Could there actually be two major Jerusalem third temples in the future?

Is the Ezekiel 40 - 48 temple complex.... centred on the Temple Mount?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not sure but this is an interesting possibility.

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Could the Ezekiel chapter 40 - 48 temple complex be separate from what the Orthodox Jews wish to build on the Temple Mount Complex?

This is an entirely new subject to me that I only began to consider after reading the following website:

https://galgal.dreamwidth.org/5507.html

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So far.... I personally went with
"I am not sure but this is an interesting possibility, " because this is a new idea that I have only began to think about for a couple of months.

A brilliant scholar is postulating that the Ezekiel 40 - 48 complex could be centered in a national park well outside of Jerusalem.

Obviously...... this possibility has huge implications.

https://galgal.dreamwidth.org/29766.html

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could the Ezekiel chapter 40 - 48 temple complex be separate from what the Orthodox Jews wish to build on the Temple Mount Complex?

This is an entirely new subject to me that I only began to consider after reading the following website:

https://galgal.dreamwidth.org/5507.html
There have already been three temples: Solomon's Temple, Nehemiah's Temple and Herod's much larger temple. http://bibleq.net/answer/5467/

As far as I know no one has been issued a building permit to build a Jewish national temple. They met in synagogues.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
There is no reason to believe that there will ever be a third temple.
If so, then what temple is this prophecy about?
2 Thessalonians 2:4
He is the opponent of every so-called god or object of worship and promotes himself over them. So he sits in God’s temple, displaying himself to show that he is God.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Officially there have only been the two Temples in Jerusalem. However, we know that there was a Jewish temple in Elephantine through around the middle of the 4th century BCE (so older than the others and not likely worth mentioning as there were other old sacrificial places mentioned in the Bible). Of course the temples at Tel-Dan and Bethel also existed for other reasons. Then there is also the Samaritan Temple at Mount Gerizim.

More interestingly (to me) there was a Jewish temple at Leontopolis (temple of Onias) in Egypt that functioned to about 73 AD, meaning it lasted a few years after the Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed. Josephus mentiones it and we have found the remains/ruins in the town. This temple also had sacrifices and temple services:LINK
The Egyptian Jews sacrificed frequently in the temple of Leontopolis, although at the same time they fulfilled their duty toward the Temple at Jerusalem, as Philo narrates that he himself did. The Temple at Leontopolis never gained the popularity of that of Jerusalem; while the Alexandrine Jews might like having a subordinate temple close to home, support for the Temple of Onias never was seen to replace the need to send tithes and pilgrims to Jerusalem. Indeed, the Leontopolist temple site seems never to have achieved even the importance of the synagogue in Alexandria's Jewish quarter.

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There have already been three temples: Solomon's Temple, Nehemiah's Temple and Herod's much larger temple. http://bibleq.net/answer/5467/

As far as I know no one has been issued a building permit to build a Jewish national temple. They met in synagogues.
Most scholars and religious authorities agree that there were only two temples. Herod's Temple, while a near complete rebuild, is not considered a new temple as temple services functioned throughout construction work.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate

Because sacrifices never stopped as Herod's construction went on, Herod's temple is considered a renovation of the second Temple, not a third temple.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How about that observant Jews wish to observe the sacrificial laws.

Exactly...... and many of us Christians take a certain statement as indicating that they are probably correct to want this......

Luke 24:25

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Exactly...... and many of us Christians take a certain statement as indicating that they are probably correct to want this......

Luke 24:25

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

A fair number of scholars are talking of a 4th Temple - but it's a bit of a grey area.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A fair number of scholars are talking of a 4th Temple - but it's a bit of a grey area.

Yes........ a Jerusalem Third Temple that would be on the Temple Mount.......
and then an Ezekiel TEmple Complex that would correspond with Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48.... the best theories that I ever read on that idea are here:

galgal | Entries tagged with temple

and here:

Ezekiel's Temple: why are we still not building?
Ezekiel's Temple: why are we still not building?

Ezekiel's Temple, the Third Temple:

112804.png

60533.png

42245.png

19181.jpg

2038.png

7165.png

4948.jpg

31°28'58"N 35°14'37"E

This place is located in the Judean Desert, about 30 km south of Jerusalem, between Ein Gedi and Hebron.

The southern slope of the mountain, as it is written in the book of Ezekiel.

8389.jpg

It looks like the ruins of an ancient altar. Altar of Abraham, the land of Moriah, Jehovah Jireh?

5195.jpg

8984.jpg

It seems to me that the Temple is described in the book of the prophet Ezekiel quite clearly, so that it could be built. Can someone think that unbelievers will be able to build this Temple? Someone is waiting for this Temple to be built by the government of Israel, or the US government? Or are there those who hope that representatives of orthodox Judaism will be able to build the Third Temple, those who do not believe in Messiah Yeshua will be able to build the Temple of Messiah Yeshua?

If this Temple is to be built by us, Messianic Jews and Christians, then why are we engaged in any other business except the most important???

Posted on 11/07/2017
Now you can download the 3D model of the Temple with 3dwarehouse.sketchup.com, there is also a 3D view in the browser.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have had that idea rattling around my mind for at least 50 years....

• Useful
Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The Bible describes a massive earthquake that will change the layout of Jerusalem and Israel as we know it.

As for the amount of temples, how is this a question?
Revelation says there will be a Millennial temple in the Millennial Jerusalem. It is described in detail in Ezekiel.

Then after the millennium there will be a a New Jerusalem without a temple because Yeshua himself will "be the temple".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have had that idea rattling around my mind for at least 50 years....

Yes...... the Ezekiel Temple complex could be a fourth Jerusalem Temple and / or the New Jerusalem could be the fourth temple if the Ezekiel 40 - 48 one isn't?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Bible describes a massive earthquake that will change the layout of Jerusalem and Israel as we know it.

As for the amount of temples, how is this a question?
Revelation says there will be a Millennial temple in the Millennial Jerusalem. It is described in detail in Ezekiel.

Then after the millennium there will be a a New Jerusalem without a temple because Yeshua himself will "be the temple".

It seems to me that IF ... the tradition is true that a replica of the Ark of the Covenant was made in the time of King Solomon........
then the Orthodox Jews could have their Temple Mount Temple .... perhaps near the Gihon Spring which is well away from the Al Aqsa Mosque or the Dome of the Rock........ and then the Ezekiel Temple Complex fitting all details given in Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48... could use the other Ark of the Covenant.

The New Jerusalem that comes down later does not need an Ark of the Covenant or a Temple...... because the Father is in it.... and so is Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.....

"In a September 1935, article in the National Geographic magazine, L. Roberts recorded his interviews with various priests in different parts of Ethiopia who consistently told the same story. They recounted that the Queen of Sheba had visited King Solomon and had had "a child", Menelik I. Solomon educated the lad in Jerusalem until he was nineteen years old. The boy then returned to Ethiopia with a large group of Jews, taking with him the true Ark of the Covenant.
The Ethiopian official national epic known as the Glory of the Kings (Kebra-Nagasi) contains an amazing story which offers an explanation of what happened to the Ark of the Covenant. In addition, there are several Ethiopian murals which tell how the Ark and the Tablets of the Law were taken to Ethiopia for safekeeping by Prince Menelik I. ..... The Queen of Sheba, his mother, had died and the prince prepared to leave Jerusalem to return twenty-five hundred miles to his native country to become its king.

Prince Menelik bore an uncanny resemblance in beauty and regal bearing to his father. King Solomon wanted to give him a replica of the Ark to take with him to Ethiopia because the long distance would prevent him from ever again worshipping at the temple in Jerusalem.

However Prince Menelik was concerned with the growing apostasy of Israel and the fact that his father, Solomon was now allowing idols to be placed in the Temple to please his pagan wives. King Solomon gave the prince a going-away banquet and after the priests were filled with wine, Menelik and his loyal associates switched arks and left the replica in its place in the Holy of Holies.// (Grant Jeffrey, [page 115, Armageddon, Appointment with Destiny).

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes...... the Ezekiel Temple complex could be a fourth Jerusalem Temple and / or the New Jerusalem could be the fourth temple if the Ezekiel 40 - 48 one isn't?

There is no temple (building) in New Jerusalem. "The lamb is its temple." You might be conflating the Millennial Jerusalem with the New Jerusalem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me that IF ... the tradition is true that a replica of the Ark of the Covenant was made in the time of King Solomon........
then the Orthodox Jews could have their Temple Mount Temple .... perhaps near the Gihon Spring which is well away from the Al Aqsa Mosque or the Dome of the Rock........ and then the Ezekiel Temple Complex fitting all details given in Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48... could use the other Ark of the Covenant.

The New Jerusalem that comes down later does not need an Ark of the Covenant or a Temple...... because the Father is in it.... and so is Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.....

Again, how is there even a question?

At no point in scripture are two simultaneous temples described.

Zechariah describes a huge valley being formed when the Messiah sets his foot on the earth, the geography will be completely different. As I recall there is scripture saying that no building or mountain will be left standing. Present day geography is not relevant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The way I see it, there will be a man-made temple which the Anti-Yeshua will declare himself as God from but that is before the Millennium. During the Millennium, I can see Yeshua, having prepared the New Jerusalem city, come to get His Saints to dwell, celebrate the Wedding, and read the Book of Life, getting their tears wiped, etc... At the end of the thousand years, the Saints and Yeshua come with the City of God, and the wicked dead raise from the dead to coming their last thoughts of hatred, and Satan stirs them up for one last assault upon the people of God, who all happen to be in the City of God. Judgement breaks out in the verdict read, the sentence pronounce and the Hell fire burns them up to ashes, with the last to die is death and Satan. With that fire, it continues to burn up the earth, with a final cleansing, and then God creates it all with us watching Him. This time there will be no temple.

• Useful
Upvote 0