Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know that there are holes in evolution so large you could drive a truck through.
Those holes don't bother them, though; as evolution is nothing more than a giant game of connect-the-dots.

The bigger the hole, the longer the line to it from the previous node, and the more faith is employed.

Upvote 0

Ginger Elkhart

A Christian voice
Jan 4, 2011
USA
✟15,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If humans evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys and why aren't they transforming into humans?

The very fact that Neandertals, Homo-Erectuces are not mentioned in The Bible proves they are made up. I mean you would think God would have mentioned them 6,000 years ago when He wrote The Bible. duh.

Evolutionists were not there "millions" of years ago. They recast reality to explain anything they have no ready explanation for and glom onto any theory they find that makes them feel comfortable about the world and their place in it.

They just make this stuff up as they go along. Whereas Christians such as I always have the rock of ages, Jesus, to rely upon as a constant, consistent, force in my life.

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
If humans evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys and why aren't they transforming into humans?

The very fact that Neandertals, Homo-Erectuces are not mentioned in The Bible proves they are made up. I mean you would think God would have mentioned them 6,000 years ago when He wrote The Bible. duh.

Evolutionists were not there "millions" of years ago. They recast reality to explain anything they have no ready explanation for and glom onto any theory they find that makes them feel comfortable about the world and their place in it.

They just make this stuff up as they go along. Whereas Christians such as I always have the rock of ages, Jesus, to rely upon as a constant, consistent, force in my life.
You base on your entire argument on a straw-man.

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
I guess well just have to agree to disagree. You know that there are holes in evolution so large you could drive a truck through. You know that since no scientist has ever taken the theory and put it through the scientific method, it cannot categorically be declared a scientific truth. I could go on and cite some websites for you to look at but I think I'd just be wasting my time. I think you know the holes in the theory as well as anybody and I just ask you to take a second look at them.
What are these "holes" you speak of? May we have some examples?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What are these "holes" you speak of? May we have some examples?
So every species from cyanobacterium to Homo sapiens has been daisy-chained -- at least on paper?

Or are there gaps, where lines are drawn (assumed) from A to B to C to etc.?

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

roflbotb.jpg

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private

Reads like a parody of creationism, is it?

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
I guess well just have to agree to disagree. You know that there are holes in evolution so large you could drive a truck through. You know that since no scientist has ever taken the theory and put it through the scientific method, it cannot categorically be declared a scientific truth. I could go on and cite some websites for you to look at but I think I'd just be wasting my time. I think you know the holes in the theory as well as anybody and I just ask you to take a second look at them.

There are no "holes' in evolution, nor can "trucks' drive thru them. This is metaphorical talk, not facts.

There are things that are not known, much as there are things not known about the history of WW2. That hardly invalidates the fact that WW2 did actually take place, tho.

if you could specifically identify something that you consider a problem with evolutionary theory then you may have something to say. Talk of holes and trucks is zero.

your statement about what no scientist has or hasnt done makes no sense at all. And the term 'scientific truth" is a meaningless term.

Perhaps you mean the ToE has not been proven?

You certainly are wasting your time if your knowledge of the subject is on the level of thinking that any law or theory in science could be declared 'true" or "proven".

You should not be posting,you should be studying. So far you are like a 3rd grader trying to talk calculus.

Upvote 0

rjc34

Feb 22, 2011
✟1,769.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others

Holes? What kind of holes? I'm sorry but your pastor isn't a reliable source for information on science. The theory of evolution from the start has been 'put through the scientific method'. How do you think Darwin took his observations from the Galapagos, along with the other evidence that had been building up and put it all into his groundbreaking theory?

You can claim there are 'holes in evolution so large you could drive a truck through', but that doesn't change the fact that it is supported in by every relevant scientific field with cross-relevant facts and evidence. If you'd like to cite some relevant scientific papers to support your position, I'm wholly open to them.

(Yes, that means ultra-biased sites like AiG and CRI are absolutely out of the question.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You got a problem with holes?
swiss+cheese.jpg

Upvote 0

Ginger Elkhart

A Christian voice
Jan 4, 2011
USA
✟15,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You base on your entire argument on a straw-man.

I don't know what you're talking about. This is like the "you are taking the mickey finn" comment someone made. I wish people would say what they mean instead of using slang.

I must be getting old.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what you're talking about. This is like the "you are taking the mickey finn" comment someone made. I wish people would say what they mean instead of using slang.

I must be getting old.
Perhaps this may help:

A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position

Upvote 0

rjc34

Feb 22, 2011
✟1,769.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others

I must be getting old.

It's essentially the most commonly used logical fallacy in the creationist's arsenal.

Straw Man - Wikipedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Re: Holes in evolution;

See my sig.

If it doesn't seem ridiculous to argue that there are "holes" or "missing links" in the ToE, then you'll never get past a high school science education.

See, just because you claim to know an absolute truth, doesn't mean you actually do. The difference between science and creationism is that science first admits it doesn't know everything and works to correct it. Creationist claim they already know everything, so there's no point in learning anything.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private

Shame on you. Galatians 6:7.

i said that to see if you were kidding, i really could not tell.

but lets see if you are willing to learn something. my experience is that a creationist is incapable of ever admitting they are wrong about anything, but here is your chance for an exception.
If humans evolved from monkeys

The ToE very clearly says they did not.. So learn that first.

Then we will see if you are able / willing to learn more.

Oh in the 'shame on' dept, what make you think your agility to interpret the bible is infallible?

Upvote 0

Herman Hedning

Hiking is fun
Mar 2, 2004
N 57° 44', E 12° 00'
Visit site
✟734,603.00
Faith
Humanist

I must be getting old.

Hmm, "Mickey Finn" used that way in a figure of speech stems from ca. 1903. You must be getting REALLY old.

Upvote 0