✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 11:

"As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion." ~Proverbs 11:22

Pig+nose.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,
and whoever captures souls is wise.

An interesting verse....

Yes, kind'a precious......when the word "capture" is explored, another word used is "wins".

What also comes to mind is when Jesus said that His disciples would become "fishers of men", as in they will "catch" many men (souls).

This song comes to mind:

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What also comes to mind is when Jesus said that His disciples would become "fishers of men", as in they will "catch" many men (souls).
What a wonderful song!
This song comes to mind:

proverbs_11v301.jpg

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret. Prov. 11:13.
Words to build friendships on.

Be sure of this: The wicked will not go unpunished, but those who are righteous will go free. v. 21.
Last night my youth group was discussing how God is just, and this verse reminds me of that.

One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. v. 24.
The logic seems backwards, but when you think about it, it makes sense. People who give often gain rewards in their hearts and in Heaven, but those who don't miss out on those rewards. Although, it also seems that God blesses the people who give to others, but that's just my opinion.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret. Prov. 11:13.
Words to build friendships on.

Be sure of this: The wicked will not go unpunished, but those who are righteous will go free. v. 21.
Last night my youth group was discussing how God is just, and this verse reminds me of that.

One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. v. 24.
The logic seems backwards, but when you think about it, it makes sense. People who give often gain rewards in their hearts and in Heaven, but those who don't miss out on those rewards. Although, it also seems that God blesses the people who give to others, but that's just my opinion.

It's true!! i used to have a little giving thing going on with me n' God....i had read somewhere that you just CAN'T "out-give" God...and it was true hahaaaa

God had just laid it on my heart to give here or there and when i did, it seemed that there would somehow be more money in my bank account than i had expected.....once i found a $20.00 bill in a jeans pocket....and i would be getting "refunds" from unexpected sources, etc.

Reminds me of the woman who took Elijah in and fixed him her last bit of flour for bread, and as she did, the amount of flour and oil never "lessened", but got more plentiful....and the little boy who gave his fish and bread to Jesus and Jesus multiplied it.

God really DOES bless a generous giver, in spiritual ways and in tangible ways.

He is a GOOD God.

:clap:

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

He is a GOOD God.

Oh, that is so true! how wonderful it is...
1519cf8411da96e53fcf9da6c69784d8.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

He is a GOOD God.

14 Where there is no counsel, the people fall;
But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

I am being topical again...
3882ae9701e907079fda08c0efa126fa.jpg

our prime minister used only '2' advisors! and they have been pushed out...!!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
14 Where there is no counsel, the people fall;
But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

I am being topical again...
3882ae9701e907079fda08c0efa126fa.jpg

our prime minister used only '2' advisors! and they have been pushed out...!!

Awwwwww my heart goes out to you and your precious nation at this most anguished time......Praying praying praying, dear heart. (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.