The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watching Kellyanne Conway being interviewed last night, I heard about the awful terrorist attack on Bowling Green (Kentucky we presume). Wanting to honor those who lost their lives in this bloody and vicious attack, I began a diligent search for the story and to find out where I could go to place some flowers and say a prayer for the victims. Never ever thinking that Conway would lie to the world I kept searching and was preparing to make the drive there today. But...there was no "massacre" in Bowling Green. There were two Iraqi's who were trying to get weapons and money to Iraq terrorists, but they were caught and sent to prison, one for life, the other for only 40 years for cooperating with law enforcement.

No shot was fired, no bombs exploded or even planted. Our people did their job and kept us safe.

Then Conway compounded her "alternative facts" by claiming that Obama placed a six month moratorium on Iraqi's entering the U.S. Not true either. Increased vetting was used for six months, but Iraqi's were not banned. Another "oops" for Kellyanne.

I am figuring that if these guys wanted to blow up something it would have been the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY, that symbol of decadent Capitalist greed and wealth. And Vettes are of little use in Iraq, since they don't do well in sand.

Fact-checking Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway

• Winner
Reactions: MikeK

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am figuring that if these guys wanted to blow up something it would have been the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY, that symbol of decadent Capitalist greed and wealth.
upload_2017-2-3_12-0-43.png

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought at least some people around here had a sense of humor. I realize now I should have put a ;) or a (satirical humor ahead) in the post. If you have anything intelligent and worthwhile to say on this, I would be happy to read it. Thanks.

Hmmm....I wonder if these two guys caused the sink hole at the Corvette museum in Bowling Green that destroyed classic Vettes? Maybe that's what Conway was referring to.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I thought at least some people around here had a sense of humor. I realize now I should have put a ;) or a (satirical humor ahead) in the post. If you have anything intelligent and worthwhile to say on this, I would be happy to read it. Thanks.

Hmmm....I wonder if these two guys caused the sink hole at the Corvette museum in Bowling Green that destroyed classic Vettes? Maybe that's what Conway was referring to.

You forgot your smiley face again.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was a wink. And I was serious about you, or anyone, posting a serious, intelligent response. It may be a long wait.

FYI, as an almost lifelong liberal, the only government aide I ever requested or received were: 1) student loans in college which I paid back in full, with interest, using my own funds from working (which I have been doing since the age of 13, over half a century without pause) and 2) a government subsidized loan when my home was heavily damaged by a flood caused by an unprecedented rainstorm. Paid that back, too, with interest. Any other questions.

P.S. In case you were wondering why my rich liberal parents didn't pay for my education, it was because my dad worked all his life as well, in a union trade, and didn't have the money. Nor would I ever have asked him for any. I worked before, during and after college to pay for my education.

Reactions: Aryeh
Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
KC's comments highlight that focusing only on actual terrorist attacks is misguided. Attacks represent only the tip of the iceberg of those who are charged with terrorism offences. Inciting, planning, financing, harboring, training, etc are all terrorism offences that have been uncovered before an attack has been executed.

PS ... anyone remember Hilary arriving in Bosnia under sniper fire:doh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do have to remember that some conservatives are really susceptible to peer pressure: anytime a conservative lies it's because a liberal some where lied first about something and the poor conservative just couldn't help themselves. It seems to be particularly bad problem in the current administration. :sigh:
tulc(feels bad for those poor people, so easily led astray) :sorry:

Upvote 0