Aug 9, 2004
South western BC
Visit site
✟587.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My mother was raised United Church of Canada, my dad was raised Catholic as were most of my cousins and mom and dad compromised and raised us kids Anglican because of the split off from the RCC and it was also the best inbetween that they could find. We also lived in a fairly small town so everyone went to the RC functions as well as to the Protestant functions but other than that there was a division between the two. They went to each others functions though because if we didn't go to the RC's they wouldn't have come to ours and vice versa. I was also always very intrigued by my dad's and others Rosaries and what seemed to be the mystiques of the Catholic Church, so long after I got married I was invited to a Catholic Charismatic prayer meeting (it was a Protestant btw that invited me) and really enjoyed it and they were speaking in tongue and I just figured my first meeting that they were speaking in Latin, not realizing that had for the most part been phased out so I went back. Then another woman invited me to a mass, my husband and I were still separated at the time and he wanted to know if he could come with me. When I sat in that pew and the service started I just knew I was at home. I came into the church, my husband and children didn't although my husband goes to church with me and my grandchildren are all RC. Because of all of this it was not a big transition for me. I have gone to other churches since with my husband but we both come back right away to the RCC.:crosself:

Upvote 0

Isaiah 53

Catholic Apologist
Sep 30, 2003
Germany
Visit site
✟6,314.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I read a book called, "Hostage to the Devil"; it was written by a Catholic Priest documenting five contemporary American exorcisms. When I saw the power of the Cathoic Church used against the forces of evil...I knew!!!

When I went to Mass my first time; God confirmed it!!

PEACE IN CHRIST!!!

Reactions: ps139
Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟257,941.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I was out of the Catholic church for 20yrs. I thought that I was following Jesus, but I had theological differences with every church that I attended. I went from Baptist to Plymoth Brethren to Assembly of God to Nondenominational to Nazarene to Presbyterian, always looking for the reality of the Gospel, yet never finding a home. I can see now that it was due to my stuborn pride.
I remeber finding this web site in 2002 (my name was erased in the crash of 2003), and tried to have some meaningful theological discussions. It was mostly Arminian vs Calvinism arguments that I saw, but they always seemed to be interupted by these pesky Catholics. I felt like I knew that they were wrong, but their arguments were not easily refuted. I particularly remeber nyj's posts, and Wolsley and KennySe, as well as AaronAggie.
It was a post that was answering the charge that the Gospel is not preached in the Catholic church that got me thinking. I don't remeber who wrote it, but basically the poster went through the Mass and showed each instance that presented the Gospel.
I also liked the literal interpretation of John 6, as the explanation of the Eucharist. This web site coupled with God's interventions in my life led me back home to the Catholic church. I saw that there was no Biblical reason to have left her in the first place. I have not looked back since. Everything makes sense now: the Real Presence, Marian devotion, the Council of Trent. Everything that I used to object to now makes me wonder why I objected to begin with.

God Bless everyone here.

Upvote 0

Lifesaver

Fides et Ratio
Jan 8, 2004
São Paulo, Brazil
✟16,097.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When I found out that the Church stood for the absolute truth, and not to the indifferentism and liberal ideologies (whatever you feel that is true is true to you) I had always been presented to by my teachers and the priests I knew.

I think it was in the Internet, incidently.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i never knew much about Catholics bc my whole family is baptist, except for my step dad's family some of them are catholic, but they live in ohio...they never talk about it anyways....then ben would tell me about his papaw, and he started going to mass and telling me about it, it interested me. so i finally went to mass with him back this summer. when i walked in it looked exactly how i thought it would and i felt i had been there before...as the service started i felt uneasy, probably bc i was thinking about what mom would do if she found out....i was still very baptist so i didnt want to like it, but as much as i tried to dislike it, i liked that much more...tho i told ben differently. but i got on here and asked lots and lots of questions bc i was even more interested by this point, and when you all started telling me about the eucharist, mary, infant baptism, and other things i asked about, i realized that i didnt just like catholicsm, i love it :D i eventually asked God to show me where i needed to be and what to do...so he showed me Catholicsm...so i changed my icon, which is all i can do til i turn 18, so another year and a half and i can take communion! :D

Upvote 0

DivineFiliation

Dyslexics of the world untie!
Mar 29, 2004
✟4,208.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As an revert, I don't think the realization came quickly. As I was dating my husband, I knew it would not get serious with him if I continued in me new age (ahem, witchcraft) "religion." So, I decided to give Catholicism another try. It was not until I started just to make that first leap of believing that everything else came into place.

The first time I saw good in the church, was the transformation it did to me and my husband both. We both had to take a marriage prep class, done by the church, and I think both of us had a deep realization about what life in God was supposed to be like.

We, like everyone else I expect, still have probably staying the course, but we always say grace before eating and always say our prayers before going to sleep. ...it's weird, but I don't think after obedience did I even see the good in the church.

If I had not come to believe, then I would not have realized what wonderful priest and fellow church members surround us. :)

Upvote 0

BroIgnatius

Deliverance Counselor, Apologist, Spiritual Dir
Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
Just outside the State of Grace
Visit site
✟136,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
When I was 4 years old and watched the movie, "Song of Bernedette". Though later as a teenager I became a fundamentalist Baptist and thought Catholics were most likely going to hell. Next thought of the Catholic Church was at 38 when, over a four day period of study on the Church, I converted.

Upvote 0

Isaiah 53

Catholic Apologist
Sep 30, 2003
Germany
Visit site
✟6,314.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was asked to start a thread documenting my conversion story...I dont want to be the only one to tell his tale so I thought I would leave it open for others to participate...

My story is rather long, but I will condense it here (so I dont bore you all with the little things).

I was raised in a secular home, I did not know Chirst for 24 years of my life. I lived my life for the moment and of course dreadfully lost in my sin...but not knowing it. Although I had no knowledge of Christ or His Church; when I was 12 I had a dream...it was more then a dream really it was vibrant--alive. I woke from that dream and told my sister that I wanted to be a Catholic Priest; although I had no idea what that meant. I had that dream 3 other times in my life, but failed to act upon it. Each time I would wake with this deep feeling of inner peace and love for a God I did not know.

I traveled a dark path until I met my wife. She was Southern Baptist and attended Church regularly. I started going just to spend time with her--Christ called me to Him and this time I answered. I fell deeply and madly in love with our Savior. I poured my energy into studying the Bible and polishing my apologetics.

I became a moderator on Christianity.com and spent literally hours witnessing to others about Christ (on and off-line). Of that time I talked to untold numbers of Catholics and tried to convince them of the 'error of thier ways'. I was extremely active in my Church; it was the very center of my life. I was accepted to Moody Bible Institute and planned on attending a Southern Baptist Seminary. I had my whole spiritual life planned until...

I decided to go to a Mass. A great number of things led me to this point. People (like Therese, Skripper and many others) and of course God. I went, not wanting to become Catholic, but to put to rest this nagging feeling.

The Eucharist was so powerful and moving...I couldnt stand...I couldnt lift my head...I cried like a baby. Christ was truely present in a way I had never experienced before. I walked through a door I could not leave out.

That night I became Catholic...here I am! I describe the feeling to others like being hit by a train!! Suddenly all the arguments I used to convince Catholics to become Protestant made no sense at all..NONE!!! And all the answers they gave me, which never made sense, became crystal clear!!! My life was changed!!

Now, after my confirmation on Easter, I plan to become a Deacon. I have already spend many long years decerning my calling...I hear Him clear as a bell.

Please if you have a story, share it!! God Bless!

PEACE IN CHRIST!!!

Reactions: Dream
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IM3RD

Dec 3, 2004
DFW
✟158.00
Faith
Catholic
That is an AWESOME story... However, I'm afraid that you may have set the bar a bit too high!!

My "conversion" was not nearly so powerful, but I hit rock bottom this past year after abandoning my faith. I'd made some bad business decisions, gotten involved in drugs, and hit a depression that was causing suicidal thoughts. At my lowest point, I felt God calling me back to the Church and picked up the phone and called the nearest Catholic Church.

The very next day, I had about an hour-long meeting with the priest at our parish and basically spilled my guts to him. I felt as if the weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders and I don't even feel like the same person I was a year ago.

Before I abandoned the Church and my faith, I had a pretty good understanding of the "religion", but had never embraced my "spirituality" in regards to my faith. I probably don't need to tell anybody on here what a wonderful feeling it is to combine the Catholic faith with one's own personal spirituality. But, I do know this... I'm living the rest of my life the way God intended me too!!

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
I suppose I am a revert; I was born Catholic but never really knew the faith growing up. When I was a teenager, I would often go to Protestant Church's because I enjoyed their fun actvities and fellowship. They made Church 'attractive' to me. I considered converting, but I decided that I should first learn about Catholicism as much a I can before making such a huge decision. To my srurpise, the more I learned, the more I realized that the Catholic Church was the Church Christ intended to institute.

Learning was difficult at first, because there is so much about the Catholic faith, but if one is persistent, it's like the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle slowly come together to form the overall picture. and that's what happened to me; everything just clicked for me and it all made sense; the history, the early fathers, the Eucharist, Scripture, Mary and the saints, Peter and the Pope, the Apostles and Tradition, etc.

Then you look at the fruits of the Church, reading about the lives of the saints; these wonderfull men and women who have been so passionate for God through the years, and so devoted to the Church. And reading about all the heresies the Church had to battle through the years.

Then you look at the Church's unwavering stance on important issues like abortion, contraception, gay marriage, etc.

Then you look at how the Church was humbled and revived through the reformation.

Then you look at how the Church preaches the whole gospel; not just believing in Christ, but putting our faith into action and living it.

...I could go on, but I think you get the point. :)

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was raised primarily non-deminational most of my life. I went to a Bible Church, then some Evangelical Free chruch, then a Church of God, then a PCA.

While in the Church of God (not that that had any doctrinal significance to me) when I was about 15 or 16, we were doing a study of world religions in sunday school. Among the various ones were JW's, Mormons, Muslims, and of course Catholics. At that point in my life I was quite convinced that the Catholic was some pagan religion and that all Catholics would go to hell. The sunday school lessons on those religions were pretty cursory. I wanted to know more about some of those religions so that I could better "wittness" to them. The only way I knew to look into Catholicism was to watch "the Catholic channel" on TV (EWTN). I would normally watch it when noone else was around. Whenever I would watch it when someone was home (mainly just my mom and older sister) they'd ask why I was subjecting myself to that junk and what not.

At first I was looking for ways to bash the Church. But over time different doctrinal issues would be addressed and explained. After having it explained from knowledgable catholics (instead of non-catholics who knew little to nothing about what they were talking about) I started to see that the Catholic church wasn't quite what I was taught to believe about it. But at that point I hadn't come across what became the real heart of the matter for me. And that is the issue of authority (specifically apostolic succession of the bishops).

When the issue of authority was addressed, my view of the Church began to change again. At first I went from believing catholics to be heretics to believing that at least many of them were genuine christians, although wrong on certain issues. But now I had to come to terms with whether or not the Catholic Church really was the fullness of the Chruch founded by Christ. If the Catholic bishops can all trace their ordinations DIRECTLY to the 12 apostles, and thus to Christ himself, maybe it was me who was wrong about certain doctrines. And if nothing else, if those bishops really are the Christ-ordained leaders of His church, then it would be better to submit to their leadership, even if I couldn't see eye-to-eye on everything. So after much further prayer on the matter, I decided that joining the Church would be something I had to do. At that point I was 16.

I had some problems though (perhaps only in my mind). My family was entirely protestant, and mostly anti-Catholic at that. I was too young to have a driver's licence. If I was to go to church, it would be where my parents decided to go. If I voiced the fact that I wanted to join the Catholic church, I would surely be branded a non-christian by my family. So I decided to keep all that a secret until I graduated high school and moved out. In the mean time, though, we left the Chruch of God and started attending a Presbyterian church (PCA). It was there that I was first introduced to Reformed Theology (aka Calvinsm). I didn't like it at first. I didn't believe people who believed that were not Christians, but I couldn't see it as Biblical. However over time I began to see that many of the points they were making were quite Biblical. I got to the point where, although I didn't fully embrace it, I could thoroughly defend it in scripture.

It was at that point that I graduated high school. A month after that I joined the Navy. In boot camp I started attending the Catholic services on Sundays, as well as going to what was called "Catholic Compass", a boot camp version of RCIA (or something to that affect). I talked to the priest there about converting and I pretty set in my mind that I was going to join the Church. I eventually finished boot camp and got stationed in Charleston, SC for training in my field. I attended mass at the Chapel there for a while. I started looking into RCIA there. About that time Thanksgiving was coming around and my family was going to come to Charleston to spend the holiday with me. I had been telling my family that I hadn't got around to finding a church yet. Just too lazy on sunday mornings. I still couldn't get myself to tell them that I was joining the Church. So I started going to a local PCA right before they arrived. I also started to have some theological dilemas.

Having attended a PCA for several years, I had become familar with the ins and outs of Calvinism. I was also starting to see things in a Calvinistic way, at least when it came to the doctrines of grace (or the Five Points). I had still not really come across these types of issues in the Catholic church. I really didn't know what the Catholics believed about them. What I thought I knew was still what protestants had told me. Presbyterians love to cite Augustine for early church support for their doctrines. How he battled Pelagianism and won the day. How semi-pelagianism reared its head and how the church defeated that heresy. But they were under the impression that, although the Chruch at one time taught these things, it gave into humanism and changed its beliefs about those doctrines. And unfortunately, I believed them. I started questioning the validity of the Catholic faith. If the Catholic church really is what it says it is, then it would not have changed its position on these doctrines. As far as I was concerned, the Scriptures were very clear on the matter, as long as you could get past your own personal biases. So I decided that the Catholic Chruch couldn't be what it says it is. But in the back of my mind was always a "what if...". What if I was wrong? But that "what if" was very small and I almost didn't hear it.

So for the next couple of years I studied more and more about reformed theology, and theology in general. I became very convinced and adamant about Reformed theology. Although not an expert, I could engage in discussion or debate without feeling flustered or not having an answer for whatever point was being brought up. Such was the case for almost 3 years.

I discovered this site after being a member on a couple others just like it. I was in the reformed section (I think) one day when I came across a particular thread. It concered what the Catholic Church would say about the 5 points of Calvinism. Keep in mind that it was these five specific doctrines that took me away from the church a few years prior. I thought it would be an interesting read, so I checked it out. The thread sent you to a link. The link was on the site www.cin.org/users/james/files/tulip.htm It is entitled "A Tiptoe Through Tulip". That page pretty much swept the rug from under my feet. I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that I had done about a 135 degree turn (half way between 90 and 180). I later came across an article on the pope on that same site. It was there that I turned the rest of the 45 degrees to make the 180. I still had some stubborness though. In my mind were some "what about..."'s. What about purgatory? What about the canon of scripture? I read most of that site and any kind of myths that were still in my mind were dispelled. Any kind of misunderstandings I had were clarified. In a matter of a couple days I had become 100% re-convinced of the Catholic Church. I immediately started attending mass at the church in town here. The only thing was that I was getting ready to go out to sea again in a couple weeks. I talked to the priest. He gave me a few things: the catechism; a book called "We Believe", which was based on the catechism and used for intruction; and a rosary. While out to sea I read through both of the books. I got back from sea about a month ago and am attending RCIA.

I'll be out to sea for Easter, so I'll be taking first communion sometime before Easter, then I'll get confirmed sometime after I get back.

In brief summary, the authority of Christ was passed onto his apostles, and to their successors, then to their successors, etc. The Church is One, just as Christ prayed it would be. The church has an authority and unity that is found nowhere else. It is the true Church founded by Christ, and the only Church where I am truly at home.

Upvote 0

AdJesumPerMariam

To Jesus through Mary
Jan 26, 2004
At Home
Visit site
✟51,621.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was born to a Catholic family, and baptized Catholic. I was raised in a Catholic Church until I was about 4, when my parents divorced. This was back in the 60's and divorce was unheard of in our tiny community, so my mom left. We went to a series of Lutheran, Nazarene, & Baptist Churches, with each promising they were the only ones going to Heaven. I admit, though, up until I was about 15, I felt very close to God. Well, as a teen, I rebeled. I married @ 17 to get away from my mom & step dad.

My first husband was killed in a motorcycle wreck 6 mos after we married. I did some silly things (nothing illegal), and ended up married to my kids' father. !4 mos after getting married, we had a son. Dean was 10 yrs older than me, and an alcoholic, & very abusive, but I was young. I had 2 more kids, girls, and finally divorced him. I went back to school & became a nurse. Now when I was little, I wanted to be a nurse & a nun....so I kept part of my dream.

Anyway, moving ahead, in 1992, I met my now husband, although we didn't marry until 1998. We have had a very good marriage. We chose to go back to church, because I truely missed it. Mike was not raised in church, but I was, and I was ready to give my whole life to Christ. My husband did that & was baptized. I, too did that, and though was very involved, felt like something was missing.

Now over the years, my respect for the Catholic Church has never died, although I have always heard terrible things, and Catholics could not go to Heaven. I always thought the faith a beautiful profession of our Lord.

In 2003 I was diagnosed with stage 4 Her2+++ breast cancer. I was in shock. I received my first chemo, and thought I was going to die. I stayed with my husband, went to 'healing' services, was prophesized over, that I would be healed, prayed over constantly.......basically I just needed enough faith, and all would be fine. I knew in my heart that that couldn't be true. If so, why do Godly people continue to die every day?

I guess it was then that I started reading. And asking questions. And studying, and largely praying. I was praying on a constant basis, NOT to be healed, but to do exactly as God wants me to do. I wanted whatever was in God's plan, & wanted to be a testimony.

I was lead back to the Catholic Church. I know, my 'friends' were saying 'impossible!' "The Catholic Church is false, and you can't be saved and go to the Catholic Church" or whatever else they were thinking. I fought it at first. I think the thing that hit me hardest, though, was my onocologist. I knew he was a Christian, he talked it, and he walked it, and showed true love & compassion for his patients. We were talking one day and he said he was Catholic. Now, before we knew that, we knew he was a Christian, but after, we became a little judgemental. I knew then that Christ was calling me to go back.

I started going to Mass, met with the Deacon, and brought my foster children & grandchildren to VBS. For the first time in.....maybe forever, I felt like I was going home.

Christ has blessed me with completely clear scans since June of this year. I have had one reacurrance, so have been on chemo twice since all of this happened. Lost my hair, which broke my heart, because it had always been long.

I feel His presence when I walk in the door. I also had a dream, and in this dream I was in a play, or movie, but didn't know my parts, and I was just confused & winging it. The Director tapped me on the shoulder and said I was doing the right thing.

My mother, who will not speak of Christ, nor anything to do with church, actually opened up a little....although very little, when I said something about the Catholic Church.

Christ has led me home.

Upvote 0

Glynnw

Mar 8, 2004
New Orleans, La.
✟1,299.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I'm coming into the church tomorrow, in time for Advent. I was Baptist and had many questions. After researching the history of religion, if you put that into your search engine the first religion to come up is the Catholic Religion, established in the year 33 by Jesus Christ. That was good enough for me. There was no other religion until 500 years later when Martin Luther broke away from the Church. I am so glad I decided to convert. By the way, I have been studing since March.

God Bless You, GlynnW

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Glynnw

Mar 8, 2004
New Orleans, La.
✟1,299.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CatholicChristian10 said:
I was born to a Catholic family, and baptized Catholic. I was raised in a Catholic Church until I was about 4, when my parents divorced. This was back in the 60's and divorce was unheard of in our tiny community, so my mom left. We went to a series of Lutheran, Nazarene, & Baptist Churches, with each promising they were the only ones going to Heaven. I admit, though, up until I was about 15, I felt very close to God. Well, as a teen, I rebeled. I married @ 17 to get away from my mom & step dad.

My first husband was killed in a motorcycle wreck 6 mos after we married. I did some silly things (nothing illegal), and ended up married to my kids' father. !4 mos after getting married, we had a son. Dean was 10 yrs older than me, and an alcoholic, & very abusive, but I was young. I had 2 more kids, girls, and finally divorced him. I went back to school & became a nurse. Now when I was little, I wanted to be a nurse & a nun....so I kept part of my dream.

Anyway, moving ahead, in 1992, I met my now husband, although we didn't marry until 1998. We have had a very good marriage. We chose to go back to church, because I truely missed it. Mike was not raised in church, but I was, and I was ready to give my whole life to Christ. My husband did that & was baptized. I, too did that, and though was very involved, felt like something was missing.

Now over the years, my respect for the Catholic Church has never died, although I have always heard terrible things, and Catholics could not go to Heaven. I always thought the faith a beautiful profession of our Lord.

In 2003 I was diagnosed with stage 4 Her2+++ breast cancer. I was in shock. I received my first chemo, and thought I was going to die. I stayed with my husband, went to 'healing' services, was prophesized over, that I would be healed, prayed over constantly.......basically I just needed enough faith, and all would be fine. I knew in my heart that that couldn't be true. If so, why do Godly people continue to die every day?

I guess it was then that I started reading. And asking questions. And studying, and largely praying. I was praying on a constant basis, NOT to be healed, but to do exactly as God wants me to do. I wanted whatever was in God's plan, & wanted to be a testimony.

I was lead back to the Catholic Church. I know, my 'friends' were saying 'impossible!' "The Catholic Church is false, and you can't be saved and go to the Catholic Church" or whatever else they were thinking. I fought it at first. I think the thing that hit me hardest, though, was my onocologist. I knew he was a Christian, he talked it, and he walked it, and showed true love & compassion for his patients. We were talking one day and he said he was Catholic. Now, before we knew that, we knew he was a Christian, but after, we became a little judgemental. I knew then that Christ was calling me to go back.

I started going to Mass, met with the Deacon, and brought my foster children & grandchildren to VBS. For the first time in.....maybe forever, I felt like I was going home.

Christ has blessed me with completely clear scans since June of this year. I have had one reacurrance, so have been on chemo twice since all of this happened. Lost my hair, which broke my heart, because it had always been long.

I feel His presence when I walk in the door. I also had a dream, and in this dream I was in a play, or movie, but didn't know my parts, and I was just confused & winging it. The Director tapped me on the shoulder and said I was doing the right thing.

My mother, who will not speak of Christ, nor anything to do with church, actually opened up a little....although very little, when I said something about the Catholic Church.

Christ has led me home.

May God Bless you CatholicChristian10

Upvote 0

ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
just posted this elsewhere, but this seem's equally appropriate here in the Conversion Thread :)

you can read about my conversion by clicking on the following links, in order

I started out my research 18 months before my enquiries in OBOB began...here is the first post i make in OBOB...i'd already fought for those 18 months to get my daughter into the Catholic School and had had interview's with the Staff so that i could affirm my wholehearted belief in the christian ethos of the school!..i was so slow to realise that God was drawing me to the Holy Catholic Church!
My initial post in OBOB (after many months of lurking)
http://www.christianforums.com/t455...web-sites-.html

My initial experience of Catholic Mass: http://www.christianforums.com/t53094-im-in-love.html

And subsequent reception into the Catholic Faith: http://www.christianforums.com/t115...estim-home.html

Thanks be to God :clap:

God Bless.

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i am a revert to the Catholic church! I was born and raised Catholic, went to Catholic schools, made all my sacraments, etc. Then the Jehovahs witnesses got a hold of me for a year back in 1991 and turned my life upside down and had me scared to death of Catholicism. After leaving the JW's i started going to a Church of Christ, then a Baptist church for a while, then non-denom, then AOG for 5 yrs and FINALLY made my way back to the Catholic church...almost 2 yrs ago...Praise God!! It was a LONG road..glad to be back home!! only this time around..i know a heck of a lot more about what the Catholic church believes and teaches and WHY i am Catholic!!! woo hoo!!
karen

Reactions: ukok
Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
plmarquette said:
in the process of " conversion "
did you notice , that when you changed , that there was a need to
go and do , that was not there before ....
that there was a hunger for the bible ....
that there was a change in priorities , processes , and heart ?

For me, yes most definately. The more I studied the Catholic Faith, the more undeniable and convinced I was that this is the Church Jesus Christ instituted. So what naturally followed that was a new found fire and passion for God, and I found myself being brought to deeper insight and growth in my spirit. Just by reading the writings of the Saints alone have given me so much insight that I had never known before.

May the Lord give you His peace!

-Davide

Upvote 0