✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 10
Everyone read Chapter 10 if it is the 10th day of the month today. Come back and give us your thoughts....Tishri1 :wave:

there is so much in this chapter
So again for my part i will comment only on that which lept out at me ..

and it is this line - "..but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame.

in the day and age which we live i think i need add nothing.
Help me awaken lord to the task at hand .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: brinny

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WOW! It almost seems today is opposite day if you look at the world in the news....The wicked are getting away with sooooo much!

But its nice to know God's perspective and hold onto his promises and avoid the pit and snare.
yes ..we must not be dismayed each will give account to the lord .

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 10, this verse stood out for me, especially the 2nd part of it:

verse 12:

"Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins."

As i read it, Rehab came to mind. In her "choosing" the God of Israel, and "protecting" and "hiding" and showing the two Israeli spies a way of escape, she lied to the king. Here's what came to mind. In her demonstrating love for the God of Israel and consequently the two spies, this love "covered" the "sin" of lying, and God deemed her righteous for demonstrating this love. This love "trumped" the fact that she had been a harlot, and that she deceived the king.

This would be an excellent study on what "falsehoods" are (according to the Bible) and the intent of the heart, and if the intent of the heart is to cause harm, or is malicious, and/or is a "shedding" of innocent blood, so to speak.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 10:3
This reminds me of baptism, the washing away of sins to follow the Father.

Proverbs 10:12
Hate is easy, but love is difficult to wield when someone hurts us. This is something I still struggle with, growing up in a world that conditions such things.

Proverbs 10 in a nutshell as this phrase came to mind: "Sticks and stones shall break your bones, but words will never hurt you."
This chapter speaks again and again the importance of what comes out of our mouths. Not only that but what about the Word of God? Will His Words not pierce us as it says? That would make Him a liar, which He is most certainly not!

People, even myself at times, forget just how powerful words really are - in ways we don't even realize. I think it's very important that we know what is truly in our hearts in the heat of an argument, we should never forget who we live for.

So I ask, what are the words of your heart?

Pssst! This is a rhetorical question. :p

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
what are the words of my heart, that speak to me?
the first phrase...
1. Happy is the man with a level headed son...
I was so happy...I had that son, so wonderful and loving and wise; I thank the Lord for giving him to me for 43 years, he is gone now and I miss him so. This phrase stood out for me, and the memories are becoming so vivid now and they are a comfort, as are his little family... how fortunate to have the blessing of an amazing son who was such a blessing to so many people.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

An impressive Proverb is Ten. I am slightly overwhelmed, and a shower of tears wants to come, such is my fate, hurting for you, musicalpilgrim, such is my sorrow, for your son. They are flowo... Flowing now, with and for you and him.

I am sorry. I did not know this would happen.

LOVE,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, katerinah, my son is with the Lord, and I have so many wonderful memories. If I may share with you, I found a note this week that he wrote to me in his children's Bible. It said 'I love you mummy' and there were rows of xxx all down the page. I spend a lot of time also in tears these last few days, but also reading all about heaven and the soul, and the new heaven and the new earth. I didn't know much about the afterlife before we lost him. The Father provides comfort and many blessings

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Yes, katerinah, my son is with the Lord, and I have so many wonderful memories. If I may share with you, I found a note this week that he wrote to me in his children's Bible. It said 'I love you mummy' and there were rows of xxx all down the page. I spend a lot of time also in tears these last few days, but also reading all about heaven and the soul, and the new heaven and the new earth. I didn't know much about the afterlife before we lost him. The Father provides comfort and many blessings

Hi,

Yes that is what I felt. I was talking about your son.

I am crying now. The.... New subject..

I did not want to say your son's name, as it seemed too personal, and I thought it was wrong to possibly hurt you further.

I am happy you know much about the afterlife, from God The Father comforting you.

Jesus loves you. There is more.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
May the Lord bless you katerinah, for your kindness and for being there.

Hi,

I accept the fact, that you really thanked God and not me.

I work for God. I am not that nice, nor effective, without Him directing my ways.

I work for God for Him with you and others. It is wrong for me to accept your words, of "for being there". That too is a function of God and not me.

I do have these feelings and emotions. That too is of and from God.

I do love you, in that Agape Plus way, which I call LOVE. That too is from God.

I am happy you are better. Yet, I can take no credit for any of my actions. Instead, I just enjoy working with and for God so much, that even when my life was meaningless to me, even when I asked God to have no after life, in any way shape or form, I still asked Jesus in this case, if I could still work for God as it is just too much fun, until the day comes when my request was granted back then, if God would grant that request.

(He did not by the way. He did something else instead that caused and causes me to want eternal life. It was a month and a half later that happened. And, what I chose, made the lack of eternal life, impossible from that 'decision' of mine done actually in Total Free Will. It is one of the few times that I have ever been given my Free Will back by God, for awhile.)

I had asked God to cause me to be destroyed both body and soul, in Hell or however He would do that, and painlessly or non painlessly whichever was needed.

Yet, as I waited for that prayer to be answered, yes, I still asked God to allow me to keep working for Him, (mostly Jesus, but the Others and one other also.), as it really was too much fun working for Him, as I had been doing at that time, for a few years by then.

I think you are allowed to bless me, and I accept that. You are not supposed to pray for me, but, should you do that, it is no great error, and your prayers will go to others, or back to you. They will not go to me.

I can take no credit for what God does or causes, including being here for you in your moment of grief.

This is also what I did not want to say. I was not allowed to pray for your son, because He is already with God, and for those types, I am never allowed to pray for them. That is how I knew.

Yes, I can pray for almost anybody. I cannot pray for some though, as they are already so fine with God, that they pray for us who are still coming to God, rather than us praying to God for them.

I was not allowed to pray for your son, and I still am not allowed to. He prays to God for you and for others. He is that good with God now.

He was probalby already that good with God, before he left this earth, and if so, you would have seen and recognized that, here on earth.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

One more thing, musicalpilgrim. Feelings come to me about people. For people of God, the feelings border, not are, but border on the romantic, as I am that much, loving them.

The romantic part, is only understandable in the Spiritual way, not the human way, although the human way, is indeed a foretaste, a hint, a very very very partial only, of the way love is, in...........

Someday, you will have this. Your son, will allow nothing less, in his desires for his mom. You.

He will be granted that, as God loves your son, your son loves God, so both your son and God will get their way with and for you. Your son will get his way because he loves you and God.

God will get His way, and in this case, it will be to give your son what he wants and needs which is you, but also God gets what he wants, which is you.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise. - Proverbs 11:30

Hi,

Your words soothed my doubting and hurt spirit, as I limped in here wounded.

Energized by your reference then Proverbs 10:22, Proverbs 10:23, Proverbs 10:30 and and Proverbs 10:32, stood out for me.

Proverbs 10:22
However, riches to me is information about God. There is nothing not nice in that. It is not about money on earth.

Proverbs 10:23

'wisdom' is sport to a man of understanding.

Proverbs 10:30
Maybe this means in battle mode, we shall remain, battling for God and for souls.

Proverbs 10:32
And it is true that words from my mouth and others like us, though not in The Bible per se, they are true anyway much of the time, about God.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

myarogancewasblottedout

Oct 6, 2015
✟15,694.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
You are human being in God's ordained image and you have "will" that is yours alone.
prayers come from Lord?????? and prayers go to the Lord. Psalms 148:1
proverbs 10:8 (fall is sad like fallen, but every thing is already perfect as it should/will be perfect) talking about planning for occasions of repentance is technically planning for sin? proverbs 10:16
Proverbs 8:32
Proverbs 9:12
2 Timothy 3:15
Hebrews 12:25 the Holy Bible is alive so trust Holy Bible's "voice", but within the righteousness...
==============================

genesis chapter 1 ( http://www.biblehub.com/genesis/1.htm ) makes sense if you look at the Lord the God perfecting life for each dimensional plane of existance.

1 dimensional is magnitudes. light is 1 dimensional, and Jesus is the Light of reality.

2 dimensional is flat, and second time Lord the God 'admired' creation by saying 'it was good', was the land and sea (surface of earth) which has no start nor end, but goes around and around.

3 dimensional is space (up, and sideways)

4th dimension is time.

the rest are best explained in future sense.

5th dimension is alternate futures for a particular moment. fish may swim left or right according to hope and blessings.

6th dimension is all possible potential futures. according to freedom afforded even a cow can pick which field to eat in.

7th dimension spans all possible potential futures, which is divine laws (10 commandments). http://www.biblehub.com/exodus/20.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise. - Proverbs 11:30

This.

This verse is profound in how it encapsulates what God's will is for us. And that is to win souls.

How precious is THAT?

Reminds me of how Jesus asks where the laborers are who will gather in His fields and bring His harvest in:

"Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest." ~Matthew 9:37-38

Then this verse stood out to me:

5 "he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame."

Upvote 0