East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
yes, I agree... this is an amazing chapter!

proverbs-24-3-4.jpg

wow, I love it...deep Wisdom from the Lord.

proverbs24-16.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 24:

Envy.

iu
Amen. We have GOT to see the BIG PICTURE, and through GOD'S eyes, and not ours. The wicked do NOT "win" in the end, and they cannot take ANYTHING with them. They merely return to the dust from whence they came.

And after that, the judgement.

In essence, the wicked are quite literally, "dead men walking"; "dust in the wind", if you will, and deaf and blind to their fate.

How tragic.

iu

iu

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 24:

Refreshing others.

Parched_10-Ti.jpg
To bless others, and/or to be a lifter of their head, or to "rescue"/"protect" them from downright evil indicates a heart right with God. God sees the heart and ALL the "intents" of it. God sees also when we turn our head, leaving these ones to be harmed or devoured, so to speak, by evil.

"If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not the render to every man according to his works?" ~Prov 24:11-12

It IS true. When we "refresh" our weary brothers and sisters, it is like giving them a cool and refreshing drink of water in a dry and parched desert. It genuinely blesses them and is a "lifting of their weary head", so to speak. To not do so, is like kicking dust in their face.

When we "refresh" others, God SURELY refreshes us. And it returns to us ten-fold, at the very least.

Amen.

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." ~Matt 25:34-40

iu

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 24:

Clarity.

It is of the utmost, and yes, crucial importance to seek clarity from God, to "see" all things from His perspective. It is how we are able to see the "big picture", including the tragedy of those on an evil and willful path that seeks evil only, and not good, and spurns God, after hearing of His grace and His "Remedy".

Little do they know that the greatest evil of all will befall them ultimately. They will, if unrepentant, be on a path that leads to a point of "no return", where there is no remedy.

How tragic is that?

"He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." ~Pr 29:1

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 24:
Getting back up.
Although righteous men may stumble, and sometimes fall, simply because along this earthly journey, there are snares and pits and quick sand and mine fields ev'ry where, God ultimately will lift this righteous man up again. He does not stay down. For God knows the heart, and this righteous man has a HEART for God. God refers to these men as the "wise-hearted".

Praise God for His inexplicable grace.

Amen?

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 24:

God's own recompense.

When evil or nastiness or ig'nance is done unto us, we need not think that God is blind to it or doesn't care. He's not deaf and dumb to our injuries. He sees EVERY tear that we cry. He does not turn His head from us and the horrors that we've endured, nor the injustices.

His recompense is only a matter of "time", "His timing", that justice will be done and it will be out of our hands. He mooooves on His own. He doesn't need "our" help.

As we "let go, and let God", he BLESSES us with HIS perspective on it, and His peace, and He releases us from the prison of the festering of the "unforgiveness" and "resentfulness" and sometimes the "obsessing" of the wrong done to us.

His recompense is SURE, and DOES occur, according to HIS timing, and not "ours".

Therefore, there is no need to obsess about how to "get back" at the wrong done to us. To stay "stuck" there is a prison, not only for the one who did us wrong, but for us too.

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." ~Ps 27:14

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 24:
(This bears repeating.)
Rescue the perishing.

These powerful and profound verses stood out for me.

Precious.

Amen.

"If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?" ~Proverbs 24:11-12

8070670252_44d8fbe674_z.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 24:

A Blessed House.
AKA: A House that "Fears the Lord".
AKA: A House of Wisdom.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Pr 9:10

God's blessings are all in and outside of a house that is "founded" on God. A wise person knows this and blesses their house, their household and all in the household, and is THANKFUL and PRAISES God for His protection and His provision.

A house, dedicated to God, along with all the inhabitants, is BLESSED indeed.

This, in essence, describes the "hedge of protection" that was spoken of in the book of Job. God surrounds us and our households, in essence, with a "hedge of protection" as our households honor Him.

May all of our households be established in, and dedicated to, our God.

PROVERBS 24.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SWIll

Newish
Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟109,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pr 25:19 'Don't be agitated by evildoers, and don't envy the wicked. For the evil have no future; the lamp of the wicked will be put out.'
HCSB
This reminds me to be content with what I have, and to keep good company. Good advice anytime!

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Pr 25:19 'Don't be agitated by evildoers, and don't envy the wicked. For the evil have no future; the lamp of the wicked will be put out.'
HCSB
This reminds me to be content with what I have, and to keep good company. Good advice anytime!

i agree. It's a very timely reminder for me too. :)

Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0

SWIll

Newish
Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟109,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pr 24:30-34
"I went past the field of a sluggard, past the vineyard of someone who had no sense; thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins. I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw: A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest-and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man." NIV

Self explanatory. Reminds to watch and care for what I have and be grateful.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SWIll

Newish
Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟109,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Bears repeating. Amen.
Pr 24:30-34
"I went past the field of a sluggard, past the vineyard of someone who had no sense; thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins. I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw: A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest-and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man." NIV

Self explanatory. Reminds to watch and care for what I have and be grateful.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 24:

Deadly silence.

Silence in the midst of evil and bloodshed of the innocent is a complicit "participation" in this abomination which is listed as one of the seven abominations that God abhors.

"Rescue those who are being taken away to death;
hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter." ~Pr 24:11

PROVERBS 24 those who do not defend the helpless from evil.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small" (Pro 24:10 KJV).

Often as we read the Bible and run across a verse like this, we immediately start wondering what we are doing wrong and how we can change our lives so as to not be weak when things get tough. Sometimes the answer is not in us at all, but in something else. In this case, it is in our Saviour . . . as truly most answers are.

Paul boldly proclaimed that, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Php 4:13 KJV).

But in my opinion, that statement would be impossible to understand without the preceding verse:

"I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need" (Php 4:11-12 KJV). Paul learned contentment, which is not an easy thing to learn--especially for those of us living in a country like America, where things are in abundance. Paul learned that "Godliness with contentment is great gain" (ITi 6:6).

Paul learned some lessons in life, and one of them is that in himself he is nothing, but with or in Christ he is everything.

Jesus Christ is the God-Man. We could illustrate His humanity with a pencil, which a child can break with a finger, and His Godhood with an iron bar which takes more strength than most men have to even bend. If we take that weak pencil and that strong iron and bind them together with duct tape--we have a very poor illustration of the God-Man. Weakness and strength in the same. The pencil, attached to the rod, assumes the strength of that rod. In Christ, the believer takes on the strength of His Saviour. That is the One that lives within us. This is our strength, so that we can face any trial, or any adversity, knowing that "all things work together for good," because our Saviour is using even those to prepare us.

If any are unsure whether they have a right to heaven, regard the fact that even in this Jesus Christ understands and has worked even that out!

"For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly" (Rom 5:6 KJV).

Why?

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Rom 5:8 KJV).

Lord, teach us not to fear. Help us understand that you are Lord on the mountains and You are Lord in the valleys. In the days of peace, and in the days of adversity, You are still the same, and You are good, all the time. Amen.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
POWERFUL and thought-provoking message. The example of the pencil and the iron, is so profound:
The pencil, attached to the rod, assumes the strength of that rod. In Christ, the believer takes on the strength of His Saviour.
Thank you and God bless you, and merry Christmas. :)

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 24:

Falling and stumbling.

Yes, we may stumble and fall, and it may seem that others that don't give God a second glance and are downright wicked and evil are standing and prospering as they continue an agenda that is evil and striving for even more wicked agendas.

Yet it is written, that yes, we may stumble and fall, but we will always get back up, by the power of God Himself, Who is our Strength, and the Lifter of our heads, and our Protector and Defender.

The bottom line is that yes, we may stumble and fall, but we won't STAY there.

We will rise again.

Amen.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 24:

A Blessed Foundation.

Our very "foundations", when built on Christ Himself, and when HE is the Foundation, are on solid "Rock" and stable and safe from all the storms that may attempt to assail us. Blessings, favor, and honor are woven throughout the foundation and fabric of our homes where the living God has pre-eminence and where He reigns.

iu

Upvote 0