Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Show me where the Bible is not 100% accurate and true. You want to build a strawman and then tear apart your own lack of understanding of what we read in our Bible.
People don't rise from the grave... silly goose. ;)

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Show me where the Bible is not 100% accurate and true. You want to build a strawman and then tear apart your own lack of understanding of what we read in our Bible.
People cannot both fall on their sword and hang themselves... silly goose. ;)

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How many horse stalls did Solomon have... silly goose. ;)

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Was Jesus' name Emmanuel ... silly goose. ;)

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Virgins can't give birth... silly goose.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Show me where "it" says that.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well You will believe what you choose to believe...even though its not true.
I don't choose to believe it, the evidence supports it and that is all. It's a continuous process we freely observe.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
if the flood was just something to be believed then no evidence is required, but if it actually happened why do they never ask to see the evidence? some even say it happened but you must just believe it happened because God must have cleaned up any evidence, and these are supposed to be reasonable and sensible people, is it any wonder creationists are dismissed as being backward and ignorant?
Hello God's mission.

The flood likely happened but was certainly not a world wide flood. For example, Paul said that the Gospel had reached the whole world in his era. Yet the whole world in Paul's day was the Roman empire, other empires existed that the Gospel had not reached.

Noah definitely existed and so did the ark, think local flood and your problems are solved.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You say that as a plural, but there's only one I know of that is notable, and that is in a desert in Chile... which is close enough to the ocean that if a portion of the ice caps melted, some new whale fossils could form. Not to mention that, again, the height of land masses above sea level isn't constantly the same. Also, all the "whale" fossils there are of extinct species, like walrus whales.

Gingerich found a number of transitional cetaceans fossils in the Sahara. Not sure if enough to be considered a graveyard, but IIRC, it was more than one or two.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Noah definitely existed and so did the ark

There's no evidence of this. And especially given the Ark described in the Bible, it wouldn't likely have been a sea-worthy craft to begin with.

I guess if you really interpreted it loosely and assumed that a guy named Noah got on a boat with some animals at some point in history, that probably happened. But past that... eh.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's no evidence of this.
If you're demanding evidence of Noah and his Ark, you must really be a die-hard scientist.

This is what happens when educatees don't believe in miracles: they stand on the street corners of life, calling for something that isn't going to show up.
pitabread said:
And especially given the Ark described in the Bible, it wouldn't likely have been a sea-worthy craft to begin with.
Yes and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego weren't fire retardant either.

Yet they came out of the furnace with not even the smell of smoke on them.

Remember: amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Hindenburg.
pitabread said:
I guess if you really interpreted it loosely and assumed that a guy named Noah got on a boat with some animals at some point in history, that probably happened.
Boat?

Yup ... you're educated alright.

If I had that much education, I wouldn't understand, either.
pitabread said:
But past that... eh.
Past what? an unseaworthy boat?

Sorry ... Noah's Ark wasn't a boat.

Not outside the confines* of academia anyway.

* That's an appropriate word!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Interesting view...Snails and clams on top of high mountains. Whale graveyards in the middle of deserts. Trees buried in mud while standing up. Fish and other creatures buried together defying the so called geologic table. Every people on the Earth having flood legends. Proof the flood is only legend? I think not. Science proves the flood happened.

Note to self...

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,361.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if the flood was just something to be believed then no evidence is required, but if it actually happened why do they never ask to see the evidence? some even say it happened but you must just believe it happened because God must have cleaned up any evidence, and these are supposed to be reasonable and sensible people, is it any wonder creationists are dismissed as being backward and ignorant?

It is easy to believe if you have witnessed a single miracle.

Because then uniformitarian assumptions cannot be applied to what cannot be scientifically tested. Also there are no direct scientific experiments that conclusively prove the date of the flood. Arguments or rationalisations on the basis of what cannot be proved are not conclusive proofs.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is easy to believe if you have witnessed a single miracle.
I bet. Too bad I haven't witnessed any.

Because then uniformitarian assumptions cannot be applied to what cannot be scientifically tested. Also there are no direct scientific experiments that conclusively prove the date of the flood. Arguments or rationalisations on the basis of what cannot be proved are not conclusive proofs.
Saying that science can't test a conclusion isn't an excuse to keep supporting that conclusion; it's an argument against supporting that conclusion, because the fact that science can't test it means it doesn't leave behind any evidence, just like things that don't represent reality and don't exist.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too bad I haven't witnessed any.
For some people everything is a miracle, for some people nothing is a miracle. Doctors still like to use the spontaneous healing theory when someone defies the odds and they get better.

• Agree
Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,361.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I bet. Too bad I haven't witnessed any.

When you consider the conditions that are necessary to support the existence of life and which are present on earth. When you consider the incredible intricacy of our design and how it all somehow comes together to support intelligent creatures like yourself then surely the logical conclusion is that you yourself are better explained as a miracle than an accident.

Saying that science can't test a conclusion isn't an excuse to keep supporting that conclusion; it's an argument against supporting that conclusion, because the fact that science can't test it means it doesn't leave behind any evidence, just like things that don't represent reality and don't exist.

If science cannot prove its conclusions it is not science.

I see layers of rock which. I believe were formed over a year of unanalogous churning and upheaval which I associate with a global flood. I see fossils of fish giving birth or eating each other which would happen if rock layers formed rapidly. It is simply not clear to say that these geological layers were formed over millions of years. It is unscientific to assert this also.

Upvote 0