Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
No. That's possible for Prime Ministers in the UK and related systems; not for presidential systems.

Impeachment is as close as we have, an unfortunately Americans tend to regard the presidential primary as sacrosanct in a superstitious manner, so it's rarely used. Even if a president commits obvious high crimes and misdemeanors, as was the case recently, people are reluctant to severely punish him.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm wondering why the GOP didn't find Trump unfit for office months ago and have Pence take his place, frankly. Alot of needless deaths could be avoided.
They need his groupies to get re-elected - their policies aren't appealing to moderates, so they're stuck riding the Trump bandwagon for as far as it will take them.

Right now, that approach looks less than promising, but what's their alternative? Support policies that would help their constituents rather than enrich a few billionaire CEOs? Come on, that's never going to happen.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
They need his groupies to get re-elected - their policies aren't appealing to moderates, so they're stuck riding the Trump bandwagon for as far as it will take them.

Right now, that approach looks less than promising, but what's their alternative? Support policies that would help their constituents rather than enrich a few billionaire CEOs? Come on, that's never going to happen.

Agreed. The GOP is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Dump Trump (and his groupies by extensions) and definitely lose in the upcoming elections or keep Trump and his motley crew and possibly lose the upcoming elections.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Agreed. The GOP is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Dump Trump (and his groupies by extensions) and definitely lose in the upcoming elections or keep Trump and his motley crew and possibly lose the upcoming elections.

If they don't dump Trump, the GOP is going to lose elections for at least a generation, similar to what happened after the Great Depression for the better part of 50 years.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
If they don't dump Trump, the GOP is going to lose elections for at least a generation, similar to what happened after the Great Depression for the better part of 50 years.

It’s the same disease as Trump has, don’t think long term, just make it through the next news cycle. After that worry about the following news cycle.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As of now, DJT is in deep political trouble. Recent polling in individual states—which is far more meaningful than nationwide surveys—show Joe Biden with significant leads in WI, PA, MI, AZ, NC, and even FL. If Trump loses FL, he has no pathway whatsoever to 270 EVs. And as unexciting as Joe is, he beat Trump in fundraising in the last quarter.

Biden Outpaces Trump As Campaigns Report Record Fundraising

One thing Joe has going for him is that he’s not Donald Trump. Voters are sick and tired of Trump’s drama. They just want some normalcy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well that is too bad. You probably did not learn anything from your errors then either.
Actually no I did not learn anything, I already knew that there are people who feel that their beliefs are threateded will not accept facts that do not agree with their opinions.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Actually no I did not learn anything, I already knew that there are people who feel that their beliefs are threateded will not accept facts that do not agree with their opinions.
Then you did waste your time. It is a pity. And sadly it is the facts that others will bring up that you can only deny. You could not find any facts that threatened anyone else. It is not about "opinions".

Do you want to go into depth on any of your claims? It is the only way to learn.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As of now, DJT is in deep political trouble. Recent polling in individual states—which is far more meaningful than nationwide surveys—show Joe Biden with significant leads in WI, PA, MI, AZ, NC, and even FL. If Trump loses FL, he has no pathway whatsoever to 270 EVs. And as unexciting as Joe is, he beat Trump in fundraising in the last quarter.

Biden Outpaces Trump As Campaigns Report Record Fundraising

One thing Joe has going for him is that he’s not Donald Trump. Voters are sick and tired of Trump’s drama. They just want some normalcy.
I hope so! It's got to the point where I've been so disgusted by his lies (up to about 36 per day last survey I saw?) that I think I almost get a kind of PTSD just hearing his voice!

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope so! It's got to the point where I've been so disgusted by his lies (up to about 36 per day last survey I saw?) that I think I almost get a kind of PTSD just hearing his voice!
"I think I almost get a kind of PTSD just hearing his voice!" I think that some people got relief by howling at the moon. You might want to try that because Trump is going to be around for another 4 years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"I think I almost get a kind of PTSD just hearing his voice!" I think that some people got relief by howling at the moon. You might want to try that because Trump is going to be around for another 4 years.
Why do so many American Christians automatically think that anyone from the Republican party is a saviour of the world - even a narcissistic sociopath like Donald Trump? He's just the worst! Also, polling badly. Also, the worst! Also, not really a true conservative because he doesn't even really know what that means - I mean, how many books has the guy even read?

Upvote 0