✟136,444.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
earthsick.jpg

Why does Coronavirus exist? Is it God's Will? Does He allow it? Thinking about the Coronavirus led me to a new idea about how the disease is Creation's response to its brokenness.

Coronavirus — a symptom of Creation’s brokenness

Excerpts:
"Due to the worldwide impact of the Coronavirus, it interrupts the lives of many people including those of us in the developed world who have never experienced a pandemic. For many of us it will be a major inconvenience, for some it will be life threatening and for a few it will be fatal. The question that inevitably arises whenever a disaster unfolds is why? Our ancestors have looked up to the sky and asked the same whenever tragedy has befallen them. It is a question that gets to the root of our picture of God.

One school of thought sees disease as a part of God's plan for each person, as something sent to test the individuals who are unfortunate enough to suffer. Another tries to lessen God's culpability by saying that He permits but does not will the sickness for some greater good...

Another card that is often played is the mystery one...

A different approach considers disease as an aspect of the brokenness of Creation. A common explanation for this breakdown is that it results from the sin and death that entered the world in the Fall when Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and were expelled from the Garden of Eden...

A further issue is that an all-powerful God could snap His fingers and make both Covid-19 (and Satan) gone in an instant...

What we are witnessing is Creation's response to its brokenness. The Earth has many interconnected natural systems almost as if it was a mega-organism in its own right. Humans are a part of that latticework, appointed by God to be stewards of our little corner of Creation. When we do our job poorly, it has serious ramifications including the Coronavirus..."

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Um, there are many coronoviruses, just check the patents database. Look, here's one for anti-coronavirus compounds:
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pat...7910/publication/WO2006073456A2?q=coronavirus

And another that claims a universal vaccine:
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/search/family/025380027/publication/WO9323421A1?q=coronavirus

Fancy that. The sky is not falling, but the devil is hard at work. And God sends a strong delusion so that those who are friends of unrighteousness (those who watch too much TV?) might believe the hype.

Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

mcarans

Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2018
Wellington
✟136,444.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Um, there are many coronoviruses, just check the patents database. Look, here's one for anti-coronavirus compounds:
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pat...7910/publication/WO2006073456A2?q=coronavirus

And another that claims a universal vaccine:
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/search/family/025380027/publication/WO9323421A1?q=coronavirus

Fancy that. The sky is not falling, but the devil is hard at work. And God sends a strong delusion so that those who are friends of unrighteousness (those who watch too much TV?) might believe the hype.
Coronavirus and other diseases result from humanity's failures to live up to our our role as God's stewards of the Earth, a sin for which one cause is hyperindividualism as I outline in the article.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I describe in the article, there are also good viruses that live within our bodies and on which we rely for our health.

"Good viruses" are simply those that don't kill humans. A "good virus" is like a stupid enemy soldier. None is directly beneficial the way there are bacteria that are directly beneficial. There are bacteria essential to human survival and were likely part of God's original creation. The same is not true of viruses.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Man has encountered many worse viruses over the past couple thousand years than coronavirus and yet the world continues to go on. I really don’t understand all the worry and panic. Other than the media, attending church on Facebook live instead of in person, and some missing products from my grocery store I haven’t seen any real impact on my life so far. Honestly I think people are overreacting.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Coronavirus and other diseases result from humanity's failures to live up to our our role as God's stewards of the Earth, a sin for which one cause is hyperindividualism as I outline in the article.

Er no, most are man made as per the patent database. And I suggest some don't exist at all.

But deception, delusion and temptation of worldly knowledge - they're the old staples.

You'd need to do more to persuade the reader of your theory that nature has somehow generated the alleged virus, and in order to protect itself from man.

Upvote 0

mcarans

Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2018
Wellington
✟136,444.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Er no, most are man made as per the patent database. And I suggest some don't exist at all.

But deception, delusion and temptation of worldly knowledge - they're the old staples.

You'd need to do more to persuade the reader of your theory that nature has somehow generated the alleged virus, and in order to protect itself from man.
Conspiracy theories are a form of bearing false witness so I hope for your sake you are right.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 273422
Why does Coronavirus exist? Is it God's Will? Does He allow it? Thinking about the Coronavirus led me to a new idea about how the disease is Creation's response to its brokenness.

Coronavirus — a symptom of Creation’s brokenness

Excerpts:
"Due to the worldwide impact of the Coronavirus, it interrupts the lives of many people including those of us in the developed world who have never experienced a pandemic. For many of us it will be a major inconvenience, for some it will be life threatening and for a few it will be fatal. The question that inevitably arises whenever a disaster unfolds is why? Our ancestors have looked up to the sky and asked the same whenever tragedy has befallen them. It is a question that gets to the root of our picture of God.

One school of thought sees disease as a part of God's plan for each person, as something sent to test the individuals who are unfortunate enough to suffer. Another tries to lessen God's culpability by saying that He permits but does not will the sickness for some greater good...

Another card that is often played is the mystery one...

A different approach considers disease as an aspect of the brokenness of Creation. A common explanation for this breakdown is that it results from the sin and death that entered the world in the Fall when Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and were expelled from the Garden of Eden...

A further issue is that an all-powerful God could snap His fingers and make both Covid-19 (and Satan) gone in an instant...

What we are witnessing is Creation's response to its brokenness. The Earth has many interconnected natural systems almost as if it was a mega-organism in its own right. Humans are a part of that latticework, appointed by God to be stewards of our little corner of Creation. When we do our job poorly, it has serious ramifications including the Coronavirus..."
This all goes back to God doing or allowing everything to help me and maybe the rest of you all.

Unfortunately, I personally need lots of opportunities right outside my door (like Lazarus and the rich man) to trip over before I will stop and help (really allow the Spirit to work through me to show God’s Love).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man has encountered many worse viruses over the past couple thousand years than coronavirus and yet the world continues to go on. I really don’t understand all the worry and panic. Other than the media, attending church on Facebook live instead of in person, and some missing products from my grocery store I haven’t seen any real impact on my life so far. Honestly I think people are overreacting.

Yeah, the world will go on, but if it takes millions of deaths, there's no guarantee of survival for any particular person, including you.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, the world will go on, but if it takes millions of deaths, there's no guarantee of survival for any particular person, including you.

If that is God’s will then so be it. Why should Christians fear death?

Upvote 0

ForTheKingdom

Mar 24, 2020
UK
✟16,502.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure what you mean by the "brokenness" of creation, but Leviticus 18 talks about all kinds of sexual sins, with God saying

Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. (Leviticus 18:24)

And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you. (Leviticus 18:28)

Romans 8:19 onwards tells us that the creation waits to be set free.

One thing that God can use imposed isolation for, is for us to spend time drawing closer to Him.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

mcarans

Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2018
Wellington
✟136,444.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what you mean by the "brokenness" of creation, but Leviticus 18 talks about all kinds of sexual sins, with God saying

Romans 8:19 onwards tells us that the creation waits to be set free.

One thing that God can use imposed isolation for, is for us to spend time drawing closer to Him.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
To give an example of the brokenness, half the world's topsoil has gone in the last 150 years.

Upvote 0