Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus made it even more awkward :) ...
not only work six days,
but work for whoever you work for as if working for Jesus Himself
even
if it is a harsh taskmaster.....
Yes, but Jesus also worked good on the sabbath, so if we follow the acts 4 example we can work 7 days a week.

Acts 4:32 All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
and save them from death.
Amein! as 'train up a child in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not depart from it' .... (won't get into pagan and desructrive, lying, harmful lives and /or practices) ...

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, but Jesus also worked good on the sabbath, so if we follow the acts 4 example we can work 7 days a week.

Acts 4:32 All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had.
Note the difference in Jesus doing what is good/ healing/ life
vs working for a wage to pay bills.
Even in the Old Testament
even the priests
could do their work on the Sabbath. (as YHWH says)
and they did.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Note the difference in Jesus doing what is good/ healing/ life
vs working for a wage to pay bills.
Even in the Old Testament
even the priests
could do their work on the Sabbath. (as YHWH says)
What about acts 4? If we followed that example, wouldnt we be doing good every day, even if we worked every day?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What about acts 4? If we followed that example, wouldnt we be doing good every day, even if we worked every day?
What about ACTS 4, all of ACTS even, and the rest of the NT too,
we are supposed to be doing good every day, living abiding in Christ,
healing others, encouraging others, helping our neighbors as needed any day, sharing all things willingly and spontaneously (not by rules) because all things belong to YHWH and HE is the Provider of everything.... every day....

• Prayers
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What about ACTS 4, all of ACTS even, and the rest of the NT too,
we are supposed to be doing good every day, living abiding in Christ,
healing others, encouraging others, helping our neighbors as needed any day, sharing all things willingly and spontaneously (not by rules) because all things belong to YHWH and HE is the Provider of everything.... every day....
That sounds like acts 4 to me. :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
12 Apply your heart to instruction < i.e. Scripture >
and your ears to words of knowledge. <i.e. Jesus >

17 Do not let your heart envy sinners,
but always be zealous for the fear of the Lord. < AMEIN! >
18 There is surely a future hope for you,
and your hope will not be cut off.

19 Listen, my son, and be wise,
and set your heart on the right path: < Always ! >
23 Buy the truth and do not sell it— < at all costs ! >
wisdom, instruction and insight as well. <from God>
24 The father of a righteous child has great joy; <Amein! >
a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him. <HalleluYAH!>

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God SEES our hearts. He looks past all the pretense and show, and sees what's really in there.
The Word of God , Jesus , came so eliminate the pretense and snow.

He cuts right through it all ...... to separate it or to expose it.

To heal those He calls and chooses for life.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 23:

Discipline.

Loving parents are wise and courageous. They dare to discipline their children to halt the development of bad character, even if it is not popular to do so in their current culture.
Proverbs-23-13-14-Poster.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="W2L"]Yes, but Jesus also worked good on the sabbath, so if we follow the acts 4 example we can work 7 days a week.

[/QUOTE
QUOTE="W2L]What about acts 4? If we followed that example, wouldnt we be doing good every day, even if we worked every day?[/QUOTE

Maybe (hard to fathom),
maybe it cannot be done today-
oh, where it is done it works perfect,
but
where it has been done in the usa ended up being 'bulldozed*' by city, state, feds, or church 'gorvern-meant=evil' ..... like Joseph's brothers instead of recognizing YHWH'S blessing were jealous and envious and angry about it, so thought of killing him, then dropped him in an old well, then sold him, ["bulldozed"*]
to the caravan slave buyers from Egypt ....

Even though that is still happening today, < shrugs > wherever,
it is also still as
YHWH says - even though people meant it for evildoing,
YHWH meant it for His Own Glory and Purpose (to be seen).....

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
17 Do not let your heart envy sinners,
But be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day;
18 For surely there is a hereafter,
And your hope will not be cut off

Amen! THIS is soooo timely...and that is because it seems that ev'ry where ya' turn, the evil doers are just doing more and more....

it's very discouraging.

I have to even limit hearing the news.

It's at these times i've GOT to turn my attention back to my Rock and my Fortress, and the One Who fills me with His calm, and peace, and all of the burdens of this world just fade away.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amen! THIS is soooo timely...and that is because it seems that ev'ry where ya' turn, the evil doers are just doing more and more....

it's very discouraging.

I have to even limit hearing the news.

It's at these times i've GOT to turn my attention back to my Rock and my Fortress, and the One Who fills me with His calm, and peace, and all of the burdens of this world just fade away.
I know what you mean. It seems like everything in my life, even religion, has been a great disappointment. The Lord however, my Rock, is where i turn to when everything else has left me wanting. The Lord restores and keeps me focused on Him. No matter the hardship, the Lord is my strength and my peace.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
These verses are sorta' the same theme as the verses you posted above in post #51, W2L. In that we should not be enamored by riches or the one who has those riches and even covet what they serve at a banquet or dinner, but to be like Daniel who was not "moved" by the elegant meals set before him. (It doesn't mean that we cannot eat of those foods or avboid them like we're "allergic" to them, but to just take it in stride, if we partake and keep our perspective on what "real" riches are.....and those "real" riches are GOD'S riches that He bestows on us in the form of blessings and favor.) Therefore we would be just as thankful for our daily bread as for fancy king's banquet food.

It's about "balance".

Spiritual balance.

"When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee: And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite. Be not desirous of his dainties: for they aredeceitful meat. Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom. Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven." ~Proverbs 23:1-5

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I know what you mean. It seems like everything in my life, even religion, has been a great disappointment. The Lord however, my Rock, is where i turn to when everything else has left me wanting. The Lord restores and keeps me focused on Him. No matter the hardship, the Lord is my strength and my peace.

Amen. It is keeping our eyes on Him, that He can keep us from stepping into those storms of derision and tumult, or pull us back.

Thank God He DOES!

He is a GOOD Shepherd!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These verses are sorta' the same theme as the verses you posted above in post #51, W2L. In that we should not be enamored by riches or the one who has those riches and even covet what they serve at a banquet or dinner, but to be like Daniel who was not "moved" by the elegant meals set before him. (It doesn't mean that we cannot eat of those foods or avboid them like we're "allergic" to them, but to just take it in stride, if we partake and keep our perspective on what "real" riches are.....and those "real" riches are GOD'S riches that He bestows on us in the form of blessings and favor.) Therefore we would be just as thankful for our daily bread as for fancy king's banquet food.

It's about "balance".

Spiritual balance.

"When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee: And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite. Be not desirous of his dainties: for they aredeceitful meat. Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom. Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven." ~Proverbs 23:1-5
I agree. Its also good to be content with what we have. The Lord has been teaching me about covetousness and its pitfalls.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree. Its also good to be content with what we have. The Lord has been teaching me about covetousness and its pitfalls.

Yes! Exactly.

Same here. He is teaching me to be thankful for those things i had taken for granted not so long ago.

He is GOOD!!!

Praise His name!!! :clap:

• Prayers
Upvote 0