COVID-19 Outbreak Reported on Royal Caribbean Cruise Despite Fully Vaccinated Adult Passengers

Bramblewild

Apr 16, 2019
Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Link

Forty-eight people who were onboard the Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas cruise ship tested positive for COVID-19, the illnesses caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, although Royal Caribbean requires everyone aged 12 and older to show proof of vaccination in order to board their ships.

Earlier in December, COVID-19 cases were reported on a Norwegian Cruise Lines ship, according to the Lousiana Department of Health. The Norwegian Breakaway cruise ship had left New Orleans on Nov. 28, making stops in Mexico, Honduras, and Belize.

Norwegian Cruise Lines said at the time that it requires everyone on board to be fully vaccinated.

But remember, everyone, it's a "pandemic of the unvaxxed". Don't let the facts get in the way of the propaganda.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Epoch Times is a questionable source.
This is better: 48 test positive for Covid on world's biggest cruise ship

It said 95% on board were fully vaccinated. Of the people who've since tested positive, 98% were fully vaccinated. The total number of cases amounted to 0.78% of the on board population.
It's not yet known whether the highly infectious Omicron variant of coronavirus, currently spreading rapidly around the world, was responsible for the cases detected.....

"Each person quickly went into quarantine," reads a Royal Caribbean statement on the Symphony of the Seas outbreak. "Everyone who tested positive were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms, and we continuously monitored their health."
Those who are vaccinated can carry the virus, but are often asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. A few will be severe because of other issues.
It is the unvaccinated who will suffer the most, have the virus longer (not having the antibodies to knock it down) and are filling up hospitals in hot spots.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not all people say the same thing.

To me, it has been clear how a vaccinated person can get infected. Plus, the vaccinated person can help to spread the disease. This, I would say, has been in mainstream media reporting . . . for some time.

And I think I have read something like this in CDC stuff on the Net.

Also, years ago I was told how I could still get the flu even after getting vaccinated. But the vaccination could help me to not have such a bad case as if I were not vaccinated.

And this seems to be similar with the COVID vaccinations > you still can get sick but not as bad. This is the mainstream representation I have been hearing and reading.

But there is propaganda, perhaps, intended to make vaccinations look totally discredited.

It seems to be it is a family thing. No member of the family can do it all > we can use masks, use distance, get vaccinated, wash our hands and use sanitizer > each of these can help, but no one thing of the helping family can do it all. And do this partly in order to protect the ones who don't do any of this. Don't get infected with self-righteously looking down on others, whichever way you go! :)

I would say we have people who have done careful investigation and have come up with different views. But others, on either side, are overstating things.

There can be propaganda which overrates vaccination, but also propaganda which overly criticizes and overly doubts vaccinations. There is a civil political war going on, in my opinion, and lying is an accepted part of war strategy, in dealing with enemies. So, yes there could be ones, on both sides of the vaccination issue, who are lying maybe even on purpose.

Also, it is possible certain figures are trying to get people protected; and so they do not make sure everyone knows about all the risks of vaccination. They might not directly deny there are possible issues, but they do not make sure people know everything. But I have found CDC material that has made it clear that there can be problems.

But . . . like I have offered > the percentage of kills among unvaccinated COVID cases seems to be greater than the percentage of kills ones blame on the vaccines.

Let me check, right now >

One source . . . in Google :) . . . says we have had about 51 million COVID cases in the United States, of which 805 thousand died.

And we have had a TV report of about two hundred million vaccinated, and if I remember correctly an anti-vax Christian Forums poster claim 17,000 thousand were killed by vaccine reaction.

Now, of course, ones will say the COVID deaths are over-reported, by medical people, in order to get government money. Meanwhile, ones are suspected of blaming the vaccine for some number of deaths which were really caused by something else.

But 17 thousand out of two hundred million is not the same as 805 thousand out of 51 million. So, then, if ones are so upset about vaccinations, what is their real reason?

"It's my body," some are saying - - while they might criticize abortion supporters for their "It's my body" argument.

But I get how ones are concerned if stem cells are used somewhere in the process of producing vaccines. And yes, have anti-vaxxers been at least as careful to make sure people know about some number of over-the-counter meds for which stem cells were used in their production??

People draw . . . our . . . lines in different ways, I would say.

I was told that a woman went into menopause, but after vaccination she went through menopause again, or something like that. But I looked up something > perimenopause > it is the time during which a woman can, if I understand correctly, go sort of back and forth . . . not fully into regular ovulating or totally pausing. So, it is possible she blamed the coinciding vaccination for how she seemed to pause but then went back to ovulating and then pausing again.

But we have, in my opinion, the human ability to select what we want to be true, then ignore what even disproves us. And we can wishfully seek what is not really proof.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is the unvaccinated who will suffer the most, have the virus longer (not having the antibodies to knock it down) and are filling up hospitals in hot spots.
Here is the comparison of the hospitalization rate for vaccinated and unvaccinated in NY City:
Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 19.51.23.png

Yes, vaccinated people get infected and some even get seriously ill. But you are a heck of a lot more likely to end up in the hospital if you're unvaccinated.

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who are vaccinated can carry the virus, but are often asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. A few will be severe because of other issues.

Nursing shortages also lesson the amount of beds. I lived that this summer in the critical care unit, and it was not covid related. I was there for 2 weeks with the H.

I'm hoping they find a solution for that, but not much attention is given to it. Covid aside for a moment, and you realize its not just those types of patients that suffer. To me its a division tactic used in the political/media realm. They use it to divide people. If they truly cared about the lack of beds? There would be more attention drawn to nursing shortages without the 'unvaccinated' thrown in there. I mean the nursing shortage was there prior to Covid. That's a dangerous bottleneck for the country.

At the beginning you had many that were not vaccinated (because none of us were) that didn't land in the hospital - that was pre-vac/treatment plans. Call me a cynic if you will, but I don't buy this unvaccinated 'filling hospitals in hotspots' that the media claims. That was not my experience when I was there in the hospital, and saw the other patients that 'filled up the beds'. Nursing staff told me that YES Covid is real, but having lack of staff is a huge issue.

It seems YES your chances of getting it with not so severe symptoms is correct. Yet, that's their choice to make. I may not agree with their choice, but it is still their choice to make. I find the blaming of the unvaccinated disingenuous personally.

You have to wonder in the HEIGHT of all this, and afterwards as well if they concentrated MORE on the nursing shortage and how scary that is? If medical personnel that have retired or moved on to other areas might have been drawn back to help for a while until they fixed the issue. If the Politian's/media would have pressured the industry to DO something about the shortage, and point out the grave consequences of them NOT doing it with the public pressure they are known for drawing out? If the bed issue wouldn't be such a big issue today.

Than again - you have to wonder WHY they aren't either. Applying pressure to fix the nursing shortage.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Call me a cynic if you will, but I don't buy this unvaccinated 'filling hospitals in hotspots' that the media claims. That was not my experience when I was there in the hospital, and saw the other patients that 'filled up the beds'

It’s the hospitals saying that, and the media reporting what the hospitals are saying. The data on how many vaccinated vs. unvaccinated are hospitalized and dying is publicly available. The hospitals that were overwhelmed had to send patients to other hospitals, sometimes in other states, and there was ample evidence of that. Why are you ignoring all of that? Your one experience in a hospital (not in the COVID ward does not erase everyone else’s experience and the data.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s the hospitals saying that, and the media reporting what the hospitals are saying. The data on how many vaccinated vs. unvaccinated are hospitalized and dying is publicly available. The hospitals that were overwhelmed had to send patients to other hospitals, sometimes in other states, and there was ample evidence of that. Why are you ignoring all of that? Your one experience in a hospital (not in the COVID ward does not erase everyone else’s experience and the data.

They had entire floor for CCU. 1/2 the floor was unstaffed. This was large city hospital, and it was third hospital they (prior hospital was calling, because he needed complicated resources that they didn't have at smaller hospital) had to call to find a bed. They had 40+ beds empty, and they told me - and other families there - it was due to staff shortages. I have two friends that work as nurses, and its the same there was well. They said the shortages started before Covid. They told me this when I would call them (friends that are nurses) about what the doctors were telling about the H's condition. I though maybe it was just our area is why the subject came up to begin with in when I called them for advice.

There has been articles speaking about this:

The bravery and dedication of America’s nurses have been displayed in front-page newspaper stories across the country throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the pandemic has also been a huge strain on nurses and the healthcare system, due in part to limited staff and resources. The nursing shortage facing America began long before the pandemic propelled it into the headlines once again.

There is a big difference between lack of beds, because ALL of them are taken...and lack of beds because you have no nurses to staff them. That's doesn't make them NOT overwhelmed. Lack of staff is a factor in being overwhelmed no? Hospital administration are doing to say what is best for them at the time, because they feel that is their job. Are you seriously saying hospital staff lie, because the administration says something different?

They had Covid patients there, but WE were not there for Covid. We had another medical emergency. He was isolated because of his condition as well. The nurses spoke about when they had more Covid patients than they did at the time, and that is why they stressed covid was REAL. I never felt it wasn't, but as you know some did. No doubt why they mentioned it at the time.

When you have lack of staff you are going to call other hospitals and even go out of state. If they are all dealing with the same thing? That's a problem. That's a crisis. Since, the nursing organizations - and other medical organizations state this was issue PRIOR to the Pandemic? That's not ignoring anything. That is the reality. If this was a reality prior to the Pandemic - why the blame towards the unvaccinated? We should be addressing the true bottleneck in this - lack of nursing staff. We don't know what would have happened if they did have a full staff, because they didn't have it.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They had entire floor for CCU. 1/2 the floor was unstaffed. This was large city hospital, and it was third hospital they (prior hospital was calling, because he needed complicated resources that they didn't have at smaller hospital) had to call to find a bed. They had 40+ beds empty, and they told me - and other families there - it was due to staff shortages. I have two friends that work as nurses, and its the same there was well. They said the shortages started before Covid. They told me this when I would call them (friends that are nurses) about what the doctors were telling about the H's condition. I though maybe it was just our area is why the subject came up to begin with in when I called them for advice.
That’s not a response to my comment, is it? Like I said, your anecdote doesn’t cancel out data. Why are you ignoring the data in favor of your very, very limited personal experience? That’s not rational.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What they don't know is of the positive cases, when these people got infected and how ?

They could've picked up the virus on their way from their hotel to the ship by the cab driver
or, the virus could've been brought onto the ship by outsiders loading supplies onto the ship.

Either way, those who tested positive were asymptomatic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s not a response to my comment, is it? Like I said, your anecdote doesn’t cancel out data. Why are you ignoring the data in favor of your very, very limited personal experience? That’s not rational.

A nursing shortage isn't back up by data huh?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is a big difference between lack of beds, because ALL of them are taken...and lack of beds because you have no nurses to staff them.
. I thought it was common knowledge that “lack of beds” doesn’t mean physical beds do much as beds with the staff to take care of them. No one is disputing that, you don’t need to convince us.

Are you seriously saying hospital staff lie, because the administration says something different?
. Lol what? I haven’t said anything of the sort. My roommate works at the hospital. I hear daily about what is happening there and it’s in line with what healthcare workers everywhere have been saying, that people need to get vaccinated because hospitals have been or are being overwhelmed with UNVACCINATED people. I heard all about the people being flown in from Idaho because their hospitals were full and about patients in the hallways because they didn’t have enough beds. If you think it’s important to believe healthcare workers, why would you ignore their almost universal pleas that unvaccinated people are causing the crisis?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A nursing shortage isn't back up by data huh?
There is a nursing shortage, I didn’t dispute that. I was referring to data that shows that unvaccinated people are the ones filling hospitals (or were) and causing them to be overwhelmed. What about that data?

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
. I thought it was common knowledge that “lack of beds” doesn’t mean physical beds do much as beds with the staff to take care of them. No one is disputing that, you don’t need to convince us.

. Lol what? I haven’t said anything of the sort. My roommate works at the hospital. I hear daily about what is happening there and it’s in line with what healthcare workers everywhere have been saying, that people need to get vaccinated because hospitals have been or are being overwhelmed with UNVACCINATED people. I heard all about the people being flown in from Idaho because their hospitals were full and about patients in the hallways because they didn’t have enough beds. If you think it’s important to believe healthcare workers, why would you ignore their almost universal pleas that unvaccinated people are causing the crisis?

It's an attempt at a Red Herring, don't go down that rabbit hole.

Upvote 0

LeafByNiggle

Jul 20, 2021
Minneapolis
✟174,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is not valid to cite statistics on vaccinated people without also citing the corresponding statistics on unvaccinated people. When you do that, this is what you get according to the CDC:

Unvaccinated people are about six times more likely to test positive than vaccinated people, nine times more likely to be hospitalized, and 14 times more likely to die from COVID-related complications.

From this we can see that vaccines do indeed help tremendously against covid, even if they are not perfect. There are breakthrough infections as the factor 6 from above shows, but at only 1/6 the rate of the unvaccinated, and those tend to be more mild, as indicated by the factor 9 above. And even if one is hospitalized, those who have been vaccinated are much less likely to die of covid, as indicated by the 14 factor above.

The good news is the even with the Omicron variant, antibodies are 37 times higher after receiving a Moderna booster. Similar results hold for Pfizer. The vaccines are the best shot we have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Link

Forty-eight people who were onboard the Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas cruise ship tested positive for COVID-19, the illnesses caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, although Royal Caribbean requires everyone aged 12 and older to show proof of vaccination in order to board their ships.

Earlier in December, COVID-19 cases were reported on a Norwegian Cruise Lines ship, according to the Lousiana Department of Health. The Norwegian Breakaway cruise ship had left New Orleans on Nov. 28, making stops in Mexico, Honduras, and Belize.

Norwegian Cruise Lines said at the time that it requires everyone on board to be fully vaccinated.

But remember, everyone, it's a "pandemic of the unvaxxed". Don't let the facts get in the way of the propaganda.

The news strains are more contagious but vaccination reduces the mortality rate dramatically.
At my workplace 3 people got Covid the same weekend, but 2 were back to work on Monday.
But that's about 1/3 of our staff, total.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

There has been articles speaking about this:

There is a big difference between lack of beds, because ALL of them are taken...and lack of beds because you have no nurses to staff them. That's doesn't make them NOT overwhelmed. Lack of staff is a factor in being overwhelmed no? Hospital administration are doing to say what is best for them at the time, because they feel that is their job. Are you seriously saying hospital staff lie, because the administration says something different?

They had Covid patients there, but WE were not there for Covid. We had another medical emergency. He was isolated because of his condition as well. The nurses spoke about when they had more Covid patients than they did at the time, and that is why they stressed covid was REAL. I never felt it wasn't, but as you know some did. No doubt why they mentioned it at the time.

When you have lack of staff you are going to call other hospitals and even go out of state. If they are all dealing with the same thing? That's a problem. That's a crisis. Since, the nursing organizations - and other medical organizations state this was issue PRIOR to the Pandemic? That's not ignoring anything. That is the reality. If this was a reality prior to the Pandemic - why the blame towards the unvaccinated? We should be addressing the true bottleneck in this - lack of nursing staff. We don't know what would have happened if they did have a full staff, because they didn't have it.

NONSENSE if there is no one to staff the beds, then they can't staff the beds, that's exactly whats been happening. Capacity isn't just rooms. One of the biggest problems with covid is that it takes more people to staff the beds. A ICU full of gunshots, and cancer patients requires less staff then a ICU filled with covid. They need constant monitoring, and health care throughout their stay. This has been reported by the hospitals from the very start, and many during many surges they couldn't even just get more staff as everywhere was in trouble.

Then add in that many places ran out of ambulances during the last surge as the emergency rooms were too full.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
also happening in Major sports covid shutdown

NBA reaches 95% vaccination rate among players
Report: NBA reaches 95% vaccination rate among players

More than 90 players are currently in the
NBA's COVID-19 health and safety protocols
NBA COVID tracker: Wizards' Bradley Beal enters protocols; Nets vs. Blazers ninth game to be postponed
-

There have been 70 NBA players who’ve entered health and safety protocols
this month (out of 86 all season), and 50 of them have entered in the
past week (12/12-12/18) alone.
NBA COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols: Current list of players sidelined
-

"a challenging week for the NHL, as 11 teams have suspended
operations. "More than 15% of the league's players were in
virus protocols [have covid] as of Monday night.

Only one player in the NHL is not vaxed.
NHL to break early for holidays amid COVID spike

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve11987

May 17, 2021
Westerville
✟21,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Link

Do you recommend that your friends and family not get vaccinated?

IMO, the vaccine is a tool that can help America make it through the pandemic.

Upvote 0