Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
ProFOUND words!!!

They're right in sync with these verses:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." ~Pr 3:5-6

Amen!!!

• Agree
Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 3:

A Lighted Path.

God surely DOES guide our very steps, and He lights the way before us, and that is through His Word.

This comes to mind:

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." ~Ps 119:105

PROVERBS 3.jpg

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth” (Proverbs 3:11-12 KJV).

The same Lord that warns us to correct our children is the same Lord that will take us to the woodshed when necessary, because we all know that we need it from time to time just to remind us that we are to live by God’s standard, and not our own. It is so easy to become haughty and condescending to others, as though somehow, we were not a sinner saved by grace, just as they are.

God has a marvelous tool that He keeps close at hand for just such an occasion. In fact, even David, the shepherd had one as well. We see it in a very well-known verse in our Bibles, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me” (Psalms 23:4 KJV). It is the shepherd’s staff.

On one end of the staff was a crook which the shepherd would use to guide a sheep back onto the path if he strays from it. A shepherd might have a very large number of sheep and he is responsible to see that his charges only graze in open pasture, and not in some farmer’s grain. In fact, he was financially responsible if his sheep damaged the grain either by eating it or trampling upon it. Each farm had footpaths that led through their land, and it was up to the shepherd to see that his sheep did not stray from it.

Sometimes a lamb might have a mind of its own and defy the shepherd and ignore the crook of the staff. On the other end of the staff was a point which the shepherd would use by jabbing the sheep—giving it enough discomfort to teach it that it is needs to stay on the path. When that doesn’t work, the shepherd also has a sling, but that is the subject for another day.

And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth” (Hebrews 12:5-6 KJV).

God’s chastening is actually quite wonderful. Sad is the man that never feels the sting of God’s chastening. This is so because the Lord never whups the Devil’s kids. When we feel God nudging us back on the path through our conscience or feel the pointy end of His staff by being overcome by the feeling of a distance between us and our Saviour—sin separates—and sin will break our close fellowship with God, we know that we are God’s kids. A lost man will never feel that emptiness, because he has nothing to compare true closeness with God to. The passage in Hebrews continues:

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons” (Hebrews 12:7-8 KJV). A very strong verse with a very harsh message, but a necessary one.

Be thankful, my Christian friend, that God chastens us with a gentle rod, for it is our parent’s rod that helps to get us saved, it is the pastor’s rod that encourages us, and it is the Lord’s rod that helps to keep us straight. But thank God that because of these we will never know the rod of iron that will be used one day on the lost.

Father, we thank You for Your love, a love so great that You keep us from straying into the Devil’s grain. Help us to maintain a good, tender conscience so that we know when we are starting to drift and use You staff whenever it is needed. Amen.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 3:

Loving devotion to the will of God.
AKA: The blessings given to those who love God.
AKA: TRUSTING God.

When we TRUST God, it BLESSES and DELIGHTS His very heart. He SEEKS those who WILL trust Him, just as He did with Abraham.

The bottom line, is that the reason God called Abram, who He re-named Abraham, His "friend", is because Abraham BELIEVED Him.

Consequently He "trusted" God. For it is impossible to "trust" One we don't "believe" to be Who He says He is.

The bottom line, is that Abraham's "believing" God, BLESSED God's heart.

Isn't that our aim as well, to BLESS and DELIGHT God's very heart?

How ELSE would we even care to be lovingly devoted to God's will?

And we can only seek to bless and delight God's heart if we LOVE Him.

Amen?

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 3:

Trusting God.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." ~Pr 3:5-6

When we trust God, as a small child would trust their loving Father, we BLESS God's heart, and we thus DELIGHT Him.

It prompts Him to rejoice over us with "singing". Now i can NOT fathom this. Only in my spirit can i "grasp" it, because it is, in my current "state" un-fathomable, or "inexplicable" because i cannot "explain" it. Only my spirit rejoices. And THAT is just inexplicable.

How does one "explain" it from this "darkened glass" that i currently "see through" and only "partially", as it blocks the full "seeing" and "hearing" a God Who "rejoices over me with SINGING", of ALL things?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." ~I Cor 13:12

Yet my spirit KNOWS this full well.

And rejoices.

It is a very WISE thing to trust this God, Who rejoices over us with SINGING.

Amen?

C9itdzJVYAAsSE9.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 3:

Direction.

God WILL guide our very feet if we we seek Him first, in ALL that we do. He quite literally, "lights our path" before us. When we "establish" our "foot steps" before Him, and ask His "blessing" in all that we do, and THANK Him for ALL that He does, He WILL guide our every step, and He will walk before us, clearing the very unique path that He planned for us since before the foundation of the world. We will be right smack in the middle of His will for us.

Is there a BETTER place to be?

How DELIGHTFUL and REASSURING is THAT??!!!

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." ~Pr 3:5-6

(By the way, up there in the above verse, "acknowledge" means to "include" and not "ignore" Him, which we all have a tendency to do, me included LOL! )

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 3:

Trusting and BELIEVING God.

When we bow down to God, and relinquish our own "wills" to HIS will, and thereby testifying that HE is God, and that we are NOT God, it indicates that He is ALREADY gifting us with wisdom and discernment. We are acknowledging that we "fear the Lord".

THIS is what is meant by "knowing God", and of whom Jesus said that He "knows".

iu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 3:

The Wise Path.

We have so many choices in our life, each and every day. Rather than shoot off, like an arrow with no direction, we are admonished to seek God and to seek HIS wisdom and direction for the day.

WE can NOT trust our OWN hearts in anything, for our hearts are deceitful above all things. We are not even aware of it most of the time when the enemy is whispering his evil, but compelling "ideas" into our hearts, and we, without God's guidance, "fall" for it, and there we go, shooting off like an arrow with no direction, which is the epitome of being without wisdom, discernment, and discretion. By golly, it's like "trouble, here we come, whee!!!"

It's like running towards a cliff and jumping off in glee.

I think it's time to seek God's face in the morning and listen as hE surely "speaks to us" through His Word, amen?

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 3:

Trusting God.

Lord i believe. Help my unbelief.

We are to trust in God unwaveringly, like a small child trusts their loving father, with NO "doubts" in their heart. It is THIS kind of trust and transparency of heart that Jesus was referring to when He said that "of such" is the Kingdom of Heaven.

A smile child has no guile or "hidden" parts of their hearts that is "closed off" to God. it's this simplicity of heart that is so precious to God.

Let's trust God with ALL of our hearts, not just partially, amen?

May we say and pray, like the father in the New Testament said to Jesus:

Lord i believe. Help my unbelief:

"And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." ~Mark 9:24

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
More than “trust in the Lord”….(a paraphrase)

1-2 Don’t forget (memorize) and obey scripture for a blessed life and prosperity from God.

3-4 Embrace love and faithfulness to God and others, and he will favor you, and people will too.

5-6 Trust in the Lord--always, even when things don’t make any sense. Always put him first in everything and he will direct you-- always.

7-8 Don’t trust yourself (don’t get cocky), stay away from bad and evil things in respect for God. He will give your good health and satisfaction.

9-10 First give your best to God, and he will always take care of you in everything you need abundantly. Jn 10:10, John 7:38

11-12 When God corrects you, go with it.(Never blame God for anything!) He does so in pure agape love (he loves you more than you can realize) Heb 12:9

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wisdom - part 3 (a paraphrase)

13 Your blessed if you find Wisdom who gives understanding. 14 She’s bank! More than gold or silver. 15 More than rubies, or anything you desire. 16 She holds long life, and wealth. 17 Her direction is pleasant and peaceful. 18 A tree of life she is. Hold her and be blessed.

19 By wisdom God built the earth and heavens. 20 The oceans were divided, and clouds brought rain by his know how.

21 My son, use divine sense and choices, keep your eye on these.

22. They are alive, decorating your life. 23 They give safety and rest.

24 Lay down without fear. Your sleep will be peaceful.

25 Don’t fear sudden disaster or ruin as the criminal.

26 Cause the Lord is your trust and will keep you safe.

27 Help those who deserve help, when you can.

28. Don’t say “later” when you can help now.

29. Be nice to your neighbors, who live near you.

30. Don’t accuse without reason. Especially someone innocent.

31. Don’t admire violence, or follow it.

32. God doesn't like evildoers, but trusts in his children.

33. The Lord’s blessing is away from godless homes, but on the believers house.

34. God mocks mockers but is gracious to the lowly.

35. Wisdom learned is honored, but fools will be shamed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: In reading Proverbs 3 today, it was as if the entire chapter stood out for me, every verse. My Bible had references to other places in my Bible with nearly every verse i read. It was wondrous. God is gloriously precious and infinitely wise, isn't He? There was a simultaneous healing and clarity that emerged as i continued reading, and a delight of His precious Word, that filled my heart, mind, and soul (in a abysmally despairing mode yesterday i prayed for this, and also this morning) Yesterday was abysmal (<------------ as is my trying to spell this word...how come there aren't two "s"'s in it?) :doh: :swoon:

So back to this 3rd chapter of Proverbs...it is infinitely delightful, and God had me chasin' after Him as i read all the references with each verse hahaaaaa

He's a delightful God, isn't He?

Here's a verse that sums up how God ministered to me through the reading of Proverbs 3 today and reminded me that He surely guides ev'ry step i take:

Seek-His-Will.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 3:

How very BLESSED we are that we can seek God in His Word, and, as it were, "seek His face" in doing so. It is written that when we seek His face, we WILL "find Him", for He LOVES those who love Him, and thus "seek His face. through His Word.

When we love, and thus delight in Him, we DO as it is written in Proverbs 3:4-6, and "lean NOT on our OWN understanding, but in ALL our ways ACKNOWLEDGE Him", and consequently HE shall direct our paths.

Amen!!! How utterly GLORIOUS is THAT????!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Pride.
In reading Proverbs 3, verse 7 stood out for me:

"Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil."

Here we have what God abhors, and that is to, in our own pride, do NOT "fear the Lord", and consequently, pompously put themselves and their own "wisdom" above God.

They have no regard or love for God at all. They are living out the very thing that was the downfall of Satan, and then Adam and Eve, and that is "pride".

It is subtle, and it is "deadly".

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs, Chapter 3.
These verses below, nas always, (they're two of my fav'rites) stood out for me. It's self-explanatory, isn't it? And sooooo profoundly clear on whaf it means to actually "walk with God".

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." --Pro 3:5-6

As i think on it, it's actually a demonstration of what is written in Micah, 6th chapter, 8th verse, isn't it?:

"He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" --Mic 6:8

Upvote 0