enroute
✟1,404,424.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
Thank God for His word. It can be trusted implicitly to light our pathway.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
i still find these verse delightfully profound in Proverbs 2:

verses 3-6

Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

it brings to mind for me "digging for hidden treasure"

160_F_57118108_EIgZgdstdr3IqcP1QueXw1vBhQksE9mI.jpg

Indeed. I think the Lord knows if we were to search for knowledge with the same tenacity, desire, lust even, as we do treasure or silver, we'll find it.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟188,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The verse that really stood out to me was verse 10. "When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul." I was really struck by the concept of knowledge being pleasant to a person's soul. I couldn't help but notice a similarity between this verse and the first few verses in the sermon on the mount, particularly '"blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness." I think that true faith in Christ always start with a desire or appetite for spiritual things. Sadly, the majority of people view spiritual things or experiences as a chore or obligation instead of a precious thing.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Going from Pro 1:7 which says:The fear of Adonai is the beginning of knowledge,

to Pro 2: My son, if you will receive my words and store my commands inside you, paying attention to wisdom
inclining your mind toward understanding — yes, if you will call for insight and raise your voice for discernment,
if you seek it as you would silver and search for it as for hidden treasure —

then you will understand the fear of Adonai and find knowledge of God.

and then in verse 9:

Then you will understand righteousness, justice,fairness and every good path.

So we have a formula here, if you do those things in verses 1-5 you will get this understanding

The Fear of the L-RD and the Knowledge of him which brings us understanding of righteousness, justice, fairness and every good thing, which is what G-d is.

Reactions: High Fidelity
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
8 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
9 Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path. - Proverbs 2

In Plato's Republic it shows the path of having the intellect of a baby all the way to having the intellect of a PhD. It is important to note...

1. In that there is much space between the divided line shows the educational process to understanding
2. Justice, virtue, and goodness are spiritual attributes that are above the educated mind.

The word equity is translated from the Hebrew yosher, which is very similar to the word kosher, which means fit, proper, correct. It is no wonder to me that Solomon brings justice into the picture as these attributes belong in the upper world.

DLine_zpszy6qdd9i.jpg

Upvote 0

SeekerOfChrist94

Grandma ♡ June 26, 1942 - January 10, 2017 5:32 pm
Apr 21, 2013
Texas
✟54,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Proverbs 2:5-6 "Then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."

Amen.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 2, these verses stood out for me:

3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
8 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
9 Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.

Especially verse 4, it reminds me of delving/digging fervently into His Word:

c4df1a82ad6d78bced2026dbfdba384c9d924ba3.jpg

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2 1-2
Every young man who listens to me and obeys my instructions will be given wisdom and good sense.
3-5 Yes, if you want better insight and discernment, and are searching for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure, then wisdom will be given you and knowledge of God himself; you will soon learn the importance of reverence for the Lord and of trusting him.

6 For the Lord grants wisdom! His every word is a treasure of knowledge and understanding.

467e86f4281c30f98dab41f783261308.jpg

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hard not to copy the whole chapter here... The benefits of wisdom...

10 When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
11 Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
12 To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things;
13 Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;
14 Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked;
15 Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:
16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
17 Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God.
18 For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead.
19 None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life.
20 That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.
21 For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it.
22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it. - Proverbs 2

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The verse that really stood out to me was verse 10. "When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul." I was really struck by the concept of knowledge being pleasant to a person's soul. I couldn't help but notice a similarity between this verse and the first few verses in the sermon on the mount, particularly '"blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness." I think that true faith in Christ always start with a desire or appetite for spiritual things. Sadly, the majority of people view spiritual things or experiences as a chore or obligation instead of a precious thing.

Yes, a "precious" thing is a desire for God. And the verse about hungering and thirsting after righteousness, this is very precious to God, and as promised in His Word, He WILL fill those who hunger and thirst after Him and His righteousness.

They will be EXCEEDINGLY blessed.

Precious.

Reminds me of this:

29937461609c9785faa3d6837273bf44.jpg

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

I am lost again just last month.

Proverbs made no sense to me.

Fear, gripped me.

I questioned.

Why?

Waiting out God, Finally things stated to make sense again, on February The 1st, with Proverbs 1.

God is a choice: 29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

A person must choose fear of The Lord.

God calls though.

I cannot have faith without Him giving it to me.

And, I did not call. No one calls on God; by God's own Word, that is said.

So now in Proverbs 1:29, I choose. Did I choose after the calling. Yes, it must have been so.

I actually remember the day.

Here in Proverbs two, after being called, and choosing, seems to be step two,,,to me.

It is seeking God's knowledge, which is wisdom to us, and we, I, all you who chose, fully and strongly, it seems.

Proverbs 2:2-4

So, it is to be called by God;
Then He gives grace, to some, the grace of faith;
Then I choose or not it seems;
Then I search and search.

Maybe that is what I was missing. It is how to understand all this.

I understand being called, because I was not looking, being given faith not choosing or deciding, then Proverbs 1 for choosing, Proverbs 2 for seeking.

Things of God are making more sense to me.

Are all things a gift, like it seems? Is The Our Father, even one gift after another like it seems?

If I was given, then what can I say of myself?

I am nothing, but have been given much.

Free will is here, in Proverbs 1:29, but God called first; I did not. It seems also, none else have called God first either. It says so, in That Book; The Bible.

Wonderful humility, starts again. I lost my way.

LOVE,

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 2, this verse stood out for me.

Man's ego/pride/willfulness convinces him that he knows best and this includes his perspective on God. He renders God to be a "sideline", on a "shelf" and not to dare interfere in HIS way, HIS will. God is an after thought. This, again, ties into the lack of the "fear of the Lord". He doesn't take God seriously. God is, in essence, a "joke", invisible, and called upon at the pleasure of man, and is the epitome of what God finds abominable.

Tragic.

21-2_ProverbsDaily.jpg

Upvote 0