Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As a dispensationist for me a day is 1,000 years. Adam was told in Genesis 2:17 "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." We know that it was almost 1,000 years before Adam died.

How many kittens do you have? I have a stray cat I was feeding and she keeps bringing me kittens and eventually abandoning them. I don't know what to do with them all.

Aww. I'd suggest getting her spayed and then release her back out into "wild". Depending where you live, there might be an animal service that can help you with her. If not and you can't afford the procedure, I could help out.

Do it as soon as possible. The world does not need anymore unwanted babies. Good luck!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aww. I'd suggest getting her spayed and then release her back out into "wild".
We just got 7 cats spayed/neutered, even though I hate to butcher them like that. It is not so bad when they are younger but when they get older and they taste those hormones only to have them taken away that is a bit rougher on them. The problem is at this point we need to get the mother fixed but she is nursing her kittens right up until she is to pregnant to nurse them. She is very friendly but she is also a fierce fighter. You can not force her into a trap and she is really too smart to get tricked into a trap. Unless maybe I build something really fancy.

I had one kitten I put a toy mouse on a fishing line. That cat wanted that toy so bad it fell right into the trap and off that kitten went to get vetted. There were three of them and I did not even care what was a male and what was a female. I just sent all of them into the clinic. Not that I agree with it but the alternative seems to be to euthanize them. I can get them so friendly they will cuddle up with you like you were their brother or sister. But they are still outdoor cats and a disaster inside climbing everything and getting into anything on the tables and counter tops.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some straightforward questions, some with emphasis, you don't have to answer:

After the Exodus:
  1. Did the Jews return HOME?
  2. Was home their PROMISED LAND?
  3. Do they have a DIVINE RIGHT to that land today?
  4. Should they share that land with Palestine?
  5. Were the Jews claiming orders from a deity who didn't exist?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

After the Exodus:
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. Yes
5. Yes

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

After the Exodus:
1. Invalid question, given there is no evidence of them being in Egypt in such high numbers to begin with, nor is there any evidence of their leaving.
2. I'm sure they thought of that area as such, though I think a deity could have promised better land to them than that. I'd still say no as my simple answer though, since I don't believe in the deity they claim promised them the land.
3. No.
4. I see no reason why they shouldn't. Even though I am a person prone to holding grudges, sometimes it is just for the best to toss that feeling aside.
5. That's definitely a possibility. It's also possible that the deity does exist, but never gave such orders.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
if the flood was just something to be believed then no evidence is required, but if it actually happened why do they never ask to see the evidence? some even say it happened but you must just believe it happened because God must have cleaned up any evidence, and these are supposed to be reasonable and sensible people, is it any wonder creationists are dismissed as being backward and ignorant?
Interesting view...Snails and clams on top of high mountains. Whale graveyards in the middle of deserts. Trees buried in mud while standing up. Fish and other creatures buried together defying the so called geologic table. Every people on the Earth having flood legends. Proof the flood is only legend? I think not. Science proves the flood happened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
None of those conflict with observed reality. The flood story does. Evidence is needed, otherwise it should be considered bunk.
You obviously have access to the internet. Do some research..there are tons, layers and layers of evidence for the flood. I'm sure you can find it it you look. In fact I know you can. It took me all of five seconds to find more than I can take in in one day.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Interesting view...Snails and clams on top of high mountains.
Caused by the movement of tectonic plates, which push up old rock layers to the tops of mountains. This has been known since the 1800s before evolution as a theory even existed.

Whale graveyards in the middle of deserts.
You say that as a plural, but there's only one I know of that is notable, and that is in a desert in Chile... which is close enough to the ocean that if a portion of the ice caps melted, some new whale fossils could form. Not to mention that, again, the height of land masses above sea level isn't constantly the same. Also, all the "whale" fossils there are of extinct species, like walrus whales.

Trees buried in mud while standing up.
You say that as if Noah's flood was the only one that ever happened, and that mudslides, etc., don't happen. Although, you might be referring to trees that actually grew through the rock layers, like this one that is still alive:
DSC_0649.jpg

Fish and other creatures buried together defying the so called geologic table.
Pfft, as if land animals haven't ever gotten swept away by a river and ended up in the ocean. But hey, if there is an actual rabbit fossil dating from the Cambrian, I would be very interested.

Every people on the Earth having flood legends. Proof the flood is only legend?
-_- evidence that people like to exaggerate the extent of bad local floods in the past.

I think not. Science proves the flood happened.
There's not even enough water on this planet, even if you include all the water vapor in the air and all the ice at the poles, to flood this planet nearly to the extent the bible claims.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,981.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You obviously have access to the internet. Do some research..there are tons, layers and layers of evidence for the flood. I'm sure you can find it it you look. In fact I know you can. It took me all of five seconds to find more than I can take in in one day.
There is a volume of evidence discounting the flood that is greater by several orders of magnitude than that supporting it. I suggest you do some proper research with an open mind.

In the meantime, which piece (or pieces) of evidence do you find most compelling in support of the flood?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you make mistakes in details, which you do persistently,
I wish you would show me what and where the mistakes are. So far you have not shown me anything. You have a burden of proof that you have failed to provide.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a volume of evidence discounting the flood
Show me where the Bible is not 100% accurate and true. You want to build a strawman and then tear apart your own lack of understanding of what we read in our Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Show me where the Bible is not 100% accurate and true. You want to build a strawman and then tear apart your own lack of understanding of what we read in our Bible.
Humans can't walk on water... silly goose. ;)

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Caused by the movement of tectonic plates, which push up old rock layers to the tops of mountains. This has been known since the 1800s before evolution as a theory even existed.

You say that as a plural, but there's only one I know of that is notable, and that is in a desert in Chile... which is close enough to the ocean that if a portion of the ice caps melted, some new whale fossils could form. Not to mention that, again, the height of land masses above sea level isn't constantly the same. Also, all the "whale" fossils there are of extinct species, like walrus whales.

You say that as if Noah's flood was the only one that ever happened, and that mudslides, etc., don't happen. Although, you might be referring to trees that actually grew through the rock layers, like this one that is still alive:
DSC_0649.jpg

Pfft, as if land animals haven't ever gotten swept away by a river and ended up in the ocean. But hey, if there is an actual rabbit fossil dating from the Cambrian, I would be very interested.

-_- evidence that people like to exaggerate the extent of bad local floods in the past.

There's not even enough water on this planet, even if you include all the water vapor in the air and all the ice at the poles, to flood this planet nearly to the extent the bible claims.
Well You will believe what you choose to believe...even though its not true.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not say that Adam and Eve were "a couple of people". In fact I never said they were a couple at all. They were a husband and a wife. They were the first man and the first women. There were male and female before Adam and Eve but there was no man, no women, no marriage, no husband and no wife. Of course no one knows what any of that stuff means, so I guess it does not matter to you.

Evolution and Science tells us exactly what the Adam and Eve of the Bible were. The Bible and the History books tells us exactly what people Adam and Eve were the matriarch and patriarch of. I am simply telling you what science tells us and what the history book tells us. They confirm that what we read in our Bible is accurate and true.

What Jesus teaches is that you have to watch out for the traditions of man. He talks about how people: "Making the word of God of no effect through your tradition," Mark 7:13 Jesus warns us to: "beware of the leaven of the pharisees". Matthew 16:6.

You can show all the leaven of the Pharisees that you want to show. None of this is going to falsify the Bible. This is only going to falsify your understanding of the Bible.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can think of no religion outright hated by the atheist community more than Islam,
Of course, we are our own worst enemy. You make this to easy, it is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Upvote 0