Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 10:

Towers and Walls.

"He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool." ~Pr 10:18

God provides them for protection and as a shield from enemies and danger and ill-will. Nehemiah was commanded by the living God to re-build the wall of Jerusalem. There were those who were violently against it, and plotted to attack Nehemiah and the wall-builders with him, even to their very death. That is why Nehemiah "armed" his men and himself, for protection as they dared to do as God commanded, and to re-build Jerusalem's wall. It was as if the enemies were intending to, by "force", if necessary, say that Jerusalem had "no right" to their wall, and they would fight tooth and nail to prevent that notion, and the actual re-building of it.

God, however, disagreed. The enemies, bottom line were not just sinning against Nehemiah and the men on a mission to re-build the wall, they were sinning against the living God.

This verse brings to mind what a "tower" is. It is, in essence, a "wall" that is a fortress of protection, that God HIMSELF describes as "safety" and "protection".

It's a lie from the enemy himself (Satan) that "walls" and/or "towers" are "evil".

Walls are not evil. Those that necessitate them are.

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah." ~Ps 62:5-8

297128_b3231fd9d435e8e98ce9d1fb9f56304e.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have walls in my house to keep out intruders.

Hahaaaa me too! And i am THANKFUL for these walls. They keep out intruders, AND they protect me from the cold and the elements....like today...it's in the low 30's and it's really gusty outside...brrrrrr

I'm thankful for these walls, and a warm n' dry roof over me head.

Stay warm, my friend. :)

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hahaaaa me too! And i am THANKFUL for these walls. They keep out intruders, AND they protect me from the cold and the elements....like today...it's in the low 30's and it's really gusty outside...brrrrrr

I'm thankful for these walls, and a warm n' dry roof over me head.

Stay warm, my friend. :)
Yes its cold. Thank God for that roof as well.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 10:

Foolish chattering.
AKA: A bunch o' hot air.

As wisdom reigns in our hearts and minds (which is rooted in the "fear of the Lord", and therefore a "humbleness" of heart) we listen more and speak less, unless God's wisdom unctions us to speak.

Prattling on and on indicates a lack of wisdom, and since it is bereft of wisdom, it is rife with foolishness and "trouble", as it, in essence, is chock full of "anti-blessings", so to speak.

You could even say that it is full of curses, not only for others, but also for oneself, and ones family and ones household.

Our very own mouths can bring us to ruination.

iu
duckduckgo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 10:

Showered With Blessings.

"Blessings are upon the head of the just:" ~Pr 10:6

It is true. I can testify to this. It's a fact. God LOVES to pour blessings down on us like rain, and chase us down and overcome us with His blessings. Hahaaa

He is a DELIGHTFUL God, is He NOT??!!!!

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." ~Deut 28:2

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 10:

Blessed.

We are blessed beyond measure as we trust in God, heed His Words, and LOVE our God with all that is in us. He pours out His blessings on us like rain, HEARS our prayers, and DELIGHTS in responding to them.

How DELIGHTFUL is THAT??!!

Perhaps how we are MOST blessed is the thankful and grateful heart that HE imparts into us.

Amen?

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 10:

God's Blessings.

I love this verse.

God's blessings, both here on earth, and in eternity, have NO sorrow or tragedy or regret attached. For not only do they bless the recipient of them, but others as well. There is NO WAY a child of the living God can, or will, "keep them to theirselves", for it brings joy to pour out those blessings on others for the child of God. What is so delightful, is that the one God is blessing, KNOWS that they can NEVER EVER "out-give" God.

What a delightful blessing THAT is.

Amen?

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 10:

Foolish Babblings.

We should neither participate in, nor engage in, the babblings of the foolish, nor should we be "fascinated" by it. It is to be avoided like the plague, for it leads to SURE destruction.

Tragic, isn't it?

iu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 10:

Blessings.

God "blesses" the righteous, here on this earth, and throughout eternity. This includes an abundance of soul, mind, and heart, and of course spiritually as well. And there is NO "sorrow" with any of it. God pours His abundance into the lives of His own.

The bottom line, is that these righteous ones are generous and give joyfully and freely to others, and without keeping a "record" of it, but as if their left hand knows not what their right hand is doing. They DELIGHT in giving. And in turn, God DELIGHTS in them.

And these righteous ones KNOW this: that we can NOT "out-give" God.

How utterly DELIGHTFUL is THAT???!!!

Precious.

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 10:

Showers of Blessings.

"The Godly are showered with blessings." ~Pr 10:6

God "rains" down blessings on us. And in all those blessings, there is NO "sorrow" with it, nor "curses", nor regret, nor a guilty conscience that "haunts" us. Only blessings upon blessings that fall like rain.

Isn't that DELIGHTFUL?

Isn't GOD DELIGHTFUL??

bliss.gif

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0