Discussion Dare not to call yourself spirit filled if..

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
One more point about the Lord's instruction to John about the seven churches. This is a separate section to the rest of the revelation. This was Jesus speaking in history and in a specific place to John and giving clear instructions about what to write to real and existing churches. It is Jesus speaking about real issues that were happening in those churches, and what He will do if they don't get things right. It can be assumed that they did not take those instructions seriously because those churches no longer exist. Even the great Ephesian church that was an example to all the churches is so gone that no one can even find out where the remains of it is in the ruins of Ephesus. So it is open to question whether this is apocalyptic in the way way as the rest of Revelation.

You know church history - read the descriptions for yourself. You will see they are in order, right down the line.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
One idea that I read about that was that cold is bracing and it wakes you up and gets you moving; and hot is active, and forging forward. Both are good in their place. I agree with your comment about double mindedness. It is the sitting on the fence, the hateful half way.

The reason I like refreshing for cold, and bold for hot, is because those are the two things the Holy Spirit does, and what the Laodecian church age lacked.

Isaiah 28:12
To whom He said, “This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest,” And, “This is the refreshing”; Yet they would not hear.

Acts 3:19
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

Acts 4:31
31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0