Visit site
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think dating sites are perfectly fine as long as you keep safety in mind when you're doing so. It's sort of like meeting someone in a bar....without the face-to-face-in-a-bar kind of way. And it makes things a lot easier.

Minus those stupid subscription fees which is why I've never joined one lol

Upvote 0

chuck77

Oct 21, 2011
✟21,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi All,

What do you all think of dating sites? In particular, Christian Mingle?

Do you think it impedes on God's plan or think its just a way to meet people?

Love to hear your thoughts!

Impedes on Gods plan how? Overall? In our own personal lives? If one couple met on there and got married and are happy together and serving God how is that impeding on Gods plan? But again, I don't know what you mean when you say "God's plan". How do we know it's not God's plan for those to meet their future spouces on there?

I don't see a problem with Christian dating sites whatsoever. It's hard meeting other believers, let alone other believers of the opposite sex, let alone ones that live in your area. Christian dating sites allow you the chance to meet those people whether they are close, or far. As with anything when it comes to dating, we need to be careful, whether you meet them in the frozen food isle, or on Christian Mingle.

Upvote 0

chuck77

Oct 21, 2011
✟21,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I know what you mean tho about it impeding on God's plan. I'm just not sure and some clarification from what you mean would help. Do you mean maybe God has different plans than joining a dating site for meeting your spouce and in the mean time He wants you to spend time with Him and not running around trying to make it happen on your own?

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi All,

If its for the person then its fine. Personally, I don't like dating sites cause I never have. I joined a couple and deleted my profile a day later. The last time I tried was a year ago and I laughed at the messages that I got. So horrible! I can't take anyone seriously. As for Christian Mingle, I don't know -- I haven't joined Christian dating sites to know. But, I know a lot of people who have met their husbands and wives online, and it just happened to be at the right moment and time. Was it God's plan, maybe, was it a way for them to meet people, maybe. I think some things are really individual choices and paths in life that aren't always set in stone.
But I'm not making any sense...

Upvote 0

SweetAvenue

Nov 28, 2011
Massachusetts (North Shore)
✟15,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've had a pretty good experience with one. It was a free, secular site. I got a ton of messages right away and I talked to a few guys. I've been talking to one guy for about a week and a half now (texting and calling), and we're going to meet up on Wednesday. I'd say it's going very well. I'm not sure that he's that religious, but I'm pretty passionate about my faith, and I've made that very obvious, and if anything, I think I've been a good influence on him. We've been very open with each other, and I think that has made it work so far. We both just sort of jumped in.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I will never understand why so many Christians think dating sites are a sign of not trusting God or impeding on His plans. What if He plans for you to meet your spouse on a dating site? Its rather a narrow view to think that God wouldn't use a dating site to bring two people together who might not have otherwise met IMHO.

I have used Christian Mingle. I did talk to one guy one there and he turned out to be a control freak whose attitude seemed to border on manipulative and possibly abusive if I had allowed things to continue. So there's your warning to be careful. There is a man who used to post here that met his wife there, though. So there's your encouragement that it can and does work. Just use commonsense and don't get sucked into the artifical comfort that the internet creates that makes you think that you know eachother really well and can trust eachother implicitly. You're strangers to eachother, even if you're attracted and have talked for awhile, until you've met and spent time together in person.

I met my best guy friend on Christian Cafe. We weren't a good romantic match, but am ever so thankful I met him and think my life would be much poorer without him.

I'm on eharmony right now and am talking to someone who seems nice. Its far too early to know if there are any sparks and I honestly dunno where its going. We know we both like to take things slow and really get to know the other person before anything serious, so thats what we're doing. He could be the guy I wind up with. He could be just another great friend I met online. Or he could just be a nice guy that I had a casual conversation with that never went anywhere. Only time will tell.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi All,

After months of frustration,I have cancelled my subscriptions to Christian Mingle and erobbery.com. Oh,I mean eharmony.com. :)

On eharmony,I put in my profile about my church's Drama Ministry. I get an e-mail from a "MATCH" that tells me that I am too involved in my church,and that she is an agnostic! I thought that this is a Christian website.
On Christian Mingle,they said that I had 140 "Matches" that were 98% compatable with me. I e-mailed EVERY one of the 140 "Matches" I only received 8,count them, 8 responses. That is pitiful,terrible,and unacceptable.
I told both websites that I wanted to find someone within a 30 mile radius in the San Francisco Bay Area,which has over 9 MILLION people,and they cannot find a match for me in an area that has over 9,000,000 people?
They sometimes match me with people in Texas,North Carolina,or somewhere in Canada. Do these dating website people ever look at a map?
Well,that is my vent of the day.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've had a pretty good experience with one. It was a free, secular site. I got a ton of messages right away and I talked to a few guys. I've been talking to one guy for about a week and a half now (texting and calling), and we're going to meet up on Wednesday. I'd say it's going very well. I'm not sure that he's that religious, but I'm pretty passionate about my faith, and I've made that very obvious, and if anything, I think I've been a good influence on him. We've been very open with each other, and I think that has made it work so far. We both just sort of jumped in.

Well....just be very careful about being with a non-believer or someone who does not have the same values as yours. You may be a good influence on him,or he made have a strong influence on you.

One pastor had this saying."If you put on a clean white glove,and put the gloved hand into some muddy water,the muddy water does not get "GLOVEY". The white glove gets MUDDY." :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reborn_in_Christ2003

May 10, 2004
Whiteman AFB
✟8,911.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've had some success with dating sites. I've found, that I get one response for probably every 8 girls I message. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or not. I've read that most girls on average will have 10 messages at one time. That's a 1 in 10 chance of them picking you to talk to. :o
Christiancafe, got me one date, however she was fairly sheltered, and somewhat awkward to talk to about anything on tv, music (Christian or non-Christian), among other things. I personally think it could've been a good relationship, but she didn't like how I didn't talk much on the first date, and how she ended up talking about her being in the military a lot. Well, that's because she didn't really give me much of a chance to talk, and she kept referring everything back to being in the military. :doh:

Christianmingle has gotten me a couple dates, however the girls seemed pretty flaky, and never gave me a reason why they weren't interested in the end. Also a lot of the girls have found ways to put facebook info in their profile so they don't have to pay. When I tried that, I immediately got warned about it. ^_^

Okcupid (owned by eharmony or match), has gotten me a couple dates, however it's not a Christian site. Personally most of the girls on there I found to be flaky. More than once, I was on the way to meet a girl, and she canceled. I've also had several girls stop talking to me for no reason. Everything seemed to be going well, we had exchanged numbers, and what not, they just stopped texting. I've also found more girls on this site seem to lie about stuff.

Plenty of fish or POF(not Christian), has gotten me one date, but I've experienced a lot of the same problems as OKcupid.

EHarmony, I've not had much experience with because I've never paid for it. However, I have two different friends who have met their wives on their.

Craigslist, all I've gotten from here is spam, and parts for my Jeep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IamStefanie

Nov 8, 2011
Dallas, TX
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe dating sites are for me. Now, if I just so happened to meet a person online, maybe like being on here, and I happened to form a relationship with someone, then fine. But to purposely go put in a profile, tell someone about myself and post pictures just to get a man, that's not something that works for me. I tried it several times, and it just never made sense to me. But being on a dating site just might be the perfect path for someone to find their life partner.

Upvote 0