Discussion Dare not to call yourself spirit filled if..

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
__warning_ Challenging toward self examination. This topic may cause feelings of being goaded TOWARDS fruitfulness by provoking us to re-evaluate our faith.
(NOTE :the terminology of provoke and goad is used in the positive sense.ie- to goad a sheep bogged down in mud.out of the mud and back onto solid ground)
-------------
Dare not to call yourself “holy Spirit filled“ IF you do not DO as the Holy Spirit sent by the lord Jesus Wills.

There are many spirits.we must TEST the spirits.
A person can be Spirit filled .but not Holy Spirit filled.

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit. He said he will take what is of me and give it to you.
He will Not speak of himself.
Hevwill lead you into all truth (Jesus is all truth)
Jesus said -He will glorfy ME.

The holy spirit never leads us to the holy spirit.
The holy Spirit never glorifies the holy Spirit.
The holy spirit never glorifies Angels.
The Holy Spirit never leads us into sin.
The holy Spirits presence is the presence of JESUS. His presence has ZERO to do with what we “FEEL”.
The Holy Spirit never leads us into dubious worldly practices in the name of “ministries”
The Holy Spirit Only ever leads us to do the Will of the Head of the Body .
The head of the Body has openly declared his Will for his body .
It is In the great commission.

Lets not be so quick to claim we are FILLED with the Holy Spirit if we are Not DOING the will of the Lord JESUS which is the ONLY will the Holy Spirit can make known to us.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
__warning_ Challenging toward self examination. This topic may cause feelings of being goaded TOWARDS fruitfulness by provoking us to re-evaluate our faith.
(NOTE :the terminology of provoke and goad is used in the positive sense.ie- to goad a sheep bogged down in mud.out of the mud and back onto solid ground)
-------------
Dare not to call yourself “holy Spirit filled“ IF you do not DO as the Holy Spirit sent by the lord Jesus Wills.

There are many spirits.we must TEST the spirits.
A person can be Spirit filled .but not Holy Spirit filled.

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit. He said he will take what is of me and give it to you.
He will Not speak of himself.
Hevwill lead you into all truth (Jesus is all truth)
Jesus said -He will glorfy ME.

The holy spirit never leads us to the holy spirit.
The holy Spirit never glorifies the holy Spirit.
The holy spirit never glorifies Angels.
The Holy Spirit never leads us into sin.
The holy Spirits presence is the presence of JESUS. His presence has ZERO to do with what we “FEEL”.
The Holy Spirit never leads us into dubious worldly practices in the name of “ministries”
The Holy Spirit Only ever leads us to do the Will of the Head of the Body .
The head of the Body has openly declared his Will for his body .
It is In the great commission.

Lets not be so quick to claim we are FILLED with the Holy Spirit if we are Not DOING the will of the Lord JESUS which is the ONLY will the Holy Spirit can make known to us.

Yes, there are many in the church that have never been baptized in the Holy Spirit. The test would be power over sin. Those who have been baptized with the Holy Spirit are DEAD TO SIN; they are no longer having to deal with the carnal nature - it is dead.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm confused in this matter myself.

- Many who is apparently "spirit-filled" don't test the spirits and even tells around "not to resist it"
- Manifestations of the Spirit today are far more frequent than even compared to the original disciples of the early church
- The Holy Spirit is the only teacher (no human teacher needed - mentioned clearly in the Bible) But many Christians claim the opposite.
- And finally, the same "Spirit-filled" Christians who fails to observe the qualities of the Holy Spirit - according to the Bible, are prospering.

It seems like if you do not take heed of how it's done in the Bible, you would actually prosper and have God's favor...

That is my observation. What does it even mean? That these Christians are right, and the Bible is wrong or the Bible is right and these Christians are receiving favor from a false / counterfeit God??

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm confused in this matter myself.

- Many who is apparently "spirit-filled" don't test the spirits and even tells around "not to resist it"
- Manifestations of the Spirit today are far more frequent than even compared to the original disciples of the early church
- The Holy Spirit is the only teacher (no human teacher needed - mentioned clearly in the Bible) But many Christians claim the opposite.
- And finally, the same "Spirit-filled" Christians who fails to observe the qualities of the Holy Spirit - according to the Bible, are prospering.

It seems like if you do not take heed of how it's done in the Bible, you would actually prosper and have God's favor...

That is my observation. What does it even mean? That these Christians are right, and the Bible is wrong or the Bible is right and these Christians are receiving favor from a false / counterfeit God??
Hi , can you define what you mean by "Prosper" ?
I ask because there is a Huge misconception . People wrongly think that material wealth of objects and money and financial stability with excess savings is a sign of Gods blessing .
But they could not be MORE WRONG .
for instance , family # 1 goes to church and does church things and they have a good Job a nice car and house ,food in their fridge ,they wear nice clothes etc and they say "look how God has blessed us " ! family# 2 Never goes to church ,his partner is his mistress his kids do drugs the entire family are wanton sinners . But- , they have a good Job a nice car and house ,food in their fridge ,they wear nice clothes etc ALL the same things and more ! So has God blessed them also ?
No ,he has blessed neither with these things . they both works and reaped the fruit of their labors.

our lives do not consist of the things we own.
Jesus warns in revelations those very people who have ALL they NEED and more and lack for NOTHING and say they are blessed. HE says NO you are (Spiritually ) poor and naked and WRETCHED and blind .

So we see they have ZERO prosperity in the spirit and in the kingdom of heaven . NEVER think prosperity in God has ANYTHING to do monetary means .it can actually be a sign of spiritual poverty because they are Not rich in Faith ,their confidence is in the things of this world , not in the providence of God .

hope this explanation helps a bit .

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So we see they have ZERO prosperity in the spirit and in the kingdom of heaven . NEVER think prosperity in God has ANYTHING to do monetary means .it can actually be a sign of spiritual poverty because they are Not rich in Faith ,their confidence is in the things of this world , not in the providence of God .

hope this explanation helps a bit .

Thank you, so what does this mean? IMO, this means what is being preached in many churches are false teachings.

The problem is seeing is concerning the fact which means, the numbers of genuine Christians are few and getting fewer still.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, so what does this mean? IMO, this means what is being preached in many churches are false teachings.

The problem is seeing is concerning the fact which means, the numbers of genuine Christians are few and getting fewer still.
OH ABSOLUTELY ...not just false but in a lot of cases knowingly FALSE . doctrines of DEVILS abound .

• Informative
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The test would be power over sin. Those who have been baptized with the Holy Spirit are DEAD TO SIN; they are no longer having to deal with the carnal nature - it is dead.

You are really saying that those who have been baptised with the holy spirit do not commit sin.

Is this true in your life and in the lives of Christians you know?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are really saying that those who have been baptised with the holy spirit do not commit sin.

Is this true in your life and in the lives of Christians you know?
John says that not her .she is just repeating the scripture .The works of sin are clarified in scripture .
and i testify Since Jesus set me free I do not commit works of Sin which i KNOW to be works of sin .
as that would be to willfully sin and if a person continues to do that there is no one can save them for Christ cannot die again .

freedom from sin and being dead to it does not mean I do not have the ability to sin,Adam was without sin but still had the ability to sin and did so.
freedom means that while i have the ability to do a work of sin, I DO NOT HAVE TO because it it not a master over me any more

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
freedom means that while i have the ability to do a work of sin, I DO NOT HAVE TO because it it not a master over me any more

Yes playing with words.
Thank you for your honesty in repling.

I preferr the explanation of sinners saved by grace and constantly in need of grace for being a sinner.

It fits relaity far better than pretending to be with out sin.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes playing with words.
Thank you for your honesty in repling.

I preferr the explanation of sinners saved by grace and constantly in need of grace for being a sinner.

It fits relaity far better than pretending to be with out sin.
but it does not fit with scripture at all . and no one bought up being "without sin" .
we must never explain away the hard parts of the scripture .rather we must be transformed into agreement with it .

the hard parts are not addressed in churches very often , in fact these days almost never .

lets take you and I OUT of the picture .

John states (and i'm paraphrasing)..any one who is born of God cannot continue in Sin
i think the NLT version phrases it" cannot continue in the practice of sin "
it not about not being able to sin
its about being free from the power of sin so that a person is no longer compelled beyond their own will to do a work of sin .
If a person can NEVER overcome and be freed from the power of sin then we have two dilemmas one ,the scripture lies and two Jesus failed .

if a person is still one who practices the works of sin and cannot stop, then sin is still their master ,they are not free and thus not saved .because JESUS did Not fail.
and whom the son sets free IS FREE indeed .Freedom does not make us robots .we remain responsible for our chosen action AFTER we have been set free .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We discussed this in General Theology. And it is willful sin, not all sin.

Do you know why a Christian cannot willfully sin
the folly in such argument as "everyone is a sinner saved by grace "is rife throughtout the churched system.
it opposes the very core of the Gospel .
jesus csme to save us from sin not leave us subservient to it.
and he did not fail.

though one problem with that folly of just s sinner saved, is what they think sin is.
people seem to think that every wrongful thought and desire that they becone oware of is a sin they committed.
but it is not.it is a sinful desire and thought but it only becomes a work if sin if you go and commit it.
and it is impossible to do that accidently.

i use this example often (upsets some folks)
but if you are married and your christian husband came home all browbeaten and confessed he slept with another woman .
but...he didnt mean to!
i know of NO woman who is going to buy that.
what do you mean you didnt mean to?
you had an accident?
what? you walked down the road slipped on a banana skin, accidentally looked upon her,lusted her,struck up a conversation and had sexual intercourse????!
errrm NO,absolutely a lie to even imply it.
But it is best to bring it from testimony,
i was in past time that person who sighed oh well im just asinner saved by grace.
but God told me "your not saved at all"
because you dont serve me ,you rebell against me and serve sin and your are perishing in your sin.
he led me to TRUE repentance and i(utterly CEASED the sin of adultary via inappropriate content.
then he led me into baptism by water (full emmersion on our own faith) ,to not obey him in it was to remain in rebellion and never be saved.
tremahe led me to begin Doing his will because if we do not DO as he says then also we remain in rebellion of disobedience and are not being saved.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
the folly in such argument as "everyone is a sinner saved by grace "is rife throughtout the churched system.
it opposes the very core of the Gospel .
jesus csme to save us from sin not leave us subservient to it.
and he did not fail.

though one problem with that folly of just s sinner saved, is what they think sin is.
people seem to think that every wrongful thought and desire that they becone oware of is a sin they committed.
but it is not.it is a sinful desire and thought but it only becomes a work if sin if you go and commit it.
and it is impossible to do that accidently.

i use this example often (upsets some folks)
but if you are married and your christian husband came home all browbeaten and confessed he slept with another woman .
but...he didnt mean to!
i know of NO woman who is going to buy that.
what do you mean you didnt mean to?
you had an accident?
what? you walked down the road slipped on a banana skin, accidentally looked upon her,lusted her,struck up a conversation and had sexual intercourse????!
errrm NO,absolutely a lie to even imply it.
But it is best to bring it from testimony,
i was in past time that person who sighed oh well im just asinner saved by grace.
but God told me "your not saved at all"
because you dont serve me ,you rebell against me and serve sin and your are perishing in your sin.
he led me to TRUE repentance and i(utterly CEASED the sin of adultary via inappropriate content.
then he led me into baptism by water (full emmersion on our own faith) ,to not obey him in it was to remain in rebellion and never be saved.
tremahe led me to begin Doing his will because if we do not DO as he says then also we remain in rebellion of disobedience and are not being saved.

AMEN!!! Most of the church, as you say, turn God's grace into lasciviousness. They seem to also think it is a slow process of overcoming sin, and in our own strength. No! It is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. It is His seed planted in us causing us to be dead to sin - and SUDDENLY. For me it was overnight. I woke up free!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AMEN!!! Most of the church, as you say, turn God's grace into lasciviousness. They seem to also think it is a slow process of overcoming sin, and in our own strength. No! It is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. It is His seed planted in us causing us to be dead to sin - and SUDDENLY. For me it was overnight. I woke up free!
yes.
for me it was being confronted by the truth that i was already Free .
and since i was free, who was making me continue to sin? God told me who...
ME ,i was doing it.
Now i had no excuse left.
Jesus said if you love me you will keep my words
i loved him from that day and am free until yhis day andalways will to be.
what an amazing God we serve.

those who wont stop doing sin when they know it is sin....are serving sin.they are enemies of God.its no joke ,so serious.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
yes.
for me it was being confronted by the truth that i was already Free .
and since i was free, who was making me continue to sin? God told me who...
ME ,i was doing it.
Now i had no excuse left.
Jesus said if you love me you will keep my words
i loved him from that day and am free until yhis day andalways will to be.
what an amazing God we serve.

those who wont stop doing sin when they know it is sin....are serving sin.they are enemies of God.its no joke ,so serious.

Right, that's Romans 6 in a nutshell. Not only are we dead to sin (because the seed on the Holy Spirit is in us, and He literally changes our desires immediately), we must also reckon ourselves dead to sin and free.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

So would you say that a lot of people are deluded into thinking themselves saved when really they are not?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
So would you say that a lot of people are deluded into thinking themselves saved when really they are not?

Absolutely, and I was surprised to learn that Billy Graham said the same thing of the people who came forward.

• Agree
Reactions: Inkfingers
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
but it does not fit with scripture at all . and no one bought up being "without sin" .
we must never explain away the hard parts of the scripture .rather we must be transformed into agreement with it .

the hard parts are not addressed in churches very often , in fact these days almost never .

lets take you and I OUT of the picture .

John states (and i'm paraphrasing)..any one who is born of God cannot continue in Sin
i think the NLT version phrases it" cannot continue in the practice of sin "
it not about not being able to sin
its about being free from the power of sin so that a person is no longer compelled beyond their own will to do a work of sin .
If a person can NEVER overcome and be freed from the power of sin then we have two dilemmas one ,the scripture lies and two Jesus failed .

if a person is still one who practices the works of sin and cannot stop, then sin is still their master ,they are not free and thus not saved .because JESUS did Not fail.
and whom the son sets free IS FREE indeed .Freedom does not make us robots .we remain responsible for our chosen action AFTER we have been set free .

Your problem is that Christians sin, so are they not Christians .

of sinners saved by grace and constantly in need of grace for being a sinner.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Your problem is that Christians sin, so are they not Christians .

The problem is that some sinners call themselves Christians.

Once your sins have been taken away by the power of Christ, you are a Christian, not a sinner.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I preferr the explanation of sinners saved by grace and constantly in need of grace for being a sinne

It is sad this is what you prefer. The problem is you have no idea, nor have you been taught - probably for generations in your past - the absolute power Christ's blood has on us to take away the sin nature. There is no excuse, though you prefer loopholes that God never provided.

Clear your mind of all those generationally cursed doctrines, if you dare, and pray that God would give you wisdom to know what God is meaning in His word, and throw out all the white-washed grace of lasciviousness, and cling to the power of blood infused grace where the freedom lies through the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0