• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

corona virus questions

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has it come up that this might be germ warfare?

I have heard this, and also linking to 5G (which I don't understand anyway).

This is my take on it.
However it came about, its here, what do we do?

First of course pray and put our trust in our Lord.

Then make sure you wash your hands,regularly, soap is the best.
Use sanitiser only if you have to go out and need to wash while out (you could use an antiseptic diluted down, soak a washcloth and keep it in a snaplock bag).
While out only touch what you really need to.

Only go out, when you need to: socially isolate.

(Some bemoan this but we can stay in touch with things via phones,smartphone, computers etc, so we are way luckier than people in the past)

If it came that there was no food, well,
I have mentioned elsewhere that I used to worry about what would happen if we go through tribulation? How would we live?

God provided for His people supernaturally with manna when He brought them out of Egypt in Exodus and I am convinced He will do so for all His children , so I believe it is the same now.(I'm talking if we had no access to food and it was desperate)

We are told in Matthew 6, that He will provide for us and we are not to worry, so that's what I'm doing.
So I'm praying you also will not worry, it is great to see you here too, you're not forgotten!:cat::)

ps .anyone kissing animals like you said are actually sick in the head, that's just disgusting.:confused:

Take care,dear sister, God bless you.

• Friendly
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been wondering and hadn't heard on any of the news casts if we have a light case will we build up a tolerance to this virus as in many others such as measles, mumps, chickenpox, etc. And if so that means another problem.
Those who hide out to keep from it will be the first to catch it and spread it again if finally exposed. Not to mention it will probably be worse on them that did not build up a defense from exposure.

Also, somewhere in the news said something to the effect to stay away from animals. I wish I remembered the exact words. I do know there is a case of a pet having it. How can a person stay away from there pets? No kissing your dog, lol.
So far people who have been released from quarantine more than a few days have not been made sick again. Some were released early and within a few days had to go back as they were not fully healed.

• Informative
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hey, my favorite funny guy with wonderful comebacks. Here's the topic I promised you:) Get going with it.
I really don't know about dogs or cats, or for that matter birds or other mammalian pets. I just saw an opening and I took it.

As to people who use whole pages, it's even worse when they don't even bother with paragraphs. TLDR. I don't always say it, but I think it. If you can't make a decent paragraph you aren't actually communicating. I don't feel compelled to read such things.

• Haha
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi Paul
I hope your baby made it through?
Buddy turned out to be a buddette, lol
Thank you for the name, I wish just once I would remember it. I love it more than any music and love to sing the high notes, one word at a time.
One of the cats was coughing today a whole lot and I got a shiver, YIKES.
STAY WELL!!

Hi,
Yes, he's doing quite well these days. He had a tick, and when at the vet I asked her to verify his sex, and she said male. He has so much fur it's hard to tell. I'm still not 100% sure.

Nessen dorma = "all are sleeping". That's why the song begins so quietly. But it ends in his triumph over the woman. :) Have you seen the video of Paul Potts initial winning in that British talent show using that song? Amazing.

Has it come up that this might be germ warfare?

It most certainly has, though probably not in MSM. There is a "biological research center" right in Wuhan. Anyone who doesn't think the Chinese government is capable of bioweapon research is not dealing with reality.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I really don't know about dogs or cats, or for that matter birds or other mammalian pets. I just saw an opening and I took it.

As to people who use whole pages, it's even worse when they don't even bother with paragraphs. TLDR. I don't always say it, but I think it. If you can't make a decent paragraph you aren't actually communicating. I don't feel compelled to read such things.
I think I am a non communicator as I am fine with as little as a few words. Maybe that is why I like your posts so much as they are just right for me. I don't read them if they are book size. Besides you make me laugh. I even laughed at your post although in re reading it I couldn't find anything that was that funny,lol. Not much wit in that one. I look forward to your next. Speaking of going on and on, SHEESH.............

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi,
Yes, he's doing quite well these days. He had a tick, and when at the vet I asked her to verify his sex, and she said male. He has so much fur it's hard to tell. I'm still not 100% sure.

Nessen dorma = "all are sleeping". That's why the song begins so quietly. But it ends in his triumph over the woman. :) Have you seen the video of Paul Potts initial winning in that British talent show using that song? Amazing.

It most certainly has, though probably not in MSM. There is a "biological research center" right in Wuhan. Anyone who doesn't think the Chinese government is capable of bioweapon research is not dealing with reality.
That's funny as that is why I thought by all of aspects that Buddy was a male because of so much hair I couldn't tell. She wasn't happy when I tried to find out. She went in heat is the only way I found out. I hope the hair prevented any new babies.
I did not see that and am despondent now, sigh. I just love it. I was even going to buy it on Amazon but now I am upset with them so.....
My second best is alleluja, sp, sorry.
Did you decide on a final name yet for your sweetie?
Thanks for your post:)

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's funny as that is why I thought by all of aspects that Buddy was a male because of so much hair I couldn't tell. She wasn't happy when I tried to find out. She went in heat is the only way I found out. I hope the hair prevented any new babies.
I did not see that and am despondent now, sigh. I just love it. I was even going to buy it on Amazon but now I am upset with them so.....
My second best is alleluja, sp, sorry.
Did you decide on a final name yet for your sweetie?
Thanks for your post:)
My problem is I don't know what the male parts look like after neutering, which he had undergone. I guess he is a male. He's never been in heat. I still use a lot of names for him, depending on what he's doing, but usually I call him Puppy.

Here's Paul Potts. Amazing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I think I am a non communicator as I am fine with as little as a few words. Maybe that is why I like your posts so much as they are just right for me. I don't read them if they are book size. Besides you make me laugh. I even laughed at your post although in re reading it I couldn't find anything that was that funny,lol. Not much wit in that one. I look forward to your next. Speaking of going on and on, SHEESH.............
It's good to be laughed at, well, with, in one's own time. I have been introverted my whole life, but told that that was a flaw to overcome. Now, with 'social distancing' it's OK or even good to be introverted.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It's good to be laughed at, well, with, in one's own time. I have been introverted my whole life, but told that that was a flaw to overcome. Now, with 'social distancing' it's OK or even good to be introverted.
I wouldn't have suspected you were introverted based on your posts. Whatever you decide you are I like you just the way you are:) Especially your witty side.
I am considered a huge introvert but not on forums, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My problem is I don't know what the male parts look like after neutering, which he had undergone. I guess he is a male. He's never been in heat. I still use a lot of names for him, depending on what he's doing, but usually I call him Puppy.

Here's Paul Potts. Amazing.
I am trying to play it but my computer is really slow. dial up and all.
Usually they empty the sack so it is hard to tell. There was instances in the past where they took the sack. Try googling it. Also, they clip the ear so you can tell that way. It is good with the clip because the sack remains
That's funny, I call buddy, doggie, lol. I need to quit responding or asking in this thread. I will continue on the old pet thread if need be:)

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh, thank you so much Paul! I had seen it before as it is an old one but I just loved it again an will be linking on it daily. It always brings tears. I usually watch the guy that is blind sing it. Or one of the tenors. They are all wonderful.
Thanks again!

Did he win that time?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
. I usually watch the guy that is blind sing it. Or one of the tenors. They are all wonderful.
Thanks again!

Did he win that time?
I've heard several renditions, and while some of them are more polished than Potts', his hits me with the most raw emotion. Yes he won the finals and then cut a record.

I haven't seen a mention of Mexico in all of this. Are they exempt from the virus?
No one will be exempt if they have traffic across their borders, and Mexico has thousands of miles of coastline. I've heard that Mexico could be an absolute disaster, as they are ill-equipped to deal with such a crisis. And today by mutual agreement the US and Canada have closed their mutual border to routine non-commercial traffic.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I've heard several renditions, and while some of them are more polished than Potts', his hits me with the most raw emotion. Yes he won the finals and then cut a record.

No one will be exempt if they have traffic across their borders, and Mexico has thousands of miles of coastline. I've heard that Mexico could be an absolute disaster, as they are ill-equipped to deal with such a crisis. And today by mutual agreement the US and Canada have closed their mutual border to routine non-commercial traffic.
I think it is interesting that not one word about Mexico has been in the news here and I watch at least 3 versions a day.

Upvote 0