Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: In reading Proverbs 3 today, it was as if the entire chapter stood out for me, every verse. My Bible had references to other places in my Bible with nearly every verse i read. It was wondrous. God is gloriously precious and infinitely wise, isn't He? There was a simultaneous healing and clarity that emerged as i continued reading, and a delight of His precious Word, that filled my heart, mind, and soul (in a abysmally despairing mode yesterday i prayed for this, and also this morning) Yesterday was abysmal (<------------ as is my trying to spell this word...how come there aren't two "s"'s in it?) :doh: :swoon:

So back to this 3rd chapter of Proverbs...it is infinitely delightful, and God had me chasin' after Him as i read all the references with each verse hahaaaaa

He's a delightful God, isn't He?

Here's a verse that sums up how God ministered to me through the reading of Proverbs 3 today and reminded me that He surely guides ev'ry step i take:

Seek-His-Will.jpg

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 3, this verse stood out for me:

:heart: This is a wunnerful blessing of a verse, especially for someone like me, who's had insomnia in many forms along with an inability to tell me mind to go ta sleep hahaaa...it just wouldn't "turn off" :swoon:

But THIS verse is a PROMISE from our God Who NEVER EVER lies, and Who giveth His beloved sleep.

"He giveth his beloved sleep." ~Psalm 127:2

Precious.

proverbs_3_24--close-492x492.jpg

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs: 3
3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you!
Tie them around your neck as a reminder.
Write them deep within your heart.
4 Then you will find favor with both God and people,
and you will earn a good reputation.

proverbs3_3-4.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 3:

Trusting God.

This verse just reminds me of how we are to TRUST our God, just like a little child trusts their loving father. It's the same kind of trust that Corrie Ten Boom had for God, all along her journey here on earth. We are to put our hand in His, just like in the picture. THAT is the challenge that He holds before us. For to become "child-like" one must put their "own" wisdom aside, and trust HIS instead, just as a small child would, leaning on HIS wisdom, and not ours. And as i think about it, perhaps this is the hardest lesson to learn.

trust-in-the-lord.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
11 My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor detest His correction;
12 For whom the Lord loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights.

25 Do not be afraid of sudden terror,
Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes;
26 For the Lord will be your confidence,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This verse just reminds me of how we are to TRUST our God, just like a little child trusts their loving father. It's the same kind of trust that Corrie Ten Boom had for God, all along her journey here on earth. We are to put our hand in His, just like in the picture. THAT is the challenge that He holds before us. For to become "child-like" one must put their "own" wisdom aside, and trust HIS instead, just as a small child would, leaning on HIS wisdom, and not ours. And as i think about it, perhaps this is the hardest lesson to learn.
Yes, corrie had a wonderful trust

25 Do not be afraid of sudden terror,
Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes;
26 For the Lord will be your confidence,
I appreciate these verses so much, W2L

My child, never forget the things I have taught you.
Store my commands in your heart.
2 If you do this, you will live many years,
and your life will be satisfying.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, corrie had a wonderful trust

I appreciate these verses so much, W2L

My child, never forget the things I have taught you.
Store my commands in your heart.
2 If you do this, you will live many years,
and your life will be satisfying.
You're welcome, and thank you as well. :)

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Trust in the LORD with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Prov. 3:5-6.
I try to let this be a guide for my life. :)

"Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD and shun evil." Prov. 3:7.
This verse really stood out to me in that I feel like I've been trying to do this for a while now, and am just now realizing in the Bible where it tells me to do so. It's the little blessings that make my day :).

"My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in." Prov. 3:11-12.
Oftentimes, I feel like God is trying to discipline, and I/we reject his attempts to teach us because, as humans, we don't like being disciplined. However, God disciplines those he loves, so I hope that next time God is disciplining me about something, I'll remember this.

"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act." v. 27
This one also stood out to me. I feel like a lot of times we don't help those who are in need when they are right in front of us and we CAN help them because we think "Oh, someone else will help." No, we need to help too. We can be a difference if we would just do good to those around us when we can.

God bless.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"Trust in the LORD with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Prov. 3:5-6.
I try to let this be a guide for my life. :)

"Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD and shun evil." Prov. 3:7.
This verse really stood out to me in that I feel like I've been trying to do this for a while now, and am just now realizing in the Bible where it tells me to do so. It's the little blessings that make my day :).

"My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in." Prov. 3:11-12.
Oftentimes, I feel like God is trying to discipline, and I/we reject his attempts to teach us because, as humans, we don't like being disciplined. However, God disciplines those he loves, so I hope that next time God is disciplining me about something, I'll remember this.

"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act." v. 27
This one also stood out to me. I feel like a lot of times we don't help those who are in need when they are right in front of us and we CAN help them because we think "Oh, someone else will help." No, we need to help too. We can be a difference if we would just do good to those around us when we can.

God bless.

Amen. This has been on my heart very heavily in the last few days. Those right in front of us, are waiters, cashiers, the guy laying there in a heap o' clothes or blankets on the sidewalk, and that drug dealer/consumer of drugs on that street corner, etc.

I was listening to a radio program this morning, and it was about a ministry in India. India has very cold, freezing climates in its northern most regions (which i was not aware of) and these are some of the poorest, poorest people in the world, and there is also rampant child trafficking there. Even tho' i was irritated with James Dobson (don't ask LOL) i was thankful he had two speakers on his program that spoke on all of this.

Oh, God is GOOD. Praise Him for His dear heart, full of grace that overflows all onto and through us, and it just continues flowing....

like a river...

of grace.

Amen.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
His secret is with the upright

3 Let not mercy and truth forsake you;
Bind them around your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart,

32 For the perverse person is an abomination to the Lord,
But His secret counsel is with the upright.

Upvote 0