ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Discipline does not have to mean hitting, spanking. Discipline can be effective with out the use of violence. Consequences, taking things away, time outs, the special thing they love to do with mom or dad taken away till the behavior improves. But if from the beginning YOU always follow through with what you said would happen,less likely they will try and misbehave. they know you mean business.

But u must discipline,or there turn bad,if u let them get away with everthing.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Discipline does not have to mean hitting, spanking. Discipline can be effective with out the use of violence. Consequences, taking things away, time outs, the special thing they love to do with mom or dad taken away till the behavior improves. But if from the beginning YOU always follow through with what you said would happen,less likely they will try and misbehave. they know you mean business.
He said don't punish your kid,what u discribe,sounds like punishing your kid.

Upvote 0

Ceta_cea

I'm a Kings Daugther
Mar 1, 2011
a village near Lucerne
✟7,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He said don't punish your kid,what u discribe,sounds like punishing your kid.

Sorry If I sound rude, but do you think that if you spank your kid you are not punishing it?

My Dad sometimes spanked me and my sister. Do you know how that ended? It ended with me fearing my dad and losing any respect for him. Parents are the adults so they should know better then to put fear into their children.

I babysit a lot of children in different ages, I never every hit or spank any of them. They know me and know that when I tell them to stop I mean it. They love me and trust me and know I mean good for them. All of those children ar mischievous sometimes but otherwise they all are wellmanered. And I know their parents also never spank them.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry If I sound rude, but do you think that if you spank your kid you are not punishing it?

My Dad sometimes spanked me and my sister. Do you know how that ended? It ended with me fearing my dad and losing any respect for him. Parents are the adults so they should know better then to put fear into their children.

I babysit a lot of children in different ages, I never every hit or spank any of them. They know me and know that when I tell them to stop I mean it. They love me and trust me and know I mean good for them. All of those children ar mischievous sometimes but otherwise they all are wellmanered. And I know their parents also never spank them.
I'm saying timeout and spanking and any discipline is punishing your kids,from what he seems to say,is don't punish your kid at all,or they'll become bullies.

Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi 97.

Absolutely, I have scripture for you.

Don't misunderstand my motive here with the scriptures because I never condone abusing a child. And the wisest thing a parent can do is REFUSE to allow anger to enter into the discipline. Done in anger means done while looking through a veil. Don't wait for anger to pass, either. It has no right to take the place of priority. You are in authority, and nothing else. Reject the anger, stay calm, and do what the Word says.

Remember, though they are children, they are born into sin - with a sin nature like we all are. I made the mistake of forgetting that and getting snowed over by guilt and feeling intimidated and feeling sorry for the little rascals. They are the weakest link to Satan easing his way into camp and causing turmoil.
Because I failed to acknowledge God's commands, my son learned how to manipulate so well, he is a pro. He now gets his licks from Satan and the world until something in him breaks. This is worse than if I had done my job.

Proverbs 22:15
15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child,
but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.

Proverbs 23:13-15
13 Do not withhold discipline from a child;
if you strike him with a rod, he will not die.
14 If you strike him with the rod,
you will save his soul from Sheol.
15 My son, if your heart is wise,
my heart too will be glad.

Proverbs 29:15
15 The rod and reproof gives wisdom,
but a child left to herself [to kick, flail, and scream] brings shame to her mother.

Proverbs 13:24
13:24 . . . love her - discipline her early.

Hebrews 12:11
11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Exodus 20:12
12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

:thumbsup::amen:

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I read the rod actully meant authority,in the earlyer days.Maybe some may have wanted to spank there kids,put spare the rod and spoil the kid,all the stuff,so they wouldn't have to answer to spanking being wrong.I've seen other ways of dissaplain work just fine.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I believe it is totally dependant on the child.
My nephew hates being in time out, and generally thats all he needs for discipline.

I, however, needed spankings as a child. The whole "don't do ____ because its bad" wasn't enough motovation to keep me away.
Knowing that I'd get a swat if I did ______, now /that/ worked! My parents always warned me first before spanking, and after explained why they did it.

Time outs for me..meh, if I was sent to my room I had toys. If I was sent to the corner I was happy to sit there and listen or watch my siblings.
Those punishments just didn't work.

Sometimes the fear of a spank is really the best discipline.

Peace
- Niffer

Upvote 0

Only1Balto

Struggling
Jul 29, 2010
USA
✟7,650.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The whole "spanking children turns them into bullies/fighters" is very untrue. My father was a Green Beret in the US ARMY- Airborne special forces. He used a belt or whatever else he could find- and although I was stubborn and would be belted many times, the type of adult I am today is (IMO) a good one compared to the rest of society. I've never once done drugs or have gotten drunk, I've never mixed in with the wrong crowd. Never been arrested, cheated, killed, bullied anyone. I joined the US Navy have a wife and three kids. I've got very high work ethics- and can put my coworkers to shame with my diligence, attention, and strong will. Now although all of what I've mentioned is due to how I was raised and not necessarily how I was disciplined, it was a very useful tool for a very ambitious and hard headed son. Now by no means am I perfect- but I definitely don't have issues that I see everyone on the street have and I've got my father to thank for that. There's been many times throughout my life where if I didn't have self control or high moral values I could have fallen into the cracks of being a low life in society- peer pressure, STD's, drugs, stealing cars, joining gangs were all presented to me throughout my teens/early adulthood- but I was able to overcome all of that easily. I struggle in other areas of my life but everything else I've mentioned has a more severe impact on ones life/future.

Now I am a firm believer in spankings- but am against child abuse. I also believe a child should listen the first time, and pay attention to their surroundings. So my means of discipline may seem harsh to what seems like everyone here- but it works and its for the best of the child. You may think its wrong for a 4-7 year old to use "Yes mam" or "No sir" while talking to adults. You may think its wrong that when my children play- they don't scream or yell. You may think its wrong that- If you throw a party for your child and you invite my daughters, that my daughters will help you clean up the mess before they go off and play, but I don't believe so. You may think its perfectly normal to drag your screaming/crying kid out of every store you walk into once you pass the toy/candy isle. You might think that a 4-7 year old has no business cleaning up the house, folding their own clothes and putting them away nicely, doing dishes, sweeping, or taking care of the family pet is wrong- but I don't think so... This is how I was brought up- and this is how my children will be brought up as well. Some may argue "they're just children", "You're being too hard on them", and to that I say- The future is very very grim. It wasn't like how it was when we were children, and I'm very sad to say that. I'm preparing my children to step into the world ahead of them, a world in which we all know is getting worse by the day. So anything that I can instill into them while they're young that they'll need when they get older- I do. My kids work hard so they can play hard.

Now- enough of that. On to spankings- A spanking to a kid should be like Armageddon to their little world. The name itself should instill fear into their little harts. With this said spankings must be made into an event- a big one. If spankings in your house are an OFTEN thing then, (IMO) you're doing it wrong and they will soon be immune to it, and it will no longer have its effect on them. In my house- I'll only spank if they're disobedient/lie/steal. If they didn't know any better then they just didn't know, I'll have a talk with them and make it clearer. If they did something they knew they weren't suppose to- and it was something silly, they just get grounded. However if they at all lie, or disrespect their mother/teacher they'll automatically get a spanking. I'll send my child up to their room where they stand in the middle, facing the window w/ their pants down and arms folded. I'll wait 10-20 minutes to gather my thoughts, Pray (sometimes writing in a journal about the coming discipline), talk to the wife, and just COOL off. That's the big one. I'll realize what age their at, what they've done, if they should've known better, etc etc. I sometimes come to the conclusion they don't need a spanking- just a talk to, or grounding. While all this is happening, in the room their little world is coming to a stand still. They're there in silence- in their own God given thoughts, just thinking about what is about to happen. That's part of the psychological punishment that comes w/ a spanking. I'll walk in- nice and calm and proceed to lecture them about what they've done and what I'll expect from them in the future. Asking them questions so they can think and I can see that they're paying attention- not off somewhere in lala land getting ready for the pain. I only normally give them a couple of lickings- but I make sure they hurt. They'll cry either way, weather the pain is there or not. I expect them to cry because of the pain itself- not just because they're in trouble. Many times when my wife would spank our daughter she'd ease up on her just because she'd cry- so in reality no spankings were ever given, just pats on the butt. No- in my house a spankings a spanking, my palm would be throbbing after the punishment was administered. Anyway- it would only be a couple of pelts- but during them the questions would continue. I take my time and try not to rush it, giving them time to think and calm down. After the spanking I leave and have them stand there for 5-10 minutes or so to calm down, and regain their bearings of what's happened and why. I call them down, and have a talk with them so that they can better understand why they'd gotten a spanking, what happened, and what they should've done about it instead. I reassure them that my love for them is great- and that I'd love them no matter what. It'd just be their actions that I would no like. That's basically the run down of what happens durring a spanking. I don't let the kids squabble around, talk back, put their hands on his/her butt to lessin the incoming pain, or roll around on the floor screaming. If they'd done anything like that they'd get more spankings.

Now in your personal case OP: When I met my wife she had a 3 year old daughter. My wife never spanked and the child was a bit unruly. When I began her spankings she'd do the same thing, run around and try to fight, screaming like she was going to die. I had to calm her down- tell her that this was something that was going to happen because of what she'd done, and if she wanted it to end quicker she needed to follow the guidelines I set out for her during the spankings (Which is what they do now- stand in the middle of the room, facing away, arms folded, no fighting back, etc). Now I did have to add extra licks the first couple of times- but after she learned what we expected out of her during spankings things went much smoother from then on out. Just be sure to calm her down and explain to her- if she does not comply she will be given more spankings. He/she will eventually comply once you break their spirit which is ultimately what you want to do.

I understand that many of you do NOT feel the same way I do about spankings- and that's perfectly fine. IMO one of the reasons the world is getting worse is because people don't spank their children nearly enough or hard enough. Children without a shadow of a doubt should respect/fear their elders <period> That is my belief. Instill the Fear of God in them like you yourself should fear God.- the world was much better back then than it is now. Now its perfectly fine to talk about doing drugs on your popular local FM radio station or cable TV. People no longer discipline their children and they become unruly or spoiled- until they get into high school and something finally doesn't go THEIR way and the find some means of making it go their way. School shootings NEVER use to happen- yet now its no longer shocking when one does. Sad is it not?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Traveller and Wiley

Jun 8, 2011
✟485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I have a 3 year old daughter that every once in a while needs to be spanked. Problem is when we do spank her she will throw her body all over the place and crawl under the bed etc to avoid getting spanked. Any advice on how to overcome this?

Yes. Wait until she wears herself out and then spank her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

I have a 3 year old daughter that every once in a while needs to be spanked. Problem is when we do spank her she will throw her body all over the place and crawl under the bed etc to avoid getting spanked. Any advice on how to overcome this?

I'd use another method. Would you like to be hit by a person to correct your behavior? Can you see why she does not want to be hurt by an authority figure and so she refuses to come out?

Reactions: blessedmomof5
Upvote 0

Blue sapphire

Mar 20, 2009
Queensland
✟15,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Hi 97.

Absolutely, I have scripture for you.

Don't misunderstand my motive here with the scriptures because I never condone abusing a child. And the wisest thing a parent can do is REFUSE to allow anger to enter into the discipline. Done in anger means done while looking through a veil. Don't wait for anger to pass, either. It has no right to take the place of priority. You are in authority, and nothing else. Reject the anger, stay calm, and do what the Word says.

Remember, though they are children, they are born into sin - with a sin nature like we all are. I made the mistake of forgetting that and getting snowed over by guilt and feeling intimidated and feeling sorry for the little rascals. They are the weakest link to Satan easing his way into camp and causing turmoil.
Because I failed to acknowledge God's commands, my son learned how to manipulate so well, he is a pro. He now gets his licks from Satan and the world until something in him breaks. This is worse than if I had done my job.

Proverbs 22:15
15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child,
but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.

Proverbs 23:13-15
13 Do not withhold discipline from a child;
if you strike him with a rod, he will not die.
14 If you strike him with the rod,
you will save his soul from Sheol.
15 My son, if your heart is wise,
my heart too will be glad.

Proverbs 29:15
15 The rod and reproof gives wisdom,
but a child left to herself [to kick, flail, and scream] brings shame to her mother.

Proverbs 13:24
13:24 . . . love her - discipline her early.

Hebrews 12:11
11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Exodus 20:12
12 &#8220;Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Well said Peace......the trantrum is a sign of "I want to do it my way, don't tell me what to do"

This trait is the precurser to a stubborn heart.

Sure..... try to reason with her, but if in the end it doesn't work and you love your child you will not.... spare the rod. (wooden spoon)

Some children do not need to be spanked......they by birth are a more thoughtful individual. However, some are definately born less thoughtful, more self centred and insist on their own way.

I speak from experience, I have one of each. There is a time for everything......and that includes some tough love.

And don't think it will get better......no it will get worse, if you do not step in and in particular the father should step up to this, for He should be taking on the spiritual leadership of the house. Doesn't mean you don't do it.......just that he should take the lead in this area.

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally Posted by DesertSky
If you're having trouble getting a 3 yr. old to do what they're told....it's only going to get worse. A lot worse. The "forgive her" post is the road to total failure.
How so? If you punish the child, they become bullies.

My entire generation was spanked and few were bullies. Maybe 2 in a class of 600.

People who refuse to spank are not doing their child any favors-Pre Schoolers are rarely mature enough to understand logic. What they can
understand is consequences and consistency.

It gets wrose as they get older if they have had no boundaries. It is children's job to push boundaries, but it is the parents job to enforce them. Group homes, PTC are full of as many "spolied" children as they
are those severely physically abused.

This generation has the most unruly children and any that has preceded it and I believe one of the major reasons has been the LACK of this early
dicipline technique. Balance as with anything is the key.

Behavior problems abound because children "refuse" to sit still, be quiet
and lack manners. Remember this if a child knows to move on "3" (1-2-3)
they can be taught to move without the count.

I am sick of reading case file of case file of children who end up in
"the system" due to parents refusal to see that the child rearing techniques of the las 20 years are seriously flawed.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good evening sis:wave:

I have been meaning to share my thoughts on this also, but been swamped!!!

I am not sure if my "whole" generation was spanked, but i got smacked or held up by the neck to be reminded that they brought me in this world they could take me out! :confused:
So maybe all disipline is not always psyical but also mental, a look a stare, that clearing of the throat? But you knew it!

But it didnt work with me even the 123.,, id be like 4?

So for me i became the bully! In school! Reflecting back now over the last 10 yrs what i was like in HS WOW, i decided to write this one girl a note asking for forgiveness although i would understand if she was not ready!

Now my 5 Are not out of control, at all! Not to say i do not geyt disappointed at times in them! Yea but i let them know!

And yes there is a price to pay, but hitting , NO! So far it has worked not doing it for us! We can go anywhere and we are always complaimentented on how well behaved they are and respectful!
They 3/5 are in ap classes and high honor roll!
I is learning disabled, i would never dream of hitting her? She takes longer to understamd things'

So eavh child is different, does the parent set the ground rulrs frim the behining?

I hope thay helps its not always so cut snd dry

God Bless you!

Originally Posted by DesertSky

My entire generation was spanked and few were bullies. Maybe 2 in a class of 600.

People who refuse to spank are not doing their child any favors-Pre Schoolers are rarely mature enough to understand logic. What they can
understand is consequences and consistency.

It gets wrose as they get older if they have had no boundaries. It is children's job to push boundaries, but it is the parents job to enforce them. Group homes, PTC are full of as many "spolied" children as they
are those severely physically abused.

This generation has the most unruly children and any that has preceded it and I believe one of the major reasons has been the LACK of this early
dicipline technique. Balance as with anything is the key.

Behavior problems abound because children "refuse" to sit still, be quiet
and lack manners. Remember this if a child knows to move on "3" (1-2-3)
they can be taught to move without the count.

I am sick of reading case file of case file of children who end up in
"the system" due to parents refusal to see that the child rearing techniques of the las 20 years are seriously flawed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WeCryOut

Apr 30, 2011
✟15,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let her have her fit. My son is on the Autism spectrum, and consequently doesn't respond to spanking. I could beat that kid within an inch of his life and he wouldn't care, so we realized that it didn't work for us. We have found out how much he HATES time-outs though. Those are the most effective for us, and even then he will throw himself on the floor and scream. We let him squirm and fight all he likes, then when he calms down he starts the time out and gets his discipline over with.

However, as time goes on he resists less and less frequently. He is learning that no matter how big of a fit he throws, he will still receive discipline for inappropriate behavior. Period. He rarely fights it anymore, because he knows it won't make a difference. He sits up, stays quiet and waits for his time-out to end. He even apologizes for his behavior afterwards and rarely repeats the offense.

I won't lie to you though, it's taken like two months of being consistent. It was stressful for a while, but now I see that consistency has made all the difference. Whatever you decide to do (spanking, time out, whatever..) DON'T DEVIATE. They have to learn that you are the adult, and you make the rules.

Upvote 0

a pilgrim

Not a fan, but a follower.
Jul 8, 2011
✟8,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dearest brethren, I am the father of nine wonderful children, may I speak?
There are lots of philosophies out there, lots of books, lots of "feelings," about spanking. BUT, what did God say?

Prov. 13

[24] He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

If someone does not spank a child, in a loving way, that needs a spanking, they actually hate their child because they are teaching them that life has no bounderies, or consequences. I can hear the skeptic, "You cannot spank in a loving way!" Perhaps, you cannot, but if you have prayed for this child, nutured Momma for nine months, prepared your heart, dreamed of this beautiful child, yes, you can lovingly apply chastisement. God does to us, doesn't he?

Heb. 12
[5] And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
[6] For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
[7] If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
[8] But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

When God, as a loving Father, sees you have gone too far, he sends chastisement into our lives. We know it when it comes. He does this out of love. He does this because we are sons, (and daughter,) of the King. Despise not the spanking, it is given for our good, likewise is our spanking of our children.

Prov. 22
[15] Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Who wants a fool for a child? Not me.

Psalm 14
[1] The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

So, what shall we do when we see the sin of foolishness coming up in our child. If God be true, (AND HE IS,) we spank our child. We want God to drive foolishness far from our children. You say, "But, let me reason with my child about their foolishness." Sorry, God said, "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child..." You cannot, try as you may, you must spank sometimes.

Prov. 23
[13] Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

[14] Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Here's a doosie, who wants their child to die. . . and go to hell!?!?!? NO ONE here, surely! So, if my child is developing habits, tendancies, patternes that God has said are destructive, then IF I LOVE MY CHILD, I am going to spank him/her. God will use it to save them from dying as the wicked die, and from going to hell.

Prov. 29
[15] The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.

One poster said, "Don't spank, just forgive, he/she will grow up to be a bully." No, sorry friend, that is bad counsel Yes, don't ABUSE you child. Don't smack him/her in the face in anger. Don't strike them with the broom! BUT, if they need a spanking for VIOLATING GOD'S ETERNAL PRINCIPLES, then, lovingly, do the following:

1. Take them aside. Your not trying to embarrass them.
2. Teach them. Literally open God's word and show them, like this

Tommy has an anger problem with little Suzie, who took his favorite toy. So, you show Tommy:

Prov. 16
[32] He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

Prov. 19
[11] The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.

Just two of MANY you could use.

"Tommy, he that controls his temper is STRONGER that Uncle Dave," (whom everyone knows is a giant Moose of a guy!) And, "Controlling your anger shows that you are a wise man, (a man of descretion.) Do you understand, son?"

3. Apply the rod. Spank him. Not, two little swats. Spanking is used to bring out something he will need the rest of his life, a spirit that WANTS to repent, when Father has brought attention to sin! Amen?!?!? Now, in the old days, and old timers, (just ask Grandma,) they would bare them buns! This isn't wrong, but if you are worried about it, just bare their undies. Blue jeans, and such are TOO thick, they'll just cause you to waste your time. As an older Christian told me, he'd "Rosie them cheeks!" You want it to smart. You want them to see the negative consequence of their actions.

4. Now, love them up! Yes, that's right. When God corrects his children he does it for one reason, the restoration of sweet fellowship. When you are backslid, do you sense the sweet closeness of God and his approval? Of course not. Is there anything sweeter? Of course not. Give this same privilege to your child. They'll bless you for it, one day.

I have a 24 year old, big ol' strappin' boy. I love him. He's a man's man. He loves me and Momma and calls us "Blessed." We used to wear him out. Lord! He had a strong will That's what you want to control. Spanking is NOT to break the spirit, but the will. You want this:

Prov. 23
[26] My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

5. Pray with them. They will learn how to approach the throne of grace FROM YOU.

"Father, me and Tommy come to you in the name of Jesus. Tommy now knows that anger is bad and will harm him. Forgive him, Father, and help him to be a godly boy that everyone will appreciate. In Jesus' dear name, Amen."

Take that precious heart. Shape it. Point it to Jesus. Train it.

Prov. 22
[6] Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Psalm 127
[3] Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
[4] As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
[5] Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Look at these precious jewels. They are the heart behind the spanking.

Prov. 1
[5] A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
[6] To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. [dark means, deep and mysterious.]
[7] The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
[8] My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
[9] For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.
[10] My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

Can you hear the heart of a parent in those instructions? When you do what's right, GOD'S WAY, you will have a child that get's to wear the ornament of wisdom. His life will be an ornament that will say, "His parents taught him right."

You must do the work! Are they worth it?

So, if they kick and flail about, you and Momma, hold him/her down, and SPARE NOT. You want that spirit gone anyways, right? Of course. No child is going to WANT a spanking, but if you do it right, you just might notice this:

Do you remember the story about, about Tommy, who had a bad temper? Well, it's two hours later. Tommy and Suzie have been playing sweetly, it';s quiet in the house, except for occasional laughs and sounds of children at sweet play. You look over at your spouse, and thank God, because he knows what a child needs.

Do you love them? Then spank them if they need it.

May God give you grace and wisdom.

Ben, a brother

Last edited:
Upvote 0