Polygenist Old Earth Creationist
Feb 14, 2011
England
✟476.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thread to debate history according to the Bible, vs. the evolutionists view on history.

Basically the challenge to the evolutionist is this - try and find something in the Bible you don't believe is confirmed by historical evidence, then post it and i will provide the historical evidence.

I believe the Bible is 100% historical fact, and i have never been proven wrong on this belief.

J

Jazer

All human languages originated during the destruction of the Tower of Babel (i.e. after the Flood!).
Why does Haplogroup J2 speak so many different languages? It sure looks like what the Bible is saying is true. Otherwise J2's would all speak the same language.

Haplogroup J2 is found mainly in the Fertile Crescent, the Caucasus,[13] Anatolia, the Balkans, Italy, the Mediterranean littoral, and the Iranian plateau.[1]
The highest reported frequency of J2 ever was 72%, in Georgians from Stepantsminda (Kazbegi) in northeast Georgia.[4]
More specifically it is found in Iraq,[9] Syria,[23] Lebanon,[24] Turkey,[14] Georgia,[13] Azerbaijan,[7] North Caucasus,[4] Armenia,[6] Iran,[4] Israel,[1] Palestine,[1] Cyprus,[8] Greece,[17] Albania,[15] Italy,[18] and Spain,[25] and more frequently in Iraqis 30%,[10] Cypriots 30%,[3] Chechens 26%,[4] Lebanese 25%,[1] South Ossetians 24%,[4] Balkars 24%,[16] Syrians 23%,[23] Georgians 21%[6]-33%,[13] Turks 13%[14]-40%,[15] Armenians 21%[6]-24%,[4] Iranians 10%[4]-25%,[6] Albanians 16%[16]-24%,[15] Italians 9%-36%,[18] Sephardi Jews 15%[12]-29%,[1] Maltese 21%,[8] Palestinians 17%,[1] Saudis 16%,[26] Jordanians 14%, and Omanis 10%-15%.[27]

Upvote 0
J

Jazer

I would like to see some evidence of babylon. Is that an easy enough target to respond too?
"Evidence of babylon"? There is lots of Archaeology to look at. Esp now that our soldiers are there to secure the various sites. Although it is still not safe to take students in so it maybe a while before they go back to serious excavation. Right now it maybe best to leave all that stuff in the ground.

images

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

hisgrace26

Thread to debate history according to the Bible, vs. the evolutionists view on history.

Basically the challenge to the evolutionist is this - try and find something in the Bible you don't believe is confirmed by historical evidence, then post it and i will provide the historical evidence.

I believe the Bible is 100% historical fact, and i have never been proven wrong on this belief.

How about the existence of Nazareth. Nazareth did not exist during the time of Jesus. It only came into existence later on around 2nd-4th century. Where is the archeological evidence for first century Nazareth? Is modern day Nazareth the same as first century? Some think not. If there is no Nazareth, there can be no Mary and Joseph - the nativity story falls apart. Nazareth is missing in ancient maps. It's not there. Josephus and father Origen did not know where it was either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Sinai desert is about 120 miles from Egypt to Israel, and about 250miles long.

How did a group of some 2 million experienced desert nomads get lost in such a tiny place for 40 years?

A 2 miilion strong train of people would be about 150 miles long, in other words, the front would already be in the Promised land before the back had left Egypt.

Upvote 0

Prince Lucianus

Old Goth
Jul 29, 2004
Amsterdam
✟16,843.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've researched Research1 and found out he skipped the debates here on March the 16th.
He became a member one month before.
In this period he made 314 posts, some pretty long.

So, I speculate (so, not a theory yet) he has a bad case of RSI.
I'm sure I can find a bible quote which confirms my hypothesis.

Lucy

Upvote 0

Research6

Jun 25, 2011
✟237.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
I left this forum a while ago, but realised i left this thread up. So i'll just respond to what was posted briefly:

''Uhm okay, jesus walked on water. Go''

- Most probably he walked on ice. A recent scientific paper was published on this (2006). The temperature around the Sea of Galilee in the early 1st century AD was a lot colder as climatologists have discovered and therefore the sub-zero temperatures could have caused the formation of quite thick ice to support the weight of a man.

''Alternatively, God flooded the entire earth. Go.''

-This is a misunderstanding of the Hebrew for 'earth' - erets. It actually translates as a local land, country etc. The ancient authors of the Old Testament had a limited ancient near eastern geographical knowledge, they didn't know the whole world.

- There is geological evidence (and historic) that Mesopotamia was flooded locally. The archaeologist Leonard Woolley identified the flood strata at Ur, but other's have also been found (e.g. at Kish).

''All human languages originated during the destruction of the Tower of Babel (i.e. after the Flood!).''

- A mistranslation. What actually happened at the Tower was the 'confusion' of designs for the tower. Note: The tower was never finished because no one could decide how it was to be designed or completed. You can find the correct translation in the Ferrar Fenton Bible which reads (Gen. xi. 11): ''I will go down and frustrate their designs, so that one will not listen to one's proposals''

''Asians and Native Americans are descended from either Ham, Shem or Japeth.''

- This is not in the Bible.

- The authors of Genesis had a limited ethnographic knowledge, they had very little knowledge of other races - certianly they did not know of East Asians, Indians, Sub-Saharan Africans or Native Americans etc.

''David's kingdom was the largest and most powerful in the region.''

- Inscriptions have been found which describe David's kingdom, it was therefore historic. That is is described as the most powerful could have been an exaggeration, from an ethnocentric point of view, however David's kingdom regardless of its power and size has been proven to have existed by archaelogical finds.

''would like to see some evidence of babylon''

- Babylon has been verified by ancient historical accounts and archaeology. You may have confused for ''Babel'', however most scholars agree Babel was on the same site as Babylon (but predated the Babylonians).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Research6

Jun 25, 2011
✟237.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
The Sinai desert is about 120 miles from Egypt to Israel, and about 250miles long.

How did a group of some 2 million experienced desert nomads get lost in such a tiny place for 40 years?

A 2 miilion strong train of people would be about 150 miles long, in other words, the front would already be in the Promised land before the back had left Egypt.

The Hebrew again here is debated. The correct figure is closer to only a few thousand.

See this link -

biblearchaeology.org/post/2009/04/16/The-Number-of-Israelites-in-the-Exodus.aspx

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Research6 said:
As i explained above i left the forum, if you check that account you will still see it is up, not banned. I only logged on this to respond to this thread that was left up.

Notestrangeperson has a habit of trolling or derailing threads
I am not a troll. Please don't spread lies about me.

Upvote 0

Research6

Jun 25, 2011
✟237.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
I am not a troll. Please don't spread lies about me.

Please stop stalking me.

Please stop posting in my threads. I don't follow you, yet you stalk my posts, threads and then derail them. You are the definition of a troll - you only post for a reaction, and most your posts only concern attacking others (not very Christian is it? but i think as most are aware you are an athiest/poe parodying a christian). *Now put on Ignore (again)

Upvote 0