" and stay out of people's squabbles.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Pr 30:33
For as churning cream produces butter, and as twisting the nose produces blood, so stirring up anger produces strife. NIV

Sometimes life is simpler when you realize "there is none righteous, no not one" and stay out of people's squabbles.

Amen. I agree. It reminds me of the verse comparing starting strife, etc. to grabbing a stray dog by the ears.

It's foolish and the grabber-of-the-ears will surely be bitten.

Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 30:
Telling "stories".
AKA: Liar liar, pants on fire.

i've heard a few speakers as of late, telling stories, "weaving" them if you will, about what Jesus said or didn't say and/or giving their "interpretations" of what Jesus "meant". And anyone who is "familiar" with what Jesus "said" (God's Word) will have no alternative but to come to the conclusion that these speakers are weaving "myths" of their own making, and having the audacity to claim they are from Jesus Christ, through His Word.

Their assumption must be that their audience/congregation is NOT in the least familiar with, and/or does not read God's Word for themselves?

As it is written, to do so (put words in Christ's mouth/make-it-up-as-you-go-along), deems that one that is doing so, a "liar".

And that's exactly what it is:

Lying.

The audience/congregation is just as culpable for not being familiar/reading God's Word, and being only too eager to lap up the speaker's lies as if it's "milk".

Naivete' is no excuse.

WE are to read/take in/ABSORB God's Word OURSELVES. As a matter of fact, i was listening to a message this morning about "delighting" in God's Word. Jesus said that His sheep "know" His voice. And that's true. He "speaks" through His Word. That is why we are to delve into it. When we do, we will recognize any "voice" that is not His and is, in fact, the very antithesis of it.

It's called "discernment".

And "discernment" is a GOOD thing.

And "discernment" is given to His sheep to (hear) "recognize His voice".

And they do.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." ~Jn 10:27-28

PROVERBS 30 Do not add to God's Words.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 30:

Fear.

When one "fears the Lord", he is akin to the lion described in this verse (at the bottom of the page), that does not turn back from any. For in fearing the Lord, there is no fear of "ANY or ANYONE" else. When one fears the Lord, it is not possible to be a coward. For God truly DOES implant in His own, to be "bold as a lion".

This verse comes to mind:

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion." ~Pr 28:1

PROVERBS 30.jpg

Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar” (Pro 30:5-6 KJV).

The Word of God is eternally true and above man’s comprehension without the indwelling Holy Spirit sent to us to be our Teacher in all things spiritual and holy. How is it that mere man dares to sit as it’s judge and critic? The Word of God is God’s Word on paper. It is sealed with His promise to preserve His Word unto all generations, and He tells us that His Word is even above His name.

I find it utterly amazing that most of the “higher critics” of the Bible are themselves unredeemed men that denied many of the essential doctrines of the Bible. How is it possible that men, devoid of the Holy Spirit, should assume the responsibility to correct and manipulate the Bible to fit into their theological system—when the primary requirement for even understanding John 3:16 is that very same Spirit Whom they know not of?

Man has been playing a dangerous game with God for centuries, but it really become manifest in the 1800’s with the onset of German rationalism and the discovery of Egyptian copies of the Word in St. Catherine’s monastery by Count Tischendorf. Since that time, man has been the final authority over the Final Authority, and has threatened man with many woes as a result.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book” (Rev 22:18-19 KJV).

In order to ignore these dire warnings from God, the ‘critics’, have deemed the Book of Revelation to be nothing more than parabolic allegory and completely figurative. “There,” they assume, “God can’t touch me now!”

But what about the very next verse in our passage today? Is Proverbs also figurative?

Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar” (vs. 6).

But, as it is necessary to have two or three witness to a matter, shall we see that Moses had something to say on the issue as well?

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you” (Deu 4:2 KJV).

I know the view that the Word of God is perfect and that it is preserved unto all generations is not a popular position, but somehow I believe that standing with God in this is the better option.

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve . . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD” (Jos 24:15 KJV).

Father, You have asked us to believe some pretty incredible things in our Christian experience. Why should it seem any more difficult to simply take you at Your word about Your Word? Can we understand it? No more than we can understand all that happened the instant we accepted You as our personal Saviour. But, Lord, all I really have to prove I’m saved is my Bible. If that Book is riddled with error and allegory, as man say, then I have nothing. But I know in whom I have believed, and I am persuaded! Guide as we stand on the truth of Your Word. Amen.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar” (Pro 30:5-6 KJV).

The Word of God is eternally true and above man’s comprehension without the indwelling Holy Spirit sent to us to be our Teacher in all things spiritual and holy. How is it that mere man dares to sit as it’s judge and critic? The Word of God is God’s Word on paper. It is sealed with His promise to preserve His Word unto all generations, and He tells us that His Word is even above His name.

I find it utterly amazing that most of the “higher critics” of the Bible are themselves unredeemed men that denied many of the essential doctrines of the Bible. How is it possible that men, devoid of the Holy Spirit, should assume the responsibility to correct and manipulate the Bible to fit into their theological system—when the primary requirement for even understanding John 3:16 is that very same Spirit Whom they know not of?

Man has been playing a dangerous game with God for centuries, but it really become manifest in the 1800’s with the onset of German rationalism and the discovery of Egyptian copies of the Word in St. Catherine’s monastery by Count Tischendorf. Since that time, man has been the final authority over the Final Authority, and has threatened man with many woes as a result.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book” (Rev 22:18-19 KJV).

In order to ignore these dire warnings from God, the ‘critics’, have deemed the Book of Revelation to be nothing more than parabolic allegory and completely figurative. “There,” they assume, “God can’t touch me now!”

But what about the very next verse in our passage today? Is Proverbs also figurative?

Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar” (vs. 6).

But, as it is necessary to have two or three witness to a matter, shall we see that Moses had something to say on the issue as well?

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you” (Deu 4:2 KJV).

I know the view that the Word of God is perfect and that it is preserved unto all generations is not a popular position, but somehow I believe that standing with God in this is the better option.

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve . . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD” (Jos 24:15 KJV).

Father, You have asked us to believe some pretty incredible things in our Christian experience. Why should it seem any more difficult to simply take you at Your word about Your Word? Can we understand it? No more than we can understand all that happened the instant we accepted You as our personal Saviour. But, Lord, all I really have to prove I’m saved is my Bible. If that Book is riddled with error and allegory, as man say, then I have nothing. But I know in whom I have believed, and I am persuaded! Guide as we stand on the truth of Your Word. Amen.

Amen and amen!! How timely this message is. These Bible verses you posted are profound. God help us as the battle rages to rip God's Word apart, as attempts are continually made to render it null and void.

However, God is also crystal clear as it is written here:

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar;" ~Rom 3:4

And this verse that you posted is spot on:

“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar” ~Pro 30:5-6

This has blessed me, brother. Thank you for posting it.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I have used the signature on some of those Bible corrector websites, and got some pretty good responses from people that are confused but looking for the right answers.

What do Bible correctors and Mormons have in common?
Article #8 of the Mormon Articles of Faith:
"We believe the Bible to be the Word of God in so far as it is translated correctly."

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 30:

A Riddle.

God asks a profound and deep-treasure of a riddle here. It can easily be "speed-read-ed" over and thus completely not noticed nor "seen". Yet it's a pivotal verse with a "hidden treasure" right in it. It should "stop us in our tracks" as we read it.

It's THIS one (the last sentence/question):

"Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?" ~Pr 30:4

Right here, the question is asking about Who GOD, our Creator is, and then asks His Son's name.

This is profound. It's an entire study in itself, and i gotta say, what a delightful riddle God has given us, amen?

When we delight in God's Word and the "riddles" He has within it, He will do as it is written in this verse, and open all kinds of treasures before us, as we "dig" for them (for "digging for them" is the equivalent to "calling out to Him"). And as is promised in this verse, He will SURELY answer:

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jere 33:3

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 30:

Keeping it simple.
AKA: "Ousting" Greed.

Asking God for just what we need is VERY WISE. In this verse below, it is elaborated on WHY it is WISE.

Let's decipher our "desires" under God's guidance and wisdom and by His unction, whittle down what is a "want" and not a "need". And let's be THANKFUL for how He DOES provide for us, and how He DOES meet our genuine "needs".

Amen?

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 30:

Pride.
AKA: "Haughtiness".

"There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness. There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up. There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men." ~Pr 30:12-14

This comes to mind:

"Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one's heart, its pleasures and its pain, to a dear friend. Tell Him your troubles, that He may comfort you; tell Him your joys, that He may sober them; tell Him your longings, that He may purify them; tell Him your dislikes, that He may help you to conquer them; talk to Him of your temptations, that He may shield you from them; show Him the wounds of your heart, that He may heal them; lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability. Tell Him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and others.

If you thus pour out all your weaknesses, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject. It is continually being renewed. People who have no secrets from each other never want for subject of conversation. They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back; neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of the heart, without consideration they say just what they think. Blessed are they who attain to familiar, unreserved intimacy with God." ~Francois Fene'lon

iu

Upvote 0