Rev20

Partial Preterist
Jun 16, 2014
✟13,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@ Shocker, don't feed the trolls. They waste your time and the readers' time.

It's a shame that the mods on this board don't do a damn thing to clean up the preterists on this board, but I guess it is what it is.

That is right out of Dispensationalism 101. You debate much?

:)

Upvote 0

Rev20

Partial Preterist
Jun 16, 2014
✟13,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rather than curse the darkness, I'll try to light a candle. Back to the OP

"Weeks" is H7620, Shabuwa

1. seven, period of seven (days or years), heptad, week
    1. period of seven days, a week
      1. Feast of Weeks
    2. heptad, seven (of years)

I recently came across this: Walls of Jerusalem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Walls of Jerusalem

1535 AD + 490 "Feast of Weeks"/ aka Shavuot (aka Pentecost) means either the Shavuot (Pentecost) of 2024 is the 490th Shavuot (if the call to restore Jerusalem went out before Shavuot of 1535) OR... If the call went out to restore Jerusalem after Shavuot in 1535, the 490th Shavuot would be Shavuot 2025.

The neat thing here is that if the 490th Shavuot is the Shavuot of 2024, the "69th" (483rd/ (69 x 7)] Shavuot (when messiah arrives) is Shavuot/ Pentecost of 2017 (5-31-17). ie 7 years earlier than 2024.

This particular Shavuot is the 70th Shavuot after the creation of Israel! (The 69th Shavuot being 6-11-16 and the 69th week of the 69th Shavuot being 6-4-16.)

Someone certainly exhibits a vivid imagination. The wall of Jerusalem was completed in the time of Nehemiah during the reign of Artaxerxes:

"So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty and two days. And it came to pass, that when all our enemies heard thereof, and all the heathen that were about us saw these things, they were much cast down in their own eyes: for they perceived that this work was wrought of our God." -- Neh 6:15-16 KJV

"And at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem they sought the Levites out of all their places, to bring them to Jerusalem, to keep the dedication with gladness, both with thanksgivings, and with singing, with cymbals, psalteries, and with harps." -- Neh 12:27 KJV

Upvote 0

Rev20

Partial Preterist
Jun 16, 2014
✟13,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let them fall on their own sword, its what they do best..

I don't see any danger of preterists (or partial-preterists, like myself) converting to dispensationalism. That would be the same as falling on their own sword (e.g., denying Christ,) and it is not going to happen.

I do, however, see a very real possibility that you will become a preterist or partial-preterist some day. Dispensationalists are leaving their modern, man-made doctrine in droves.

You do know that some of the most vocal anti-dispensationalists are former dispensationalists, don't you?

Upvote 0