Custom, easy-reading themes for CF (New Color - GRAY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hello folks. A couple of changes today, one big, one small. I've colored the User ExtraInfoBox a light gray, which looks a lot better. This is the user info box that sits on the right over each post.

Secondly, instead of creating a new style and copying and pasting all the code, all you have to do now is
  1. install the Stylish extension,
  2. open CF in a tab
  3. click on "Find a new style sheet for www.CF.com".
  4. This will take you to UserStyles.org and you will see my style sheet, "christianforums.com - easy read". Click Install and you should be done.
  5. This will also make updating easier, as you can do it from the Manage Installed Styles menu item of the Stylish toolbar icon.
Blessings,
Paul

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi Avid,

I've made the process much simpler for newcomers. To update all your installed styles, click on the Stylish icon in the toolbar. Click Manage Installed Styles. Click on Update Styles.

To update just the CF style, go to the style's page and copy the Code, or the parts of the code you want (The new hide elements code is at the end of everything else).. Now click on the Stylish icon, click Edit under the CF style, and paste the new code into the Code box.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Added ability to remove Blessings count, Political affiliation, Married status and Likes count from the UserExtraInfo box at the top of each post.

This saves a lot of vertical screen space, and I was finding the Likes count a distraction.

To edit these fields, go to the Code of this theme in Stylish, and Unquote the lines at the bottom. That means to simply remove the /* and */ that wrap the elements you want to hide.

Unfortunately I can no longer edit the OP of this thread, so I'm announcing the changes here.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If it pleases you. Initial response was great, but I lost a lot of takers because they had to create the style sheet from scratch and manually paste in the code. Now they simply install the css from userstyles.org, but the initial surge is over and response has been lax. In addition, I would change the title to something like A custom easy-reading theme for CF, so people aren't scared off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am adding a second style sheet for use with the "Modern" theme. All it does at this point is narrow the thread width, to make for shorter line lengths for easier reading. More changes may come later, so it may pay to check back here occasionally. Use same instructions in post #1 for the original theme to install this theme in your browser.

Here is a before:

And here is an after:

Download link for Modern theme:
https://userstyles.org/styles/122692/christianforums-modern-theme

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.