May 30, 2009
Canada
✟9,589.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Lucifer can also appear as a column of light

Like Jesus? or maybe Paul? or the head of a major church? Personally, if Lucifer exists I think he's part of our genes, and he lives somewhere in the brain. The evidence of his biological existence are negative thoughts. Guess who's his neighbour.

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Me? No living thing on earth knows what was in Mohammad's head. He might made it up for a purpose, or he might actually believed that stuff.

When he was 40 he was isolating himself in a cave for weeks, praying that God will guide his people. That's not very healthy and seeing an imaginary friend frequently such as an angel might actually happened to him.

I believe Muhammad's conviction in what he preached was also very real. Hallucinations are my explanation for what happened to him- he's a pretty unique Abrahamic prophet, that's for sure.

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Like Jesus? or maybe Paul?
Sort of
or the head of a major church? Personally, if Lucifer exists I think he's part of our genes, and he lives somewhere in the brain. The evidence of his biological existence are negative thoughts. Guess who's his neighbour.

:confused:?

Upvote 0

FRM48

Honorably Discharged Vet
Jan 31, 2011
Home
✟16,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Like Jesus? or maybe Paul? or the head of a major church? Personally, if Lucifer exists I think he's part of our genes, and he lives somewhere in the brain. The evidence of his biological existence are negative thoughts. Guess who's his neighbour.

Nah,he whispers in your ear.

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
There are many reasons why there are contradictions in Quran. If you examine Allah and Mohammad. Allah is the only God, and Mohammad was his only prophet in that time. Nobody could connect with Allah but his prophet

Mohammad presented the Quran as "Allah's ONLY true words". That's why the Quran was sent almost everyday in his preaching life, to enforce his claims.

And that explains why the Quran is so messy and extremely hard to understand. Because each verse serves a certain story or a purpose.

Mohammad as a philosopher had his own social, political and economical systems in his mind. Some of his ideas were extreme. He couldn't ban alcohol give women "equal" rights or dismantle tribes. He knew change happens slowly so that's one of the reasons why the quran have many contradictions regarding things like alcohol.

Mohammad preached for 20 years. Do you honestly think he will remember every verse he made up in these 7330 days?

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0