kit_kat_katie

Princess of the King
Jul 8, 2003
Lichfield, Staffordshire
Visit site
✟8,168.00
Faith
Christian
Who likes cross stitch? What one are you currently doing at the moment. I am doing a Winnie-The-Pooh and friends one looking over a river and they are looking at a frog. There is a phrase at the bottom of it which reads "Everybody loves to play, in a splashy sort of way" Only started it before Christmas and I have now nearly finished it. Gonna wash it, and frame it and give it to my friend Chris for her birthday on the 9th March.

PolymerTim

Feb 8, 2004
Connecticut
✟7,677.00
Faith
Christian
I'm working on two right now, although my progress is pretty slow on account that I'm not a fast cross-stitcher and I am doing too many other things at the same time.

One is 3 dolphins swimming around each other and is really pretty. It was a challenge to sort out the thread since there are about 4 shades of blue, 2 shades of grey and 2 shades of blue/grey! It looks really good so far though.

My second is in honor of my marriage. In the center is a couple walking hand-in-hand along a lightly wooded grassy path with a sunrise in the background and a deer in the foreground. Around this scene are a lot of ornamental vines and flowers. At the top will by mine and my wife's name and marriage date. If I ever finish this one, it's going behind glass!

Upvote 0

judy

Veteran
Nov 6, 2002
Augusta, Maine, USA
Visit site
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It's so nice to see that there are guys who cross-stitch.

I'm working on Marjolein Bastin's four seasons right now, it's really big and has kept me busy for the past few months. I love the colors she uses in her designs.

My favorite subjects are flowers, butterflies, fruit, birds, anything having to do with nature. But I also love buildings and bridges and stuff like that.

Upvote 0

Buttermilk

Oct 19, 2003
✟16,334.00
Faith
Atheist
judy said:
It's so nice to see that there are guys who cross-stitch.
I was was just going to comment on that myself. In fact I know a guy who does cross stitch as well.

I have a couple of patterns on the go at the moment, but have not done much on them recently as I have been very busy with other things. Hopefully I will get back to them soon :D

Upvote 0

judy

Veteran
Nov 6, 2002
Augusta, Maine, USA
Visit site
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
elanor said:
I LOVE to cross stitch! I usually have several projects going at once. This is one of the ones I'm working on now:

Prayer of St. Francis
That looks like a beautiful piece, I may have to order that one. St. Francis has been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl in parochial school who loved all creatures great and small. When we were stationed in Naples Italy, Assisi was on top of my wish list of must-see places.

Upvote 0

gwennie

Mar 6, 2004
Central PA
✟115.00
Faith
Catholic
I love spending time cross stitching! About two years ago I started to design because I couldn't find many Christian Themed projects. What do you do while you stitch? Watch tv? Listen to music? Pray? Just curious...

You are all invited to download a free design of mine from: theholyneedleDOTtripodDOTcom
Gwennie

Upvote 0

judy

Veteran
Nov 6, 2002
Augusta, Maine, USA
Visit site
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Slina said:
I cross-stitch. (Well, lately I haven't really had time). And I have to do relatively small ones because I'm still technically a beginner. My main problem is that I'm always losing count. But at least I'm learning how to fix those mistakes.
Pretty soon you'll be so good at it you'll want to take on some bigger projects.

I'm warning you, stitching is addictive. But in a good way. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
gwennie said:
I love spending time cross stitching! About two years ago I started to design because I couldn't find many Christian Themed projects.
That's great that you do some of your own design, gwennie! Your designs are absolutely beautiful! :) I do some design, too, though nothing nearly as intricate as yours.

Have you checked out Stoney Creek cross stitch patterns? They have a LOT of Christian themed projects. Here's one:

http://www.stoneycreek.com/books/bk065.htm

Here's their home page. It's worth a look. You can probably find their patterns easily in craft shops. http://www.stoneycreek.com/index.html

Happy stitching!

Upvote 0

Buttermilk

Oct 19, 2003
✟16,334.00
Faith
Atheist
gwennie said:
I love spending time cross stitching! About two years ago I started to design because I couldn't find many Christian Themed projects. What do you do while you stitch? Watch tv? Listen to music? Pray? Just curious...

You are all invited to download a free design of mine from: theholyneedleDOTtripodDOTcom
Gwennie
I watch TV or listen to music :D

Upvote 0

sammipher

Blessed stay at home wife and mommy.
Mar 1, 2004
The wonderful south.
✟10,406.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am working on a cross stitch that says "pray without ceasing" it has a big set of hands with a tiny set of hands and a child praying it is so cute...when I saw it, it reminded me that we have to teach our children to pray and I could see my husband and our child in that...so after I finish it I am going to hang it in our nursery.... when we do have a child I will go back and cross stitch their name into it.

Upvote 0

Shixel

halB halB halB
Mar 13, 2004
✟155.00
Faith
Christian
I learned how to cross stitch a few years ago when I was dating someone who was heavily into it. I started on two big projects, one was a horse head, with 50 or 60 shades of brown (I own one of every color made, when I start something I tend to jump right in), and the other was a Norman Rockewell picture of the policeman and the runaway boy in the malt shop having a milkshake. I got about two thirds complete in both, but I'm afraid my eyes aren't what they used to be and the little x's just blur together if I try to do it anymore. Especially white. Recently I have started to teach myself how to crochet, and though my eyes still blur up on me, I can keep at it a bit longer. I really wish I could finish my two projects, they would look really nice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jinnapiban

The time has come...
Mar 18, 2004
Houston, Texas
✟1,165.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am new to the forum & I found your thread on cross stitch... I have about 20 unfinished projects from the last 20 years. I have decided to try to work on them one at a time for an hour or 2 at night while listening to KSBJ (christian radio).

I always try to tell myself that when I lose count, I "personalize" the gift for someone.

Take care. :pink:

Upvote 0

mrc100904

Defender of Small Animals
Mar 19, 2004
✟120.00
Faith
Christian
I've been Cross stitching for years. I've finished 3 so far this year and just started a baby birth announcement for my boss who is due in November. Sometime after that, I have to start a 25th anniversary sampler for my parents.

I've never really been able to sit without my hands being busy with something. I'm not hyper or anything, I just get restless if I'm not holding something, so I figured that I could put that energy to good use.

Upvote 0

Buttermilk

Oct 19, 2003
✟16,334.00
Faith
Atheist
mrc100904 said:
I've never really been able to sit without my hands being busy with something. I'm not hyper or anything, I just get restless if I'm not holding something, so I figured that I could put that energy to good use.
LOL me too, and it is better than holding sweets or crisps all the time :D

Upvote 0

Marissa

Feb 15, 2004
✟16,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
mrc100904 said:
I've been Cross stitching for years. I've finished 3 so far this year and just started a baby birth announcement for my boss who is due in November. Sometime after that, I have to start a 25th anniversary sampler for my parents.

I tried to take up cross stitching for the same reason. That and I think they look good obviously. I bought a small cross stitch kit though and the directions really didn't make any sense at all.

Upvote 0