Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
? Don't remember editing...
Happy birthday! Having a cake?

Unless i'm mistaken, there was originally a post about forgiveness.

Thank you, yes, having cake.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 22:

Planting seeds.
dharti-agro-chemical-90x90.jpg
The Bible describes children as little arrows or "sprouts". What we "plant" in them takes deep root, and even if they "wander" from what we've "implanted" and nurtured in them, and they do even as the prodigal son did, they will do just as the prodigal son did. And that is to return again, for God will have been faithful in bringing him back not only to us, but to HIM. He IS faithful, isn't He?

"thy children like olive plants round about thy table." ~Psalm 128:3

We can trust our little sprouts and arrows to Him, ultimately.

We just faithfully plant and nurture those seeds, and God will surely do the rest.

How precious is THAT??!!

"Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them:" ~Psalm 127:5

iu

Last edited:
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 22:

Crushing the defenseless.

Throughout God's Word He has emphasized again and again and yet again, that no one is to stomp and crush and devastate the poor, the needy, and the helpless. We (God's own) are to be their "defenders" and to stand in their stead, and to speak out for those who cannot defend themselves, and those who have "no voice".

"Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy." ~Ps 82:3

"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked." ~Ps 82:4

iu

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
9 The generous will themselves be blessed,
for they share their food with the poor.
This is so true. I have both been the poor person receiving, and the generous person sometimes too. You do receive a blessing when you help the poor. Sometimes it is a hug, sometimes a smile, sometimes an unrelated (directly) but somehow loosely related blessing none the less!

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This is so true. I have both been the poor person receiving, and the generous person sometimes too. You do receive a blessing when you help the poor. Sometimes it is a hug, sometimes a smile, sometimes an unrelated (directly) but somehow loosely related blessing none the less!

Amen. I've been there too, and i will never forget those who were so generous and kind to me.

In turn, i give generously now too.

Reactions: SpiritSong
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 22:

A generous man (or woman).

When we give to the hungry, the struggling, and bless them, God will pour out blessings on us that cannot be numbered. In the giving, what is most precious to God, is when we give as if our left hand does not know what our right hand is doing. In other words, we give and then it's immediately "forgotten" about by us, because we are not "listing" what or how we give, or keeping "track" of it.

The bottom line is, that it all belongs to God anyway, doesn't it?

What comes to mind also, is what a preacher said recently. He asked if we would be willing to give back to God His blessings He poured out and gave to us.

That seems akin to the giving to those who are in need. When we give to the hungry, the struggling, the suffering, it is as if we are giving the blessings that HE poured out onto us, back to Him.

How precious is that?

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 22:

Generosity.

We bless not only the one we are being kind and generous to, but we bless God's very heart when we give, especially to those who cannot ever repay us.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 22:
(This bears repeating and a 2nd Amen.)

"Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate: For the LORD will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them." ~Proverbs 22:22-23

iu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Pr 9:9
"A generous person will be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor." HCSB

If you live long enough, you have been on both sides of this one.........

Ok, i was confused here...i see you posted verse Pr 22:9

Great verse, and it is absolutely true that those who are generous-heart-ed WILL be blessed. For it DELIGHTS God's own heart when we give generously, especially to those who can NEVER EVER give back.

It is right in sync with God loving a cheerful giver and giving so that your left hand does not know what your right hand is doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 22:

Defending the most defenseless.

It is written that if we turn a deaf ear to those being trampled and oppressed and "robbed" by the ones with more power and use it to hurt them, that we will not be heard either when we cry out for help.

We are to seek justice for those torn asunder, destroyed, and oppressed by those more powerful than they and who use that power for evil.

God help us if we don't.

"Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate: For the LORD will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them." ~Pr 22:22-23

296628_a702c35908edb6c7f378e56751bd5f90.jpg

Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee. Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" (Pro 22:19-21 KJV)

In the New Testament we are told that the purpose of the Scriptures are to equip the saints for the work of the ministry, all Christians are ministers. All saints have been given the ministry of reconciliation (2Cor 5:18-20).

In Acts 8, an Ethiopian Eunuch did not understand what he read, though it was from the salvation chapter of Isaiah chapter 53. He needed that a man be sent to him that could explain it all to him. That man was Philip.

In Acts 10, Cornelius had a vision of an angel that instructed him to send for Peter to show him the answer of what he sought--he was seeking for God, but needed a man to guide him. Notice that the angel could not explain salvation to a man for the angels of God do not know how (I Pet 1:12).

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear" (1Pe 3:15 KJV).

So, we learn from our passage in Proverbs today that the words of the book were given to equip the saints for the work of the ministry, sort of an Old Testament version of "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" (Eph 4:11-13 KJV).

Father, equip us so that we also may be able to explain why and how we were saved to whomsoever will may ask us, that we might have children, and even grand-children, in heaven. Amen.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 22:

This verse stood out for me. A good name, meaning a name rooted in righteousness, and reflecting that righteousness is precious, and should always be honoring to the living God, when anyone sees it.

Amen.

iu

Upvote 0