Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Greetings internet citizens,

This is the culmination of several iterations of a project I've been working on for a better part of this year. The goal of the project is to extend CF on the client side to get rid of annoying problems, fix bugs, and enhance the user experience.

This is a browser extension for Google Chrome/Chromium. I'm thinking about supporting other browsers (i.e. Firefox), but I'd have to figure out how to code extensions for those browsers first.

Current Version: 2.19
Download Link: here

Features
  • Notification badge: the extension icon tells you how many CF notifications you have waiting.
  • Notifications popup: view notifications in more detail by clicking on the extension icon.
  • Super ignore: completely removes posts from threads that were posted by people on your ignore list. The ignore list is pretty much worthless when there's that "View Post" link tempting you to look at the ignored post.
  • Universal Chatbox: read and reply to the chatbox anywhere on the site.
  • Bible Tag: insert bible verses directly into posts with a new BBCode tag.

Suggestions and commentary are welcome in this thread. If you find any bugs, please let me know about them here.

This project is open source (GPL v3 License): https://github.com/ProjectMoon/cfx. If you want to contribute send me pull requests on GitHub.

Releases
  • Moderation: post staff contacts button.

• Moderation: automatically post staff contacts in reports (not always perfect).

• Bible tag re-enabled. Everything should be working now. Some code that should have been async was not async.

2.15 - 2.16
  • Stuff was broke.

• Guard against spaces in the bible tag.

• Enable bible tag on regular reply page (not just quick reply).

• Bible tag (e.g. [bible]Genesis 1:1[/bible]). Supports NAB, ESV, and a bunch of public domain translations. Requires new permissions to access web services.

• Toggle subscription updates being counted in icon badge. They will still show up in the notifications list.

• List unread subscribed threads with new replies (experimental).

• Moderation: fix generated deleted post links, fix modhat button.

• Moderation: Revised deletion PMs. Now sends 1 PM per poster, and quotes all their deleted messages.

• Moderation: experimental support for sending users a PM from the delete post page.

• An info bar will now appear when the extension is updated (requires management permission).
  • Universal chatbox will now remember its open/close state from page to page.
  • Fixed display issues with the notifications popup.
  • Cleaned up code a bit.
  • Moderation: completely changed open/close report button text to be archive/unarchive report.
  • Moderation: Clarified text for close report button.
  • Moved Unread Visitor Messages below Unread PMs.
  • Track unread visitor messages in the notification popup/extension icon.
  • Universal Chatbox: chatbox on all pages. Read and reply where ever you are.
  • Moderation: fixed mod hat autoposting.
  • Options page: adjust notification rate and toggle super ignore.
  • Moderators: mod hat button + template. Super ignore will now not trigger in reports.
  • Fixed the 128px and 48px icons.
  • Fixed problem with Thread.move function not respecting the leave redirect parameter (it would always leave them, even if leaveRedirects was false).

Last edited:

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
New thread because the old thread broke. Release 2.12 brings the [bible] tag back into vogue. If used in its default form, it will pull information from your default Bible version:

[bible]Genesis 1:1[/bible] <-- post Genesis 1:1 from the configured default version.

It can also be used to reference a specific version:

[bible=kjv]Genesis 1:1[/bible] <-- post Genesis 1:1 from the KJV.

The default Bible is the NAB (New American Bible). To change your default version, go into the options and change the version field. The supported versions are:
  • NAB
  • ESV
  • A bunch of public domain translations. The version code is in parentheses next to the version name (e.g. basque, kjv, newvulgate). The version list is about halfway down the page.

The extension now requires access to three new websites to enable this functionality: esvapi.org, usccb.org, and api.preachingcentral.com.

Last edited:
Upvote 0