• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

corona virus questions

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I have been wondering and hadn't heard on any of the news casts if we have a light case will we build up a tolerance to this virus as in many others such as measles, mumps, chickenpox, etc. And if so that means another problem.
Those who hide out to keep from it will be the first to catch it and spread it again if finally exposed. Not to mention it will probably be worse on them that did not build up a defense from exposure.

Also, somewhere in the news said something to the effect to stay away from animals. I wish I remembered the exact words. I do know there is a case of a pet having it. How can a person stay away from there pets? No kissing your dog, lol.

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A side note that I just saw on inside edition:
In Italy the people with there windows open are singing in unison, Opera songs. It was beautiful. Not to mention the planes flying in unison to my favorite song to which I can't remember the name as it is foreign. If you are interested it is usually on again later in the evening.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The song was Puccini's Nessen Dorma. Strange overlay to the jets, I thought, but it does end in victory, so maybe that's the connection. I read something to the effect that the Chinese authorities were backing away from worrying about pets, that they were pretty safe. But that might have been in reference to either cats or dogs, and not both, and I'm not sure which one. I hesitate to write that though, because I didn't look into it carefully. Just something then for further research and confirmation; nothing more at this point.

Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Until medicine catches up, medical authorities are expecting far-reaching outbreaks. Isolation just serves to slow down the rate of infection so available medical staff & resources can keep up with the demand.

If they are overwhelmed, some will be left untreated.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Until medicine catches up, medical authorities are expecting far-reaching outbreaks. Isolation just serves to slow down the rate of infection so available medical staff & resources can keep up with the demand.

If they are overwhelmed, some will be left untreated.

Quite true. In Italy they are finding that the demand for ventilators exceeds the supply, This leaves doctors with heart wrenching decisions --- who do you save?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Quite true. In Italy they are finding that the demand for ventilators exceeds the demand, This leaves doctors with heart wrenching decisions --- who do you save?
The people who have a greater chance of living longer ( the young and otherwise healthy.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been wondering and hadn't heard on any of the news casts if we have a light case will we build up a tolerance to this virus as in many others such as measles, mumps, chickenpox, etc. And if so that means another problem.

It is unknown at this time.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quite true. In Italy they are finding that the demand for ventilators exceeds the demand, This leaves doctors with heart wrenching decisions --- who do you save?
We can always remember that ventilators are very recent for our species.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have been wondering and hadn't heard on any of the news casts if we have a light case will we build up a tolerance to this virus as in many others such as measles, mumps, chickenpox, etc.

You don't "build up a tolerance" to a disease. You develop long term adaptive immunity which will have some level of fall off rate over weeks/months/years, and will be more or less effective against other strains of the same virus. Whatever immunity you develop will not be dependent on how "light" the case was.

And if so that means another problem.
Those who hide out to keep from it will be the first to catch it and spread it again if finally exposed. Not to mention it will probably be worse on them that did not build up a defense from exposure.

It wont be worse. It will be the same as it was for everyone that got it the first time around.

Also, somewhere in the news said something to the effect to stay away from animals.

There is no evidence of animal transmission.

No kissing your dog, lol.

Dog's are coprophagic. They eat their own faeces, as well as that of other dogs. Anyone that allows a dog anywhere near their face is doing the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I read something to the effect that the Chinese authorities were backing away from worrying about pets, that they were pretty safe. But that might have been in reference to either cats or dogs, and not both, and I'm not sure which one. I hesitate to write that though, because I didn't look into it carefully. Just something then for further research and confirmation; nothing more at this point.
Who had been quarantining dogs and cats that were exposed to the virus. I don't know about the cats, but they found the dogs couldn't get it. WHO let the dogs out.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Also, somewhere in the news said something to the effect to stay away from animals. I wish I remembered the exact words. I do know there is a case of a pet having it. How can a person stay away from there pets? No kissing your dog, lol.

I dont believe any pet has it. Keep on treating your pets as you always have, both them and us need the love and comfort from each other.:cat::dogface::heart:

As far as Covid19, all each of us can do is wash hands regularly,keep healthy (make sure you have enough Vit C and D), avoid unnecessary contact with people, certainly avoid crowds and remember to be kind to one another.

Above all pray, for we are in Gods hands and we are His.
Take care and God bless you:heartpulse:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been wondering and hadn't heard on any of the news casts if we have a light case will we build up a tolerance to this virus
I suppose this could be true . . . if you are younger. But it is said that older people and ones with certain health issues can have severe trouble, and can die. And if they recover, ones can be down 20% of their breathing ability, so they have a problem just walking without losing their breath > how long that could go on, I did not read . . . if it is permanent or can be reduced.

So . . . if you get the stuff, this could help you get immunity, but in the process you could spread the infection to others who could suffer much more than you. And they say you can have it and spread it before you know you have it!

So, it could work better to stay healthy, by taking the precautions, in case this does work, and get vaccinated so you are stimulated to have immunity . . . of course, if this works well.

It looks like the experts do not know how things will go, in every case of being infected or being vaccinated.

There might be ones who feel we should just all get infected and be done with it. But in this process all the ones senior and with diabetes and heart conditions and high blood pressure and cancer and respiratory trouble could have a very hard time. I mean . . . if you let it go without precautions and vaccinations, this could easily take on over three hundred million Americans, with a percentage of that dying. And ones are saying the percentage can be up to six percent or so.

Even only one percent of over three hundred million people would be more than the yearly 30,000 thousand or so deaths of flu victims in the United States; one percent dying of coronavirus would be over three million people. But, like I say, with vaccinations or other ways of getting immune, then there could be fewer people able to get sick and spread it.

So - - - in case washing hands does help . . . I would try it :) But pray. Trust God to guide you; care about any and all people, in prayer > 1 Timothy 2:1-4; obeying God does bring His good > feed on Genesis 22:18 :idea:

It seems that flu can kill around thirty thousand a year, in the United States. This is with vaccinations established and if and how well Americans take precautions. We have not seen how many can be effected after coronavirus has had time to do all it can, but established vaccinating could get in the way of the coronavirus going all the way it could. And prayer does work, in any case.

Each year, they don't totally stop the flu. If this happens with the coronavirus, even with precautions and vaccinations, there could be two killers on the run.

But . . . I am curious how many flu infections have been prevented because of all the precautions people now take against the coronavirus. But is it worth it? It seems people could have been taking much more strict precautions with flu, but ones seem rather interested in living somewhere beside in their houses and out of touch with other people. Stopping everything is having educational and financial and family support issues.

But in case we isolate for a while, we can make good use of this time . . . for prayer, for appreciating all we can have with God, no matter what is happening. And we should be getting ready to die well . . . however God has planned for each of us. One can die at any time; so I would say do what it is worth dying to do . . . loving :)

"Let all that you do be done with love." (1 Corinthians 16:14)

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The song was Puccini's Nessen Dorma. Strange overlay to the jets, I thought, but it does end in victory, so maybe that's the connection. I read something to the effect that the Chinese authorities were backing away from worrying about pets, that they were pretty safe. But that might have been in reference to either cats or dogs, and not both, and I'm not sure which one. I hesitate to write that though, because I didn't look into it carefully. Just something then for further research and confirmation; nothing more at this point.
Hi Paul
I hope your baby made it through?
Buddy turned out to be a buddette, lol
Thank you for the name, I wish just once I would remember it. I love it more than any music and love to sing the high notes, one word at a time.
One of the cats was coughing today a whole lot and I got a shiver, YIKES.
STAY WELL!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Who had been quarantining dogs and cats that were exposed to the virus. I don't know about the cats, but they found the dogs couldn't get it. WHO let the dogs out.
Hey, my favorite funny guy with wonderful comebacks. Here's the topic I promised you:) Get going with it.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You don't "build up a tolerance" to a disease. You develop long term adaptive immunity which will have some level of fall off rate over weeks/months/years, and will be more or less effective against other strains of the same virus. Whatever immunity you develop will not be dependent on how "light" the case was.

It wont be worse. It will be the same as it was for everyone that got it the first time around.

There is no evidence of animal transmission.

Dog's are coprophagic. They eat their own faeces, as well as that of other dogs. Anyone that allows a dog anywhere near their face is doing the same.
Sorry, I meant immunity.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I dont believe any pet has it. Keep on treating your pets as you always have, both them and us need the love and comfort from each other.:cat::dogface::heart:

As far as Covid19, all each of us can do is wash hands regularly,keep healthy (make sure you have enough Vit C and D), avoid unnecessary contact with people, certainly avoid crowds and remember to be kind to one another.

Above all pray, for we are in Gods hands and we are His.
Take care and God bless you:heartpulse:
Hi there, I didn't put your name as I didn't know if you want it public
Nice to hear from you and Paul again:) Take good care, we want you and your love to keep shining through!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am serious about kissing your dog. I have seen reports of people giving their dog the tongue, GROSS. So now we shouldn't have to ever see that again.
It sort of burns me the news people who say calm down, control yourselves, Its not doing any good to lose control.
Well, they are the ones that have caused the hysteria!
They are suggesting that everyone get a thousand dollars, a one time payment. I think also they should order mortgages and landlords to wave a payment for one month. That would be a huge help as a thousand would hardly pay a mortgage or rent payment these days. The thousand would be for small bills. One of the Senators is trying to get the thousand for us.
I, for one, if I make it will be having my groceries delivered from our local Frys store.
TAKE GOOD CARE EVERYONE. And God bless you all!

Upvote 0