Curious how many Democrats agree with these actions?

I support their taking down American flag - raising Mexican flag

• Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
What Does Saint Thomas Say About Immigration? - The American TFP

These flag actions are due to immigration policies some people hate.
Thomas Aquinas on immigration.
Interesting points, yes a nation should restrict who can enter into that nation.
And the USA has in the past followed these ideas, but today's democrats want wide open borders, as in even tear down any fence between Mexico and the USA, which is wrong.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I find it amazing on this Sunday morning with our little poll here, seeing how many agree with ones that want to tear down the American Flag and put up a foreign country flag.

Makes me wonder if we have been infiltrated?

As Trump would say, how sad!

So what do we expect from all these people coming to our country illegally? In short time they will want the Mexican flag flown everywhere?

Do you see your country slipping away?
What would your forefathers say?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,515.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
How is it not the same? ^_^
In fact, the "pride"-flag is explicitly political while the Blue Lives Matter-flag isn't. Unless you want to claim that caring about the safety of police officers is a political issue, in which case I have nothing to say to you that the Helen Lovejoys that roam this place would allow to be said.
Being a cop is something somebody chooses to do. Being LGBT is not. And Blue Lives Matter only became a thing in response to Black Lives Matter.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't think its meant to be taken as a serious replacement for our current flag.

Of course it isn't. But it's a desecration and an insult to America, just the same.

Not that they don't have the right to insult America. But I don't have to approve of it, and it doesn't mean that it's something a patriotic American would do.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you see your country slipping away?
What would your forefathers say?

Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination.
-Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interesting points, yes a nation should restrict who can enter into that nation.
And the USA has in the past followed these ideas, but today's democrats want wide open borders, as in even tear down any fence between Mexico and the USA, which is wrong.

Since Obama vigorously enforced immigration law, you're completely wrong about that. But keep in mind that America became a great economic, political, and military power in the years when we had no illegal aliens and in fact couldn't have any of them; anyone who wanted to come and live here was welcome in that time.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anti-ICE protesters pull down American flag, raise Mexico flag, vandalize 'Blue Lives Matter' flag

I know that very few republicans and probably few independents would not agree with what these ones have done in this video.

Just curious how many democrats here on site support the actions of these ones that took down our American Flag and put up the Mexican flag?

M-Bob

They did for attention, and they got it. Most of the immigrants in question aren't from Mexico anyway. They are from other countries within that region. Notice they didn't fly that flag to represent them. lol do what you will with that reality.

Going onto government property and defacing things is dumb, unless you are ready to face the legal consequences. It was a show of disrespect, and yes it does show as they complain about the administration's behavior their behavior isn't any better. That's why most don't take them seriously. You don't have to be on one side or the other in regards to that fact.

If people were truly serious about fixing this issue? They would stop with the name calling, and the 'us against them' stuff and demand solutions. The media and politicians have everyone so wound up, and they are using it to their advantage, and you can clearly see who the ones that 'don't care' really are. You don't complain about it, and stir up the drama...and then sit on your hands. Congress is the ones that make the laws to fix this, and until they are good and ready to do something? This will continue, and you have to ask yourself what advantage it is for them to do just that. They aren't helpless, and their hands aren't tied.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Since Obama vigorously enforced immigration law, you're completely wrong about that. But keep in mind that America became a great economic, political, and military power in the years when we had no illegal aliens and in fact couldn't have any of them; anyone who wanted to come and live here was welcome in that time.
Obama is past history, many, maybe all democratic presidential candidates want open borders.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Obama is past history, many, maybe all democratic presidential candidates want open borders.

Doesn't sound very likely. Let's see your evidence for many, maybe all. What have you got?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does that support also extend to those you don't agree with?
Note: I'm not saying I disagree with you on this particular issue. I don't, as regards those actions that weren't vandalism. I just want to know how far your support of freedom of speech and assembly goes.
Would you support extending the same rights to people burning the "pride" flag, for instance? Or neo-nazis spraypainting swastikas on government property, raising the flag of Nazi Germany, etc?

I have a distinct feeling that your support for "freedom of speech" and "the right of assembly" is limited to those with whom you agree, but of course I might be mistaken. It's been known to happen on rare occasions

You are mistaken. I do support the free speech and right to assemble for the people whom I don't agree with on political or social justice or religious related issues. I don't try to silence them or call them names or degrade them or threaten them. I will take the time to listen to them and if I can, I will attempt to engage them, if I feel that it would be safe for me to do so. I have expressed my disapproval of certain political views, but I never tried to silence the other person from speaking. As an activist, I have attended several demonstrations over the years and I have never tried to silence the opposition, but the opposition has tried many times to silence me and my fellow liberal activists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Anti-ICE protesters pull down American flag, raise Mexico flag, vandalize 'Blue Lives Matter' flag

I know that very few republicans and probably few independents would not agree with what these ones have done in this video.

Just curious how many democrats here on site support the actions of these ones that took down our American Flag and put up the Mexican flag?

M-Bob
As a moderate Democrat I don't support their actions. I support their right to protest but not to destroy, move, disturb, etc... things which don't belong to them.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Which of the Democratic presidential candidates has been pushing for open borders?
It thought everyone knew this already.

Klobuchar: I Don't Support Open Borders Like Warren, Castro
Democratic presidential candidate and Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar on Sunday said she doesn't support open borders like some of her Democratic opponents Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) and Julian Castro.

Klobuchar appeared on ABC's This Week, where she was asked if she supported decriminalizing unauthorized border crossings.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Lets not mince words here, they favor open borders, as did Clinton.
Byron York: In debates, Democrats move toward open borders

Byron York: In debates, Democrats move toward open borders

On the second night of the Democratic presidential debate in Miami, NBC moderators asked candidates whether they would support decriminalizing the act of illegally crossing the border into the United States — that is, reducing the seriousness and consequences of illegal entry to the level of a parking ticket.

"Raise your hand if you think it should be a civil offense, rather than a crime, to cross the border without documentation," said NBC's José Díaz-Balart.

All 10 candidates — Biden, Sanders, Buttigieg, Harris, Gillibrand, Bennet, Swalwell, Hickenlooper, Yang, Williamson — raised their hands in approval. That moment was perhaps the Democratic Party's most significant step yet toward embracing a policy of open borders.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
2020 Democrats all have the same immigration position: Open borders
Other than offering some vague nods to “border security,” Democrats never put forth any policy that would prevent the hundreds of thousands of unknown people streaming into the U.S. Yet if you point out that the party doesn't care about securing the border, a confounded news anchor will insist, “Silly fool! Why, everyone supports border security!”

It’s a cover-up for what Democrats truly believe in: An open border that discriminates against no one from anywhere.

Look at any one of the Democrats running for the party’s presidential nomination, and you will not find a single policy proposal that would stop a single illegal entrant. Or even just the top five of them in the RealClearPolitics national average.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It thought everyone knew this already.

Well, then just show us the statements of those candidates, calling for open borders. So far, you've shown us someone else saying some of them do. Not very convincing.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Raise your hand if you think it should be a civil offense, rather than a crime, to cross the border without documentation," said NBC's José Díaz-Balart.

All 10 candidates — Biden, Sanders, Buttigieg, Harris, Gillibrand, Bennet, Swalwell, Hickenlooper, Yang, Williamson — raised their hands in approval. That moment was perhaps the Democratic Party's most significant step yet toward embracing a policy of open borders.

You showed us ten candidates who think undocumented border crossings should be against the law, and you're claiming that's a call for open borders? I think we've just found your problem.

Upvote 0