Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
In no way, shape, or form has humanity ever lived for that long and can't live that long. When the first modern humans started showing up (IIRC 200,000 years ago), I'd imagine the their life span was at best 30. We don't have that kind of durability to last even 120 years. Please I beg you to look up information before you blurt stuff like this out.

But you ignore half the equation in your beliefs on dating.

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/updating-the-theory-of-the-earth.7901145/page-7#post-68607783

In mainstream's own belief in the universe - you can not use today's time to calculate past events.

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/updating-the-theory-of-the-earth.7901145/page-8#post-68623825

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That which makes you what you are. E=mc^2.

Thought is nothing more than electrical activity (energy). It is that image (mind, consciousness) that we were made into. An image of which no physical image can be made. But you were already told this in Romans 1:20.
So "spirit" is the sum total of all our thoughts, which ceases to exist after death?

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So "spirit" is the sum total of all our thoughts, which ceases to exist after death?

You tell me what energy does when the material object composed of it decays?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy

Just a memory in the mind of God to which all things return. Hence the memorial tomb - the hope that one will be remembered - since we (our thoughts) is that image we were made in - of which no image can be made. It's all about energy and consciousness. You just need to stop being conceited and thinking man is the only consciousness in the universe.

Upvote 0

nuttypiglet

Mar 23, 2012
✟15,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the soul was breathed into adam/eve and this didn't happen with any other creature. The soul is a part of God himself, which only he can destroy. The soul is not a part of the invisible made visible (universe), it is from God. I guess you could describe it in todays terms as a indestructible memory stick that contains all your physical attributes and memories,emotions. Using this, you can be raised by God from the dead at any time.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
In mainstream's own belief in the universe - you can not use today's time to calculate past events.

You can use the same frame of reference. The rocks that geologists date and the Earth have been in the same frame of reference for the entirety of Earth's history. The only rocks that are from a different frame of reference are meteors, but the differences are pretty small between the meteor's frame of reference and the Earth's.

Since we stay within the same frame of reference, we can use today's time to calculate past events. As another example, let's put a lump of uranium and a Geiger counter on a spacecraft. We will accelerate the rocket at 1g to 0.5c and then decelerate to 0c at 1g. What would a scientist on the spacecraft observe during this trip? The scientist would observe that the decay rate of the uranium is the same throughout the trip.

Upvote 0

nuttypiglet

Mar 23, 2012
✟15,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can use the same frame of reference. The rocks that geologists date and the Earth have been in the same frame of reference for the entirety of Earth's history. The only rocks that are from a different frame of reference are meteors, but the differences are pretty small between the meteor's frame of reference and the Earth's.

Since we stay within the same frame of reference, we can use today's time to calculate past events. As another example, let's put a lump of uranium and a Geiger counter on a spacecraft. We will accelerate the rocket at 1g to 0.5c and then decelerate to 0c at 1g. What would a scientist on the spacecraft observe during this trip? The scientist would observe that the decay rate of the uranium is the same throughout the trip.

Well why is it you can't see there was a worldwide flood? Where is the magical geological column? The sooner you realise the bible is correct, the sooner we can all move forward.

Upvote 0

asherahSamaria

Oct 19, 2013
✟16,390.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Well why is it you can't see there was a worldwide flood? Where is the magical geological column? The sooner you realise the bible is correct, the sooner we can all move forward.

Emm - because the worldwide flood didn't actually happen. That was a movie - you know - pretend.

Upvote 0

nuttypiglet

Mar 23, 2012
✟15,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didnt watch the movie Noah because it deviates too much from the bible. Ok, so your unscientific answer "there was no flood" is reliable is it? How many fossils have been found all over the earths surface from sedimentary rocks? Why are so many in a position as though gasping for air? Why so some still have food in their mouths? Tell you what, take a fish from the fishmongers and make me a fossil, let's see what you need to make it out of sedimentary rock.

Upvote 0

asherahSamaria

Oct 19, 2013
✟16,390.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
I didnt watch the movie Noah because it deviates too much from the bible. Ok, so your unscientific answer "there was no flood" is reliable is it? How many fossils have been found all over the earths surface from sedimentary rocks? Why are so many in a position as though gasping for air? Why so some still have food in their mouths? Tell you what, take a fish from the fishmongers and make me a fossil, let's see what you need to make it out of sedimentary rock.

How does any of that remotely address the claim of a flood that apparently covered the entire earth over the tallest mountain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
How does any of that remotely address the claim of a flood that apparently covered the entire earth over the tallest mountain.

Planet Earth has NEVER suffered a global flood and the Bible clearly shows that it was Adam's world (kosmos) where the water covered the highest mountains. Adam's Earth was "clean dissolved" Isa 24:19 and the solid firmament, inside which was Adam's Earth, was "totally destroyed". ll Peter 3:6 I've speaking of Noah's Flood which happened 11k years ago, according to empirical secular HISTORY and Gen 7:20

BTW, The flood was only 23 feet deep when Adam's Flat Earth and it's 22.5 feet tall mountains were completely covered. Amen?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Well why is it you can't see there was a worldwide flood?

For the same reason that I can't see Santa's flying reindeer.

Where is the magical geological column?

Here is one.

Grand%20Canyon.jpg

The sooner you realise the bible is correct, the sooner we can all move forward.

The sooner you present positive evidence for your claims, the sooner we will accept it as correct.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Why are these fossils found in sedimentary rock separated by millions of years?

Why can't we find a single world wide sedimentary layer that dates to 4,000 years ago?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
:) .... Hard to tell sometimes.

+1

Reminds me of the, "if evolution is true, then why are there still monkeys, hmmm?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nuttypiglet

Mar 23, 2012
✟15,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The grand canyon is a classic example of illusion. It was carved out very quickly during the great flood, not carved by a river. Geologists don't tell you the truth, which you seem to avoid a lot of the time. What happens is, a geologist will date the layers but if fossils are found, they re-date it. Those thin layers you call millions of years have been formed by mount st. Helens over months. I'm telling you, I've looked very hard, and the column does not exist anywhere on the planet. So the water under the continents broke free, the force was more than 30,000,000 nuclear bombs and this was the main cause of the flood. To keep the water circulating it rained. If you read the bible the mountains were formed under the sea because the tectonic plates moved as water was lost, which is why the ark landed on them. It is also why modern fossils are found on mountain tops and upright trees have petrified through millions of years of your so called column.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The grand canyon is a classic example of illusion. It was carved out very quickly during the great flood, not carved by a river. Geologists don't tell you the truth, which you seem to avoid a lot of the time. What happens is, a geologist will date the layers but if fossils are found, they re-date it. Those thin layers you call millions of years have been formed by mount st. Helens over months. I'm telling you, I've looked very hard, and the column does not exist anywhere on the planet. So the water under the continents broke free, the force was more than 30,000,000 nuclear bombs and this was the main cause of the flood. To keep the water circulating it rained. If you read the bible the mountains were formed under the sea because the tectonic plates moved as water was lost, which is why the ark landed on them. It is also why modern fossils are found on mountain tops and upright trees have petrified through millions of years of your so called column.
512px-Horseshoe_Bend_TC_27-09-2012_15-34-14.jpg

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The grand canyon is a classic example of illusion. It was carved out very quickly during the great flood, not carved by a river.

Fast moving rivers don't produce incised meanders.

figure-14-08.jpg

Also, fast moving rivers don't cut a single channel through solid rock.

What happens is, a geologist will date the layers but if fossils are found, they re-date it.

Reference?

Those thin layers you call millions of years have been formed by mount st. Helens over months.

Reference?

I'm telling you, I've looked very hard, and the column does not exist anywhere on the planet.

I just showed you a geologic column.

So the water under the continents broke free, the force was more than 30,000,000 nuclear bombs and this was the main cause of the flood.

Evidence?

If you read the bible the mountains were formed under the sea because the tectonic plates moved as water was lost, which is why the ark landed on them. It is also why modern fossils are found on mountain tops and upright trees have petrified through millions of years of your so called column.

Evidence?

Upvote 0

asherahSamaria

Oct 19, 2013
✟16,390.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Planet Earth has NEVER suffered a global flood and the Bible clearly shows that it was Adam's world (kosmos) where the water covered the highest mountains. Adam's Earth was "clean dissolved" Isa 24:19 and the solid firmament, inside which was Adam's Earth, was "totally destroyed". ll Peter 3:6 I've speaking of Noah's Flood which happened 11k years ago, according to empirical secular HISTORY and Gen 7:20

BTW, The flood was only 23 feet deep when Adam's Flat Earth and it's 22.5 feet tall mountains were completely covered. Amen?

"22.5 feet tall mountains were completely covered" -- LOL - This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've read here. Thanks for the laugh - brightened up my morning no end..

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
"22.5 feet tall mountains were completely covered" -- LOL - This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've read here. Thanks for the laugh - brightened up my morning no end..

I love to see Humanists laugh. Let me explain HOW Adam's Flat Earth was made since you too can have a model of his Flat Earth. Take a solid hollow firmament or container with a hole in the top. Put some water into the bottom of the firmament and then place soil on top of the water, like God did in Gen 1:9-10. Voila, a Flat Earth. Adam's Earth was much bigger though since his Earth/soil was 22.5 feet high on the highest mountains. Gen 7:20

Gen 7:20 Fifteen cubits upward (22.5 feet) did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

Religion tells us that the water covered the highest mountains with 15 cubits of water, but that does NOT agree with what is actually written. Does it? It's another good example of WHY ancient men could NOT understand Genesis. Following their religious Theories leads one to errors. Try again?

Upvote 0

asherahSamaria

Oct 19, 2013
✟16,390.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
I love to see Humanists laugh. Let me explain HOW Adam's Flat Earth was made since you too can have a model of his Flat Earth. Take a solid hollow firmament or container with a hole in the top. Put some water into the bottom of the firmament and then place soil on top of the water, like God did in Gen 1:9-10. Voila, a Flat Earth. Adam's Earth was much bigger though since his Earth/soil was 22.5 feet high on the highest mountains. Gen 7:20

Gen 7:20 Fifteen cubits upward (22.5 feet) did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

Religion tells us that the water covered the highest mountains with 15 cubits of water, but that does NOT agree with what is actually written. Does it? It's another good example of WHY ancient men could NOT understand Genesis. Following their religious Theories leads one to errors. Try again?

Wow - I guess if you think God can do planet origami then anything is possible. Do you think it could be made into a swan? Or a butterfly?

Upvote 0