Could there actually be two major Jerusalem third temples in the future?

Is the Ezekiel 40 - 48 temple complex.... centred on the Temple Mount?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not sure but this is an interesting possibility.

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If so, then what temple is this prophecy about?
2 Thessalonians 2:4
He is the opponent of every so-called god or object of worship and promotes himself over them. So he sits in God’s temple, displaying himself to show that he is God.
It does seem like Paul thought that was going to happen in the temple that was standing when he wrote that letter, though.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
It does seem like Paul thought that was going to happen in the temple that was standing when he wrote that letter, though.
I understand that is has been calculated that 2 Thess was written in the early 50's AD. So I wonder if there was something going on at the Jerusalem Temple that cause Paul to suspect something like this was going to happen?

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I understand that is has been calculated that 2 Thess was written in the early 50's AD. So I wonder if there was something going on at the Jerusalem Temple that cause Paul to suspect something like this was going to happen?

The Herodian dynasty, who did some major work on the Temple, may well have expected, when Paul wrote his letter to the Thessalonian believers, 20 years before its destruction, for it to last decades. Herod wasn't a real Jew, and given his murderous lifestyle, Paul could have foreseen that a future descendant of Herod would turn completely away from G_d and Torah, and the Chief Priests would have been as corrupt as Herod's offspring. I could imagine that one of those descendants would take his seat in the Temple. Fortunately, G_d stepped in... .

The letter was written quite early in Paul's ministry. If you deduct the 17 missing years, since the road to Damascus, from date of the letter, thought to be 53 AD, you find that you get to 36 AD - probably 6 years from the death of Yeshua. So Paul was writing with the words of Yeshua still very fresh in his mind, and he could probably see that this corruption in the Temple was coming down the tracks at a great speed!

Maybe that is why many of his teachings were expectant of the return of Yeshua and the end times - he expected G_d to not put up with this, which of course he didn't - the Temple was razed to the ground, circa 20 years after Paul wrote to the Thessalonians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Herodian dynasty, who did some major work on the Temple, may well have expected, when Paul wrote his letter to the Thessalonian believers, 20 years before its destruction, for it to last decades. Herod wasn't a real Jew, and given his murderous lifestyle, Paul could have foreseen that a future descendant of Herod would turn completely way from G_d and Torah, and the Chief Priests would have been as corrupt as Herod's offspring. I could imagine that one of those descendants would take his seat in the Temple. Fortunately, G_d stepped in... .

The letter was written quite early in Paul's ministry. If you deduct the 17 missing years, since the road to Damascus, from date of the letter, thought to be 53 AD, you find that you get to 36 AD - probably 6 years from the death of Yeshua. So Paul was writing with the words of Yeshua still very fresh in his mind, and he could probably see that this corruption in the Temple was coming down the tracks at a great speed!

Maybe that is why many of his teachings were expectant of the return of Yeshua and the end times - he expected G_d to not put up with this, which of course he didn't - the Temple was razed to the ground, circa 20 years after Paul wrote to the Thessalonians.

Based on what you write here I believe that you can give a good answer to a question that has been on my mind?

How many years were probably between the writing of II Corinthians to the Book of Romans?

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Based on what you write here I believe that you can give a good answer to a question that has been on my mind?

How many years were probably between the writing of II Corinthians to the Book of Romans?

Written about the came time.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

This is a video from 2014. The one guy who made the statement isn't even Minister of Housing and Construction anymore. From his Wikipedia article it appears he was merely calling for the building of a synagogue near to the al-aqsa mosque.

This news is almost as fake as when you said the UN was calling for people to worship Lucifer.

Why is there no sense of realism on this forum ?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
This is a video from 2014. The one guy who made the statement isn't even Minister of Housing and Construction anymore. From his Wikipedia article it appears he was merely calling for the building of a synagogue near to the al-aqsa mosque.

This news is almost as fake as when you said the UN was calling for people to worship Lucifer.

Why is there no sense of realism on this forum ?
Lucis Trust

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
One Roman Catholic near death experiencer was told that she was actually Jewish and should emigrate to Israel. She did exactly that. Her NDE goes into some amazing details related to Judaism.

Ariela Solsol Pereira shared a link.
November 30 at 3:34 PM · tagAdd Topics
✝️What Happened in the Heavens When Jesus Died on the Cross?✝️

"In a huge type of screen in the firmament before me....I was shown a man with his back to me. He was dressed in a white robe and turban with a thick gold band that went around his waist. The man had his arms lifted up in adoration and reverence. I also noticed that there were tiny bells that dangled from the hem of his robe.

"A bell and a pomegranate, a bell and a pomegranate, round about the hem of the robe to minister in: as the Lord commanded Moses." (Exodus 39: 26)

This man was standing in front of some type of altar and he was sacrificing a small animal on it. The altar had been built from stones that had not been hewn and on which no instrument or tool had been used in its construction. From the sacrifice on this altar there was a cloud of smoke that rose up in the sky. There was an intense holiness and reverence that permeated the scene as it unfolded before my eyes. At that time I had no idea what this was or what it represented. Later, I understood that this had been a high holy priest of ancient Israel sacrificing a sin offering for his people on a consecrated altar. This is how God commanded the high priests to build the altars of ancient Israel. These priests could not use any type of instrument when they constructed their sacrificial altars. If they did, the altar would be considered desecrated.

"If you make an altar of stone for Me, you shall not build it of cut stones, for if you wield your tool on it, you will profane it." (Exodus 20:25)

Immediately after this I found myself in a place where I could see the entire planet earth beneath me. There was a small spot somewhere on the planet that began to rise up in the sky. Slowly, as it rose, the small spot became a huge cross in the firmament. Suddenly it stopped, and as it stopped an enormous cloud of smoke emanated from this cross which went around the entire circumference of the earth. This awesome scene is one that I shall never be able to erase from my memory. The profound impact of what I was observing and what it represented is beyond mere human words. Filling the expanse of the vast firmament before me... hung the complete embodiment of 'SALVATION' offered up for all human beings upon the face of the entire earth. This cloud of smoke covered the sin of every human being that was born before or after this day. The eye of the Father could not pierce the thick cloud to see the sin that was covered by it. This is what happened when the Messiah died on the cross. He offered Himself up for all mankind as the Lamb of God who took away the sin of the entire world. God was essentially taking back all of mankind from the grip the enemy had on us all. This is why it is called 'salvation.' He saves anyone who wishes to be covered by this cloud of mercy from eternal damnation. This is also why Jesus is called the second Adam. He came to give back to God what the enemy had taken away at the Garden of Eden. Anyone, from any nation, tribe and tongue, who places their faith and trust in the completeness of the sacrifice will be saved.

Nothing in all of history, that had ever happened before or after this day, could ever compare in importance to this moment in time. Even time, itself, is still measured by it. The sacrificial offering up of animals was required up to the time of the Messiah’s ultimate sacrifice of Himself for the sins of all people on the face of the earth. The animal sacrifices were given to ancient Israel as a shadow of things to come and pointed towards the ultimate sacrifice of the Lamb of God. The sacrificial offerings are also a visual aid that help us understand that sin has a price that requires payment.

An innocent animal had to serve as a substitute and its blood had to be shed in place of the blood of guilty human beings. Only blood can make atonement for the soul of man. This is how we can fully understand the gift of the redemptive grace offered to us by way of the Messiah's sacrifice of substitution for our sins. "For the life of the flesh is in the blood and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls. For it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.(Lev17:11)""

~Free PDF Copy Upon Request~

https://www.amazon.com/DIVINE-TRUTH...fWtRYW9nAMtXAZAObsJS5G57WOviKHix4SsTElZDGMFKs

https://www.amazon.com/DIVINE-TRUTH...oUMUQJHhCmh8YsC7znop5ExHZdPSSnJeK1l80eNcwLqRg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The way I see it, there will be a man-made temple which the Anti-Yeshua will declare himself as God from but that is before the Millennium. During the Millennium, I can see Yeshua, having prepared the New Jerusalem city, come to get His Saints to dwell, celebrate the Wedding, and read the Book of Life, getting their tears wiped, etc... At the end of the thousand years, the Saints and Yeshua come with the City of God, and the wicked dead raise from the dead to coming their last thoughts of hatred, and Satan stirs them up for one last assault upon the people of God, who all happen to be in the City of God. Judgement breaks out in the verdict read, the sentence pronounce and the Hell fire burns them up to ashes, with the last to die is death and Satan. With that fire, it continues to burn up the earth, with a final cleansing, and then God creates it all with us watching Him. This time there will be no temple.

The more that I think about all this... the more I tend to agree with these points!!!!!

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Could the Ezekiel chapter 40 - 48 temple complex be separate from what the Orthodox Jews wish to build on the Temple Mount Complex?

This is an entirely new subject to me that I only began to consider after reading the following website:
I have long saw the possibility of a third and fourth temple. As with most future events, the prophecies are not always that clear, and I believe that is INTENTIONAL on God's part.
The way I see it, there will be a man-made temple which the Anti-Yeshua will declare himself as God from but that is before the Millennium.
I can definitely see the possibility of a temple standing during the Tribulation where the anti messiah takes up residence and claims to be divine, followed by a fourth where the TRUE Messiah reigns from afterward.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith