Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you holding out for one or the other of those two?

My position is that I don't know what causes them. No one else does either.

Most designs have been duplicated with two men, two sticks and a rope tied between them.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Most designs have been duplicated with two men, two sticks and a rope tied between them.
No, they haven't. I need to explain that answer, though. If what you mean really is design, yes, that probably can be done. After all, the designs use circles, so a string and a lawnmower or a board or something like that might replicate the design. I could probably do it myself, given a little time, using a pen and paper.

But to replicate the 'crop circles' is something else. To make one of the very intricate designs, without leaving a trace to show how you got there and did your work minus any footprints or bending any of the crops that aren't part of the design, do it in a short time, and not be seen even when a camera is recording the scene...now, that's a different matter.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, they haven't. I need to explain that answer, though. If what you mean really is design, yes, that probably can be done. After all, the designs use circles, so a string and a lawnmower or a board or something like that might replicate the design. I could probably do it myself, given a little time, using a pen and paper.

But to replicate the 'crop circles' is something else. To make one of the very intricate designs, without leaving a trace to show how you got there and did your work minus any footprints or bending any of the crops that aren't part of the design, do it in a short time, and not be seen even when a camera is recording the scene...now, that's a different matter.

People have done it with success, with boards and ropes.

Additionally, patterns have been found that indicate copy-cat work, where incidents have spawned differing techniques in different areas of the country.

If somebody discovered debunking evidence....well.....it's just not that newsworthy. So why note it? Nobody likes a debunker.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Read post 183 again, and reply to that information if you care to. Thanks

What a ridiculous theory.
This is the way science thinks.

Say a legitimate supernatural event occurs -- (e.g., a crop circle done by a fallen angel).

1. If science can reproduce it themselves, then it wasn't a supernatural event.

2. If science can't reproduce it themselves, then they need further testing, and it wasn't a supernatural event.

That's why I asked a poster here if aliens could paint.

A demon paints something on a wall + a scientist paints the same thing = no supernatural event.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Read posts 182 and 183 again, and reply to that information if you care to. Thanks
People leave out details and only document what they think will sell. This adds to the mystery. As I said.
Here is a mystery. Why did they stop if they were not intended as hoaxes?
Why did they start? Cause they were hoaxes.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
People leave out details and only document what they think will sell. This adds to the mystery. As I said.
Here is a mystery. Why did they stop if they were not intended as hoaxes?
Why did they start? Cause they were hoaxes.
Look, that incident with the guys who made a circle in a field with string and a board made news UNTIL it was discovered that what they produced only looked in very a superficial way the same as the crop circles that been baffling everyone.

The crop circles that continued to be appearing thereafter were much more complicated and could not possibly be created in the way that the men had made their circle. But I've explained all that already.

Continuing to try to explain crop circles by referring to the men with a board is like explaining UFO's by saying that the military sends up weather balloons. It doesn't work as an explanation because there is so much more to the puzzle that remains unexplained and cannot possibly be answered by reference to weather balloons.

• Winner
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look, that incident with the guys who made a circle in a field with string and a board made news UNTIL it was discovered that what they produced only looked in very a superficial way the same as the crop circles that been baffling everyone.

The crop circles that continued to be appearing thereafter were much more complicated and could not possibly be created in the way that the men had made their circle. But I've explained all that already.
The investigators were lying about their findings. I've explained why already.

"We walked every inch of this field and found no footprints anywhere!"

Pretty convincing?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The investigators were lying about their findings. I've explained why already.

"We walked all over this field and found no footprints anywhere!"
Go ahead and explain away all the other inexplicable facts that surround crop circles, then.

If that isn't done, the status of the matter is that there is no known explanation for the phenomenon.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Go ahead and explain away all the other inexplicable facts that surround crop circles, then.

If that isn't done, the status of the matter is that there is no known explanation for the phenomenon.
The investigators were lying about their findings. They did this so people would pay attention to them.
Normally nobody would give them the time of day. Because they are Kooky-nuts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The investigators were lying about their findings. They did this so people would pay attention to them.

You talk as though crop circles and the unexplained nature of them begins and ends with one inconclusive incident that any of us could replicate! The phenomenon of crop circles remains a mystery and you don't have an explanation for them either.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You talk as though crop circles and the unexplained nature of them begins and ends with one inconclusive incident that any of us could replicate! The phenomenon of crop circles remains a mystery and you don't have an explanation for them either.
The investigators were lying about their findings.
They did this so people would pay attention to them.
You've not offered one sentence as evidence that
the sources of "facts" were even mentally competent.

You are off the hook. You don't seem to understand the charges against you.
That your sources are not credible. Perhaps the investigators were the hoaxters themselves.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
All right. Give us just a general explanation for how terribly intricate and expansive crop circles of the kind that have been produced more recently can be created 1) in a relatively short period of time 2) without any sign of a path of access or egress in the field for the people making the designs, 2) how films of the field show the circles in the process of appearing but without any workers, etc. and 3) including the explanation for how it is that the crops themselves are not just bent over but their genetic make-up is also changed in the process.
Looks like they've turned their little green hands to beaches:

sand-circles---by-shipwrecked-vagrant-in-cornwall-1436879656-view-0.jpg

iu

How on Earth could any human artist make these patterns before the tide came in?

Oh wait... they work fast.

Films of crop circles being made are fakes, claims that the genetic make-up of the crop is changed or that the biology of the growth nodes is changed are either just mistaken or invented.

The BBC programme QI did an episode where they got some circle-makers to make one for them:

Here's an example that fooled the 'experts' (there's a better example somewhere, where a psychic turned up claiming she detected mysterious energies and auras while the circle-makers were explaining how they made it!):
Turned out to be an NVidia publicity stunt for their new chip.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All right. Give us just a general explanation for how terribly intricate and expansive crop circles of the kind that have been produced more recently can be created 1) in a relatively short period of time 2) without any sign of a path of access or egress in the field for the people making the designs, 2) how films of the field show the circles in the process of appearing but without any workers, etc. and 3) including the explanation for how it is that the crops themselves are not just bent over but their genetic make-up is also changed in the process.
How many people can double-check DNA? It's pretty expensive to check a story like that. Nobody really has $2000 to re-check DNA. (historic costs)

Upvote 0

Irkle Berserkle

Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2021
Arizona
✟16,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Been following the crop circle phenomenon since the outset more than 30 years ago, although I admittedly lost interest a decade or so ago. There is definitely a mysterious aspect, including other phenomena observed and photographed in association with the circles. Two things have always struck me: (1) to the best of my knowledge, we never find partially completed but abandoned circles because the human makers were surprised in mid-project; and (2) despite all of the eyes in the sky, from aircraft to satellites, to the best of my knowledge we have no aerial photographs of the supposed human makers at work. If the circles were all mundane human phenomena, I would think that fact would be far easier to expose than it has proved to be. I remember when old "Doug and Dave" surfaced 30 years ago as the supposed makers of the circles, how many uninformed idiots demonstrated the level of their knowledge by jumping on the Doug and Dave bandwagon.

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As impressive as crop circles can be, I have far more admiration for ancient cultures such as the Peruvian Indians who didn't have the luxury of ride on mowers or earth moving equipment to construct 2000+ year old geoglyphs.

nazca_spider_geoglyph_t.jpg

10-greatest-ancient-geoglyphs-in-the-world.jpg
14 Greatest Ancient Geoglyphs in the World

Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As impressive as crop circles can be, I have far more admiration for ancient cultures such as the Peruvian Indians who didn't have the luxury of ride on mowers or earth moving equipment to construct 2000+ year old geoglyphs.

nazca_spider_geoglyph_t.jpg

10-greatest-ancient-geoglyphs-in-the-world.jpg
14 Greatest Ancient Geoglyphs in the World

But, what we don't know (and it would be impressive) is whether the ancient Peruvians completed their designs overnight so they'd make the local TV news.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But, what we don't know (and it would be impressive) is whether the ancient Peruvians completed their designs overnight so they'd make the local TV news.

Didn't Eric Von Daniken address this issue in the 1970s?
Super technologically advanced and obviously super narcissistic aliens ordered the Peruvian Indians to construct the geoglyphs so they would be worshipped from afar.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Didn't Eric Von Daniken address this issue in the 1970s?
Super technologically advanced and obviously super narcissistic aliens ordered the Peruvian Indians to construct the geoglyphs so they would be worshipped from afar.

I remember it well
upload_2022-1-23_10-8-12.jpeg

My old man was convinced that it was all about aliens. He was also very impressed when Uri Geller bent spoons.

To be honest - my old man wasn't the sharpest knifer in the drawer.

OB

Upvote 0