United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No part of history is "testable".

Though we can use scientific methods to test what happens THIS AFTERNOON, we can only make assumptions that conditions were the same "yesterday." Even in lab settings, conditions might change from day to day and throw off the final result.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Though we can use scientific methods to test what happens THIS AFTERNOON, we can only make assumptions that conditions were the same "yesterday." Even in lab settings, conditions might change from day to day and throw off the final result.

Really? What conditions might change?

Upvote 0

rjc34

Feb 22, 2011
✟1,769.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others

Are you going with dad's of 'god is messing with the conditions so your results will always be wrong'?

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private

Oh really? You would say its impossible to find a test to see if people have inhabited Africa for more than a hundred years?

No test possible to see if Wisconsin ever got glaciated?

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oh really? You would say its impossible to find a test to see if people have inhabited Africa for more than a hundred years?

No test possible to see if Wisconsin ever got glaciated?

You don't even have to go that far.

It's impossible to test if a car drove through my lawn last night!

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
You don't even have to go that far.

It's impossible to test if a car drove through my lawn last night!

You are so right! We will call Sky in as a expert witness for our defense if we leave a big mess all year long ! Garbage piling and rotting, just any kind of wreckage in the house. When the landlord complains and wont give us our deposit back we will say we didnt do it; you cant prove we did; in fact it happened in the 6 hours after we left. i burglar did it' I've heard of that sort of thing.

Upvote 0