Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 11:

Like a green leaf.

We are described as "like a green leaf" which represents "life" and "growing" and "thriving". We are God's own"sprouts" and He is our Gardener, Who cultivates and tenderly tends to us, as a GOOD Gardener does. It is because our "treasure" is not the temporary things of this world which will surely pass away.

HE Himself is our "treasure".

How precious is THAT??!!

iu

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 11:

Like a green leaf.

We are described as "like a green leaf" which represents "life" and "growing" and "thriving". We are God's own"sprouts" and He is our Gardener, Who cultivates and tenderly tends to us, as a GOOD Gardener does. It is because our "treasure" is not the temporary things of this world which will surely pass away.

HE Himself is our "treasure".

How precious is THAT??!!

iu
soooo beautiful

2feb77df8e495f8c00c1d66bcd3f416b--angel-oak-trees-charleston-south-carolina.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 11:

Refreshing others.

This bears repeating.

We are to be a "refresh-er" of others.

God promises that when we "refesh" others that we ourselves will be "refreshed".

Amen.

God bless those who "refresh" others.

iu

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 11:

Refreshing others.

This bears repeating.

We are to be a "refresh-er" of others.

God promises that when we "refesh" others that we ourselves will be "refreshed".

Amen.

God bless those who "refresh" others.

iu
...yes, and a boootiful picture!

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It is a GOOD thing that those who refresh others, be refreshed in return, amen?

To those who do not, there is something seriously a'miss.

God help us.

Let it rain.

"Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house." ~Pr 17:13

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 11:

For His own's sake.

This is true. I believe that the only reason the United States of America is still standing and hasn't gone down in a heap of dust and destruction, is because of God's mercy and His grace for the sake of those, His own, who LOVE Him, and PRAY fervently for this nation.

Amen.

PROVERBS 11.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 11:
Pride = Enemy of God.
AKA: Who does GOD "think" He is, to tell ME what to do?

We are inundated with it. Pride. As was the very originator of sin himself, as Lucifer, who is now Satan (adversary, one who "resists"). It was his achilles heel, just as it is ours.

As long as we are inundated with it, we are also "adversaries" to the living God.

"Pride" is the very epitome of why God sent His only begotten Son, here, to suffer, bleed, and die for us.

And it ALWAYS leads to destruction and death.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ~Jn 3:16

PROVERBS 11 pride.jpg

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom." Proverbs 11:2 (ESV).

It seems like there is a law in place that if you let pride enter into your heart and direct your actions, then you are setting yourself up for shame and disgrace. Reminds me of Psalm 37:35 "I have seen a wicked, ruthless man spreading himself like a green laurel tree. But he passed away, and behold, he was no more; though I sought him, he could not be found."

As states before Moses, a friend of the Lord and the leader of Israel, was the most meek man in the world. It is those who are humble, who are approved by God, that have the favor of the Lord and will be exalted.

I also appreciate the equating of wisdom with humility because I believe those who are humble are teachable. They know that they know not as they ought to know and so are willing and ready to learn.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom." Proverbs 11:2 (ESV).

It seems like there is a law in place that if you let pride enter into your heart and direct your actions, then you are setting yourself up for shame and disgrace. Reminds me of Psalm 37:35 "I have seen a wicked, ruthless man spreading himself like a green laurel tree. But he passed away, and behold, he was no more; though I sought him, he could not be found."

As states before Moses, a friend of the Lord and the leader of Israel, was the most meek man in the world. It is those who are humble, who are approved by God, that have the favor of the Lord and will be exalted.

I also appreciate the equating of wisdom with humility because I believe those who are humble are teachable. They know that they know not as they ought to know and so are willing and ready to learn.

Amen. Humility is equated with wisdom. It's right in sync with the "fear of the Lord", which is very precious to God.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 11:

A generous heart.

God LOVES to bless us. When we delight His heart and soul as we minister to, be generous to others (especially those who cannot possibly give back, and we do so as if our left hand does not know what our right hand is doing) and when we "refresh" the weary and parched, we "bless" God. He HIMSELF will chase us down with blessings. It is IMPOSSIBLE to "out-give" God.

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." ~Deut 28:2

How delightful is THAT??!!!

PROVERBS 11 refreshing tree.jpg

Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh" (Pro 11:17 KJV).

Proverbs has many promises that faithful believers can expect for being, well, faithful. Solomon saw life from both sides, though, and he also includes warnings to those that are not walking according to God's precepts. He pictures the loving father that teaches his children to walk in the light of the Word, but he also pictures the father that fails to set the example of godliness in the home. He troubles his flesh, which are his flesh and blood--those that God entrusted to his care for 18-or-so years.

"He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart" (Pro 11:29 KJV).

Lord, help us to be the kind of parents that will bring glory to You and as a result let us see our children grow to love You and serve You all the days of their life as they continue a life of godliness that extends to the next generation.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh" (Pro 11:17 KJV).

Proverbs has many promises that faithful believers can expect for being, well, faithful. Solomon saw life from both sides, though, and he also includes warnings to those that are not walking according to God's precepts. He pictures the loving father that teaches his children to walk in the light of the Word, but he also pictures the father that fails to set the example of godliness in the home. He troubles his flesh, which are his flesh and blood--those that God entrusted to his care for 18-or-so years.

"He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart" (Pro 11:29 KJV).

Lord, help us to be the kind of parents that will bring glory to You and as a result let us see our children grow to love You and serve You all the days of their life as they continue a life of godliness that extends to the next generation.
He troubles his flesh, which are his flesh and blood--those that God entrusted to his care for 18-or-so years.
This is sooooo profound...i never thought of that.

Thank you for sharing that. I will now meditate on what you posted. Reminds me of this verse:

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not" ~Jere. 33:3.

God showed me from what you posted something i had never considered before.

Thank you Brother Virgil.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 11:

Do not speak.

Sometimes it is better NOT to speak, even if it means putting tape over our mouth, so to speak. It IS true that the power of life and death is in the tongue, and that our tongues can be one of the most vicious weapons of destruction since the fall of man.

God help me, may i heed this admonition and warning, and at least slow my roll and pray during those times i'm tempted to "speak" when it would be best not to.

iu

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Proverbs 11:

Do not speak.

Sometimes it is better NOT to speak, even if it means putting tape over our mouth, so to speak. It IS true that the power of life and death is in the tongue, and that our tongues can be one of the most vicious weapons of destruction since the fall of man.

God help me, may i heed this admonition and warning, and at least slow my roll and pray during those times i'm tempted to "speak" when it would be best not to.

iu
I think a lot of us struggle with that. Good reminder, always good.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think a lot of us struggle with that. Good reminder, always good.

Amen. I agree. I have GOT to give control over my mouth to God, and just STOP when i'm just about ready to "run my mouth" and just breeeeeathe and pray, for God to turn those words into blessing, instead of the opposite of a blessing.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amen. I agree. I have GOT to give control over my mouth to God, and just STOP when i'm just about ready to "run my mouth" and just breeeeeathe and pray, for God to turn those words into blessing, instead of the opposite of a blessing.
Amen, me too.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen, me too.

Amen. I appreciate the recent studies and meditations this week....they all flow together, don't they, about grace, mercy, forgiveness, and along with these, God's grace over our mouths?

Precious.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0