manystyles7

Apr 5, 2016
Bronx
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I attend a day program and I have a crush on a staff there she’s a woman not to far off in age. She’s a christian and myself also, but I’ve been having this crush for 8 months now and I act so nervous and clumsy around her now. I’m trying get over this feeling and respect the fact she’s a staff and she acts nice and friendly and sweet towards me because it’s her job to do so. What can I do. Should I avoid and her and how?

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I attend a day program and I have a crush on a staff there she’s a woman not to far off in age. She’s a christian and myself also, but I’ve been having this crush for 8 months now and I act so nervous and clumsy around her now. I’m trying get over this feeling and respect the fact she’s a staff and she acts nice and friendly and sweet towards me because it’s her job to do so. What can I do. Should I avoid and her and how?

If a woman had a crush on you for 8 months, then would you want to know about it? Tell her how you feel and you will be better off because she will respond positively and you will have a chance to develop a relationship with her, or you will be better off because she will respond negatively, and you will move on.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,694.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Work place romance comes with a lot of negative stigma. When everything goes well, people generally don't make a fuss about it. It is when things go wrong it becomes a major issue. Especially true in today's America.

You will be glad to get away with just people saying both of you should have known better. You could easily be made an example for power dynamics harassment by modern feminists if you're both not of equal rank.

However I don't want you to give up on an opportunity. Go and tell her how you feel after office away from busybodies. Whether things will work out for you, remember to keep office hours professional - VERY PROFESSIONAL. Keep your personal relationships to yourself. Modern American workplaces are sanitized adult kindergartens.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps we are too hasty to assume this is a workplace of two peers. His calling it his day program and her a staff suggests a different kind of environment and her having a professional relationship with OP related to his program. If that is the case, the crush is understandable yet realizing a relationship from it is likely impossible due to professional boundaries and ethics. Sometimes one must accept that roles set boundaries that make things different.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What can I do. Should I avoid and her and how?

Relax, as far as it is possible and try to be yourself.
Accept that what you have is an infactuation, she is a professional caring for you.
So unless you can move day centers keep quite about your feelings.

Upvote 0

River__raine

Nov 12, 2022
Vancouver
✟9,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You should ask her out! Don’t just walk up to them and ask them on a date however, instead build up to it. Before you do anything make sure she’s single or not in a closed relationship with somebody else. Build a stronger friendship with her and try to see if she’s interested, if she’s clearly not be respectful and back off however if you can tell she is, by all means, ask her out!

Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if you guys work together or are just at her work frequently, but maybe invite her out for coffee, invite her to a Christmas function at a church or in the community. Ask for her number. If you don't want to, maybe just add her on social media and connect there.

Upvote 0