NW England
✟1,056,670.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was going to buy new Bible reading notes yesterday, for next year. But I'm not really using them at the moment. I think one reason is that it's hard to find space since my husband's retired. But I also have the whole NT on my ipod and much prefer to listen to a whole chapter/book at a time, while following it in my bible, rather than a few verses only. If I listen to something a number of times, it helps me to learn it as well.

Reactions: James Is Back
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lately I've recommitted myself to try and read at least one chapter out of scripture everyday, but the problem is whenever I sit down, I can't figure out what to read because there is so much to pick from. I want to be able to learn something or hear God speak to me when I read....what are some ways to approach this?
Just keep reading systematically in a prayerful way, and don't find any excuse not to. :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2) To this day, when I find reading more a chore than a joy......I return to Psalms. Just something about that book that seems to restore me. It's a book that so describes humanity and so describes God. It never ever fails to feed me.
Psalms are wonderful! :)

Upvote 0

GraceC

Jul 16, 2013
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I alternate between books in the OT and NT. I start with reading Genesis and when done I'll move on to Matthew...then back to Exodus, then Mark and so on. I find reading it this way I am able keeps me from feeling "stuck" in the OT and with alternating with the NT I have learned to see how the OT and NT fit together.

Upvote 0