Düsseldorf
✟17,987.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It shows that physicists don't have a clue what's going on. They can't explain them. So, what can they explain?
011972b1-fbe8-4dcb-9fcf-bbdcbd2bd8f0-large16x9_AP19185806573742.jpg

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Crop circles exist and they were made by ordinary people with a good sense of geometry and a talent for surveying.
I'll admit that most of them were hoaxes.

Most of them.

But what about some that have electromagnetic anomalies accompanying them?

• Friendly
Reactions: ArchieRaptor
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I'll admit that most of them were hoaxes.

Most of them.

But what about some that have electromagnetic anomalies accompanying them?

There is a dated view from a single scientist that a small minority of simple circles are the result of 'electrocution' caused by shifts in the Earth's magnetic field. As far as I know this has never been verified and is not accepted by mainstream science.

Were it to be verified all it would show is that there may be a natural explanation for a small proportion of circles - no aliens involved.

Crop circles are also an ultimate proof of the truth of the saying attributed to PT Barnum:

"There's a sucker born every minute" :rolleyes:

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What's your take on crop circles?
It's a con, same as Loch Ness monster and other "mysteries". The crop circle perps owned up and showed how it was done. Good for a laugh, unless you are the farmer whose crops were vandalised.

Upvote 0

plain jayne

Aug 11, 2020
Louisiana
✟58,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I think they are beautiful works of art even though it's a waste of good crops.

I don't believe little green men came and made them. As to how humans made them.....I have no idea.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I think they are beautiful works of art even though it's a waste of good crops.

I don't believe little green men came and made them. As to how humans made them.....I have no idea.

How To Make a Crop Circle (amaze your friends !!)
  1. Choose a location.
  2. Create a diagram of the design (although some circlemakers decide to come up with an idea spontaneously when they arrive at their intended site).
  3. Once they arrive at the field, they use ropes and poles to measure out the circle.
  4. One circlemaker stands in the middle of the proposed circle and turns on one foot while pushing the crop down with the other foot to make a center.
  5. The team makes the radius of the circle using a long piece of rope tied at both ends to an approximately 4-foot-long (1.2-meter) board called a stalk stomper (a garden roller can also be used). One member of the team stands at the center of the circle while the other walks around the edge of the circle, putting one foot in the middle of the board to stomp down the circle's outline.
In August 2004, National Geographic contacted a team including circlemakers John Lundberg, Rod Dickinson and Wil Russell and requested a daylight demonstration in Wiltshire in support of a crop-circle documentary. This is the result:
upload_2020-8-25_11-42-51.png

Link ¤ c i r c l e m a k e r s ¤
OB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

The only aliens we will encounter are the angels, fallen or not. God the Father might be considered alien, certainly not human. Christ partook of our human traits, so he isn't now an alien. I am sure if you are expecting little green men or any alien, the local demons will play along with you. I would rather be on the side where two-thirds have not fallen.

2 Kings 6:16 "And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them."

dbl-thumbs-up-smiley.gif

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Crop circles are also an ultimate proof of the truth of the saying attributed to PT Barnum:

"There's a sucker born every minute" :rolleyes:
I don't think his maxim applies here.

After all, if something occurs, people tend to try and replicate it.

So embedded in all those replications could be the real deals.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only aliens we will encounter are the angels, fallen or not. God the Father might be considered alien, certainly not human. Christ partook of our human traits, so he isn't now an alien. I am sure if you are expecting little green men or any alien, the local demons will play along with you. I would rather be on the side where two-thirds have not fallen.

2 Kings 6:16 "And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them."

View attachment 283294
No argument there, Deade!

My take on them is that some are done by fallen angels, some are prompted to do them by fallen angels, and the rest are hoaxes perpetrated by fleshly minds.

• Agree
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't think his maxim applies here.

After all, if something occurs, people tend to try and replicate it.

So embedded in all those replications could be the real deals.

The reference is to the gullible souls who are so desperately willing to find supernatural or alien intervention in an easily explained bit of mischief.

Now, those bright boys, who put the con in concentric, have branched out into the business of constructing crop circles.
¤ c i r c l e m a k e r s ¤

OB

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
No argument there, Deade!

My take on them is that some are done by fallen angels, some are prompted to do them by fallen angels, and the rest are hoaxes perpetrated by fleshly minds.
I think you're being very unfair.

Fallen angels seem to get blamed for everything. :(
OB

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The reference is to the gullible souls who are so desperately willing to find supernatural or alien intervention in an easily explained bit of mischief.
No argument there.
Occams Barber said:
Now, those bright boys, who put the con in concentric, have branched out into the business of constructing crop circles.
No argument there.

$64,000 dollar question: Do you think those 'bright boys who put the con in concentric' represent 100% of those who manufacture crop circles?

Upvote 0