Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You are obviously very intelligent, so I'd ask you to remember what you have heard here and while you are searching for answers maybe something will ring true for you, suddenly make sense. Anyway, you know where to referance anything we have spoken about here, the Bible. I do think that if you have a logical/scientific type of mind, God is more difficult to understand initially. Press on, but you can only serve one master, not two.

Upvote 0

CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Here is another theory.

Matter cannot be destroyed nor created. Matter is the vibration of particles/atoms. Your mind needs energy to run. So when you die, you simply do not become extinct, the energy has to go somewhere. So maybe it wonders around, but I dont believe there is a heaven.

Upvote 0

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I did not know any of the people God chose to work through. But there is a passage that says all scripture is God breathed and usefu for.... This information coupled with the fact that God can reveal himself to you in mysterious ways makes it readily acceptable to me. Also if you follow his words He is faithful to His words-you can count on it. Things feel a bit more concrete that way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Daughter of His said:
This information coupled with the fact that God can reveal himself to you in mysterious ways makes it readily acceptable to me.
I bet you jumped to conclusion at the first thing you thought was a sign of jesus. I mean, if you saw a commercial for passion of the christ and the person selling it had the first name as you, you'd say this was a sign.

So what WAS your sign?

Upvote 0

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I've had lots of signs, but I'll tell you one of the first.

I was attending a class at church, not because I wanted to, had a bad attitude to boot, but I went. Somehow I learned about God in the class even with my attitude problems. I had an asthma problems and for some reason large buildings and this church included gave me asthma problems. On the way to church I had said, "I was really going to suffer going three days in a row," for this retreat that finished the class up. I did not pray for a healing, or even think of it. At the end of class, they called people up front who would like prayer and I had no intention of going, always stayed in the back. However my ride went foward and therefore I was stuck and sitting in the back by myself feeling stupid and so decided to move foward to pray for these people too. The moment I went to the front row, it was like a switch had been turned on and I had a very strange warmth deep in my chest and I felt I was being touched by Jesus at that moment, for no reason but for Him to show me His mercy, to ldemonstrate His character to me. Years passed and I only needed asthma inhalers if I got a cold. Basically, from that moment on I was without the need of medicine. It was real, not my imaginatioon. That is one story, the truth.

Upvote 0

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Mostly,don't close your mind to what seems illogical to you now.

You can pray and ask God to help you know He is here, to reveal Himself to you, and believe me, it will blow you away and come at the least expected time. God is not boring, I've heard it said knowing God makes your life as exciting as riding a comet. And yes, with the Christian walk come difficulties, the world is all around us. But like I said once you really know it is great confort to know He is preparing a place for His children, not just a place mansions, heard of the pearly gates? The gates of heaven will be made of giant single pearls, you can read about it Revelations. It's an awesome description of heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Nope, don't think so. But, you never know with God, I certainly could not claim to know what he would do. You can pray, and tell Him you are earnestly searching for answers and ask for His help. Sometimes we have to wait... Sometimes waiting a period of time or waiting as a waitor at a table, in other words serving God. Sometimes we have to do nothing at all.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.